KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Multi-Author Fiction Area » Interview with the Vampire: Carry On - Discussion Thread

Interview with the Vampire: Carry On - Discussion Thread
Started by: BOPRecruit 16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

quote:
Originally posted by RagingSilent
really?..happy....thanks a bunch for that Boppysmile.......embarrasmentembarrasment...that's nice of you to say.....

Boppy, you're a great writer, no matter what genre its about!

lol....*won't worry head off*...

hey, thas coolsmile.....and now that you explain your reasons behind the title "crimson rose" i completely agree with that as our choice for a title....it fits so well.....especially because you explain, in full, the representation of their relationship as a rose, and the 'crimson' bit, referring to vampires....

the 'weather' idea is fantastic!....how the weather will match the moods of the characters....tiz a schweet schweet idea....one i will have to keep in mind for my next story bit, i'll also have to keep in mind the rose bit too..excellent ideas!!...

I'm so glad you explained that to me!..no more confusion...lol...now I won't have any trouble writing my bits.....i understand cassandras background now, and the reason behind her unique hair and as such....

thanks for your help Boppy!...much appreciated....

as for certain parts/events in the plot that i'm unsure on, you can always help by filling in those unknown. help me brainstorm there. to add some filler into the unknown areas. want to make good, deep, will developed and rounded characters and story! glad to be of help too, jenni happy

sorry that i haven't done by new story bit yet. when i did that long commentary for you, didn't have much time to stay online after that. also, i won't be here sometime friday and won't be back until sunday or something. a trip to palo alto. girl scout business. i'll try to come up with my story bit soon, when i can. if not, i'll let you do one instead of me.

btw, is it okay if i'm in charge of posting the new story bits in the story thread? cause, i have a system and format that i like to go by when i post stories and all. yah dig?

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Oct 1st, 2004 02:10 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Roulette
Freak

quote:
Originally posted by BOPRecruit 16
no no no! eek! ack! don't take me seriously on that one! gah! imagine if that were our theme song! laughing hmm...cool idea though. try to think of one. just as a fundamental thing to think about. but not add to the story. i'll try to think of some themes, for fun. savvy?

*sorry that i had to delete some of your smilies. darn kmc policies limit amount of smilies in post.*

yes...we just need a song with the right lyrics....theres heaps of choices...so, we'll find one...

no, no...that's oksmile

Madness, as you know, is like gravity...all it takes is a little push.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2004 08:40 AM
Roulette is currently offline Click here to Send Roulette a Private Message Find more posts by Roulette Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Roulette
Freak

quote:
as for certain parts/events in the plot that i'm unsure on, you can always help by filling in those unknown. help me brainstorm there. to add some filler into the unknown areas. want to make good, deep, will developed and rounded characters and story! glad to be of help too, jenni happy

sorry that i haven't done by new story bit yet. when i did that long commentary for you, didn't have much time to stay online after that. also, i won't be here sometime friday and won't be back until sunday or something. a trip to palo alto. girl scout business. i'll try to come up with my story bit soon, when i can. if not, i'll let you do one instead of me.

btw, is it okay if i'm in charge of posting the new story bits in the story thread? cause, i have a system and format that i like to go by when i post stories and all. yah dig?

yes i can definitely do that...

when i write my next part, i'll start thinking of ideas for the story....

smile...

no, it's ok, i understandyes.....you are busy with school work and as such....

yes that's cool.......and i think i would probably screw it upmessed...so it is best that you do itsmile

Old Post Oct 1st, 2004 08:46 AM
Roulette is currently offline Click here to Send Roulette a Private Message Find more posts by Roulette Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Roulette
Freak

Boppy, I’ve had a sudden “brain boost”...and come up with a few ideas for the story in which will give extra ‘filling’ to it…sorta speak….big grin

Story ideas –

A new character: a friend for Louis? Perhaps one whom begins talking to him (louis) one night, (at the tavern?) and from then on, this friend becomes closer to louis, and is considered Louis’s (best?) friend. I would suggest a male for this role, as Cassandra already has the lead female role. He could be younger, only by a few years, and perhaps he could look up to Louis.
I do have an idea on how this friend of louis’s could begin the conversation when he first meets louis….
Perhaps, Louis could be seated at a barstool, and this ‘friend’ sits next to him to get a drink. The friend notices that louis is ‘new’ to new orleans, as he has never seen him before. He could turn to louis and sort of stare at him, noticing his unique, bright green eyes. Then louis would notice him staring, and turn to him and eye him curiously, so the friend would just smile and say hello, and begin to make conversation….to which louis hardly replies to….(after all, he does want to be alone with his pain)
But, after a lil while, louis opens up to the friends’ conversation….I haven’t thought of how yet….but, perhaps because he (the friend) is somehow connected with cassandra and mentions her name to louis, or, he has seen her around before and comments on her beauty or something…..and of course, this will attract louis’s attention, and therefore, that will spark his interest to talk to the friend.

Also, as for p.o.v’s…perhaps we can switch between the friend and louis…..that’s only an idea, it doesn’t have to be that way….I was just thinking so, because of the bit when the friend stares at louis. In that scene, it would be good to have it on the friends p.o.v, so he can fully describe louis….then, we can switch back to louis, because he suddenly notices this stranger staring at him, and only louis himself can describe this stranger and how he feels about him (the friend) staring at him.

Also, I’ve been thinking about how Louis could ‘feed’…..whom he could prey on…..perhaps, just sometimes, he could catch a person down an alleyway, and feed on them. This was sort of told in the movie of I.W.T.V, when at the start, louis was being interviewed by Malloy, whom asked louis if he was going to kill him and drink his blood when he saw him in the alleyway, to which louis replied ‘yes.’….all of this feeding ‘stuff’ could give some filling to the story...

Woh…I kinda got carried away with this…lol…whoops……but, if you have any ideas for the story, or any
criticism torwards my ideas, I would gladly accept themsmile

btw: if you are happy with my idea of Louis’s friend, tell me so, and I will start with a brief description of him….name, eye color, hair color..etc….if not, then the friend idea can easily be forgottensmile

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2004 08:25 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

quote:
Boppy, I’ve had a sudden “brain boost”...and come up with a few ideas for the story in which will give extra ‘filling’ to it…sorta speak….big grin

Story ideas –

A new character: a friend for Louis? Perhaps one whom begins talking to him (louis) one night, (at the tavern?) and from then on, this friend becomes closer to louis, and is considered Louis’s (best?) friend. I would suggest a male for this role, as Cassandra already has the lead female role. He could be younger, only by a few years, and perhaps he could look up to Louis.
I do have an idea on how this friend of louis’s could begin the conversation when he first meets louis….
Perhaps, Louis could be seated at a barstool, and this ‘friend’ sits next to him to get a drink. The friend notices that louis is ‘new’ to new orleans, as he has never seen him before. He could turn to louis and sort of stare at him, noticing his unique, bright green eyes. Then louis would notice him staring, and turn to him and eye him curiously, so the friend would just smile and say hello, and begin to make conversation….to which louis hardly replies to….(after all, he does want to be alone with his pain)
But, after a lil while, louis opens up to the friends’ conversation….I haven’t thought of how yet….but, perhaps because he (the friend) is somehow connected with cassandra and mentions her name to louis, or, he has seen her around before and comments on her beauty or something…..and of course, this will attract louis’s attention, and therefore, that will spark his interest to talk to the friend.

Also, as for p.o.v’s…perhaps we can switch between the friend and louis…..that’s only an idea, it doesn’t have to be that way….I was just thinking so, because of the bit when the friend stares at louis. In that scene, it would be good to have it on the friends p.o.v, so he can fully describe louis….then, we can switch back to louis, because he suddenly notices this stranger staring at him, and only louis himself can describe this stranger and how he feels about him (the friend) staring at him.

Also, I’ve been thinking about how Louis could ‘feed’…..whom he could prey on…..perhaps, just sometimes, he could catch a person down an alleyway, and feed on them. This was sort of told in the movie of I.W.T.V, when at the start, louis was being interviewed by Malloy, whom asked louis if he was going to kill him and drink his blood when he saw him in the alleyway, to which louis replied ‘yes.’….all of this feeding ‘stuff’ could give some filling to the story...

Woh…I kinda got carried away with this…lol…whoops……but, if you have any ideas for the story, or any
criticism torwards my ideas, I would gladly accept themsmile

btw: if you are happy with my idea of Louis’s friend, tell me so, and I will start with a brief description of him….name, eye color, hair color..etc….if not, then the friend idea can easily be forgottensmile

I would prefer for the both of us to focus on Louis' POV, because for some reason it can sound better that way and I'm uneasy with the idea of switching the pov's around. Anyways, I do like your idea of Louis having a companion, but I don't really want him to appear all that weak. Yes, it would be more interesting if he had some relation to Cassandra. For example, he could be her older brother that's always around to support her emotionally when he's not working or a neighbor or something like that. Maybe, he can be a vampire or some meta-human like Cassandra, but different powers. I'm not quite sure yet. What do you think?

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 11:46 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Roulette
Freak

quote:
I would prefer for the both of us to focus on Louis' POV, because for some reason it can sound better that way and I'm uneasy with the idea of switching the pov's around. Anyways, I do like your idea of Louis having a companion, but I don't really want him to appear all that weak. Yes, it would be more interesting if he had some relation to Cassandra. For example, he could be her older brother that's always around to support her emotionally when he's not working or a neighbor or something like that. Maybe, he can be a vampire or some meta-human like Cassandra, but different powers. I'm not quite sure yet. What do you think?

yes understood and accepted....

cool....and thankusmile..yes...good idea u give....
powers?...hmmm......that could worksmile....only, i reckon they should be less lethal than cassies....older bro sounds goodyes.....

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 11:53 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

quote:
yes understood and accepted....

cool....and thankusmile..yes...good idea u give....
powers?...hmmm......that could worksmile....only, i reckon they should be less lethal than cassies....older bro sounds goodyes.....

Yeah, the older brother is concerned for, considering her powers and how she's slowly becoming depressed because of them. He's gone for most of the day and/or night, and would like someone to be around for her when he's not. Stuff like that. He wants his sister to be happy and Louis just might be the answer, he finds out later and all. *Wink wink* laughing Anyways, do you have any input into the brother's statis before I create them?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 11:57 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

Cassandra's Older Brother

Name: Dorian Black
Hometown: New Orleans, Louisiana
Personality: hard working, supportive, leader (I guess...)
Eyes: Silver with fleaks of blue
Hair: shoulder length black hair, unruly bangs in face
Clothes: french suits for sp. occassions, casuals for home
Relations: Cassandra and their rest of their family back on their prop.
Powers: telekinetic (like X2's Jean Grey)
Power Tools: (none for now)
Quick Background: (unknown for now, just remember what i told you)

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 12:27 PM
Roulette
Freak

I like the description......
so, how bout my idea on how he will meet louis?.....
how does it sound?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 12:40 PM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

As for how Dorian will meet Louis...over all, your idea sounds good. Is it okay if I finely tune it like...Dorian is getting off a hard day's work and goes to chill at the bar? He relaxes and worries about his sister at home. That sort of thing. He'll strike conversation with Louis, like you said, but he'll also voice his worries about her. Catching the vampire's interest. Since Louis' has sharp senses, we can probably have him able to tell that the two siblings look alike in some way, as in the eyes and hair a tad. Maybe, even smell similar, very minor detail. You know what I mean? Not purfume way...

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 12:45 PM
Roulette
Freak

laughing out loud...understood......

*smacks head*...i forgot...it is ur turn to writemessed.....i was gettin confused and thinkin i was gun write the next bitmessed..anywho, u can carry on with ur bit as soon as u want tosmile...

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 12:47 PM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

First, I've got to think of something to write next for I have no freakin' clue right now and I don't want Louis to meet Dorian this soon in the game. Two, I need to get going soon, bed time and all. Sorry about that. I just had enough time to talk to you, catch up, and talk the plot. I'll try to work on my story bit later today and all. That cool with you?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 12:49 PM
Roulette
Freak

ok, thas coolsmile...

no, no...its oksmile...ive been caught up with school.....so it wil give me more time to finish my work....

tiz cool with mehappy...

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 12:53 PM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

I would've been online sooner and able to work on my new story bit if my computer hadn't been screwed over royally from this retarded music site with music codes. miffed:

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 12:55 PM
Roulette
Freak

lol..s'ok..i can relatemessed....stupid program caused my comp to be screwed for an hrmessed.....msn wasnt workingsad...

eek!..have u heard seethers song 'fine again'?..schweet song...*drools*

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 01:01 PM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

taught me to never trust programs that ask you to download stuff in order to view their material! mad man, i couldn't believe how much they mess up your comp.! miffed:

might've...but the station doesn't always mention the artist and song title...hate it when they do that. recently, i finally found out the name and artist of this song i really liked but the station always failed to say who it was for the longest time. i love stone temple pilot's "plush". have you heard it before?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2004 08:22 PM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

Warning NEW STORY BIT

quote:
next bit of story:

I sighed lightly, in relief that I would not be bothered by anyone. There was a comfort in that thought, as I felt that at this time in my endless life, I did want to be alone. Alone with my pain. I tapped my glass twice on the counter to signal to the bar keeper that I desired another drink. He slowly made his way to me, a false smile planted on his face as he asked me, “The same?” I nodded my head in reply. I watched him in the distance, pouring my drink carefully, the sweet liquor seeming tempting from the time I had to wait. He came back with my drink, placing it on the counter. I paid him as he slid the glass infront of me, a bitter look on his face as he grimly made his way to another demanding customer. I stared at the glass before me, then lifted it to my mouth to consume completely. I closed my eyes and placed my head on the counter, a familiar voice echoing through my mind. Two luminous sapphire eyes sparkled in my memory. ‘Such a beautiful face,’ I thought to myself. I instantly opened my eyes, blinking repeatedly as though I had awoken from a dream.

‘Just another face, another soul to forget.’ I sighed heavily at that thought, gradually getting up and shaking away the memory of the unknown woman. I looked at my surroundings. So many cheerful people, enjoying this moment of their lives when they can be one more face in a crowd of happiness. I grew somewhat envious at this sight, a harsh frown making its way to my face. I yearned for bliss, the bliss that these mortals were all too familiar with. I roughly pushed my way through the crowd, eager to escape these people that seemed to be taunting me. I reached the doorway, swiftly making my way through the cold night I knew all too well.

The celebration of this particular night was still flourishing in all of its harmonious wonder, as to what was so special about this evening, I had not a clue nor cared. As I made my way past zealous partygoers and the harsh bright lights shining down from the building's decorations, brought me to the realization that my hometown has evolved greatly since I had left its great shores of prosper. There were holidays celebrated and alterations in sense of fashion amongst the locals, that seemed pecular to me. I did recognize the gold trimmings on decorative, refined, french imported suits that I had once worn to a dinner party with Lestat. No matter, I would absorb the change in culture all in due time.

Familair, ancient, architecture and stone streets past my line of vision until I could see the way out of this depressingly chippper place and into the darkness beyond. Walking along a well troden dirt path that lead me towards massive fields of tall wheat and crop that was the country side of New Orleans. I could smell the sweetness of blooming flowers in the nearby gardens and the blossoms of new born fruit, preparing themselves to be harvested for the coming spring. Oh, how I missed the smell and atmosphere that the plantations brought out in my lifeless soul. I could not quite place my finger on what was so mystical about this place, from an immortal's perspective like mine, except that I felt free and my worries were put to rest for the moment.

The further I went, the more determined my pace became into reaching my unknown desitnation a few miles beyond the swamp to the left. A prickling sensation of fear, sprang up in the forefront of mind, trying to tell me something about that all too familair bog. But, I ignored it for I did not want it too mar this joyous serenity of temporary peace. Leaving the vapers of mist and the echoeing calls from the creatures of the night behind me, I spotted a barren field coming into my view. For miles around that field, there were many narled trees, branches weighed down my clumps of moss, patches of flowers and unkept grass, covering the premisce that was once known as Pointe du Lac.

Author's Commentary

There's new story bit at long last, sorry for the wait, Jenni! I hope it sounds okay and meshes, flows with the rest of the story. In this section of the story, I wanted Louis to walk past the old apartment that he used to share with Lestat and Claudia, but I forgot to add that in. But, I guess that's okay, he'll remember or see it later in the story. Minor detail though, doesn't need to be mentioned, really. Anyways, I wanted Louis to walk his way out of the busy city and into the country side, leading him to his old home of his mortal years, Pointe du Lac. I left off where I did, so that you can put your input on the place to for your story bit. Describe the place, have many memories wash over Louis as he examines the place, walking aimlessly about the old property and all. As to what happens next, I'm not quite sure. What I mean is that how and what do we want to happen between the time of this event and then transititioning it to the event where he finds a place to stay and sleep. Then, the next night or so, a bit of time passing, he gets to explore more of his hometown and later meeting the Black family, first Dorian and then Cassandra herself. How's that? Are we cool on that, Jenni?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 12:02 AM
Roulette
Freak

quote:
taught me to never trust programs that ask you to download stuff in order to view their material! mad man, i couldn't believe how much they mess up your comp.! miffed:

might've...but the station doesn't always mention the artist and song title...hate it when they do that. recently, i finally found out the name and artist of this song i really liked but the station always failed to say who it was for the longest time. i love stone temple pilot's "plush". have you heard it before?

lol...relax my friend..*pats your shoulder*...

I know!! same happens here.....reeeeeeeeeally annoying....especially if u want the song....

no nup..havent heard that one...

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 08:22 AM
Roulette
Freak

reply to authors commentary:....

nah, nah..it's ok Boppysmile....I understand that you've had alot of work...

thanks for the ideas....smile.....I'll get started on my bit as soon as I can....
I'm not too sure what to type nextmessedeheh....perhaps...it is too early for him to meet Dorian?....maybe I'll write something else....

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 08:32 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

Warning PROBLEM!

quote:
reply to authors commentary:....

nah, nah..it's ok Boppysmile....I understand that you've had alot of work...

thanks for the ideas....smile.....I'll get started on my bit as soon as I can....
I'm not too sure what to type nextmessedeheh....perhaps...it is too early for him to meet Dorian?....maybe I'll write something else....

i'm so glad that you haven't already started on and posted your story bit for i wasn't completely satisfied with how my new story bit came out. it doesn't seem to mesh all that well and there were certain things i left out.

also, a major thing or two that we left out and i can't believe i didn't realize this until a few days ago, we forgot to mention that louis might have luggage once he got off the ship from his travels and also the whereabouts of his coffin! >,< since we left that detail out by accident, how should we have louis stumble upon a place to stay in the morning and all? i do have a few ideas for where. we could just have him rent a nice apartment somewhere in new orleans. if he can't get a coffin, let's just say the room includes a four poster bed with heavy, velvet curtains. that way, it won't allow any sunlight in and he can always keep them drawn together. plus, have no one disturb him in his apartment. hmm...what do you think? don't just agree right away for i would like to hear your input. get some options on this dilemma of ours!

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 08:17 AM