KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Harry Potter Fiction » Harry Potter and the Horcruxes

What do you think
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
LOVE IT 24 61.54%
Its alright 8 20.51%
Needs work 3 7.69%
SUCKS 4 10.26%
Total: 39 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Harry Potter and the Horcruxes
Started by: Regulus A Black

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sirius_Rulez

i cant wait to read it

of course I was

Old Post May 21st, 2006 04:08 AM
Sirius_Rulez is currently offline Click here to Send Sirius_Rulez a Private Message Find more posts by Sirius_Rulez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mønkey
The Note

happy Aw! thats awesome!

~eek! Join me in my war on lampshades eek!~

Old Post May 21st, 2006 07:39 AM
Mønkey is currently offline Click here to Send Mønkey a Private Message Find more posts by Mønkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regulus A Black
Elder Mormon

Chapter 11
The Return

Harry stared at the letter for a while, and then he told Ron and Hermione that they would not be able to come with him. Disappointed, Ron and Hermione went up to their dormitories and went to bed. Harry on the other hand decided to stay up for a while and think about which of the three suspected rooms was the most likely for the Horcrux to be in, and if it was even in Hogwarts at all.

“I know he had the opportunity, and I know he had many secrets while here” he said thinking out loud. “I also know that Dumbledore thinks there is one here as well, I just don’t know where it is, what it is, or how to get past all the barriers. Well let’s think for a minute and see if I can narrow it down.” Harry then pulled out the book, and turned to the page where the Horcruxes were written. He examined it carefully.

Voldemort's believed Horcruxes
1.A Diary<
2.A ring from his grandfather<
3.Hufflepuffs cup
4.Slytherins locket<
5.Something that belonged to Ravenclaw or Gryffindor
6.Nagini (his snake)

He had highlighted the ones that were already destroyed, and now wondered where the other three were, and which one was in the castle, if it was there at all. “Well, it is obviously not Nagini,” He thought, “She is with him all the time, so I wonder if he got something of Gryffindor’s, or Ravenclaw’s? Well I don’t think he would have gotten anything of Gryffindor’s, after all, Gryffindor was the wizard that never got along with Slytherin, so I don’t think he would have taken something from him. So it must be something of Ravenclaw’s, but the question is what.”

Harry decided that he would go and ask Professor Flitwick the next day, and ask him if he knew anything that was owned by Ravenclaw that would be really valuable if somebody got their hands on it? He thought about this for a while and decided it would be very suspicious, like Harry was going to try and steal something of Ravenclaw’s. He finally thought of a better solution, he would ask Hermione if there was anything in Hogwarts, A History. After all, he and Ron had still never read it, and probably never would.

After a good nights sleep, Harry awoke and ran down to meet Hermione in the Great Hall for breakfast. As he reached the entrance to the Great Hall, Hermione was just leaving. “Hermione,” he called, “I need to talk to you, about that thing we’re doing.” He said, because of all the other students that were around, and he didn’t want to give it away. “Meet me in our secret place at noon today, right after class.”

“Alright,” Hermione called back. “Should I bring Ron?”

“No, I don’t think he will be interested in this part, you know his feelings on reading.” Harry responded.

“Yes I do,” Hermione laughed.

After Defense Against the Dark Arts that day, Harry proceeded down to Moaning Myrtles bathroom. Upon his arrival, he was surprised to find that Hermione was already there reading for the who knows how many times, Hogwarts, A History.

“Okay, what exactly are we doing, and why did I need to bring this” Hermione asked indicating the book she was reading.

“Well,” Harry began, “I was wondering if there was ever mention of anything that the founders found very valuable, I think that Voldemort has a Horcrux that was something for Ravenclaw’s but I have no idea what it would be. So I was hoping you could find something in the book about it.”

“Well Harry, there were many things that Ravenclaw valued, but none of them were physical possessions. So, it either isn’t in the book or she didn’t have one, but it did mention something of Gryffindor’s a dagger. Gryffindor treasured that more then his sword, it’s an exact smaller replica of the sword, and hasn’t been seen for almost 50 years.” Hermione said

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 09:12 PM
Regulus A Black is currently offline Click here to Send Regulus A Black a Private Message Find more posts by Regulus A Black Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regulus A Black
Elder Mormon

More of chapter 11

“So it is something of Gryffindor’s I will have to figure out where and when Voldemort got a hold of it.” Harry said. “Thanks Hermione that’s all I needed. Just then a familiar tawny owl appeared and dropped a letter on Harry’s head.

Harry, I will be waiting for you in hogsmede, in the place where you first knew my brother was my brother. See you tonight.
RAB

“It’s from Regulus” Harry said, I’m going to be gone tonight, I need to go tell McGonagall.” Harry headed through the corridors to McGonagall’s office and reported to her that he would be going to the shrieking shack that night, and wasn’t sure when he would be back.

In Defense Against the Dark Arts that day, they were learning more and more defensive spells, and like always, Harry was the class “test dummy”. This wore Harry out even more so then usual even though he wasn’t hit a single time by anybody’s curses. He was a master at every defensive spell he ever learned. Hermione could sense Harry was hiding something, and he was. Harry is working on a super defensive spell that can stop Draco’s new spell.

That night just before midnight, Harry headed out to the shrieking shack to meet with RAB. He took his invisibility cloak and a stick to poke the knot to immobilize the whomping willow.

As he wanders around the shrieking shack he remembers the night he first met his godfather, and is surrounded by more memories of his godfather. As Harry enters the room where he first found his godfather on the night that Pettigrew escaped, he is greeted by Regulus.

“Ah Harry, just on time” Regulus began, “I will teach you all that I can about picking up on your magical frequencies, but I want to test how well they are as of this moment. Hand me your wand.” Harry turned over his wand and Regulus threw it across the room then summoned creatures to surround it which would only attack when people got to close to them. “retrieve your wand Harry”

Harry ran over to the corner reached out to grab his wand as one of the creatures jumped up and bit his hand. Harry pulled his hand back in pain wandless. He tried many times and always ended up wandless. “How do I do it Regulus” Harry asked.

“Well with magic of course.” Regulus responded.

“But how can I do magic without my wand?” Harry asked.

“It’s all dealing with magical frequencies surrounding magical objects, and your ability to control them, and know what they want. You remember when you set the python loose in the zoo? You didn’t have a wand then, and without knowing it, you used the magical frequencies around you to set it free. All the magic you did without your wand before you knew you were a wizard was with magical frequencies. Most wizards lose touch with these after training with wands for most of their life, but a few, such as myself and Dumbledore, never forgot how to do it. And yes Harry the Dark Lord never forgot either.” Regulus stated. “Now use feelings like when you did magic before you had your wand, all it takes is very powerful emotion and the natural magic within you and the object’s will react causing the will of the things to be done.”

Harry struggled with this for a moment, and thought very strong emotion, like my patronus. Harry then thought of an extremely happy thought and concentrated really hard on what he wanted, and his wand began to move on the ground which startled the creatures and the jumped on it. Harry lost his focus and still ended up wandless.

“That was way better for a first attempt of anybody that has forgotten that I’ve seen in a long time. But of course seeing as who your father was it shouldn’t be that surprising. Keep trying then we will move on once you get the wand.”

Harry again concentrated really hard this time with a new goal, to make the creatures disappear. He got one to disappear and still had three more to deal with. He realized it would take awhile and eventually after about an hour he had all but one of the creatures gone. Then he realized he could get rid of the last one by thinking of an even stronger thought. It took two hours to get rid of that last one, who was bigger then the others were. After he was gone Harry walked over and picked up his wand.

“Do you know how you made them disappear Harry?” Regulus asked.

“Well I was thinking of the spell to make them go away along with the thought that provided me with the emotion powerful enough to do it.” Harry said

“Exactly Harry you can perform simple spells without a wand if the emotion is powerful enough.” Regulus said, it is really simple if you concentrate.

“Only simple spells?” Harry asked, hoping that he could do any spell without his wand, for a surprise attack on Voldemort.

“Unfortunately yes, Harry, we can only do simple spells without our wand, like you and your vanishing spell, and your attempted summoning charm. Let’s move on to the next test Harry” At this Regulus created a door in the wall. “Now Harry try to get through this door”

Harry figured this would be simple; he would just use the spell alohomora to unlock the door. He tried this and it didn’t work. He tried every spell he could think of to destroy or unlock the door and nothing worked, hours went by and nothing happened.

“Harry, don’t just try to unlock or destroy the door, listen to what the door wants. Pick up on its magical frequency.” Regulus finally said. So Harry started to concentrate really hard on picking up the signals around him. He could sense things he never sensed before, and then it hit him what the door wanted was a knut, that was it. So Harry reached in his pocket and found a little bronze coin and took it and placed it in the keyhole where the key would normally go. The door then swung open and Harry saw something he hadn’t seen in years, the mirror of Erised. Harry quickly aligned himself in front of the mirror and looked in it and he was surprised of what he saw. It was him going into a familiar statue of which he also hadn’t seen in years. He immediately recognized it as the chamber of secrets and knew what it meant.

“Great job Harry, you did it, and I take it by the way you reacted you saw something important in the mirror” Regulus said.

“Yes I did, and I would like you to come with me, I think I know where one of the Horcruxes is, I can sneak you into Hogwarts with me, and we can go find it together.”

“I’d love to Harry, but I’d rather not take the risk, go get Ron and Hermione before you go though you will need the help I’m sure, so get going Harry.”

Harry rushed back out of the shrieking shack through the secret passage and reached the outer edge, hit the knot on the whomping willow and ran into the Great Hall where he knew Ron and Hermione would be having lunch, and he could join them for a bit, after all he spent about twelve hours with Regulus last night. When he arrived in the Great Hall, he looked around and spotted Ron sitting at the table eating lunch, but didn’t see Hermione. He ran over to Ron, and joined him for dinner and filled him in on what had happened.

“Hermione is in the library studying” Ron said “Let’s go get her and go get the Horcrux.”

They ran off to the library and found Hermione studying and they filled her in on what Harry had seen they told her they were going to go and get it and they would like her help. She agreed and they headed off to the chamber of secrets. Hermione who had never been in the chamber of secrets before was extremely frightened. Once inside the chamber they crawled through the hole in the wall or rocks that had fallen when Harry and Ron were in there five years ago. They headed into the chamber where they saw the dead basilisk and the statue of Slytherin. Just then they saw something moving inside the Statue, in a hole Harry hadn’t noticed before. Just then they see a flash of green light within the hole.

I know it's kind of shorter then the other chapters, but it was best for the story I cut what I did, and ended the chapter earlier then I planned, I was going to do the entire chamber scene in this chapter, but I changed it a little bit, and wanted all this to be in one chapter which will be chapter 12

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 09:14 PM
Regulus A Black is currently offline Click here to Send Regulus A Black a Private Message Find more posts by Regulus A Black Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mønkey
The Note

yay! another good chapter! great to see that your writing again!! eek!

~eek! Join me in my war on lampshades eek!~

Old Post May 25th, 2006 09:40 AM
Mønkey is currently offline Click here to Send Mønkey a Private Message Find more posts by Mønkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regulus A Black
Elder Mormon

Chapter 12
Deep Inside

“What do you think that was Harry?” Ron asked.

“What else could it have been, this means somebody else is here, we must be careful.” Harry responded.

Slowly they advanced closer and closer to the hole in the statue. As they got closer they went off to one side and they didn’t believe what they heard.

“Peter, I thought I told you not to kill him.” Came a cold shrill voice. ‘

“Sorry Master, I didn’t think he could be trusted after all he is a Weasley, a pure blood yes, but from a muggle loving family.” Peter said.

“A Weasley” Ron whispered, “must be Percy always has been a little on the dark side ever since he got that job at the ministry. I’ll have to tell mom. Oh and Harry, if Voldemort is here why isn’t your scar hurting you?”

“He must not be here, Voldemort is powerful and he can probably communicate with Peter through any means.” Harry said. Just then a rat ran out of the whole and right past the three friends. None of them noticed. “Alright, let’s get in there and get Pettigrew. On three, one…two…three” They all jumped in and yelled “STUPEFY” with their wands pointed in different directions since it was dark. “Lumos” Harry said. And his wand lit, the others then followed suit. “Not here, he must have escaped using his animagus ability.”

Harry then heard crying, he turned to see Ron, crying on Hermione’s shoulder. “What’s wrong” He asked, Hermione motioned a little bit off to Harry’s left behind him, Harry turned and saw why Ron was crying, Ron’s brother, Percy, lay dead. “Ron, take Percy and get out of here, take him to your parents, tell McGonagall what’s happened. Me and Hermione will continue on.”

Ron picked up one of Percy’s old shoe, set it done and cried “Portus” He then grabbed onto Percy and they disappeared. They reappeared outside the Burrow a second later. “Mom, Dad, there is something I need to tell you. It might come as a bit of a shock.” A little bit later Mr. and Mrs. Weasley walked out as Ron blocked Percy’s body from view. “Percy’s dead, he was working for Voldemort, we were searching the Chamber of Secrets for something, and we saw the flash of green light we then heard Peter Pettigrew talking to Voldemort saying he didn’t think Percy could be trusted, we tried to get Pettigrew but he escaped by turning into scabbers and running from us, and we found Percy lying on the ground.” Ron stepped aside and his mother burst into tears at the sight of Percy’s body.

“Molly, we need to tell the Order, I’ll go to headquarters now and tell them.” Arthur said, “Ron you wait here with your mother till I get back.”

“Okay, but hurry I need to go tell McGonagall what’s happened.”

Arthur ran into the house went straight to the fireplace grabbed a pinch of floo powder stepped inside shouted “Number 12 Grimmuald Place” and disappeared in a brilliant display of emerald flames. A second later he arrived in the kitchen of 12 Grimmuald Place. “Lupin,” he called, “gather the rest of the order as quickly as you can, I have urgent news” Lupin took off quickly and gathered the order that weren’t at Hogwarts, including the older Weasley brothers, and the Weasley twins, Mad Eye Moody, and Kingsley Shacklebolt.

“What’s so important that I had to come here so quickly, I was about to take a nap?” Moody asked. “Well Arthur, get on with it.”

“It concerns Voldemort and his death eaters, apparently they have gotten within the walls of Hogwarts, well two of the death eaters at least, Pettigrew, and Percy.” Arthur said

“PERCY?” Rang out all the order in unison

“Surely not your son Percy, Arthur” Shacklebolt said.

“Unfortunately yes, and Pettigrew didn’t think he could be trusted and killed him, Ron, Harry, and Hermione found him dead, if they had gotten there a little sooner they could have saved him. They saw the flash of green light just as they arrived.” Arthur said.

“Percy’s dead?” Cried the Weasley’s in unison.

“What are we gonna do dad?” Asked Charlie

“We will hold a funeral this weekend as soon as I get back home; Ron is going to Hogwarts to notify McGonagall who will notify the entire school.” Arthur said. “So I should be getting home you are all welcome to come to our house.”

Arthur then stepped back inside the fireplace grabbed a pinch of floo powder, shouted “The Burrow” and disappeared in bright emerald green flames. The rest of the Weasley’s along with Lupin followed suit.

Back at the Burrow, Ron was getting worried what were Harry and Hermione doing and how far had they gone within the chamber? Just then his father walked out of the fireplace. Ron ran toward the fireplace, just as Charlie appeared in the grate. Charlie stepped out, followed by Bill, the twins, and Lupin. “Nice to see you all” Ron said, “Wish I could stay and chat but I gotta get back to Hogwarts.”

A second later Ron appeared in McGonagall’s office. “Mr. Weasley what are you doing here, I never gave you permission to leave, and by entering my office that way I know you left.”

“Sorry Professor, but my brother, Percy, was killed down in the Chamber of Secrets, part of our mission lead me, Harry and Hermione down there and we saw the flash of green light then heard Pettigrew’s voice. I had to take his body home and tell my parents, who went to tell the rest of the Order. Harry and Hermione are still down there attempting to accomplish their mission.” Ron said.

“Well, in that case it is alright, I will notify all the teachers and I will notify the rest of the school, as for you go back home and stay with your family.” McGonagall said. Ron agreed and stepped into the fireplace grabbed a pinch of floo powder shouted “The Burrow” and disappeared in a brilliant display of emerald green flames.

Meanwhile back down in the Chamber of Secrets Harry and Hermione decided to continue onward. Harry looked around and found a small little door that they had to crawl to get through. Harry and Hermione crawled through the door and found a small little room with a tunnel that went down further inside the tunnel, so they crawled inside the tunnel and slide down. At the bottom of the slide they appeared in a large room that had three different doors.

“What now Harry?” Hermione asked.

“Well we choose a door and go through it and hope it’s the right one.” Harry said, “and if it’s not we come back and choose another until we find the right one. Let’s start with the middle one.” Harry said.

Harry and Hermione went through the middle door and came to another room open room which again had three doors in it, including the one they came through with one on the left and one on the right of it. “Hermione go back, and go through one of the other doors.” Harry said. Hermione did as she was asked, and went back and then came through the door on the left, and was back in the Room with three doors where Harry was already.

“Harry, all three doors lead to this room, so there must be some kind of trap through the doors, we must have to get through some kind of maze or something, and only one door leads us to the right path, I bet we have to get to the center of the room.” Hermione said.

Harry began to concentrate hard on the magical frequencies around him. After about twenty minutes he figured it out. “Go back Hermione; meet me in the room behind us.” Harry said. A little bit later they were back in the large room. “We both choose the wrong door, it’s this one, I know it is.” So they went through the last of the three doors.

Once inside the room again, they started walking out on the bricks Harry leading the way determining which brick was safe to step on. Eventually they made it to the middle of the room, where they stepped on the last brick which made something appear on the other side of the room.

“We need to get to it Hermione,” Harry said, “Follow me.” So they started on their way to the other side of the room. Once there they saw that it was a book, Hermione reached out for it, “NO” Harry yelled. “Hermione, it’s a trap go back, I will get it once I believe you are safely out of the chamber.”

Hermione obeyed and worked her way back out of the chamber carefully stepping only on the bricks they had stepped on to get there. Once completely outside the chamber she found Ron about to go inside the Chamber.

“Where’s Harry?” He asked.

“Aren’t you suppose to be with your family?” Hermione said

“Yes, but they told me to come make sure you guys were alright, so where is Harry?” Ron said.

“Still inside, he told me to get out and that it was a trap.” Hermione said. “He is dealing with it now.” Just then Harry’s broom zoomed right by the side of their heads. “What was that?” Hermione asked

“I think it was Harry’s Broom.” Ron said, “Must be how he is going to deal with the trap.”

Back inside the chamber Harry was waiting for his broom to arrive which he had just summoned. When it finally arrived he waited. “What exactly does this want before I take the book?” He thought. Concentrating hard he finally figured out exactly what was wanted all it needed was something to weigh down on the rock. Harry summoned a book the same size as the one on the rock in front of him. Harry replaced the books and realized the one he had in his hand now was lighter then the one he replaced it with. The room started to shake violently; Harry hopped on his broom and started flying away.

Old Post May 29th, 2006 02:40 AM
Regulus A Black
Elder Mormon

Wand out and ready to destroy anything in his way, Harry started flying across the room dodging the falling debris. “REDUCTO” Harry cried as he reached the door blowing it to bits so he can get through. He zoomed back up the slide as fast as he could. He reached the top and screamed “REDUCTO” because the fallen debris had blocked his exit. He got out back into the familiar room where he killed the basilisk and destroyed a horcrux just five years ago. He noticed this room was falling to pieces as well, so there was no slowing him down. He zoomed in and around heading straight for the exit, just as he was reaching the tunnel that lead up to Moaning Myrtle’s bathroom he was knocked off his broom.

“Give me the book Potter, or we will both die down here.” Came a voice he first heard five years ago while buying books.

“Malfoy, how did you get in here, or more importantly how did you escape from Azkaban? Harry said

“Well, Voldemort is a powerful wizard Potter, now give me the book.” Malfoy said.

“NO” Harry said, you will not win.

“That’s what your silly little friends said who were waiting at the entrance Potter. I will get that book, Voldemort has asked me to. If I don’t get it, he will kill me, so I will do anything to get it from you Potter.”

“If you want, dual me for it.” Harry said

“It’s your funeral Potter.” Malfoy said.

They drew their wands, faced each other, and bowed. Malfoy started off almost immediately. “CRUCIO” He bellowed

“HAHISTNA” Harry countered, and the familiar magical mirror appeared in front and reflected the curse back at Malfoy. Malfoy who was not expecting Harry to know such advanced magic was stunned and got hit by his own curse. He fell to the ground writhing in pain.

He got up as quickly as he could ready to get back at Potter not holding anything back. He wasn’t going to kill him, because the Dark Lord wants to be the one to finish him off. “SECTEMSEMPRA” Malfoy bellowed.

“HAHISTNA” Harry bellowed. Malfoy who was ready this time expecting Harry to do just that said “HAHISTNA CONTRAIG”

“STUPEFY” Harry yelled while Malfoy was absorbing the spell he had sent, it was right behind the reflected spell, and hit the mirror right afterward, but since it was not a reflected spell, it went straight through and released the spell already in it, sending both at Malfoy.

Malfoy fell to the ground immobile as huge gashes appeared all over him. Harry instantly healed Malfoy knowing he had won, and bound him. “LEVICORPUS” Harry said, and Malfoy’s bound body started floating in the air behind Harry. Harry flew up out of the Chamber to find Ron and Hermione stunned. He didn’t have time to deal with them just now so he headed straight for McGonagall’s office. When he arrived he told McGonagall what happened.

McGongall then took Malfoy’s stunned personage to the ministry of magic. “Kingsley” she called when she got there. “I have an escaped prisoner who tried to kill a couple students. Do with him what you will, and increase your guards at Azkaban if you can. By the way, in case you haven’t heard, Percy Weasley has been killed, he was in league with death eaters, and one of them, Peter Pettigrew, didn’t think he could be trusted so he killed him. I think the funeral is this weekend, but if you get a chance drop by the Burrow. I need to get back to the school though, examine the grounds make sure all known death eaters are off the grounds.”

When she got back to her office she expected Harry to still be there, and was surprised to find that he wasn’t. Harry had run off back to Moaning Myrtle’s bathroom to take care of Ron and Hermione. He revived them then took them to the hospital wing and told Madame Pomfrey what had happened. Then Harry returned to the common room to check out the book. As he was looking through it, he realized something, this was not a horcrux, it was just a book. As Harry was reading he noticed something, a little note written in the corner. “Now that you’ve looked deep inside, looker deeper inside this to find the key to the room where is what you seek.”

Old Post May 29th, 2006 02:41 AM
pinkfloydkor

well done, this is awesome. Keep on postin!

thanks LifeInSepia, sig is AWESOME

Old Post May 29th, 2006 04:15 AM
pinkfloydkor is currently offline Click here to Send pinkfloydkor a Private Message Find more posts by pinkfloydkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regulus A Black
Elder Mormon

Here is chapter titles for the next few chapters

Chapter 13: The Room of Monsters
Chapter 14: The cup, the dagger and the snake
Chapter 15: A tragic loss
Chapter 16: Found at last
Chapter 17: The Flaming Floor

Old Post May 29th, 2006 05:37 PM
pinkfloydkor

cool. Do you have an estimate on how many chapters there are going to be?

thanks LifeInSepia, sig is AWESOME

Old Post May 29th, 2006 06:05 PM
pinkfloydkor is currently offline Click here to Send pinkfloydkor a Private Message Find more posts by pinkfloydkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regulus A Black
Elder Mormon

30ish chapters meaning anywhere from 30-40

Old Post May 29th, 2006 10:20 PM
Babiblue143z

i cant wait until you post more big grin

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 03:34 AM
Babiblue143z is currently offline Click here to Send Babiblue143z a Private Message Find more posts by Babiblue143z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regulus A Black
Elder Mormon

Chapter 13
The Room of Monsters

“Draco, you made a huge mistake by showing that spell to the Dark Lord, you realize if anybody finds out you invented that curse, you are as good as dead. They will have the dementors administer a little kiss to you.” Snape said.

“Sorry Professor, but I wanted to show you I’m better then you think.” Malfoy replied. “how is my father, I heard he escaped from Azkaban.”

“Well we broke many out, your father included, but your father being the man he is went straight to Hogwarts to get revenge on Potter, and his friends, but couldn’t even defeat stupid Potter in a duel, and is now back in Azkaban.”

“But you’ll get him out again won’t you?” Malfoy said.

“We can try but they will have it guarded a lot better now that many have broken out.” Snape replied. Just then Malfoy and Snape’s arms burned and they immediately apparated to the graveyard as usual.

“My loyal death eaters, I notice you are all here, all that is but one, and I also notice we are missing one of those under the imperious curse, but of course I know what happened to him.” Voldemort started, as he glanced over at Pettigrew. “Percy Weasley who we had under the imperious curse was killed today by Pettigrew who didn’t think we could trust him even under the imperious curse. The question is, where is Lucious Malfoy? Draco do you know where you father is?”

“Azkaban” Draco replied.

“How can that be when we just broke him out today.” Voldemort hissed.

“He lost a duel to Potter” Draco replied, “What do you plan to do with him Master?”

“Well seeing as how he is no use to me if he can’t defeat Potter in a simple duel he will die, but I have an idea, how bout you kill your father yourself? His life or yours in a duel next time we break him out.” Voldemort hissed, “How does that sound.”

“F-Fine,” Draco stuttered.

“You’re afraid aren’t you Draco” Voldemort hissed, “But of course after training with Snape I’m sure a duelist like yourself will have no trouble dueling somebody like your father. After all this is the first time he has lost to a bunch of teenagers.”

“N-n-no” Draco said. “I-I-I can t-take m-my father.”

“Good then, we will go break him out now” Voldemort hissed. “I will allow you to go get some last minute training with Snape if you like.”

“Yes Master, I will use the time to train.” Draco said.

Draco and Snape apparated off to Spinners End, while the rest Apparated as close as they could to Azkaban. “We break him out now, everybody will be mourning with the Weasley’s over the loss of their son. It should be pretty clear, but there will be guards on him since he is a known death eater.”

“Professor, what am I going to do, I don’t want to duel my father, I don’t want to kill him.” Draco cried.

“This is your duel I will not bail you out of this one. My only advice is to wait to go on the offensive, use everything I’ve taught you to defend yourself, then at the right time, use the spell you created to finish the duel.” Snape spat at him.

After the breakout, the dark marks burned on Snape and Draco’s arm again signaling it was time to go. They apparated back to the graveyard where Lucius was already waiting in the center of the circle to duel Draco.

“Draco step in the circle and prepare to duel your father.” Snape said.

“Alright, this will be a duel to the death. Father versus son.” Voldemort said, “Now bow and begin.”

Draco obeyed Snape’s command to stay defensive until the most opportune moment. Lucius struck out with the Cruciatus Curse. Draco defended as he was told.

“Avada Kedavra” Lucius shouted and a green beam of light burst through his wand just as Draco jumped out of the way and it hit the headstone behind him. Draco stood up and was ready.

“Crucio” Lucius bellowed.

“Hahistna” Draco shouted, and the little magical mirror appeared in front of him and reflected back toward Lucius.”

“Hahistna Contraig” Lucius bellowed, Lucius who remembered how he lost to Potter was ready just incase Draco tried to pull a stunt like Harry had done. He used a non-verbal spell of “Protego” right behind the mirror.

Draco wasn’t quite as clever as Harry, and didn’t see this as his opportunity so he hadn’t done as his father had expected. “Imperio” Lucius bellowed. Draco wasn’t expecting this but knew he could take it so he just let it hit him. Inside his head he heard a voice, “give up,” but then a stronger voice, “Why there’s no reason, I won’t do it.” The curse had no effect and Draco saw his oppourtunity. “SPEBEREL” Draco shouted and it hit his father who hadn’t been expecting it right in the chest, Lucius fell to the ground writhing in pain as huge gashes appeared all over his body like he was being slashed by a sword and he bleed everywhere.

“AV…” Draco started when he was interrupted, by Lord Voldemort.

“Do nothing Draco, I want him to suffer maybe it will teach others not to fail me.” Voldemort hissed. Draco sat and watched as his father slowly died, he did his best to hide the fact that he was hurt inside.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 04:29 AM
Regulus A Black
Elder Mormon

The next morning, Ron and Hermione returned to the common room where they found Harry sleeping in front of the fire place, with the book on his lap. “Harry, wake up. Harry, what did you find out? HARRY!!”

Harry awoke with a start surprised to see Ron and Hermione in front of him. “What?” Harry said? Since Harry had been half asleep he hadn’t comprehended what Ron had asked him.

“Harry, what did you find in the book, is it the Horcrux?” Hermione said.

“I don’t think so; I found a little note scratched into the margins of the book.” Harry said.

“Now that you’ve looked deep inside, looker deeper inside this to find the key to the room where is what you seek.” Hermione repeated. “Well obviously that means, the key to where the horcrux is deep inside this book.”

“So in other words we need to search this book for clues.” Ron replied. “That will be fun.” Ron said in a highly sarcastic tone.

“Yes but we must do it.” Harry said. “It’s the only way to destroy Voldemort.”

“Well, we don’t have much time right now, we should help Ron’s parents prepare for the funeral.” Hermione said. “It’s in two days, and we still haven’t let Ginny know yet.”

“Let me know what?” Ginny asked, “and what is this talk about my parents preparing for a funeral?”

“Ginny,” Ron said “we were on our mission down in the Chamber of Secrets, we saw a flash of green light, and then heard Voldemort talking to Peter Pettigrew, and then we found Percy’s body.” At this Ginny began to cry. “Apparently he was working with the death eaters.”

“Percy’s dead?!?!?” Ginny sobbed. “How come you waited until now to tell me?”

“Because it only happened yesterday Ginny and before we got the chance to tell you we were STUPEFYED, and had to rest in the hospital wing. We couldn’t tell you until we were better.” Hermione said.

“Well why didn’t Harry tell me? I saw him here last night he was just fine.” Ginny yelled.

“We wanted Ron to tell you Ginny, sorry. After all it’s a family issue.” Harry said.

“Well, what are we waiting for? We need to go help mom and dad.” Ginny said.

The four headed off to McGonagall’s office so they could travel to the Burrow using the floo network. When they arrived in her office, she was waiting for them, ready to allow them to leave. “I’ve been waiting for you, I will be coming with you to the Burrow, I have left Professor Flitwick in charge while I’m gone.”

The five of them traveled to the Burrow. When they arrived they were greeted by the rest of the Weasley’s and a good portion of the Order. “Minerva” Arthur said, “Percy always loved Hogwarts, would we be allowed to bury him on the grounds next to Dumbledore?”

“Of course Arthur, I will contact Professor Flitwick and get him to start preparing.” Professor McGonagall said. “It will all be ready by tomorrow. I will go and help.” Professor McGonagall then traveled back to Hogwarts.

“Dad?” Ginny said, “can I see him?”

“Of course Ginny” Arthur said, “he is up in his bedroom.” Ginny headed up the stairs to Percy’s bedroom, remembering her first year at Hogwarts when she caught him with his girlfriend. She thought about all the good times they had had, and wondered why he would work with Voldemort.

The Weasley’s notified everybody they could, and told them where and when the funeral would be. They got all the preparations necessary, and then took Percy’s body to Hogwarts. The next day at ten in the morning was the funeral. The school gathered like they had done less then one year ago for Dumbledore’s funeral. After everybody had gathered around Hagrid brought Percy’s covered body and laid it on a table as he had done for Dumbledore just a few months earlier. Then Professor McGonagall gave a short eulogy on Percy and his time at Hogwarts. She was followed by the rest of the Weasley’s starting with Ginny and working up to Arthur and Molly. The entire service took about two hours, and at the end the tomb erupted into flames as it had done for Dumbledore, and again Harry swore he saw a Phoenix fly away from the tomb. Then it hit him, he had seen a phoenix at Dumbledore’s funeral, it symbolized a rebirth, and it must happen to all wizards when they die and are buried.

After everything was over, the Weasley’s, Harry, Hermione and some of the Order, returned to the Burrow to reflect on the times they had shared with Percy. Of course Ron, Ginny, and Harry, and Hermione who were practically Weasley’s were excused from Homework for the next week. They spent there free time for this week with the Weasley’s going to classes when they had them, but spending all the other time at the Burrow.

“Harry, it’s been a week, what have you found in that book?” Hermione asked.

“Well, I’ve read the book all the way through, and it just is a book on different monsters and how to defeat them. I haven’t found the key yet but I’m halfway through reading it for the third time now, and I’m being extremely careful this time.” Harry said.

“Haven’t found the key yet?” Hermione said, “of course you have, our original thought was that the horcrux was in the room of requirement. That book tells us what to think, when opening the room, it also tells us how to get past them. Don’t you see Harry, it’s hidden in a room of monsters.”

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 04:29 AM
godrics
Godrics Hollow

Thanks for the heads up

I just loged on yesterday after a long time and found that you have started again .Thanks for starting the thread again.You are doing well try to go indepth in to the scenes and locations so we can see what you see.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 04:32 PM
godrics is currently offline Click here to Send godrics a Private Message Find more posts by godrics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regulus A Black
Elder Mormon

Ok, I'm writing chapter 14, and here is how it is going to work. It's going to be focused on both Harry and Draco going through very similar experiences at the exact same time, so it will be very jumpy, but i will put four * everytime it jumps characters. It will start off with Draco, but of course that's easy to figure out. I'm predicting probably 8 pages in word for this chapter so hopefully by 8pm Sunday it will be up thanks to my faithful readers. please provide any feedback to me in a PM, anything you want to see, any suggestions you have on my writing style, I will consider everything and hopefully the story will be complete in two months, by the begining of August. i'm predicting about 35 chapters.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 07:25 PM
Sirius_Rulez

it was excellent and cant wait for the next post

of course I was

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2006 10:20 AM
Sirius_Rulez is currently offline Click here to Send Sirius_Rulez a Private Message Find more posts by Sirius_Rulez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regulus A Black
Elder Mormon

ok so Chapter 14 isn't as long as i orginally planned, but it's going to be up more then 24 hours then i originally planned so which would you rather have longer chapter or chapter up sooner with all the important information still in it

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2006 09:04 PM
Regulus A Black
Elder Mormon

Chapter 14
The Cup, the Dagger, and the Snake

Draco Malfoy moped around Spinner’s End he had just killed his father, making himself an orphan seeing as how he had already killed his mother in a duel where he was pretending to be Snape using some polyjuice potion. Snape wanted to see how well Draco would fair in a duel. Then last night Voldemort forced him to duel his father to the death, so left with the choice of his life or his father’s he said his, because knowing how Voldemort is, he probably would have killed his father anyway. Draco walked into his bedroom at Spinner’s end, it was colder and darker then usual, it seemed to be reflecting his mood. He flopped down on his bed and drifted off into a deep sleep.

Harry Potter thought about everything Hermione had said and about how he would get through this room that would be full of monsters, and how he would survive and keep the others alright. I must do it alone he thought as he climbed into bed, and drifted off into a deep sleep.

Draco Malfoy was surrounded by monsters, in a room he barely recognized, he knew where he was, it was the room of requirement, and yet it wasn’t as he had entered it when they broke up a DA meeting almost two years ago. There were creatures of all sorts and yet they acted like they couldn’t see him. He started to wander around the room looking for anything to explain why the creatures weren’t attacking him. He looked at them, there were werewolves, acromantulas, boggarts, dragons, hinkypunks, doxies, chimeras, fire crabs, trolls, yetis, sphinxes, kappa’s, and a basilisk. How is anybody suppose to get through here alive he thought, and why is nothing attacking me. Draco continued to walk around noticing that some creatures stopped moving completely like they had been stunned, just then he bumped into something he couldn’t see.

Harry Potter was outside the room of requirement; he was alone and had brought his invisibility cloak. He threw it over himself and walked into the room. He immediately saw what was meant by room of monsters, creatures of all kinds, some he had dealt with before and others he hadn’t. What had he gotten himself into? Slowly he snuck by stunning whatever he could using nonverbal spells so he wouldn’t draw attention to himself. He wandered around and suddenly bumped into something he hadn’t seen.

Draco’s invisibility cloak had slipped; he hadn’t realized he had one on. Creatures started toward him ready to kill. Just then Draco saw what he had bumped into, it was Harry Potter. Harry had thrown of his cloak and started stunning creature’s right and left stopping them from attacking himself or Malfoy. Draco noticing what Harry was doing continued he could not lose his life, and was told only to attack if attacked. Many monsters were stunned just a few left, and they hadn’t yet noticed that Harry and Draco were there. Draco decided he would please his master and kill Harry Potter. “SPEBEREL” Draco shouted.

Draco awoke being violently shaken by Snape. “Wake up Draco” Snape spat at him.

“Professor, I just had the weirdest dream. I was sent to a room full of monsters to protect something, I have no idea what. I was in the room of requirement I believe, and Potter was there, I was just about to kill him when you woke me up. What does it mean?” Draco asked.

“Well, first off it means you will be protecting one of the Horcruxes, it also means you will be needing this.” Snape reached under the bed and pulled out on old chest, he opened it and pulled out an invisibility cloak. “This should help you.”

Harry Potter awoke with a start. “What a weird dream,” he thought, “the question is why was Draco in the room of requirement, and how had he gotten into Hogwarts unnoticed.” He thought about it for a while then decided to tell the one person he thought could help him, Regulus. He immediately wrote down everything he had seen in the dream and sent an owl to Regulus. He then dug out his book “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” and his invisibility cloak. He studied everything he could about the creatures he had seen. He already knew about the basilisk, the boggart’s, the hinkypunks, dragons and a few others, but he had to know how to deal with all of them.

“What are you doing Harry” Ron asked.

“I’m Trying to figure out how to get to the next horcrux.” Harry replied. “But if I’m correct, I don’t want you, Hermione or Ginny coming with me.”

“We are going with you no matter what Harry.” Ron replied.

“You WILL NOT go even if I have to stun you myself.” Harry yelled.

“Why will this help me?” Draco said holding up the cloak.

“The monsters you saw are not tame, they won’t see you if you are invisible. And if they can’t see you…”

“They can’t attack me.” Draco interrupted. “Well, how am I suppose to fight them or fight anybody that tries to take the Horcrux if I am under the cloak.”

“I will teach you that all in due time.” Snape said, “and I will accompany you.”

“Accompany me? Why?”

“To ensure everything is done right.”

Draco dug threw his old textbooks looking for one specific one, glad he had brought his school stuff to Spinner’s End. Finally he found it and pulled it out, “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.”

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2006 09:06 PM
Regulus A Black
Elder Mormon

Harry studied all day and night, reading the book and testing out various spells he found within it. At about midnight he heard a peck at the window. Harry ran over to the window where Hedwig was with a letter tied to her foot. Harry opened the window and let her in. He gave her an owl treat and untied the letter from her foot and read:

Harry, meet me in the shrieking shack as soon as possible, it is urgent that I discuss this with you. RAB

As soon as Harry finished he ran off to the shrieking shack, to meet Regulus. Why do I need to meet him in person he thought as he was running toward the whomping willow. It must be important though. He arrived in the Shrieking Shack and was greeted by Regulus.

“Harry, excellent we have lot’s to discuss, first off, I will be accompanying you on this trip. I have my own invisibility cloak I will be using. Second it will take lots of time to prepare I will let you know when we are ready to strike. Third we will be busy, tell McGonagall you will be gone for a week, then come here, after the week is over if more time is needed go back and tell her you need more time.”

“You won’t need that” Snape said, “I will be teaching you everything you need to know. It will be long, it will be hard, it will take about a week.”

“A week, what if the Dark Lord makes us go before then?” Draco said.

“Then we go whether you are ready or not.” Snape said.

Draco and Snape started immediately. Snape taught Draco everything he needed to know about defeating different creatures. Finding that a stun will subdue most, but not all, and it will only subdue them for short periods of time.

Harry ran back and told McGonagall that he, and he alone was going to be gone for a week, and then returned to the shrieking shack. When he arrived he looked all around but couldn’t find Regulus anywhere. He wandered around for a few minutes, then out of nowhere his wand flew out of his hand. Then he watched as Regulus removed his cloak and retrieved Harry’s wand. “Harry, why couldn’t you find me? I was in the same place the whole time.” Regulus said.

“Well, you were invisible.”

“And why does that matter Harry? What have I been teaching you lately?”

“To sense magical things around me. You mean I can sense wizards as well?”

“Sort of, you can sense that there is something full of magic around you, and in this abandoned house, it was a pretty good guess, now in the room of monsters it will be a little harder but you can do it.”

“Regulus, how did you attack through the cloak?”

“Simple, I just barely stuck the tip of the wand outside the cloak. If somebody were to look right at it, they would think it was a speck against the wall behind me.”

“Duh, why didn’t I think of that.”

Draco awoke the next morning to find that Professor Snape was gone, or at least that’s what he thought. Draco wandered around the house preparing himself breakfast, just as he was about to take a drink of pumpkin juice, the glass flew out of his hand and across the room, right into a hand coming out of nowhere. Professor Snape removed the cloak and asked Draco why he had not known he was there.

“Well, you were invisible.”

“And that matter’s why? What have I been teaching you lately?”

“To sense magical presences around me. I can sense wizards as well?”

“Not really, you can sense that there is a powerful magical being around you, and in Spinner’s End where it is just you and me, it would have been a good guess, now in the room of requirement full of magical beings, it will be a little harder but if you try hard, you can do it.”

“And I take it you cast the spell from under the cloak by barely sticking your wand out then?”

“Yes it’s good to see you aren’t as ignorant as I thought.”

Harry trained day and night for two days with Regulus. Everyday in and out they trained taking turns hiding under the cloaks, and attacking each other by surprise, until Harry could sense where the magical energy was coming from and struck Regulus before he could strike him. The next few days Harry spent fighting magical creatures that Regulus would bring in.

Draco spent a day fighting Snape from under the invisibility cloaks. It took a while but Draco finally mastered sensing the strong magical presence a wizard would give off. They then spent a few days destroying magical creatures and learning how to fight from under the cloak. They sat down to enjoy their breakfast on the following morning.Just then their arms felt that familiar burn that meant Voldemort wanted his Death Eaters around him. They apparated to the graveyard.

“Greetings my loyal death eaters, I’m guessing from the fact that Lucius lost a duel to Potter inside the Chamber of Secrets that my last horcruxes are in danger. So I will need you guys to protect them.” Voldemort began, “From my understanding I have lost three of them already leaving three left. I want my best death eaters protecting them. Snape, I want you to protect Gryffindor’s dagger, it is deep under the House of Gaunt. Malfoy, I want you to protect Hufflepuff’s Cup, it is within the room of requirement, in a room of monsters. That is all you need to know to open it. Make sure you take an invisibility cloak with it. You will go NOW. I will protect my last horcrux myself, my precious snake Nagini.”

“Ok, Harry you are ready much quicker then I would have expected. We go tonight” Regulus said. “By the way, I have heard you know what all the horcruxes are, please tell me what is left, and where you think they are.”

“Well I believe the room of requirement, somewhere near the House of Gaunt, and of course wherever Voldemort is, are the locations of them. What’s left is Hufflepuff’s cup, Gryffindor’s dagger, and Voldemort’s snake Nagini.”

“This is what the prophecy meant, a long time ago, it was prophecied to me that I would train somebody to find and destroy the cup, the dagger, and the snake.”

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2006 09:07 PM