KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Can Zod replicate Kurse's Mjolnir feat?

Can Zod replicate MCU Kurses mjolnir feat
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, his punches caused massive shockwaves 13 61.90%
No, Zod has no feats comparable to beating down Thor 5 23.81%
No, Kurse is stronger 3 14.29%
Total: 21 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Can Zod replicate Kurse's Mjolnir feat?
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
Hulk didn’t stop the leviathan. It never stopped moving forward.

Due to the concrete beneath Hulk crumbling appart. Its like trying to brake a car on a wet road.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 08:41 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

People really need to stop credence to H1's comments...

Hulk did in fact stop the leviathon in the manner in which we're discussing. While Hulk was initially pushed back his feet eventually found footing and he came to a complete stop, then the moment of the leviathan transferred back through it's body; causing it to flip over him.

You can see Hulk come to a stop at around the 00:57 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amVfFRNmDE4

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Aug 20th, 2018 at 09:03 PM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 09:00 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Robtard
People really need to stop credence to H1's comments...

Hulk did in fact stop the leviathon in the manner in which we're discussing. While Hulk was initially pushed back his feet eventually found footing and he came to a complete stop, then the moment of the leviathan transferred back through it's body; causing it to flip over him.

You can see Hulk come to a stop at around the 00:57 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amVfFRNmDE4

"We are" me and the other poster (not you).
The forward momentum wasn't stopped. It was flipping over (forward). The center of gravity was still moving forward.

Second, it was a bracing feat. Hulk attempted to push it at one point of the feat and the push did nothing.

The force needed TO COMPLETELY STOP IT in the distance that it was stopped (started flipping) can be easily calculated. And it isn't a lot.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 09:31 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Nobody believes your made up numbers.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Last edited by Silent Master on Aug 20th, 2018 at 09:50 PM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 09:44 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

"We are" me and the other poster (not you).
The forward momentum wasn't stopped. It was flipping over (forward). The center of gravity was still moving forward.

Second, it was a bracing feat. Hulk attempted to push it at one point of the feat and the push did nothing.

The force needed TO COMPLETELY STOP IT in the distance that it was stopped (started flipping) can be easily calculated. And it isn't a lot.

Wrong. Hulk fully stopped it, the second he stopped moving, why the momentum transferred rearward and why it then flipped tail first over Hulk's now completely prone body.

It's fine if your hate the Hulk as you do, but your low-balling is clownish.

Using F = dp/dt = m*dv/dt = ma, Hulk needed to exert a shit-ton of force.

Last edited by Robtard on Aug 20th, 2018 at 09:53 PM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 09:49 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Silent Master
Nobody believes you're made up numbers.

Then you are free to calculate it yourself.
Make up numbers you think are close to the truth.
We can have a consensus.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 09:53 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Then you are free to calculate it yourself.
Make up numbers you think are close to the truth.
We can have a consensus.

I'll just laugh at your sad attmepts to low-ball the feats of characters you don't want to win.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 09:54 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

I'll just laugh at your sad attmepts to low-ball the feats of characters you don't want to win.
That's what the consensus is about. No lowballing. We all agree to the numbers before calculating.

Mass of leviathan
Time it took the leviathan to start flipping (from Hulk's initial punch).
Approximate speed the leviathan was going before the punch.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 10:26 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Okay, I did the maths, Hulk exerted over 9,000 tons of force to stop the leviathan to the point its momentum transferred and it pivoted over the Hulk tail over head.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 10:37 PM
Arachnid1

Dark World was such a stupid movie. Strength should never factor into picking up or deflecting Mjolnir, and they did that just to give the villain a moment in a sub par fight scene. So stupid.

Anyway, if we're assuming Mjolnir can be redirected through strength (and nothing else I'm missing factored in), and Kurse is the baseline, then yes, Zod can do it without much trouble.

PWNT

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 11:28 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Okay, I did the maths, Hulk exerted over 9,000 tons of force to stop the leviathan to the point its momentum transferred and it pivoted over the Hulk tail over head.

The consensus is to agree on the numbers before any calculations are done.

Mass of the leviathan?
Time it took to flip over the leviathan?
Initial speed of the leviathan?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 11:28 PM
h1a8

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Dark World was such a stupid movie. Strength should never factor into picking up or deflecting Mjolnir, and they did that just to give the villain a moment in a sub par fight scene. So stupid.

Anyway, if we're assuming Mjolnir can be redirected through strength (and nothing else I'm missing factored in), and Kurse is the baseline, then yes, Zod can do it without much trouble.
Mjolnir is deflected all the time in comics. Nothing new. Just as long as one doesn't try to wield it.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 11:29 PM
Silent Master

Mass of Leviathan: 12,000 tons

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 11:43 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

The consensus is to agree on the numbers before any calculations are done.

Mass of the leviathan?
Time it took to flip over the leviathan?
Initial speed of the leviathan?

20,000 tons
Hulk punched it at 00:52; it's basically vertical at 00:56, using maths that is 4 seconds or less
40-45mph

We must also account for that the leviathan did not only have momentum of P=MV on its side, it was actively being driven forward by whatever it uses to propel it's ultra-large mass through the air, so Hulk had to counter that force too. Think of trying to stop a car that is coasting at 40-45mph, versus stopping one that is actively being driven at 40-45 with the power of its engine.

Ergo, Hulk had to exert a shit-ton of force to counter that and then stop the leviathan causing it to pivot and flip. No matter how you downplay, it's a very impressive feat of both strength and durability, as Hulk's body would have been subject to the forces and counter-forces therein the feat.

Case closed.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 11:51 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Arachnid1

You are quite the fanboy. It’s been noted you’re out of your k-nian lovin’ mind.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 12:42 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K-Dog

Don’t think Zod can do it cuz dark elves had some “anti-Asgardian” ability or magic or something, but Zod would still be at least as strong and durable otherwise.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 01:23 AM
K-Dog is currently offline Click here to Send K-Dog a Private Message Find more posts by K-Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

20,000 tons
Hulk punched it at 00:52; it's basically vertical at 00:56, using maths that is 4 seconds or less
40-45mph

We must also account for that the leviathan did not only have momentum of P=MV on its side, it was actively being driven forward by whatever it uses to propel it's ultra-large mass through the air, so Hulk had to counter that force too. Think of trying to stop a car that is coasting at 40-45mph, versus stopping one that is actively being driven at 40-45 with the power of its engine.

Ergo, Hulk had to exert a shit-ton of force to counter that and then stop the leviathan causing it to pivot and flip. No matter how you downplay, it's a very impressive feat of both strength and durability, as Hulk's body would have been subject to the forces and counter-forces therein the feat.

Case closed.

Mass of Leviathan: 12,000 tons

20,000 tons? 12,000tons? Stop bullshiting. Let's be serious for a moment.

Lol. A blue whale is 150 tons. It's more fair to say that the leviathan is roughly between 200-350tons. But we can use 500 tons.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/428967933248611096/

Speed is about 20-35mph.

And the leviathan wasn't stopped at 0:57. So what will we be calculating exactly? I would say the once the leviathan completely flipped over it would have stopped. So at about 1:07 it would have completely stopped. So 15 seconds.

Last edited by h1a8 on Aug 21st, 2018 at 03:42 AM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 03:37 AM
Silent Master

Nope, it's at least 12,000. probably closer to 18,000

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 05:23 AM
h1a8

Nope, it's at least 12,000. probably closer to 18,000

What’s your basis for the estimate (especially given what a blue whale weighs)?

Wrong. Hulk fully stopped it, the second he stopped moving, why the momentum transferred rearward and why it then flipped tail first over Hulk's now completely prone body.

It's fine if your hate the Hulk as you do, but your low-balling is clownish.

Using F = dp/dt = m*dv/dt = ma, Hulk needed to exert a shit-ton of force.

Hulk didn’t fully stop it. It’s forward momentum wasn’t ever 0. You have very little understanding of physics. It’s about the center of gravity. The leviathans center of gravity was still going forward. Making something rotate without stopping forward momentum has NOTHING to do with stopping forward momentum.

I don’t hate Hulk. I actually represent Hulk (mostly WBHulk) in the comic section over everyone (even Superman).

I just hate when people (with little to no physics understanding) blow feats up to proportions far above what the really are. And you are foolish and ignorant to think I’m lowballing when in actuality I’m inflating the numbers to appease everyone here.

You don’t have to accept my word on it. Ask anyone with a physics background (professor or grad student, etc). You can even go to physicsforum.com and ask any of the physicists (there are a shitload of them there).

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 03:36 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I forget exactly what Malekith says word for word, but it can lead one to believe that the Kurse are specifically design to take out Asgardians.

I'd have to rewatch Thor:TDW again, but it's my least favorite Thor film so that's not happening anytime soon.

The hammer wasn't even made by the Asgardians though, right? I thought it was made in the same place Thor gets Stormbreaker.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 03:48 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote