KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Discussion Thread

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Discussion Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (64): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

Mace Windu surviving would be retarded even for Disney. Theyve already messed continuity up with Ahsoka being around. You cant have arguably the 2nd most powerful Jedi of all time also be just hanging around during the OT and most the ST.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 12:20 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I hope Dooku is still alive

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 12:47 PM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Mace Windu surviving would be retarded even for Disney.

Nah - Darth Maul surviving being cut in half and falling into a reactor-pit is retarded.

Mace Windu got his hand cut off (not lethal), blasted with some Force Lightning (not lethal) and then fell miles from Palpatine's office.

Along the way he could easily have landed on one of the millions of speeders zipping through Coruscant's skies:

(please log in to view the image)

Mace would actually have the time (several minutes at least) to use the Force to center himself and then guide himself onto a vehicle or part of a structure.

There's so much more plausibility for Mace's survival than Maul's.

I always thought they literally brought Maul back from the dead for the retards.

Theyve already messed continuity up with Ahsoka being around.

Ya - I know. Obi-wan and Grevious never fought prior to the Battle Of Utapau.

TCW never happened.

You cant have arguably the 2nd most powerful Jedi of all time also be just hanging around during the OT and most the ST.

You could - because Mace would have considered Vapaad to be a failure and that it's secrets were too dangerous for any Jedi to know.

So Mace sequesters himself onto Coruscant's lowest levels - old and crusty - until Rey seeks him out to learn Vapaad.

Makes perfect sense.

Unlike bringing back a dude that got mutilated and fell several feet into a reactor pit - just so some retards could squeal spastically.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 01:15 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Pretty sure Palps was going all out in killing Windu, don't know why he wouldn't go for the lethal option and in all honesty, even in Windu was somehow alive through all that, I doubt he would be conscious enough to grab onto a fast moving airspeeder. If anything with the way he was forcibly launched out, he probably would have smashed hard into one.

That and it's confirmed he be dead and it's confirmed the lighting killed him, via the SW Databank.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Apr 1st, 2019 at 01:27 PM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 01:23 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Pretty sure Palps was going all out in killing Windu, don't know why he wouldn't go for the lethal option and in all honesty, even in Windu was somehow alive through all that, I doubt he would be conscious enough to grab onto a fast moving airspeeder. If anything with the way he was forcibly launched out, he probably would have smashed hard into one.

The Novelization reveals he was conscious and didn't smash into anything.

Before he [Windu] could follow through on his stroke, a sudden arc of blue plasma sheared through his wrist and his hand tumbled away with his lightsaber still in it and Palpatine roared back to his feet and lightning speared from the Sith Lord’s hands and without his blade to catch it, the power of Palpatine’s hate struck him full-on. He had been so intent on Palpatine’s shatterpoint that he’d never thought to look for Anakin’s. Dark lightning blasted away his universe. He fell forever.

Even if Palpatine was going all out to kill Windu with the Lightning - a few seconds of it wouldn't kill Windu anyway.

He might lose consciousness for a bit, but then afterwards all he'd have to do is guide himself to a vehicle or part of a structure - and he would have the time and opportunity to accomplish it.

- As far as the Star Wars Databank saying the lightning killed him (lol, right) and that he is dead - the Star Wars Databank once said that Maul was killed by Obi-wan Kenobi and that he died on Naboo. smile

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 01:39 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

The ROTS novel isn't apart of Disney Canon, so that doesn't fly.

Also Maul never died in current Canon, until otherwise said however, Windu is dead.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 01:53 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by Zenwolf
The ROTS novel isn't apart of Disney Canon, so that doesn't fly.

Also Maul never died in current Canon, until otherwise said however, Windu is dead.

ROFL "Disney Canon". laughing laughing laughing

Same Canon where Obi-wan fought Grevious multiple times before the Battle Of Utapau - even though Revenge Of The Sith makes it clear they had never fought before.

Same Canon where Rebels hand off physical-data after blasting their way through an Imperial Facility - even though A New Hope makes it clear that never happened.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 02:05 PM
Zenwolf

Yes that Canon, as much as some stupid stuff has been gone through.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 02:10 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by CaveDude33211

Same Canon where Rebels hand off physical-data after blasting their way through an Imperial Facility - even though A New Hope makes it clear that never happened.

Are you suggesting that rogue one was completely pointless?

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 08:42 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
Are you suggesting that the Duke's son is an animal!?

Let us say I suggest you may be human.

Your awareness may be powerful enough to control your instincts.

Your instinct would be to remove your hand from the box.

If you do so, you die.

You will feel... an itching... there! Now, the itching becomes burning. Heat upon heat upon heat!!!

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2019 11:37 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

THE PAIN!!!

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2019 11:38 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'll be surprised if we don't get a trailer for this tomorrow at the Star Wars Celebration. Supposed to be "plenty of surprises and special guests."

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 11th, 2019 09:02 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Wouldn't it be great if they announced that they're going to let this franchise die a slow death?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2019 06:13 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Galan007
I'll be surprised if we don't get a trailer for this tomorrow at the Star Wars Celebration. Supposed to be "plenty of surprises and special guests."

Guests?

ST cast doesn't care about it.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2019 08:52 AM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Wouldn't it be great if they announced that they're going to let this franchise die a slow death?

Don't get my hopes up for the impossible.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2019 09:05 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well they might actually announce Episode 9 is the last Episodic SW film for a long long time to come.

They need to build that hype for it somehow.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2019 10:59 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Well they might actually announce Episode 9 is the last Episodic SW film for a long long time to come.

They need to build that hype for it somehow.

I hope they're done with it forever tbh. Enough with the skywalkers already

Old Post Apr 12th, 2019 11:15 AM
Darth Thor

Old Post Apr 12th, 2019 01:11 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Thank god.

There NEEDS to be a long hiatus between films. Quality over quantity, ffs.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 12th, 2019 01:24 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Palpatine is back.

Title is "The Rise of Skywalker"... WTF?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2019 05:17 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote