KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » DCEU: Cavill out as Superman

DCEU: Cavill out as Superman
Started by: WolvesofBabylon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

Its about it making no sense to continue just for 1 successful character/franchise. Give her one more solo film, then call it quits.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 10:39 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Its about it making no sense to continue just for 1 successful character/franchise. Give her one more solo film, then call it quits.
No, it is silly to call it all quits. They all did not crash and burn like jl.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 10:41 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

No its silly to carry on a whole failed Universe for 1 character.

JL crashed due to all of the rest. Plus being a mess itself.

Besides The other films were based around a Batman and Superman who have both gone now. Anything going forward would be a soft reboot in any case.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 11:06 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

No its silly to carry on a whole failed Universe for 1 character.

JL crashed due to all of the rest. Plus being a mess itself.

Besides The other films were based around a Batman and Superman who have both gone now. Anything going forward would be a soft reboot in any case.
It was a mess itself that is why. Nothing more. Lost credibility with previous films but a good film is all they need. Look at WW.

Soft is the way to go. Glad they are not focusing on Batman or Superman. Done it death. Both brands are devalued these days. Love it.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 11:11 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by quanchi112
It was a mess itself that is why. Nothing more. Lost credibility with previous films but a good film is all they need. Look at WW.

Soft is the way to go. Glad they are not focusing on Batman or Superman. Done it death. Both brands are devalued these days. Love it.

Yeah look at WW.

WW proved one good film wont save them.

I agreed when they had Cavill and Affleck. But now I just think its pointless to carry on just for WW. Shes already getting a sequel, and that will be her 4th film.

No need to cling onto a failed Shared Universe just for her, unless Aquaman and Shazam both blow it out of the park (although Shazam doesnt even need to connect to the current shared universe).

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 11:29 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

WW 1984 should be the last WW film. Let the DCEU die after it, we've lost Superman and Batman.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 01:42 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I wanna see Kristen Wiig in a cheetah suit

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 05:37 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Surtur
WW 1984 should be the last WW film. Let the DCEU die after it, we've lost Superman and Batman.

thumb up thumb up thumb up

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 05:47 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Was there any follow up with this
https://imgur.com/a/2a0okmq

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2018 06:41 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ WB office? Most his films are WB films iirc.

Dc office would be something different.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2018 07:05 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Surtur
**** no. Superman and Batman are tired, the MCU flourished without the more well known ips.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2018 12:14 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Was there any follow up with this
https://imgur.com/a/2a0okmq

fandummies are thinking its for batman, but the fact of the matter is that Affleck needs to get his life in order first.. also the insurance wb will take out will be twice if not 3x of much marvel took out on rdj

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2018 09:18 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don’t see why they should drop her, she did a good job, Hell to me she was the best part of JL.

I mean DCU doesn’t want afleck and cavel is being a diva, that’s not Gal Gaddots fault, second she IS the only one who’s made a good movie.

Third JL wasn’t that bad but that moron Snyder shit all over it, I’m sure that didn’t help, that was sad especially after his friend did him a favor. Studio executives also interfered.

At this point a reboot will just be another glaring sign of failure for them. Just get a new Batman and Superman. Why **** up things for Gal Gadot and Jason Mamoa and the flash actor who want to make it in the business

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2018 04:07 AM
DarthPlaguis12 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

D. Thor is a known moron and he believes his own shallow and childish opinion matters when it is a joke. Let him suck on his binky and shake his rattle as if he matters since we all know he does not.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2018 12:09 PM
Darth Thor

At DarthPlaguis:

Because you should not carry on a shared universe just for 1 character and 1 franchise. It is a DC Shared movie Universe. Not the Wonder Woman Universe.

If you or they think her franchise is that important to continue, then carry it on as a solo franchise. Clearly adding her to Justice League did not save that films reception or box office.

Yes they should obviously only reboot once they think they have their act together. As it would be an utter disaster if a reboot was still hated on. But at least then they can get away from the mess Snyder made for them. Get away from the terrible Flash, Aquaman and Lex Luthor we are stuck with. Also get away from an old Batman who kills without a second thought.

So gives the Shared Universe its best chance.

But fact is if you are replacing Superman and Batman then that is a partial reboot already. So why not do a full on reboot? They are just not doing that out of arrogance.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Oct 3rd, 2018 at 12:34 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2018 12:30 PM
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well I agree with you there but it won’t look good to reboot it now, I think they should just get new actors. I mean hell the flash, aquaman, and Shazam actors haven’t had time to shine.

I still think she was very good in JL, but there was many reasons it didn’t do the best, none the less I thought it was ok.

I didn’t find the flash or seen enough of aquaman to say there terrible I’m sure after aquaman screens we will have a better idea.

I just don’t think it’s a good idea. Not on,y that but there still working in stuff with Margot Robbie and other actors, it be hard to pull off a reboot

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2018 02:32 PM
DarthPlaguis12 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Oh I saw plenty of AquaMamoa “My Man!”, Lex Riddler wannabe, and Flash who has no clue how to run, to know they are all terrible for me.

But yeah Harley works, and Wonder Woman made tons of money.

Problem with a shared universe is the Whole Thing needs to work otherwise you are stuck with the stuff that doesnt.

Imagine if after IM1, both Cap and Thor and Avengers were hated and flopped (Hulk actually did already flop). Now im sure they would carry on the IM film series due to his popularity, but aside from that, I find it extremely unlikely they would have carried on with the Avengers stuff.

Because Feige understood for the shared universe to work after IM that both Thor and Cap had to work. The whole thing couldnt just rely on 1 character - IM.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2018 02:48 PM
davidguttermans

Still Can't Believe he is out.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2018 07:43 AM
davidguttermans is currently offline Click here to Send davidguttermans a Private Message Find more posts by davidguttermans Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

I couldn’t care less....it just shows more lack of organization over at the DCU

Old Post Oct 8th, 2018 10:45 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by davidguttermans
Still Can't Believe he is out.
He has plenty of screen time. Mainstream audiences do not care about Superman. He is not a lock at all anymore.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2018 12:33 PM