KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » KMC the end?

KMC the end?
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
And I would support your effort, too, if Raz would sell it to you. I would definitely help with the front page with movie reviews. And I'd start up my detailed movie ratings again and put some graphics around it to make it pretty. Here's my old movie rating system (I'd have to remove the 3D effect because that's falling out of favor):

Not once, but twice. First time, offered 20k. Second time, offered 4.5k. He didn't bite either time and I'm not even sure if my messages got to him.

The only way to buy the site is with a lawyer who specializes in this kind of thing. I honestly don't know any magic ways outside of special website lawyers. There are ways but it may take a year or something. You have to file this, file that, serve notice request to the front-man company he's using to protect his personal info, etc.

All of that would take a lawyer.
Let's do this then, I have a vacation coming up in a few weeks once I'm out of Africa I'll look into the lawyer, if it's a go we do this with promises none of us will share personal info about each other publicly or privately.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 11:21 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Putinbot1
Let's do this then, I have a vacation coming up in a few weeks once I'm out of Africa I'll look into the lawyer, if it's a go we do this with promises none of us will share personal info about each other publicly or privately.

Alright, let's do it, then.

This can get messy since money is involved. It's best if we do an even split with a trustee for all those that want to get on-board with this.

My estimate is this will cost us £1000-£3000 pounds in legal fees.

Let's get monetary commitments from everyone on KMC that wants to participate. Then find a trustee. Then start the process.

We can also start an LLC, get a tax ID (EIN), open a business account with multiple people having ownership control over the account, and then we all deposit it in the account. Or we just stick with a trustee.

Honestly, I trust Robtard. I'd be okay if we just transferred the money to him and had him take care of payments on our behalf. What are your thoughts?

So here's the outline of how we can proceed (using Yankee business ways):

1. Apply for an LLC.
2. Draft an Operational Agreement for all those that want to be co-owners. Split ownership exaclty proportional to money invested. Have all owners sign the operational agreement.
3. NDAs needed? I don't think so.
4. After operational agreement is signed by all partial owners, we designate Robtard as the trustee.
5. Transfer funds via paypal or whatever method to Robtard.
6. You lock down the UK lawyer for us.
7. Give the lawyer's invoice to Robtard when they come and allow the lawyer to do their thing.
8. Robtard pays the invoice as they come, as the trustee.

So what do we do if the "trustee" account runs out of money? And do we have all advertisement revenue drop into the LLC? If we do that, then we need to open a business banking account for ad revenue. We'd need to look into getting this site hosted in the cloud and consider the infrastructure costs (probably less than $100 a month in AWS).

I may be forgetting something. Read over my post and let me know if I forgot anything. Also, Robtard is definitely trustworthy. So is Backfire. So is Bardock42. But I haven't seen Bardock around.

You are the best person to handle operational issues in the UK and coordinate with the lawyer because the site is owned by Raz who is in the UK. So I think we'd have to do all the legal crap in the UK and you're the best bet.

Also, honestly, it would be a million times easier if there was just one owner. Having split ownership can get messy. Even though the operational agreement would have multiple parties listed with the option to vote someone out with a majority vote (this is standard), it still can get messy. Probably best to avoid that. One owner is best.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 11:33 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

quote:
You are the best person to handle operational issues in the UK and coordinate with the lawyer because the site is owned by Raz who is in the UK. So I think we'd have to do all the legal crap in the UK and you're the best bet.

Also, honestly, it would be a million times easier if there was just one owner. Having split ownership can get messy. Even though the operational agreement would have multiple parties listed with the option to vote someone out with a majority vote (this is standard), it still can get messy. Probably best to avoid that. One owner is best.

Color me surprised, that was well thought out.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 11:36 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

I would go halves with you if you ever found out and wanted to, DDDM tried to buy it years ago.
And I would support your effort, too, if Raz would sell it to you. I would definitely help with the front page with movie reviews. And I'd start up my detailed movie ratings again and put some graphics around it to make it pretty. Here's my old movie rating system (I'd have to remove the 3D effect because that's falling out of favor):

Not once, but twice. First time, offered 20k. Second time, offered 4.5k. He didn't bite either time and I'm not even sure if my messages got to him.

The only way to buy the site is with a lawyer who specializes in this kind of thing. I honestly don't know any magic ways outside of special website lawyers. There are ways but it may take a year or something. You have to file this, file that, serve notice request to the front-man company he's using to protect his personal info, etc.

All of that would take a lawyer.
All that would work for me. I had been asking Raz for years to update the site. He was going to look into it then just disappeared.

It's a shame. I had hoped to retire mods, add new mods, update the Star Wars, movies and TV forums. I wanted a like system, and a share system for FB, Twitter, etc.

I still don't know why Raz just up and left without even giving a mod admin permissions.

Edit: I also wanted to unban some accounts too.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Last edited by Badabing on Aug 30th, 2018 at 11:41 PM

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 11:39 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

@DDM I'm happy with all that.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 11:39 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

@ Bada sounds good, I'll front a K for the legal fees if you and DDM do the same, when we find out the cost we can decide if we want to take it further.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 11:41 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Someone's still in control, add revenue is still being generated. I don't see it as I have ad-blocks, but it's happening.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 11:42 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Okay, so it looks like we have a fire.

Whirly, if you want to get this ball rolling, I say that Badabing is a good choice for an Admin to help with some of the repair and upgrade work. He appears to be super interested and it will be a HUGE time sink. He's modded as a global for years. Backfire is fair and can be trusted so you can make him a coadmin just in case something happens to Badabing or he is too busy for something important like disaster recovery during a crash.

Also, let's be honest...I think you should be the owner. Trust me...one owner. It's just too stupid and complicated to have more than one. You be the owner, you appoint admins, and let your admins appoint mod and global mods (and you do the same).

So next steps are to get a list of people who want to chip in funds. We need Robtard to confirm he'll be our trustee, as well.

I just looked. I cannot find a website lawyer. It's been years since I looked into this but, before, when I was searching, there used to be multiple types.

Before we go down the legal path, someone needs to see if they can get into contact with Raz. That's the least costly method:

Contact Information
Registrant Contact
Name: WhoisGuard Protected
Organization: WhoisGuard, Inc.
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 0823-03411, Panama Panama 0 PA
Phone: +507.8365503
Ext:
Fax: +51.17057182
Fax Ext:
Email:[email protected]
Admin Contact
Ext:
Fax Ext:
Tech Contact
Ext:
Fax Ext:

Also, since the website uses cloudflare, that means Raz has updated the website recently with that security service. It's basically to prevent DDoS attacks and also to act as a back-up and disaster recovery service. Cloudflare didn't exist until 2009. The last time I tried to purchase was probably back in 2013 or 2014 and CloudFlare wasn't listed on the whois result. MEANING...Raz has an interest in the site still and added CloudFlare stuff to it in the last 3-5 years. He's just simply avoiding the website for whatever reason. This is not okay since so many of us want to use it, still.

So let's get a list of people who want to chip in funds.

My initial chip in will be £500. I can go higher if we don't have enough after we see who all is on board. I do know that Supra wanted to do this, as well.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 11:50 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I'll pitch in, too. I like what I've read, thus far.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 12:15 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Well, that's 3 and potentially 4 if you include Supra.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 12:29 AM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Lol, I've been a part of KMC for too long to not help out however much I can. (May 2005..... damn...)

That being said, if we need a new satelite forum, I CAN set one up fairly easily with either Forumotion or Jcink forums. I already run several forums so I know the back end of those..... decently well (I'm no coder admittedly.) But I can set it up, and then we can make pinned announcements in each forum for a while so people can know where they can migrate to. Assuming acquiring KMC does not work, it does provide us a way to at the very least have a place to go once this place finally bites itself into oblivion.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 12:49 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Lol, I've been a part of KMC for too long to not help out however much I can. (May 2005..... damn...)

That being said, if we need a new satelite forum, I CAN set one up fairly easily with either Forumotion or Jcink forums. I already run several forums so I know the back end of those..... decently well (I'm no coder admittedly.) But I can set it up, and then we can make pinned announcements in each forum for a while so people can know where they can migrate to. Assuming acquiring KMC does not work, it does provide us a way to at the very least have a place to go once this place finally bites itself into oblivion.

Actually.....................

That's a great idea.

I'd rather we all just go to a new forum and register there. But every time we try to do it, people just come back here and those new forums die down.

We should have a global mod sticky every forum and tell them to go to the new forum.

But we'd lose nearly priceless amounts of info. Some of the best and most unique Movie reviews, movie vs. debates, comic reviews, comic debates, and Star Wars discussions have been had on this site. Seriously, some particular topics are not covered anywhere else on the net.

At KMC's height, it was in the top 100 most trafficked websites in the world. In the effing world! When it was at it's height, the most trafficked site (outside of the search engines) was IGN, believe it or not.

Now the most trafficked site, outside of search engines, is YouTube.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 01:04 AM
Darkstorm Zero

Actually.....................

That's a great idea.

I'd rather we all just go to a new forum and register there. But every time we try to do it, people just come back here and those new forums die down.

We should have a global mod sticky every forum and tell them to go to the new forum.

But we'd lose nearly priceless amounts of info. Some of the best and most unique Movie reviews, movie vs. debates, comic reviews, comic debates, and Star Wars discussions have been had on this site. Seriously, some particular topics are not covered anywhere else on the net.

At KMC's height, it was in the top 100 most trafficked websites in the world. In the effing world! When it was at it's height, the most trafficked site (outside of the search engines) was IGN, believe it or not.

Now the most trafficked site, outside of search engines, is YouTube.

Heh, they come here because it's familiar, and familiar is comforting. But that being said, I know that KMC's archives are invaluable, soon though, unless we get the rights to migrate the data, we will lose it either way once the software is kaput. Better to have the migration option ready to go than to scramble at the last possible minute. Thats the pragmatic side of me tho.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 01:16 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

It's true. And painful. I'd rather this place just die, so I could have sigs larger than 50gdkb. But I always end up back here, one way or another.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 01:21 AM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Well, the offer is there, I'm sure the mods will PM me if they wish to make the attempt to migrate. To make it work, it must be a concerted effort.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 01:30 AM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I will try and contact Raz

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 11:20 AM
dadudemon

Great! I hope you have better success than I did.

Peace be upon you, etc.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 02:01 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Great! I hope you have better success than I did.

Peace be upon you, etc.
Given his second name is Anwar perhaps if I send in Arabic I will get a better result.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 04:41 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Good luck thumb up Let us know if you had any success.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 05:03 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Good luck thumb up Let us know if you had any success.
I will do Stilt.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 05:14 PM