KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Terry Bogard VS Cody Travers

Terry Bogard VS Cody Travers
Started by: Sado22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evil Ryu

quote:
if it's in a canon anime then it probably is.
and terry's fights are never documented so all the stories you've heard of "terry hulking up" are fanlore and not canonical. terry/geese and terry/krauser were all good, close hard fought battles. not one sided shitestomps that got turned around because god appeared before ryu and told him to put the ChiRho sign on his belt

So they were just simple fights. That makes FF storyline even less interesting.
quote:
i'm sorry but in that vid they looked pretty even post-hoganroutine. akuma looked like he was serious. he wasn't fooling around. i doubt he was SHIN akuma but he looked pretty serious to me.

Regular Akuma is just that much stronger than Ryu. Remember Ryu lost to Oro without being able to stalemate him, and Oro had a Draw with Akuma. Ryu can't stalemate Akuma.
alpha series was entertainin? right.
quote:
as for Terry, what random boss? its been geese and krauser for the most part of it.

Jin twins and Grant too.
quote:
like who? ryu's won every goddamn tournament except 3 so what does it have to do with everyone? how much impact on his life or the outcome of the tournament has anyone else ever had? nothing. guile and chunli have been nothing but fodder for the whole time despite having a relatively decent storyline to them.

What I’m saying is that the plot of SF has never been as Ryu focused as FF with Terry. Like half of the cast has had their share of importance in the storyline, and many times just as much as Ryu (SFA3 is very Cammy, Guile, Charlie and Bison focused for example). It’s not about who wins or loses each tournament.
quote:
SF1: ryu wins
SF2: from evidence, ryu wins
SF4: ryu'll probably win since he could oneshot the badguy
Sf3: ryu loses ONLY because he was up against Oro. notice how he still gets to shitstomp alex later on. at least terry never made the new hero look bad. rock is the champ. terry didn't steal his spotlight. how many SF games don't have ryu going hogan on people?

You are guessing 2 and 4, and 1 was retconed to be the more E. Ryu’s victory rather than Ryu’s. Someone had to own Alex to give him character development. And yes, I consider Garou actually the one FF with a decent storyline, mostly because it was the exception to the rule and this time it was about Rock.
quote:
a very valid excuse. the reason a punch you don't see coming is called a cheapshot is because it is damaging but a cowardly way of landing a damaging shot. it doesn't make the strike any weak, yes, but at the same time it says next to nothing about Sagat's endurance. when you don't see something coming you can't prepare, when you can't prepare your endurance isn't at test.

Basically Sagat is a weak ***** that can’t take a punch unless he sees it coming? Does Sagat turn to glass when he let’s his guard down? You are underrating Sagat. If Ryu had tried doing the same without having gained a power bust from the SnH, Sagat would have recovered quickly from the attack and probably killed him. The cheapshotting only granted Ryu the chance to get past Sagat’s guard, but not the strength to take him down in one hit.
Now, if Dan Hibiki was did what Ryu did to Sagat, against Terry, would Terry get a 1hko with the excuse of being a cheapshot?
quote:
it's a videogame so realistic physics is the last thing on their mind.

Yet, here we are, comparing the real life damage soaking properties of skin and walls.
quote:
watch your mouth. i'm not turning this into something personal so kill the noise. i'm no terry fanboy. i can name you several people who'd beat him without much trouble. but ryu aint one of them.
fact of the matter is: evil ryu has no feats. in terms of striking and what not, he has done NOTHING that is more impressive than Terry. if all he's done is scar someone then its not even comparable to Terry who has done it with regular moves.
dig that in your head. around here at KMC we compare characters according to feats. by feast, your "god a.k.a. ryu" has got nothing on Bogard and that's a fact. and the fact that you're resorting to cheap shots and personal attacks shows that you've got nothing to say and you've been served. now shut up and go to your room, boy.
funny. you just called me a fanboy for (according to you) believing that terry hits harder than evil ryu.
by feats, yes he's done better. name me another feat by Evil ryu?
read over what you just typed and slap yourself in the head for reaching desperately. calm down mate. evil ryu aint the shite you're making him and that's a fact.
he can tremble the ground with a power up? okay that's cool.
he can teleport at great speeds? okay that's cool.
but if all he's done is scar people with this much power than that aint that impressive. not to mention that terry's fought and beaten peeps who can shake the earth with a power up (Grant). so what has evil ryu done that would change my mind when Terry's taken on these kinda people in the past and going by feats his own hitting output seems to outshite Evil Ryu's?
is that so hard to understand?
the moment this chum does something worth mentioning in terms of striking power, let me know.

Lol.
A bit sensitive here, are we? Maybe I hit a nerve and something of what I said might actually be true. Lol, relax boy, by no means it was intended as a personal attack.
First of all, you seem to think I’m a Ryu fanboy, while if you pay more attention to my posts you will see that I’m against Ryu fighting evenly with Akuma and have said that he would go down hard. I also said Sagat could have killed him. And I never said regular Ryu would beat Terry. The one I’m arguing for is Evil Ryu, which is a stronger version of Ryu, who does have feats (in other words, any feat from Ryu can be performed by E. Ryu, much easier and along with much more) and you don’t need feats to meassure E. Ryu’s power, you just gotta know the story well enough. E. Ryu is what Akuma wants Ryu to become so that he can have an opponent worthy of his true power (now, if regular Ryu can stalemate serious Akuma, why would he need Ryu to go evil? Why would Akuma want to fight somebody that bad unless he is in his same level?). His SFA3 storyline isn’t what happened, but a ‘what if’ story from Capcom. In this path E. Ryu beats Bison and Shin Akuma and becomes the new Master of the Fist (now, I know, but if Capcom puts a ‘what if’ storyline there, it only makes sense that that’s how it would have happened if Ryu used the SnH. It would be pointless including a ‘what if’ story that doesn’t describe accurately what would have happened, especially when Capcom can have your character get owned at the end despite having being played as and having won with, just like Rose or Alex)
Along with semi-teleporting and earthquakes, you forgot to include having an aura so strong that he actually distorts the light around him, and being able to receive gunshots without taking even a little bit of damage (now THAT’S tough skin lol)
I don’t make E. Ryu any more than what Capcom has represented him as, which is same as Akuma’s level. He IS supposed to be among the strongest SF characters along with Akuma.
Basically if Mai Shiranui for example, scratches someone with her nails, that makes her automatically stronger than any other fighter without feats? Feats aren’t everything and they certainly aren’t absolute.
Terry in Garou is a further trained and more experienced Terry. We were considering Fatal Fury 1 Terry here.
Now, you can name people who would beat Terry? Ok, name a SF one then, because apparently, everyone in SF are bitches compared to Terry.
quote:
don't go around calling someone else a fanboy when your name and avatar all contain Evil Ryu. heck, even your sig used to have him.

My avatar and name have any relevance? I can’t have them without being a fanboy? Lol.
And my sig? Did I even put a sig for me in this forum?
quote:
oh and ripped that pic off my site for your avatar too!

I did what?
quote:
that's what makes me don't like Ryu sometimes. the most overrated fighting game character with his "protectors".

No more overrated than someone who has people making animes where he defeats gods.
And hating something because of it’s fanbase is not very mature.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 09:48 PM
Evil Ryu is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Ryu a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Ryu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kirikaze Fuuma
Kaze no Soldier

quote:
No more overrated than someone who has people making animes where he defeats gods.
And hating something because of it’s fanbase is not very mature.

at least we admit it isn't canon. oh, and I'm not entirely don't like Ryu. you can see my video on Ryu respect thread. what makes me pissed off is... sometimes his fans overate him and underrate every other character... just like my stupid fanboy friend.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 01:59 AM
Kirikaze Fuuma is currently offline Click here to Send Kirikaze Fuuma a Private Message Find more posts by Kirikaze Fuuma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
So they were just simple fights. That makes FF storyline even less interesting.

why because it was a fight and not a one-sided shitestomp that the hero turned around with his jobber aura? laughing out loud

quote:
Regular Akuma is just that much stronger than Ryu. Remember Ryu lost to Oro without being able to stalemate him, and Oro had a Draw with Akuma. Ryu can't stalemate Akuma.

akuma and oro were just testing eachother out. it wasn't a battle to the death, nor was akuma pissedoff or something. they were testing each other which could very well mean the traded a few blows and said "meh" and went back home. the fight isn't even documented as to how it went, no mention of its length is even made, and all we know is that they both wanted to test the other out and both were disappointed.

with ryu, however, we SAW the battle. ryu was laid out (as always) and then got up and started taking it to akuma. akuma fired back big shots of his own too. say whatever you want, but that vid speaks for itself. he made akuma work post-hoganroutine.

quote:
Jin twins and Grant too.

wow, you really don't know anything do you? laughing out loud
we don't know how the jin twins thing went. ff3 wasn't a tournament so for all we know, it was the entire cast vs the jin twins. fail.
as for grant, he wasn't the main baddy but a righthandman. fail.

quote:
What I’m saying is that the plot of SF has never been as Ryu focused as FF with Terry. Like half of the cast has had their share of importance in the storyline, and many times just as much as Ryu (SFA3 is very Cammy, Guile, Charlie and Bison focused for example). It’s not about who wins or loses each tournament.

because SFA2 and SFA3 were NOT tournaments, genius laughing

quote:
You are guessing 2 and 4

one source says that Ryu was the one who discovered bison's body. bison died before the main tournament's battle, and ryu discovering him sheds some light towards Ryu being the winner since why else would he be the only one who finds bison's corpse. and with the recent upgrade of SF's trailer it showed a series of fighter eliminating each other until in the end it was bison and ryu. of course, this can't be taken literally i know. but in a tournament where speculation is the only key, then both these things have some merit. but meh....
SF4: he just creamed the freakin boss with a oneshot in the anime. what else do you need?

quote:
and 1 was retconed to be the more E. Ryu’s victory rather than Ryu’s.

same thing. they are the same person. fail.

quote:
Someone had to own Alex to give him character development.

no but it couldnt' be ken, oro, gill, dudley, urien, hugo, yun, yang, makuto, ibuki, elena, akuma, sean, q, twelve......nooooooo. it had to be ryu stealing people's thunder. just like anything where he is outshining everyone else. and terry's a b@stard for giving spotlight to Kyo, K', Ash, Alba, Rock, Alfred.
fanboys... laughing

quote:
And yes, I consider Garou actually the one FF with a decent storyline, mostly because it was the exception to the rule and this time it was about Rock.

yes because terry handing the spotlight to kyo in 1994, giving the spotlight to K' in 1999 and giving the spolight to Alfred in his own series in FFRBDM was proof that SNK is all about Terry rolling on floor laughing

quote:
Basically Sagat is a weak ***** that can’t take a punch unless he sees it coming? Does Sagat turn to glass when he let’s his guard down? You are underrating Sagat.

he didn't see it coming. getting KO'd by a move he didn't see coming is not a show of power. at least not as much as it is a cheapshot. that's the point, einstein roll eyes (sarcastic)

to be contd

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 06:58 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
If Ryu had tried doing the same without having gained a power bust from the SnH, Sagat would have recovered quickly from the attack and probably killed him.

like i said. i'm not denying the power boost. but because he didn't see it coming he was unprepared for it. it's simple english, you can understand. come on, Forest, you can do it! big grin

quote:
The cheapshotting only granted Ryu the chance to get past Sagat’s guard, but not the strength to take him down in one hit. Now, if Dan Hibiki was did what Ryu did to Sagat, against Terry, would Terry get a 1hko with the excuse of being a cheapshot

that's lame analogy. Dan is weak in all aspects. ryu on the other hand is a great fighter even without dark hadou.

quote:
A bit sensitive here, are we? Maybe I hit a nerve and something of what I said might actually be true. Lol, relax boy, by no means it was intended as a personal attack.

laughing out loud
don't worry about me. i'm telling you to calm down so that you don't get banned or get a warning like JustFlame....err....JustFrame.

quote:
First of all, you seem to think I’m a Ryu fanboy

*points at your avatar and username*
a bit distracting in my judgement of you.

quote:
The one I’m arguing for is Evil Ryu, which is a stronger version of Ryu, who does have feats (in other words, any feat from Ryu can be performed by E. Ryu, much easier and along with much more) and you don’t need feats to meassure E. Ryu’s power, you just gotta know the story well enough.

yes, Evil ryu gets a powerboost. totally agreed. but what measure of that do we have? nothing. we know he's strong but how strong?

Japanese repeatedly confuse the expression "strong" with "power". for isntance, they will say "he is really strong" to refer not to phsyical strength but overall fighting powers. thus, Evil Ryu being as "strong" as Akuma when looked at with this error in mind, shows us that they are not as "phsycially powerful" as each other but equally "skilled".

that is understandable and doesn't seem overly ridiculous. because of Ryu of SF3 is as "strong" as Evil Ryu of SF1, and evil ryu is as "strong" as SFA Akuma, then Ryu should be powerful enough to bust islands too. but isn't. we know that, because a Shin Shoryuken from Ryu didn't even put Hugo down.

now are gonna insist that Hugo has more endurance than an island? even though 10 years ago he was a generic punk who guy, cody and haggar took down easily? heck Ryu didn't even put a scar on his body. and this is SHINshoryuken...ryu's ultimate, strongest attack to-date. and this ryu is supposed to be as "strong" as Evil Ryu of SF1.

quote:
E. Ryu is what Akuma wants Ryu to become so that he can have an opponent worthy of his true power (now, if regular Ryu can stalemate serious Akuma, why would he need Ryu to go evil? Why would Akuma want to fight somebody that bad unless he is in his same level?).

because he's in a hurry wink
and seriously, evil ryu can be a good match for him despite being as "phsyically strong".

quote:
His SFA3 storyline isn’t what happened, but a ‘what if’ story from Capcom. In this path E. Ryu beats Bison and Shin Akuma and becomes the new Master of the Fist (now, I know, but if Capcom puts a ‘what if’ storyline there, it only makes sense that that’s how it would have happened if Ryu used the SnH. It would be pointless including a ‘what if’ story that doesn’t describe accurately what would have happened, especially when Capcom can have your character get owned at the end despite having being played as and having won with, just like Rose or Alex)

so are you really saying that he is as strong as akuma? despite the couldnt-put-down-hugo fact?

quote:
Along with semi-teleporting and earthquakes, you forgot to include having an aura so strong that he actually distorts the light around him, and being able to receive gunshots without taking even a little bit of damage (now THAT’S tough skin lol)

and these could explain why he's a good match for akuma. not the phsyical power but other attributes. you must remember that ryu is a *cough* "true warrior". in SF world, he's the Luke Skywalker of fighting with natural ability and power. and if he lets the dark side take him then he'll be the worst m0therf0cker of a nightmare you'd ever want to come across. that is why akuma wants ryu to turn dark hadou. its the faster way to get there as oppossed to the path that takes decades. remember that it was this impatience on akuma's part that made him turn to dark hadou in the first place.

quote:
I don’t make E. Ryu any more than what Capcom has represented him as, which is same as Akuma’s level. He IS supposed to be among the strongest SF characters along with Akuma.

without a doubt. and i'm not saying terry will beat E. ryu either because of his other attributes like speed, bulletproof skin etc. but in terms of hitting power, he needs to come up with something better besides scaring Sagat. THAT is what i'm saying.

quote:
Now, you can name people who would beat Terry? Ok, name a SF one then, because apparently, everyone in SF are bitches compared to Terry.

Definitely: akuma, gill, evil ryu, SFA3 Bison (provided Bison doesn't run away like he loves doing), Oro, gen, gouken (if he really is as powerful as akuma)

maybe: ryu, sagat, ken, urien, rose

~Sado

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 07:25 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Again we have have these a$$hole Terry bashers(not you I-drop if you are reading)

Terry DID give the spotlight to Kyo and has NEVER been heard of or talked about since.

Terry gave away his spotlight to Rock in MOTW and also it would seem RB2 was more focused on Rick Strowd and Li Xinagfei.....gee that's funny Terry did not even have a Goddam intro in that game.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 11:55 PM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

damn straight!
and phuck you for not saying hi! mad

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 08:27 AM
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

big grin

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 03:34 PM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

You guys want to see real Streetfighter fanboyism AT IT'S WORST, check this site out. They make the Terry bashers and Ryu supporters look like shirley Temple on here.

http://www.sfsforum.com/showthread.php?t=2352

The topic is Terry vs Kyo but Ryu and Ken get mentioned. One poster even said Ryu beats ALL. You can't get more OVERRATED than that. As well that poster Stadic seems like the biggest a$$hole, prick that I have ever seen.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 03:55 PM
Kirikaze Fuuma
Kaze no Soldier

quote: (post)
Originally posted by P-Geyser
You guys want to see real Streetfighter fanboyism AT IT'S WORST, check this site out. They make the Terry bashers and Ryu supporters look like shirley Temple on here.

http://www.sfsforum.com/showthread.php?t=2352

The topic is Terry vs Kyo but Ryu and Ken get mentioned. One poster even said Ryu beats ALL. You can't get more OVERRATED than that. As well that poster Stadic seems like the biggest a$$hole, prick that I have ever seen.

for them, it's because Ryu's biggest feat is because he is Ryu. laughing out loud

Last edited by Kirikaze Fuuma on Apr 3rd, 2009 at 04:09 PM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 04:07 PM
Kirikaze Fuuma is currently offline Click here to Send Kirikaze Fuuma a Private Message Find more posts by Kirikaze Fuuma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

PG and Kirikaze:
you can't refute that. ryu is ryu...that's a real feat. if he can beat someone than no one else can because he's ryu. if someone beats ryu then no one else can beat that person because ryu's ryu.

i'm surprised you two idiots still don't get it erm

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 07:24 PM
Evil Ryu

quote:
why because it was a fight and not a one-sided shitestomp that the hero turned around with his jobber aura?

Well yes, because the turn around has some story and meaning to it.

quote:
akuma and oro were just testing eachother out. it wasn't a battle to the death, nor was akuma pissedoff or something. they were testing each other which could very well mean the traded a few blows and said "meh" and went back home. the fight isn't even documented as to how it went, no mention of its length is even made, and all we know is that they both wanted to test the other out and both were disappointed.

Akuma by the time of SFIII has been represented as being very powerful in his endings, while Oro… Two handed Oro is just SFIII Ryu + 15 years of training. Regular one handed Oro would require a lot less time of training for Ryu. Everything hints Akuma is stronger than one handed Oro at this point.

quote:
with ryu, however, we SAW the battle. ryu was laid out (as always) and then got up and started taking it to akuma. akuma fired back big shots of his own too. say whatever you want, but that vid speaks for itself. he made akuma work post-hoganroutine.

It was pretty clear from the start that Akuma didn’t mean to kill Ryu. He fired several Hadoukens around him without hitting him on purpose at the start, and after trashtalking was just about to leave without doing anything to him. Then when Ryu gets up, why would he even take seriously the guy who he just had easily owned a minute ago?

quote:
wow, you really don't know anything do you?
we don't know how the jin twins thing went. ff3 wasn't a tournament so for all we know, it was the entire cast vs the jin twins. fail.
as for grant, he wasn't the main baddy but a righthandman. fail.

I thought most of the cast was busy recovering from the beating Yamazaki gave them and that Terry faced the twins while Zaki got stalemated by the Hong Kong Police guy. And Grant is still a boss, even though Kain is the secret final boss.

quote:
because SFA2 and SFA3 were NOT tournaments, genius

SFII still seems more Guile, Chun Li and Ken focused to me than Ryu.

quote:
one source says that Ryu was the one who discovered bison's body. bison died before the main tournament's battle, and ryu discovering him sheds some light towards Ryu being the winner since why else would he be the only one who finds bison's corpse. and with the recent upgrade of SF's trailer it showed a series of fighter eliminating each other until in the end it was bison and ryu. of course, this can't be taken literally i know. but in a tournament where speculation is the only key, then both these things have some merit. but meh....
SF4: he just creamed the freakin boss with a oneshot in the anime. what else do you need?

He did say it was a ‘one time’ thing. He didn’t remain with the power boost he had during the Seth fight, so there’s no reason to think he wins the tournament because of that… Although I should better shut up about SFIV since I don’t play 3d fighters.

quote:
same thing. they are the same person. fail.

It is different. It wasn’t a true victory from Ryu’s skill.

quote:
no but it couldnt' be ken, oro, gill, dudley, urien, hugo, yun, yang, makuto, ibuki, elena, akuma, sean, q, twelve......nooooooo. it had to be ryu stealing people's thunder. just like anything where he is outshining everyone else. and terry's a b@stard for giving spotlight to Kyo, K', Ash, Alba, Rock, Alfred.
fanboys...

I already said I’m not talking about kof. And Ryu’s character is the one that works the best for inspiring a character to follow the way of a Street Fighter. Urien or Twelve would have just killed him, Oro would have trained him, Gill would have let him win again and Ken would have just mocked him. The rest probably couldn’t give him such a beating.

quote:
he didn't see it coming. getting KO'd by a move he didn't see coming is not a show of power. at least not as much as it is a cheapshot. that's the point, einstein
like i said. i'm not denying the power boost. but because he didn't see it coming he was unprepared for it. it's simple english, you can understand. come on, Forest, you can do it!

Why are you having so much trouble aknowledging this feat? If it isn’t a power feat why even bother bringing it up to compare it to Terry’s scarring to show how strong Terry punches? Disagree if that’s what you want, but the simple truth is, it takes much more than the surprise element to knock out a Muay Thai champion in one hit, especially Sagat. Especially in fiction where you only get 1hko if you are greatly surpassed by the opponents power.

quote:
that's lame analogy. Dan is weak in all aspects. ryu on the other hand is a great fighter even without dark hadou.

But Sagat is much stronger than Ryu. And replace with Deejay who is a skilled kickboxer if you don’t like Dan, or any of the generic skilled Shadaloo martial artists.

quote:
don't worry about me. i'm telling you to calm down so that you don't get banned or get a warning like JustFlame....err....JustFrame.

JustFrame?

quote:
*points at your avatar and username*
a bit distracting in my judgement of you.

I have to get a Terry avatar and sig to keep arguing here, don’t I?

quote:
yes, Evil ryu gets a powerboost. totally agreed. but what measure of that do we have? nothing. we know he's strong but how strong?

Japanese repeatedly confuse the expression "strong" with "power". for isntance, they will say "he is really strong" to refer not to phsyical strength but overall fighting powers. thus, Evil Ryu being as "strong" as Akuma when looked at with this error in mind, shows us that they are not as "phsycially powerful" as each other but equally "skilled".

that is understandable and doesn't seem overly ridiculous. because of Ryu of SF3 is as "strong" as Evil Ryu of SF1, and evil ryu is as "strong" as SFA Akuma, then Ryu should be powerful enough to bust islands too. but isn't. we know that, because a Shin Shoryuken from Ryu didn't even put Hugo down.

now are gonna insist that Hugo has more endurance than an island? even though 10 years ago he was a generic punk who guy, cody and haggar took down easily? heck Ryu didn't even put a scar on his body. and this is SHINshoryuken...ryu's ultimate, strongest attack to-date. and this ryu is supposed to be as "strong" as Evil Ryu of SF1.
because he's in a hurry
and seriously, evil ryu can be a good match for him despite being as "phsyically strong".
so are you really saying that he is as strong as akuma? despite the couldnt-put-down-hugo fact?
and these could explain why he's a good match for akuma. not the phsyical power but other attributes. you must remember that ryu is a *cough* "true warrior". in SF world, he's the Luke Skywalker of fighting with natural ability and power. and if he lets the dark side take him then he'll be the worst m0therf0cker of a nightmare you'd ever want to come across. that is why akuma wants ryu to turn dark hadou. its the faster way to get there as oppossed to the path that takes decades. remember that it was this impatience on akuma's part that made him turn to dark hadou in the first place.
without a doubt. and i'm not saying terry will beat E. ryu either because of his other attributes like speed, bulletproof skin etc. but in terms of hitting power, he needs to come up with something better besides scaring Sagat. THAT is what i'm saying.

I know that strength does not equal to overall fighting ability, but Ryu isn’t an unbalanced fighter that is highly gifted and trained in many aspects but hits like a girl. Hugo in the other hand IS an unbalanced fighter that has only gained strength and endurance compared to skill, experience, speed, etc. So I would say his endurance, while not being that of an island, is probably the highest in a non boss character in SF. Him being defeated by Cody & gang back in FF only shows how strong they are and how much Hugo improved in 10 years (a long time for someone to get tough) being a generic thug doesn’t mean much, when there isn’t any reason to think the leadership in Mad Gear was assigned only based on strength, since Hugo is probably stronger than Damnd, Sodom, Eddie and maybe Rolento. Ryu couldn’t finish him with ONE Shin Shoryuken, but for all we know, he could have left him so screwed up by it, that it could only took an extra jab to bring him down.
Akuma didn’t need that much of a DBZish strength to bust that small island if you consider that he could have just punched the ground weakening it and sending enough shockwaves below… and volcanic pressure takes care of the rest (we see fire and smoke coming out of the island)
Akuma made a good judgement when he thought Ryu had to use SnH to be a match for him. It wasn’t impatience. Several years later passed until SFIII and now Ryu has become stronger, but the waiting changed nothing: Akuma is still that much stronger than Ryu, going around slicing mountains in half and owning sunken ships. Akuma was stronger than Ryu in Alpha, he was stronger than Ryu in SFIII, so why would their power levels be suddenly even by SFIV in the middle of them? The only possible explanation: Akuma was toying with Ryu in SFIV.
There is no real reason to think that when Ryu uses SnH he gets a power boost in all attributes except for strength.

Last edited by Evil Ryu on Apr 3rd, 2009 at 08:03 PM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 07:56 PM
Evil Ryu is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Ryu a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Ryu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Ryu

quote:
Definitely: akuma, gill, evil ryu, SFA3 Bison (provided Bison doesn't run away like he loves doing), Oro, gen, gouken (if he really is as powerful as akuma)

maybe: ryu, sagat, ken, urien, rose

Damn, maybe Ken? Now I think you are underrating Terry!
Now you say that E. Ryu could beat Terry, but when you say that Terry’s normals are stronger than E. Ryu’s supers you make it sound otherwise.

Damn, I’m getting tired of this longass argument. I almost didn’t feel like replying this time.

quote:
Again we have have these a$$hole Terry bashers

I'm a Terry basher just because I think E. Ryu is stronger and because I think Fatal Fury's storyline is uninteresting?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 07:57 PM
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Originally posted by Sado22
i'm surprised you two idiots still don't get it erm

Who are you calling an idiot Jackoff!

Originally posted by Evil Ryu
I'm a Terry basher just because I think E. Ryu is stronger and because I think Fatal Fury's storyline is uninteresting?

Yes. This has nothing to do with Evil Ryu being stronger, rather hearing the same tiresome B.S. on how Terry always hogs the spotlight which hasn't been the case since 94. I stated he did not even have an intro in FFRB2. Though I am sure Mr Ryu is in every intro in every SF game as well as Kyo in every KOF.

Plus I get pissed off when I hear this nonsense on "TERRY FANBOYISM" meanwhile Ryu fanboys talk about him like he is jesus christ, moses, the pope all rolled into one. If I said Terry beat's all like Ryu fans say, there will be holy hell running rampant and you know it.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 11:52 PM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Well yes, because the turn around has some story and meaning to it.

and a man beating another equally talented warrior through sheer will power and sportsman spirit is crap story. but a man beating another man he really shouldn't even be beating with a single move right after getting singlehandedly shitestomped is good story telling. meaning? lolwhat? what meaning? cheapshotting sagat has meaning? PIshotting Bison has meaning? doing godly power move bs to Seth has meaning?
now you're reaching....no expression

quote:
Akuma by the time of SFIII has been represented as being very powerful in his endings, while Oro… Two handed Oro is just SFIII Ryu + 15 years of training. Regular one handed Oro would require a lot less time of training for Ryu. Everything hints Akuma is stronger than one handed Oro at this point.

everything points at akuma being stronger than Gen too. but Gen is his equal and Tiamat even suggests that he probably beat him in SFA3. fail.

quote:
It was pretty clear from the start that Akuma didn’t mean to kill Ryu. He fired several Hadoukens around him without hitting him on purpose at the start, and after trashtalking was just about to leave without doing anything to him. Then when Ryu gets up, why would he even take seriously the guy who he just had easily owned a minute ago?

he was't going to leave him. what gave you that idea.
akuma: ryu, you're not showing me your true power. get it out now or i'll never, ever, ever speak to you again! *runs up to his bedroom like kids from Full house*

quote:
I thought most of the cast was busy recovering from the beating Yamazaki gave them and that Terry faced the twins while Zaki got stalemated by the Hong Kong Police guy. And Grant is still a boss, even though Kain is the secret final boss

that's klantis and his bullshite. it is what he thinks happens. Zaki can't be stalemated by Hon Fu. the guy's a joke character. as for Grant, Kain is THE BOSS. fact. Grant is a subboss, righthandman, lackey. fail.

quote:
SFII still seems more Guile, Chun Li and Ken focused to me than Ryu.

and yet, ryu still gets to headlight it, shows his face in almost all posters, and most likely won the damn thing too given that he's the one who found bison's corpse and not someone else.

quote:
He did say it was a ‘one time’ thing. He didn’t remain with the power boost he had during the Seth fight, so there’s no reason to think he wins the tournament because of that… Although I should better shut up about SFIV since I don’t play 3d fighters.

probably. but remember that he was dishing out a similar purple colored hadouken against gouki too.

quote:
It is different. It wasn’t a true victory from Ryu’s skill.

........no expression

quote:
And Ryu’s character is the one that works the best for inspiring a character to follow the way of a Street Fighter. Urien or Twelve would have just killed him, Oro would have trained him, Gill would have let him win again and Ken would have just mocked him. The rest probably couldn’t give him such a beating.

that's weak man. so what makes you think terry shouldn't be the one to beat down rock? why shouldn't he even though his story and everything about his life has been more impressive than Ryu "the eunuch" hoshi?

quote:
But Sagat is much stronger than Ryu.

he probably beat him in SF2 though.

quote:
I have to get a Terry avatar and sig to keep arguing here, don’t I?

no, but having all three of the character you're supporting kinda works against you.

to be continued....

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 08:04 PM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
i know that strength does not equal to overall fighting ability, but Ryu isn’t an unbalanced fighter that is highly gifted and trained in many aspects but hits like a girl. Hugo in the other hand IS an unbalanced fighter that has only gained strength and endurance compared to skill, experience, speed, etc. So I would say his endurance, while not being that of an island, is probably the highest in a non boss character in SF.

not an island leveler endurance so ryu, if he really is as physicaly powerful as sf1 evil ryu, shouldn't crushed have wtfpwned him. but he didn't. he--and i repeat--did not even manage to SCAR hugo. so please, spare me the evil ryu is godly power incarnate because he isn't.

quote:
Him being defeated by Cody & gang back in FF only shows how strong they are and how much Hugo improved in 10 years (a long time for someone to get tough)

Cody>Ryu.
Cody: beats down hugo with bare hands
Ryu: couldn't do it with shin-real-deal-realfckingdeal-genuine-hardcore-ultra-super-duper-most-uber-godly-f0cking-shit-all-fock-all-mother-of-all-shoryukens-shoryuken

quote:
Ryu couldn’t finish him with ONE Shin Shoryuken, but for all we know, he could have left him so screwed up by it, that it could only took an extra jab to bring him down.

there is no proof saying that ryu even won. all it said is that they fought and that hugo took the -real-deal-realfckingdeal-genuine-hardcore-ultra-super-duper-most-uber-godly-f0cking-shit-all-fock-all-mother-of-all-shoryukens-shoryuken and wasn't floored with it. for all we know, he got up and sat and ryu till he tapped out.

quote:
Akuma didn’t need that much of a DBZish strength to bust that small island if you consider that he could have just punched the ground weakening it and sending enough shockwaves below… and volcanic pressure takes care of the rest (we see fire and smoke coming out of the island)

probably.

quote:
Akuma made a good judgement when he thought Ryu had to use SnH to be a match for him. It wasn’t impatience. Several years later passed until SFIII and now Ryu has become stronger, but the waiting changed nothing: Akuma is still that much stronger than Ryu, going around slicing mountains in half and owning sunken ships. Akuma was stronger than Ryu in Alpha, he was stronger than Ryu in SFIII, so why would their power levels be suddenly even by SFIV in the middle of them? The only possible explanation: Akuma was toying with Ryu in SFIV.

or ryu's oh-wait-look-at-this-godly-pis-aura-i-just-generated special hadouken could also be the answer, don't you think? like i told you before, just because someone is not as powerful as the other it doesn't mean they can't defeat the other person (at least in fiction). gen practically has no feats but he defeated gouki. same applies to goupachi...er...gouken he also defeated gouki despite having no feats. so ryu may not surpass akuma in physical power but as the SF4 vid shows, he can make him run for his money interms of overall fighting skill.

quote:
Damn, maybe Ken? Now I think you are underrating Terry!
Now you say that E. Ryu could beat Terry, but when you say that Terry’s normals are stronger than E. Ryu’s supers you make it sound otherwise.

look back to what i said: my point is that e.ryu has no feats. not in terms of physical strikes. i was using terry only as an example of people who aren't supposed to be as powerful but have done better. from the looks of it, terry holds back a lot during regular matches because agasint geese it was a death-match and he was going all out. in regular KoF's hes just trying to have a good time.
also you forget that hitting power, as i've said before, isn't the decisive element in a fight. maybe terry does really hit harder than evil ryu (there is no law that says that nonsf guys can't be stronger than SF guys you know) but because of ryu bulletproof skin etc, he's still going to lose. is that so hard to understand?

quote:
Damn, I’m getting tired of this longass argument. I almost didn’t feel like replying this time.

i'm with you on this one stick out tongue

~Sado

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 08:16 PM
Evil Ryu

quote:
and a man beating another equally talented warrior through sheer will power and sportsman spirit is crap story. but a man beating another man he really shouldn't even be beating with a single move right after getting singlehandedly shitestomped is good story telling. meaning? lolwhat? what meaning? cheapshotting sagat has meaning? PIshotting Bison has meaning? doing godly power move bs to Seth has meaning?

Read the dialogues man, pay attention at the things that happen and what the characters say. And if you can’t see anything there it’s just you.
quote:
everything points at akuma being stronger than Gen too. but Gen is his equal and Tiamat even suggests that he probably beat him in SFA3. fail.

When did say Akuma was stronger than Gen back in Alpha? I was talking about Oro. You can’t really compare the rivalry Akuma had with Gen with the one he has with Oro since there is nothing to meassure Gen’s power because all his storyline is about his deathmatch with Akuma, while Oro is stated by himself to be needing to use both arms against Ryu after some years of training.
quote:
he was't going to leave him. what gave you that idea

The fact that he was walking away from Ryu until he got up.
quote:
akuma: ryu, you're not showing me your true power. get it out now or i'll never, ever, ever speak to you again! *runs up to his bedroom like kids from Full house*

Lol.
quote:
that's klantis and his bullshite. it is what he thinks happens. Zaki can't be stalemated by Hon Fu. the guy's a joke character. as for Grant, Kain is THE BOSS. fact. Grant is a subboss, righthandman, lackey. fail.

Ok then, name me a better source if you don’t like it, I won’t spend ages searching through the internet for more accurate sources. However, remember how a character’s personality may be comic relief, but that doesn’t necessarily mean his fighting ability is a joke (Joe Higashi or Sodom for example)
Grant is the final boss if you don’t meet the requirements for Kain. Just like Bison is in SFII when you don’t get to Akuma. Hell, Balrog, Vega and Sagat are bosses too despite not being ‘final’ bosses. Subboss, boss… meh.
quote:
and yet, ryu still gets to headlight it, shows his face in almost all posters, and most likely won the damn thing too given that he's the one who found bison's corpse and not someone else.

Nothing but media advertising and your guess. I’m talking about storyline.
quote:
probably. but remember that he was dishing out a similar purple colored hadouken against gouki too.

quote:
that's weak man. so what makes you think terry shouldn't be the one to beat down rock? why shouldn't he even though his story and everything about his life has been more impressive than Ryu "the eunuch" hoshi?

Rock =/= Alex. Alex… well, to be honest I think he was a Guile rip off in SI, and when his Guile storyline ended after beating Gill, Capcom didn’t know what to do with him so they decided to make him a Ryu rip off. That’s why Ryu beats him, so that he becomes another world warrior.
Rock’s story is not about being like Terry, it’s about him dealing with his roots, and Terry beating him would not contribute to that.
quote:
he probably beat him in SF2 though.

Well, I think Sagat is the superior fighter, but I won’t discuss this.
quote:
not an island leveler endurance so ryu, if he really is as physicaly powerful as sf1 evil ryu, shouldn't crushed have wtfpwned him. but he didn't. he--and i repeat--did not even manage to SCAR hugo. so please, spare me the evil ryu is godly power incarnate because he isn't.
Cody>Ryu.
Cody: beats down hugo with bare hands
Ryu: couldn't do it with shin-real-deal-realfckingdeal-genuine-hardcore-ultra-super-duper-most-uber-godly-f0cking-shit-all-fock-all-mother-of-all-shoryukens-shoryuken
there is no proof saying that ryu even won. all it said is that they fought and that hugo took the -real-deal-realfckingdeal-genuine-hardcore-ultra-super-duper-most-uber-godly-f0cking-shit-all-fock-all-mother-of-all-shoryukens-shoryuken and wasn't floored with it. for all we know, he got up and sat and ryu till he tapped out.

Hugo has a high endurance, please understand that. One would have to be quite dense in order not to understand this is the point Capcom was trying to get across with the Shin Shoryuken survival statement, and not making Ryu look weaker (why would they try to make one of their most popular characters weaker?)
Knocking out a fighter with one attack isn’t easy even for the most powerful fighters against fighters with medium tier endurance in SF. Again, I’m not discussing if Cody is stronger than Ryu, but I seriously doubt he took him down in one hit. Besides, Cody uses knives which should make the job easier.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 05:41 PM
Evil Ryu

quote:
or ryu's oh-wait-look-at-this-godly-pis-aura-i-just-generated special hadouken could also be the answer, don't you think? like i told you before, just because someone is not as powerful as the other it doesn't mean they can't defeat the other person (at least in fiction). gen practically has no feats but he defeated gouki. same applies to goupachi...er...gouken he also defeated gouki despite having no feats. so ryu may not surpass akuma in physical power but as the SF4 vid shows, he can make him run for his money interms of overall fighting skill.

The first part of the video seems more like Ryu being emo and weak, just like he was back when he fought Ken in SFA2, and recovering his full power when he got his motivation to fight back after remembering how much of a dick Akuma is, rather than Ryu becoming stronger than he already was.
Akuma has been practicing Ansatsuken for a longer amount of time, has more experience AND he is using the true form of Ansatsuken while Ryu uses the toned down version. Akuma should have more skill as well.
quote:
look back to what i said: my point is that e.ryu has no feats. not in terms of physical strikes. i was using terry only as an example of people who aren't supposed to be as powerful but have done better. from the looks of it, terry holds back a lot during regular matches because agasint geese it was a death-match and he was going all out. in regular KoF's hes just trying to have a good time.
also you forget that hitting power, as i've said before, isn't the decisive element in a fight. maybe terry does really hit harder than evil ryu (there is no law that says that nonsf guys can't be stronger than SF guys you know) but because of ryu bulletproof skin etc, he's still going to lose. is that so hard to understand?

And Terry becomes ubber powerful just because of the kind of fight he is having? Look, I agree that strength and striking power isn’t all and there are many other things that count, but when Evil Ryu is up against someone with a strength like Akuma’s, he wouldn’t stand a chance hitting like a girl and only relying with his other attributes, so he would need a strength that at least comes a bit close to Akuma’s to be able to fight him evenly.
Again, Ryu is a balanced fighter in all of his attributes, his strength isn’t his weak point. If he gets high speed and endurance from the SnH, there is no reason to think he doesn’t get anything in matters of strength.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 05:43 PM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

sorry the late reply. hope to disappoint you, but i just dont have the stamina for this shite now. how about we just agree to disagree and maybe argue about it some other time in the future. right now, i just can't be bothered.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 02:13 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

Someone had to own Alex to give him character development.
I've told Sado this many times & I honestly think he knows it but pretends not to so he can say something else bad about Ryu. Ryu motivated Alex w/that asswhooping. SF ain't a "hero/Terry never loses" fest like FF was. I wish Sado'd drop this one already.
And yes, I consider Garou actually the one FF with a decent storyline, mostly because it was the exception to the rule and this time it was about Rock.
Ditto
Originally posted by P-Geyser
Again we have have these a$$hole Terry bashers(not you I-drop if you are reading)
laughing out loud Even so, bashing Terry doesn't make someone an @sshole. Not that serious bloodbro. Is Sado an @sshole for bashing Ryu?

Last edited by I-Drop on Apr 18th, 2009 at 05:47 PM

Old Post Apr 18th, 2009 05:42 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Originally posted by I-Drop
Even so, bashing Terry doesn't make someone an @sshole. Not that serious bloodbro. Is Sado an @sshole for bashing Ryu?

Sado is always an @sshole... laughing out loud Kidding aside, Terry may have not lost as you say, but he did not win against some Kats in FF. As for Ryu? ,dude look how many people bash Terry. I stated that because it pisses me off since Sado is the ONLY ONE GUY to talk against Ryu. Then all hell seems to break loose.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2009 07:30 PM