KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Rise of Kylo Ren (comic series)

The Rise of Kylo Ren (comic series)
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

These Knights are the epitome of cannon fodder

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 09:15 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Thanks for the scans.

So that's where Kylo got the "I'm pretty but I still want to wear the mask" idea...
Yeah, definitely. I'm also curious what meaning the name "Kylo" has to him, because that seems to be what he and Snoke were talking about here:
https://i.imgur.com/6E6Vi3d.jpg

Originally posted by Darth Thor
The comic book isnt crappy. Im enjoying it.

Funny thing is I always imagined a sequel film Luke fight like that. Even imagined an indoor dark environment like that. Weird.

But yeah ill take it as a comic. Maybe we will get more in an animated show at some point. Now THAT id be happy with.
thumb up

This series has been good so far. It's the only SW title I've actually looked forward to reading since the last Vader series(which was also written by Soule.)

Say what you will about the guy, but he's done very well with SW material, imo.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 9th, 2020 at 09:27 PM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 09:21 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Originally posted by carthage
These Knights are the epitome of cannon fodder
Getting beaten by Luke and Ben makes them cannon fodder? confused

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 09:26 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned this.

Several of Luke's stances and moves in this fight are taken directly from his "fight" against Kylo Ren in The Last Jedi. Just some nice visual call backs to the movie, and showing that even though Luke was sending a projection to Crait, he was every bit as badass in person.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2020 02:50 AM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ I wonder if Lukes projection could have held a Saber and actually got into a Saber battle. That would have been so bad ass.

Originally posted by Eli Vanto
Getting beaten by Luke and Ben makes them cannon fodder? confused

They do seem to be fodder to anyone with a lightsaber. So basically to any Jedi.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jan 10th, 2020 at 12:00 PM

Old Post Jan 10th, 2020 11:57 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Soule writes Luke by respecting the character and making him bad*ss what an effing change of pace from the movies lol

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 10th, 2020 12:17 PM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ I wonder if Lukes projection could have held a Saber and actually got into a Saber battle. That would have been so bad ass.
I mean, his damn force ghost could, so I don't see why not. /shrug

Old Post Jan 10th, 2020 01:30 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

I wonder..... When Kylo ends up beating Ren to become the KOR's master, will he take Ren's red kyber and use it in his dark side saber, or will he just bleed the kyber crystal in his Jedi saber??

Old Post Jan 13th, 2020 04:40 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'm wondering the same thing, actually.

I assume that Kylo will indeed kill Ren to assume supremacy over the KoR, so it's certainly possible that he'll take Ren's saber afterward and use its kyber to power his crossguard saber. However, it's also possible that Ren will kamikaze his saber when Kylo backs him into a corner, like he was prepared to do here:
https://i.imgur.com/xhG0qB0.jpg

So if that happens, it means Kylo will have to 'bleed' the crystal in his Jedi saber. And tbh, I always figured that's what he did anyway, because it would explain why his kyber crystal been stated to be "cracked", "stressed", and "unstable" in multiple guidebooks. Kylo himself has never really been all-in with the dark side; he has always been conflicted... And I assume those emotions would've transferred into his kyber during the bleeding process. /shrug

We'll see, though.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2020 06:04 PM
Zenwolf

I feel like the whole dead-man switch for Ren's saber is....well it kinda shows his inexperience and I'm not too sure that's gonna bode well. As far as fighting goes anyway.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2020 06:18 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, I'm still not sure what to think of Ren. I like his portrayal/characterization so far, but we still don't know anything about his abilities.

I don't knock him for not wanting to fight Luke, though, because he knew that he was absolutely nothing in comparison... But hopefully he gives Kylo *some* sort of legitimate challenge in this, and doesn't just run away or w/e.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 13th, 2020 at 06:37 PM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2020 06:34 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Feb 5th, 2020 05:26 PM
Zenwolf

Now I really can't see the Knights of Ren as really anything powerful or bad***. It just seems like some collective group of misfits who can use The Force. Before I got the sense that they were gonna be some foreboding group of mysterious warriors.

Now it's just...what?

Don't get me wrong, it seems like Ren is a nice character. Buuut....I wasn't really expecting this given the info we were given and the implication of the group before all this.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2020 05:57 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

They are a collective group of misfits who can use The Force. That doesn't take away form the fact that they are meant to be a very strong and skilled group of warriors though.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2020 06:21 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Sheev
They are a collective group of misfits who can use The Force. That doesn't take away form the fact that they are meant to be a very strong and skilled group of warriors though.

It just seems like they are far too relaxed and casual within that preview, I mean I don't think they should be completely dark and brooding either, it seems a bit weird to me.

I mean TFA we first see them among the dead Jedi at the Temple in the dark and raining...even though that apparently doesn't happen now I guess. Then we get this bit of them in the comics, so I guess I got thrown for a loop.

Also we've yet to really see the strong and skilled side of them, hopefully at some point that comes around.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2020 06:31 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Wait.. Ben killed only one Jedi? So the other students were killed by Snoke? Ok

Old Post Feb 5th, 2020 06:37 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

He probably just killed one of the three initially. His 'test' for the KoR will probably be killing the other two(along with Ren) or somesuch. Either that or the KoR will kill the final two Jedi, and Ben's test will only be to kill Ren and become the KoR's 'master'.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to the flashback/Master Luke sequence. thumb up

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 5th, 2020 at 07:50 PM

Old Post Feb 5th, 2020 07:43 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Galan007

At any rate, I'm looking forward to the flashback/Master Luke sequence. thumb up

Oh yes thumb up

Old Post Feb 5th, 2020 09:16 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Feb 12th, 2020 04:18 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Feb 12th, 2020 04:18 PM