KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wolverine vs Luke Cage

Wolverine vs Luke Cage
Started by: JWangSDC

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dum Dum Dugan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Luke Cage was indeed poisoned:

(please log in to view the image)

wow your right, I dont know how I missed that.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2010 01:51 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

^ A non-fight basically.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2010 01:51 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

^ A non-fight basically.

yea that pretty much makes it a non fight then. Thats a huge factor.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2010 01:56 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
yea that pretty much makes it a non fight then. Thats a huge factor.

I dunno I think he was talking about his fight with DD.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2010 03:47 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

you guys remember when Pre Adamatium vagabond Logan used a wooden sword to take down an extra dimensional giant?

Logan took it down with Pressure Blow Attacks..

in the manifest destiny storyline where logan used his Kraken weak point exploitation skill to take down the mystic Ma brick?

i think there are precedence to accept the probability of such an attack working here especially with the Rogue Feat i mentioned earlier.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2010 04:01 AM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by King Castle
you guys remember when Pre Adamatium vagabond Logan used a wooden sword to take down an extra dimensional giant?

Logan took it down with Pressure Blow Attacks..

in the manifest destiny storyline where logan used his Kraken weak point exploitation skill to take down the mystic Ma brick?

i think there are precedence to accept the probability of such an attack working here especially with the Rogue Feat i mentioned earlier.

Wolverine has pressure point koed Rogue, completely destroyed Rock of the Buddha with a pressure point and gave Captain America a near fatal aneurysm with a pressure point. Few MA's have displayed effective pressure point usage to one shot someone with durability as high as Rogue and even fewer have been able to proven those abilities viable in combat with someone as skilled as Cap.

Even baring pressure points as a legitimate option Wolverine would simply out last Cage 10/10. People vastly underestimate the value of endurance. Wolverine will set the pace of the fight, and Cage won't be able to keep up. There is no conceivable way Cage can conserve enough energy to content with Wolverine for any significant amount of time. After 10 minutes of fending off Wolverine's ferociousness Luke is going to be sapped, after 20 minutes he will be comatose... and Wolverine will be fresh as a daisy. His durability is irrelevant, Cage just doesn't have the athleticism or endurance to compete.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2010 04:49 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Wolverine has pressure point koed Rogue, completely destroyed Rock of the Buddha with a pressure point and gave Captain America a near fatal aneurysm with a pressure point. Few MA's have displayed effective pressure point usage to one shot someone with durability as high as Rogue and even fewer have been able to proven those abilities viable in combat with someone as skilled as Cap.

Even baring pressure points as a legitimate option Wolverine would simply out last Cage 10/10. People vastly underestimate the value of endurance. Wolverine will set the pace of the fight, and Cage won't be able to keep up. There is no conceivable way Cage can conserve enough energy to content with Wolverine for any significant amount of time. After 10 minutes of fending off Wolverine's ferociousness Luke is going to be sapped, after 20 minutes he will be comatose... and Wolverine will be fresh as a daisy. His durability is irrelevant, Cage just doesn't have the athleticism or endurance to compete.
i Concur.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2010 04:57 AM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2010 06:04 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilTyrant

laughing out loud

It's true, Wolverine had to fight Omega Red after just waking up from being drugged, and he still fought Red for like 20+ hours. It was X-men#4 or #5. Omega Red's 1st appearance. I could be off on the hours, but it was a crazy amount.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2010 01:21 PM
EvilTyrant is currently offline Click here to Send EvilTyrant a Private Message Find more posts by EvilTyrant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Cage will lose any contest with Wolverine.

Well, he might win who has given Jessica Jones more orgasms. Might.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2010 01:24 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Originally posted by EvilTyrant
It's true, Wolverine had to fight Omega Red after just waking up from being drugged, and he still fought Red for like 20+ hours. It was X-men#4 or #5. Omega Red's 1st appearance. I could be off on the hours, but it was a crazy amount.
I am aware that Wolverine fought Omega Red for an extended period of time.

I am also aware that feat notwithstanding, Wolverine can still get ktfo. So saying that Wolverine's endurance determines this battle completely 10/10 is too hasty... and laughing out loud-worthy

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2010 03:15 PM
Dum Dum Dugan

I am aware that Wolverine fought Omega Red for an extended period of time.

I am also aware that feat notwithstanding, Wolverine can still get ktfo. So saying that Wolverine's endurance determines this battle completely 10/10 is too hasty... and laughing out loud-worthy

Not sure why thats so funny?

He last around 18 hours of none stop combat against a guy who has pheramones that drain his healing factor, and who has far greater range, speed, reflexes, strength then Luke.

No Luke who can't even fight 18 hours straight is gunna knock him out the majority? I don't think so.

Last edited by Dum Dum Dugan on Nov 3rd, 2010 at 09:12 PM

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2010 09:09 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

He last around 18 hours of none stop combat against a guy who has pheramones that drain his healing factor, and who has far greater range, speed, reflexes, strength then Luke.

No Luke who can't even fight 18 hours straight is gunna knock him out the majority? I don't think so.

You ever see one of those MA gauntlets where they fight 10 guys one after another for 15 seconds each? That is only 2 and a half minutes and even then the fighter is completely drained by the tenth guy. The idea that Luke Cage could content with Wolverine's stamina and endurance is insane. Even if Luke had 10x human stamina - which he doesn't - he still wouldn't be able to content with Wolverine's pace in a fight. I really don't think people understand just how much of an advantage endurance can be.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2010 09:26 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

in my military combat training grappling we called it bull rushing.. i took down 4 in a fast pace gauntlet b4 i was trained lasted about 3 minutes tops.. lifting, twisting and escaping drained me especially moving in beach sand in boots.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2010 09:36 PM
ankur29
ankur

wow your right, I dont know how I missed that.

too many people missed that

i was wondering why there were so many LK haters

his stamina should be superhuman/peak

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2010 10:32 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ankur29
too many people missed that

i was wondering why there were so many LK haters

his stamina should be superhuman/peak
why? what evidence states he can has superhuman/peak?

any on panel evidence of a prolong fight?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2010 10:47 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Even before the poisoned took affect it was DD's plan to out last Luke. When Cage started showing signs of fatigue DD even said "no surprise there" or something... and then he noticed that Cage was a little too tired.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2010 11:01 PM
ODG

False dichotomy.

Wolverne has lost in fights that haven't lasted 18 hours or involved death spores.

Any absolutist suggestions that Wolverine wins/loses based completely on his endurance being superior to his opponents are laughing out loud-worthy.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 12:11 AM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

how often does logan lose to vastly inferior opponents from his norm showing?

Luke is neither superhumanly strong as his average opponents nor superiorly skilled..

Logan losing to less then luke is often rare and far between to consider it a likely outcome here with Luke as the norm.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 12:14 AM
Bentley
Seitei

If Wolverine loses against Spider-man he has lost against less than Luke shifty

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 12:17 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote