KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Silver Surfer vs HP Doomsday

Silver Surfer vs HP Doomsday
Started by: lawest9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

And DD even blitzing MMH before he could uses his phase power
https://i.imgur.com/1RMG55u.png

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 03:22 PM
qwertyuiop1998 is currently offline Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

quote: (post)
Originally posted by panthergod
DD caught up with the Flash momentarily in tactical speed.

So in s forum battle, absolutely.

Surfer is not a true speedster. He's more like a GL.

Well yeah. DD could wreck Thor and Surfer together, just like Darkseid did.

Wtf is tactical speed. Combat speed?

Doomsday isn't catching Surfer at all, if Surfer lifts into the air, at half a KM away. He has one option, jump at him.

Surfer isn't as impressive as some think, but he's damn fast and mobile:

https://i.imgur.com/j3MiFiA.jpg

And catching flash, not that impressive. On a forum, I assure you that Doomsday would not catch flash, just like Deathstroke would not catch him.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 04:30 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Damborgson
Wtf is tactical speed. Combat speed?

Doomsday isn't catching Surfer at all, if Surfer lifts into the air, at half a KM away. He has one option, jump at him.

Surfer isn't as impressive as some think, but he's damn fast and mobile:

https://i.imgur.com/j3MiFiA.jpg

And catching flash, not that impressive. On a forum, I assure you that Doomsday would not catch flash, just like Deathstroke would not catch him.

That's because Deathstroke has plenty of non Flash level showings, that lead us to conclude that on a forum, he's not touching Flash.

Does Doomsday?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 04:32 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Doomsday can literally receive over four thousand hits, point blank, before being able to respond to Superman, who is slower than Flash. Before being able to mount any sort of offense.

Doomsday is deceptively quick, when close. But how on Earth is he jumping at Silver Surfer before he moves 10 feet to the right on his board lol ? In the air no less ?

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 04:39 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Doomsday can literally receive over four thousand hits, point blank, before being able to respond to Superman, who is slower than Flash. Before being able to mount any sort of offense.

Doomsday is deceptively quick, when close. But how on Earth is he jumping at Silver Surfer before he moves 10 feet to the right on his board lol ? In the air no less ?

He can? H/P Doomsday?

You need to then prove he is unable to react, rather than just tanking....I can post a scan of any heralds being shot at by guns, doesn't mean they were too slow to react.

Same way he gets to hit Superman et al when they're in the air. By hitting them before they can move.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 04:51 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

He wasnt tanking, as he was bleeding, roaring and when able, grabbed Superman by the face. 4000 blows later.

To truly tank something, he would have had not have little to no reaction to it. Otherwise it affected him, like this did.

Now youd have to be the one who can prove he'd catch Surfer level speed at a .5km distance ...by jumping. On a forum where plot does not inhibit the characters and Surfer can easily avoid such tactics by not being retarded.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 05:42 PM
DarkSaint85

He wasnt tanking, as he was bleeding, roaring and when able, grabbed Superman by the face. 4000 blows later.

To truly tank something, he would have had not have little to no reaction to it. Otherwise it affected him, like this did.

Now youd have to be the one who can prove he'd catch Surfer level speed at a .5km distance ...by jumping. On a forum where plot does not inhibit the characters and Surfer can easily avoid such tactics by not being retarded.

See my first sentence.

Was it H/P?

The version that Superman was blitzing; I know some versions of SD were beaten to death by some random Krypyonians, so I cannot comment on all the various versions.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 06:25 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

The last appearance of the original DD [Year 1 -> DoS -> H/P -> DD Wars -> OWAW] was when Imperiex killed him.

Any DD after that is altered/rebuilt.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Apr 8th, 2019 at 06:32 PM

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 06:30 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Egads!!!

Dambo, is this true?????

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 06:35 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

On the other hand, rebirth Doomsday was said to be faster than before [it is heavily implied that before refers to DoS].

On the other hand of the other hand, Superman blitz-punching him is not a good argument, since at his level of speed, he makes other speedsters look like normal humans. He'd make Byrne Superman look like he's standing still.

I'm here to introduce chaos, is what I'm saying. Thee nay.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Apr 8th, 2019 at 06:42 PM

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 06:38 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

On THE OTHER hand, Superman said Damage punched him harder than DoS Doomsday.....And obviously didn't die this time.

So is Superman just that much more powerful? Dambo is such a Superfan.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 07:09 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

What is HPdd's lunging speed?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 07:41 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Speak plain, friend SmellyHymen17.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 07:50 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

given basic knowledge ss would see dd as a brute. he may take off into the air, but i doubt it would be at max speed. i think it likely he WOULD be surprised by dd's speed and likely have his head caved in because of it.

if they fought a second time, i do NOT think dd could catch ss before he took off. of course there's nothing ss could do to affect dd at all and in time, i think it likely dd would evolve the ability to fly. in fact, wasn't he able to fly in the issue where imperiex killed him? or was he still jumping and being thrown by superman....?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 08:49 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

I thought my post was pretty clear.

I dunno.. I prefer more concrete feats is all.
Quantifiable ones would be nice. Some of the stuff shown or mentioned earlier were more akin to lip service and platitudes rather than solid ones. I mean they're nice, but...

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 08:49 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
I thought my post was pretty clear.

I dunno.. I prefer more concrete feats is all.
Quantifiable ones would be nice. Some of the stuff shown or mentioned earlier were more akin to lip service and platitudes rather than solid ones. I mean they're nice, but...

But....

He killed Superman. I mean, this isn't the case where someone calls Batman the most dangerous man alive and he isn't actually the most dangerous man, or when Daredevil actually shows fear....it wasn't just lip service. Superman was beaten to death. And during the ONE storyline where we take his feats from (whether it be DoS, or H/P), they consistently talk of his speed.

I mean, we don't say Captain America is stronger than DD in a benchpress, do we? After all, Cap has quantifiable benchpressing feats, Doomsday does not.

Lip service and platitudes is when they don't feats, AND actually have feats to the contrary. So in the example with Deathstroke, we have numerous showings where in fact, he does NOT possess Flash-level speed.

I mean, who wins in a foot race - Batman, with quantifiable running feats, or the Living Tribunal?

Who's smarter, Tim Drake (with a quantifiable IQ) or the Kree Supreme Intelligence (who does not have an IQ score attributed to it, AFAIK?)

Who has stronger leg muscles, Batman (with quantifiable legpress numbers) or Superman (who does not)?

Who can curl more, Kingpin or Darkseid?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 09:05 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

AO killed Supes. I wouldn't 100% proclaim he's faster.

Same reason i don't believe J'onn is as powerful(more powerful)or as strong(stronger) no matter how many times J'onn or Supes himself says it on panel.

Aren't there "numerous" showings of DD getting tagged by infinitely slower opponents?

Heck I even recall Supes claiming that OMAC may be stronger than him. Uhh what?

Batman and LT running? Kingpin and Darkseid curling...? That's dumb.

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Apr 8th, 2019 at 09:40 PM

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 09:37 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
That's dumb.

That's exactly what your argument is.

Character A has quantifiable feats.

Character B does not.

Ergo, A is faster/stronger/tougher than B.

Replace A with Surfer, and B with Doomsday. That's what you're saying.

Replace A with Kingpin, and B with Darkseid. That is what your logic leads us to. Glad we agree on that point. Just because there are no quantifiable feats, does not necessarily mean we can't gauge their levels.

As for the rest of your post:

AO? Neither would you 100% proclaim he's SLOWER, either, would you? Because if he is, then it's PIS.

J'onn has never killed Superman. DD has. So not just lip service.

'Numerous' showings? Care to show H/P DD having these numerous showings then?

OMAC being stronger? Again, I agree with you - lip service and platitudes only get you so far. The difference you are not grasping, however, is that OMAC never beat Superman. DoS DD...well, clue is in the name, lol. H/P DD smacked an amped Superman (who had his speed amped as well) around.

It's lip service when the results suggest otherwise.

I mean, Superman has quantifiable strength, speed, skill and durabilty feats.

DD has none of these.

Based on your logic, therefore, Superman annihilates DD. We can go even further.

Batman has quantifiable strength, speed, skill, and durability feats. DD does not.

Batman beats the snot out of DD.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Apr 8th, 2019 at 09:54 PM

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 09:51 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Not really my argument.

In a battleboard he is slower. Unless of course he has some really good speed feats that match Superman.

I'm accepting what was mentioned for DD up to a point... Just not accepting he has the speed of Flash or faster than Flash circa early 90's let alone current Flash.. Why? ...Because he lacks more concrete feats based of course on what u said that, "he has none"...
And in a battleboard, concrete feats should hold more weight than statements.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 10:07 PM
NemeBro

Concrete feats like what, Superman struggling to match his speed?

It's the weirdest thing. No one doubts Doomsday is as strong or stronger than DoS-era Superman when he overpowers him or matches his strength.

But when Superman has trouble keeping up with his speed? Apparently he has no concrete speed feats that enable him to match Superman.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 10:22 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote