KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Assassin's Creed III

Assassin's Creed III
Started by: Peach

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2012/...-first-details/

Leaked info.

Feeling a bit better about it; takes place over a span of 20 years so there's plenty of time in-game to build up a story that makes you actually care.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 05:57 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Awesome. I wonder what the new Assasin's personality might be?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 06:30 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Damn it... looks like Ubisoft might get my money again. I've been incredibly disappointed with every single Assassins Creed game but it looks like I'm going to give them one more shot to wow me. I'm a huge fan of history and historical fiction, and I think the American Revolution is a fascinating period that I haven't seen explored much in historical fiction, I just hope they can execute this better than before. How about some cool and compelling villains this time Ubi? Everyone knows a hero is only as good as their enemies, and so far they've all been lame.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 06:36 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I hope they make the founding fathers have slaves, which would be historically accurate for some of them, and this Connor frees them.

Final boss: Benjamin Franklin with a pocket-sized Tesla Coil. Messing with history is awesome!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 06:36 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

(please log in to view the image)

this should despell rumors of the Assassin being pro America.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 07:52 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

That looks like Washington.(I think) If it is, then he's not killing him. Because they said Conner and George's relationship is one of the main things of the game.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 08:12 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Phanteros

Yeah, no, they specifically say he's fighting for the American side of the conflict.

I wanted him to be between the sides, like Altair was in AC1, but there you go.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 08:23 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Phanteros

He shouldn't really be on the side of America per se, not unless there weren't any Templars affiliated with the Americans, which I find lulzy. That said, according to this, he does have major ties to America.

Also, for a moment, I thought that that was Napoleon Bonaparte. Must be the hand.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 08:31 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Well the Templars have ties with every race and even most affiliations.

Al-Mualim himself, the head of the Assassin Order was a Templar.

And since he's taken the name Conner, he's one of those natives that wants to be accepted by America.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 09:13 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Washington was a Freemason, which in the AC universe is connected to the Templars. So there is some chance of him and, obviously, other Americans, being connected to the Templars in some way.

And it's not like no other Americans have been notable Templars. Edison and Ford were both noted as Templars back in AC2.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Last edited by General Kaliero on Mar 2nd, 2012 at 09:31 PM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 09:29 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Yeah, Edison ruined Tesla.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 09:35 PM
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Conner? Why name the Assasin after hounds? I thought they had a Eagle theme going on. He should be name Antin or something like that.

Last edited by Phanteros on Mar 2nd, 2012 at 09:51 PM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 09:49 PM
KingD19

That's his chosen American name. His native name may very well mean Eagle or something.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 09:52 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

If you click the above link it says his real name is Ratohnhaké:ton. I think the : is a typo though, hehe.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 10:03 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Another site says the colon is included. -shrugs-

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 10:09 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Wierd name.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 10:14 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

I googled the name to know what it means but I can't find anything. I guess they ditched the Eagle theme.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 10:20 PM
Peach
mordrem

Well, it's not like Desmond's name has anything to do with eagles/hawks/birds of prey...

Also Desmond and Connor are both names of Irish origin.

Last edited by Peach on Mar 2nd, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 11:07 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Connor's name traditionally means "Lover of Wolves," or "Wolf Kin," so if he's taken it by choice it might carry some personal significance for him on his Native American side.

No idea what his Mohawk name means, though.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 11:12 PM
Peach
mordrem

There's also the point that it says that Connor is going to be more of a predator in how he fights; Ezio and Altair's methods reflected the fact that both were named for birds of prey - they both mainly stuck with fast hit-and-run tactics - get in fast, strike hard, get away.

Whereas Connor's name reflects that he is not that sort. What we've seen and been told shows that he's more of a hunter that'll actively and hunt down his prey...more like a wolf would.

It's less that there's a theme to their names, and more that their names reflect their styles.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 11:16 PM