KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Harry Potter Fiction » Harry Potter and the Horcruxes

What do you think
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
LOVE IT 24 61.54%
Its alright 8 20.51%
Needs work 3 7.69%
SUCKS 4 10.26%
Total: 39 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Harry Potter and the Horcruxes
Started by: Regulus A Black

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Regulus A Black
Elder Mormon

Chapter 18: The tail of the worm
Chapter 19: Christmas at the House of Black
Chapter 20: New Headquaters
Chapter 21: Lily's secret
Chapter 22: A horrible end

Old Post Jun 6th, 2006 04:09 PM
Regulus A Black is currently offline Click here to Send Regulus A Black a Private Message Find more posts by Regulus A Black Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godrics
Godrics Hollow

Smile Good work keep going

The story is going great, you need to go in depth in the story to captivate the audience so that they will check for an update every hour.
Expand the marvelous ideas you have and give us a run for our dreams.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2006 04:12 PM
godrics is currently offline Click here to Send godrics a Private Message Find more posts by godrics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regulus A Black
Elder Mormon

Well, the more feedback I get the more I'll write, that is if I'm checking the feedback haha. The more I go into depth, because It seems like now everybody just wants to see the end to my story and don't really care about what happens between now and then.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 01:30 AM
Regulus A Black is currently offline Click here to Send Regulus A Black a Private Message Find more posts by Regulus A Black Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ginny Rules 94
G/H shipper all the way

great story

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 05:43 PM
Ginny Rules 94 is currently offline Click here to Send Ginny Rules 94 a Private Message Find more posts by Ginny Rules 94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regulus A Black
Elder Mormon

Chapter 15
A Tragic Loss

A young man with smooth black hair walked out of his bedroom, down the hall, passing all the house elves heads on the way down to the kitchen. He continued on his way and ran into his older brother, who also was young with black hair, and his friend with shaggy black hair.

“Starting school this year Regulus?” Sirius said “Are you ready?”

“Of course I am, I just hope I don’t get stuck in the same house as you, I hope I’m in Slytherin, instead of stupid Gryffindor.”

“Gryffindor is NOT stupid.” Sirius and James said together. Both Sirius and James were in Gryffindor, and had started school two years previous.

“Sirius, Regulus, come get breakfast, we need to get to King’s Cross station by eleven today, so you don’t miss the train.” Came the voice of Mrs. Black

Regulus and Sirius Black, and James Potter all sat down and ate a quick breakfast before heading up to King’s Cross station. Once on platform nine and three quarters they began to board the scarlet steam engine, known as the Hogwarts express. They all boarded the train together, once on James and Sirius ran off looking for Remus Lupin to join him, leaving Regulus by himself. Regulus began looking for a room to sit in. Finally he found one that had only one other occupant.

“May I sit here?” He asked, the little girl with bug-eyed glasses.

“Yes, my name is Sibyll Trelawney; may I ask who you are?”

“My name is Regulus, Regulus Black.”

“Well hello Regulus, this is my first time to Hogwarts, how bout you?”

“This is my first year as well, although my brother is here somewhere he is a couple years older then me, and in his third year.”

They talked for most of the train ride when something weird began to happen, Sibyll started acting weird and her voice changed. “The cup, the dagger, and the snake must be destroyed to win the war. Regulus Black will train the one. The ways of magical interpretation to the one that will defeat the Dark Lord. After years of hiding where people believe he is dead, he will emerge again to train the one.” Then she snapped out of it.

“The Dark Lord? Who is that?” Regulus asked her.

“What are you talking about? I didn’t saying anything about a Dark Lord.”

“Yes you did, you got all weird, your eyes glossed over and your voice changed and you spoke about a cup, a dagger, and a snake that must be destroyed to win a war. You said I would train the one that would destroy them after people believe I’m dead?”

“I honestly have no idea what you are talking about; I didn’t say anything like that at all.”

Regulus decided she was a little too weird and decided to leave the room and search for another one. But he never would forget the words she said.

A few years later, this same young man with smooth black hair is in his final year at Hogwarts. Rumors of a man calling himself Lord Voldemort are spreading all over the place. The followers call him the Dark Lord. “Is this what was meant? I would train the one that would finally defeat the Dark Lord? Well I don’t care; I’m joining him as soon as I’m out of here.”

“Regulus” came the voice of an old man, his voice was gentle. Regulus turned and looked at the man with a long white beard and hair. His eyes behind his half moon spectacles glowed.

“Professor Dumbledore, what is it?” Regulus said.

“What are your plans after school, the year is almost over, and with the threat of the Dark Lord, I am willing to train all the seventh years myself to protect themselves from him to the best of my ability. Are you interested?”

“Of course Professor” Regulus said, with a look in his eye that said he wouldn’t need protection.

“Great, we will begin tomorrow, meet in the Great Hall after breakfast.”

Regulus turned out to be the only one who was taking these lessons, but since he agreed to do them, he did them. They were rigorous and time consuming, but Dumbledore being the headmaster had Regulus excused from all his classes, telling the teachers that he personally was teaching Regulus. He taught Regulus to fight, and to defend, he taught him only to fight when attacked and defense is doing nothing. Regulus learned a great deal of offense and more then enough defense.

“Now that I have taught you enough to prevail in any duel you ever get in, I will teach you the fine art of magical interpretation, or in other words, being able to sense anything magical around you, including wizards, learning enough of this will allow you to see right through invisibility cloaks, nobody will be able to hide from you.” Dumbledore said

“That would be great.” Regulus said.

“Great, meet me tomorrow in my office at the usual time.” Dumbledore said, and he turned and walked away. Dumbledore went to his office, and dug out his old invisibility cloak. “I’m going to be needing this for the next few lessons” he said to himself.

The next day after breakfast Regulus headed straight to Dumbledore’s office, Dumbledore had sent him the password via the morning owl posts. “Pheonix” he said, and the stone gargoyle sprung to life and he started up the stone staircase to Dumbledore’s office. Once at the top, he knocked on the door and it opened, to his surprise there was nothing in the office, including Dumbledore. Regulus walked around for a few minutes looking for any sign of Dumbledore. Just as he was about to give up he was hit by a paralyzing spell. His arms and legs sprung together and he fell over on the floor.

“Regulus, you must learn to see me when I am under the cloak. It is the only way to be completely defended against almost anything.” Dumbledore told him with fiery passion in is voice.

“You know something don’t you?” Regulus began, “Something that I’m suppose to do”

“I can’t say I do, but I know something is up when we only have one member of the Black family on our side, we want you as well Regulus.” Dumbledore said.

“Well, I don’t think I’ll join either side.” Regulus lied. “I think I’ll just go home and sit there.”

“Well, I will do my best to convince you to join our side, but either way, if you want, I will still train you.”

“Agreed” Regulus said with joy.

The next day Regulus woke up bright and early to get a good breakfast before meeting Dumbledore two hours earlier then normal. On his way down he ran into Sybill Trelawney, who he rarely saw since that day back on the train his first year, she was in Ravenclaw. “Hello” he said, “do you remember me?”

“Can’t say that I do, when did we meet?”

“About seven years ago, on our first day of school.”

“Oh yes, you were the one that mentioned something about the Dark Lord, saying I had said something about him first.”

“You did.” Regulus said, “you said, Regulus Black will train the one to destroy the cup, the dagger and the snake. He will emerge from years of hiding after many believe he is dead. You said I will train him in the ways of magical interpretation, which I don’t know so I don’t see how I can teach it to him.”

“If you say so.” Sybill said. “Well I guess we were right about a Dark Lord. Anyway, I’m gonna be late for divination, it’s a fascinating subject you know.”

“Alright, I need to go meet Dumbledore anyway.” Regulus started walking off, then he heard a familiar voice. He turned and Sybill was just standing there speaking. He caught a little of what he was saying.

“The two that betray the Dark Lord, will die in the quest to destroy him. One will leave and hide for years, the other become a spy. The one to leave will be the first to die. He will die at the hands of the most loyal servants son. The spy will die protecting the one from the Dark Lord.”

“The two that betray the Dark Lord will die in the quest to destroy him?” Regulus said to himself. “This is all really weird.” After all that was over, Regulus continued on his way to Dumbledore’s office never forgetting what she said.

A few years later, this same young man with smooth black hair, was standing in the presence of the Dark Lord. “Regulus Black, you are a very skilled fighter, in both defense and offense. You will make a great addition to my team of Death Eaters, you have skills few wizards have, you can sense magical frequencies making it easy for you to protect my horcruxes. Put out your arm.” Regulus did as he was told, and the Dark Lord inscribed the Dark Mark onto his arm.

Regulus then kissed the hem of his new masters robes, then apparated home. He had all the information he now needed. Dumbledore had taught him everything to protect himself including occlumency so the Dark Lord could not see into his mind. He sat there and thought for a while, why would he do that to Dumbledore, how could he have betrayed him after all he had done for him. Weeks went by, Regulus was out killing innocent people, and dueling other death eaters when the Dark Lord asked him to kill them. Regulus since he had be trained so well rarely got a scratch on him. Then one day as he was out doing the bidding of the Dark Lord he ran into a familiar friend.

“Regulus,” came the soft voice of Albus Dumbledore, “don’t let the Dark Lord cloud your mind, you are better then this, I can set you free, I can protect you.”

“NO” Regulus shouted, “don’t make me kill you, get out of my way.”

“I WILL NOT LET YOU HURT ANYONE ELSE REGULUS.”

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 07:44 PM
Regulus A Black
Elder Mormon

“Fine you will die” Regulus began attacking Dumbledore. The battle was hard, and Dumbledore never once got hit or fired a spell at Regulus, the whole time he only talked. “If you want to kill me then kill me, but hear me out first Regulus. I know what happened to you your first day on the train to Hogwarts, I know we will need you. Just today I had that same girl leave a prophesy with me, she was applying for a teaching postion at Hogwarts. She told me the one will be born when the seventh month dies. To parents who have defied Voldemort three times, we need you to train him to defeat him. The Dark Lord shows no mercy, if you even so hint as not doing his will you will die, I can protect you though. Come with me Regulus.”

Regulus dropped his wand. He thought about all the things the prophesies he had received had said. There would be two that betrayed the Dark Lord, none had done so far unless of course the spy had already done so. Anyway he was still afraid. “Fine what are we going to do?”

“In a week, I will set it up to fake your death, I will send you a letter the day before telling you everything you will need to know. Now go.”

Six days later Regulus was out fighting for the Dark Lord to cover for what was about to happen, when he received an owl. He took this as his sign to leave, he disapparated away. When he reappeared he was in a tropical island, it was deserted, nobody was there, no animals were there either. Once there he read the letter Dumbledore had written.

Regulus, the act happens tonight at 10, everybody will believe you are dead, including Lord Voldemort. You must not send any owl’s or do anything concering magic in the area you are now in. I will not be sending you anymore letters until it is time for you to emerge. Stay up on your magical things, when you sense a magical presence coming your way you must leave and go somewhere new, nobody can find out you are still alive. Thank you for the information concerning the Horcruxes. It will be very useful. Your friend Albus Dumbledore.

Regulus agreed to what the letter had said, but he had one last thing to do. He went to the cave where he knew a Horcrux was. He went into the cave, through all the barriers that Voldemort had set up, and retrieved the locket. Not knowing how to destroy it, he took it back to his house and hid it in the drawing room. “this should make it easier for them to find it now” he said to himself, and he apparated back to the tropical island.

“Professor, are you still coming with me to guard my horcrux since you have your own to guard?” Draco asked.

“No, I know better then to disobey the Dark Lord. I will go and guard the Horcrux as he has asked.”

“So I have to face it alone?”

“Yes, but from what I’ve taught you and what you told me about the dream, you will fair just fine.”

Draco left for Hogwarts right then, he apparated to Hogsmeade, then under the invisibility cloak made his way up the once familiar path to Hogwarts castle. Once inside the castle he made his way to the room of requirement, and entered it just as his master had commanded him. He was very careful not to bump anything or step on any creatures so he could safely make it to the horcrux which was in the very back of the second room which was filled with even more creatures. Once in a place he thought was good enough he stopped and waited.

Harry and Regulus hid under their respective cloaks and headed toward the room of requirement, being careful to not disturb anybody on their way. Once outside the room of requirement, they slowly prepared themselves to go in, after walking around the room while thinking about monsters, they entered it.
“My God” Regulus thought, “there is way more in here then I expected. There are werewolves, acromantulas, boggarts, dragons, hinkypunks, doxies, chimeras, fire crabs, trolls, yetis, sphinxes, kappas, and a basilisk. There were dragon’s of all sorts at least one of every kind mainly Antipodean Opaleye’s, Chinese Fireball’s (sometimes known as Liondragon), Common Welsh Green’s, Hebridean Black’s, Hungarian Horntail’s, Norwegian Ridgeback’s, Peruvian Vipertooth’s, Romanian Longhorn’s, Swedish Short-Snout’s, and Ukrainian Ironbelly’s.”
They began slowly crossing the room destroying creatures along their way making sure not to draw attention to themselves knowing that Draco was more then likely in here. They also didn’t want the creatures to know they were there. “STUPEFY” they yelled together as they reached one of the Acromantula’s aiming it right at its underside. “SECTEMSEMPRA” Harry yelled after stunning it. It wasn’t long before the creature was dead. Harry felt a little bad for doing it since it hadn’t done anything to him.
Then Harry heard something “I smell blood.”
“Did you hear that?” he asked Regulus.
“Hear what?”
“It must be the basilisk then, it can smell us.”
Harry was careful and slowly moved around, “We must kill it together before it gets the chance to kill us” he said.

“Right” Regulus agreed.

They slowly walked around looking for the basilisk. Destroying any creatures they met on their way. Finally they saw it moving, they leapt toward it both shouting “SECTEMSEMPRA” both spells hit the giant snake on its underside huge gashes appeared all over it, it eventually died from loss of blood.

The noise from the basilisk dying alerted Draco who started moving around again looking for the disturbance. He was making sure to not make any noise or destroy any of the creatures. Just then he bumped into something he hadn’t seen. He invisibility cloak fell off, and the creatures started toward him. He started fighting them all off. Harry who couldn’t let him fight alone started fighting as well and to fight to his full ability threw off his invisibility cloak.

After most of the creatures were defeated Draco got a huge smile on his face, he turned to face Harry and then he yelled “SPEBEREL” a jet of violent orange and purple light erupted from his wand. Regulus had seen the change in Draco’s face and knew something was up. “STUPEFY” he said as he dove in front of Harry. Regulus’s spell hit Draco square in the chest just as Draco’s spell hit Regulus square in the chest. Regulus fell to the ground writhing in pain as huge cuts appeared all over him. The noise alerted Harry who turned after he finished off the last dragon by himself, there he saw Draco’s stunned body on the ground, he bound him, then he saw something horrible, he looked over at Regulus’s dead body, Harry was to late to heal him.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 07:46 PM
Sirius_Rulez

THAT WAS SO SO SO SO GR8, ITS ONE OF THE BEST STORIES I'VE READ SO FAR,
and so very very sad how Regulus dies

of course I was

Old Post Jun 8th, 2006 06:59 AM
Sirius_Rulez is currently offline Click here to Send Sirius_Rulez a Private Message Find more posts by Sirius_Rulez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regulus A Black
Elder Mormon

ok, i'm gonna put up a disclaimer at this point in my story,

DISCLAIMER: IF YOU WANT TO READ A STORY WERE FEW PEOPLE DIE DO NOT READ MINE, AT THIS POINT I PLAN ON KILLING LOTS MORE CHARACTERS, IN FACT ONLY THE WEASLEY TWINS ARE SAFE MAINLY CAUSE THEY ARE AWESOME.

but the good news is, nobody else should die before Christmas. Christmas in the story that is.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2006 07:13 PM
Sirius_Rulez

im still going to read it no matter how many ppl die cause i really like dis story

of course I was

Old Post Jun 8th, 2006 09:46 PM
Sirius_Rulez is currently offline Click here to Send Sirius_Rulez a Private Message Find more posts by Sirius_Rulez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hplver4life

omg i just read urstoryand it's really good keep it up

Old Post Jun 9th, 2006 03:07 AM
hplver4life is currently offline Click here to Send hplver4life a Private Message Find more posts by hplver4life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regulus A Black
Elder Mormon

To My Loyal Readers

I have a quick question that will determine the outcome of the story as of right now, and by that I mean the next two chapters. As I have them now, they are just visuals in my head, i'm a very visually minded person, they will be two short chapters without dialouge, so my loyal readers I ask you, do you want me to do two short chapters without the dialouge or pull out plan b and combine chapter 16 and 17 and change the beginning of 16 providing proper dialouge throughout the entire chapter and a chapter of length that I usually have, Please respond to this ASAP with your opinion, remember your opinion matters. that said

RIP RAB

I'm out

Old Post Jun 10th, 2006 02:37 AM
Sirius_Rulez

i think ill go wit plan b cause i like reading long chapters of stories.
cant wait to c wat happens next in the story, its gr8

of course I was

Old Post Jun 10th, 2006 05:35 AM
Mønkey
The Note

Yes I agree plan B sounds good 'cause I too like reading long long chapters!

HUGS for Regulus A Black for UPDATING!!!

~eek! Join me in my war on lampshades eek!~

Old Post Jun 10th, 2006 11:07 AM
Mønkey is currently offline Click here to Send Mønkey a Private Message Find more posts by Mønkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hplver4life

plan b works i don't really care i just love ur story

Old Post Jun 10th, 2006 03:47 PM
hplver4life is currently offline Click here to Send hplver4life a Private Message Find more posts by hplver4life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regulus A Black
Elder Mormon

ok, looks like its plan b then so here is the new chapter list

Chapter 16: The Flaming Floor
Chapter 17: The tail of the worm
Chapter 18: Christmas at the House of Black
Chapter 19: New Headquaters
Chapter 20: Lily's secret
Chapter 21: A horrible end

Old Post Jun 10th, 2006 10:21 PM
Regulus A Black
Elder Mormon

I'll have it up by Tuesday morning with that said

RIP RAB

btw that will be my new sig after leaving personal messages that aren't story material

Old Post Jun 10th, 2006 10:31 PM
Sirius_Rulez

i cant wait, its going to b so awsome

of course I was

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 09:35 PM
Regulus A Black
Elder Mormon

alright, so i'm a little behind i had to do some stuff yesterday and didn't get to write as much as i had wanted to, but ina couple hours it should be up, i'm halfway through what chapter 17 would be, it is currently 6 pages long, with two extra things added that I never would have place in if I hadn't changed the beginning, it doesn't change the story, just when things happened.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2006 06:01 PM
Regulus A Black
Elder Mormon

Chapter 16
The Flaming Floor

Harry leaned over Regulus’s body and remembered the times they had, had together, and he also began to remember the times he had had with his Godfather Sirius. His eyes filled with tears, and Harry Potter began to cry for his lost friend. “I don’t have time now” he thought, “I must get this Horcrux.” Harry decided he would come back later and finish this quest but for now he would take Regulus’s body out of the room and go see Ron and Hermione. He just left Draco’s stunned and bound body there.

Harry left the room of requirement and headed straight to the Gryffindor common room, with Regulus’s dead body floating behind him. He burst straight through the door and found Ron and Hermione snogging in the common room which they had cleared with one of the twins’ stink bombs.

“Ron, Hermione” he yelled. “I have something urgent to tell you. It’s about Regulus.”

“He’s dead” Hermione and Ron said together.

“Yeah, how’d you know?” Harry said who had forgotten he had Regulus’ dead body floating behind him.

“Well his body is right behind you.” Ron said. “What happened?”

“Draco killed him,” Harry said, “Draco was trying to kill me and Regulus dove in front of me and was hit instead. But he stunned Draco just before he was killed. I turned around at all the noise and saw Draco’s stunned body so I bound him just in case, and by the time I saw Regulus’s body it was too late, he was already dead.”

“What should we do then?”

“Well I was going to take his body back to the House of Black and bury it there, and with Christmas break in a week I figure we can have the funeral then.”

“Sounds good, did you get the Horcrux yet?” Ron asked

“No I found this more urgent, I’m headed back now, and you guys cannot come with me, it’s too dangerous. I will not put you guys at risk; this is something I must do on my own, for Regulus.” Harry said proudly.

“Right”

Harry ran back to the room of requirement and reentered the room. He looked around the room at all the dead creatures. “There were more then I had originally thought” he said to himself looking at all the dead creatures. He looked around and noticed Draco’s body was missing. “Oh well not to worry about that right now” he said to himself.

Harry began walking toward the back of the room, avoiding the dead creatures as he walked. Finally he approached the back wall; he began searching along the wall for a door to the next room. He found nothing. “Well only one thing to do then” he thought, and he began concentrating on what the room wanted to reveal its door. He walked all along the wall while concentrating as hard as he could, finally he figured it out, it wanted a claw from every dragon, and a fang from the basilisk. Harry slowly walked back across the room to the place where the first dragon lay dead; he used a severing charm to cut off a claw. He then proceeded to do the same with the rest of the dragons and the basilisk’s fang.

After retrieving all the claws and the fang, Harry proceeded back to the wall, then he concentrated even harder to determine the order they were to go in. After figuring out the order starting with the Horntail’s claw and ending with the basilisk fang, Harry stuck them into the wall one by one. After the basilisk fang was in, the door appeared. Harry went over to it and tried to open it, but it was locked. “Now what” he thought? So he began to concentrate really hard on what it wanted. This time it wanted a scale from each dragon. After placing all the scales on the door, it swung open. The room behind the door was also filled with creatures.

“Great” Harry said to himself. “I’m gonna have to fight through this room alone”

“No you won’t” came the voice of Ron from behind him. Harry turned around and saw Ron, Hermione and Ginny all standing there.

“I said this was too dangerous for you guys to come along especially Ginny” Harry shouted. “I will not let you come with me.”

“Too bad mate, we are coming whether you like it or not.” Ron said.

“STUPEFY” Harry shouted with his wand pointed at Ginny.

“PROTEGO” Ginny said, and it blocked the spell.

“We are coming” Ginny said.

“Fine I’ll make a deal with you, help me clear this room, then you guys leave.” Harry said.

“Agreed” Ron said with his finger crossed behind his back. Harry had been expecting something like this and had a plan once most of the creatures were down. He would stun his three friends then levitate them out of the room.

Harry walked over to the place where he had found Regulus’s body and retrieved his and Regulus’s invisibility cloaks then gave them Hermione and Ginny. “Why don’t I get one?” Ron asked.

“Because there is only two and the girls need them more.” Harry said. “Ginny, Hermione in order to attack from underneath the cloak, barely stick the tip of your wand out. That way nothing will notice a thing. Except me of course who can sense where you guys are at all times.”

“Ok.” They said, and they hid themselves under the cloak. Ginny and Hermione proceeded to enter the room first while Ron and Harry waited to go in. Harry and Ron waited about three seconds before going in for fear the girls would get hurt. They burst through the door and were immediately confronted by a boggart. The boggart facing Harry turned into a dementor. Harry and Ron could feel the Happiness being sucked out of them.

“EXPECTO PATRONUM” Harry shouted and a brilliant silver stag erupted from his wand and chased it away. The boggart then turned to face Ron. It turned into a giant acromantula. Ron who was extremely scared of spiders backed up a bit. Then mustering all the courage he could he yelled “RIDDIKULUS” the spider lost all its legs and started rolling all over the place, both Harry and Ron laughed, and then boom, it disappeared.

They looked around and noticed that a few of the other creatures had been stunned. “I guess the girls are doing a good job” Ron said.

“Yes they are.” Harry agreed, “they are right over there” Harry said pointing to a corner that was surrounded by stunned monsters. Harry and Ron fought their way over there to meet with the girls.

“You guys seem to be doing well” Ron said.

“Well they can’t see us.” Ginny replied, “that’s the only reason.”

Old Post Jun 13th, 2006 10:19 PM
Regulus A Black
Elder Mormon

The rest of the creatures now noticed that Harry and Ron were there. They began to attack. Ginny and Hermione took this as a sign to help as much as they could so they threw off the cloaks so they wouldn’t be so restricted while fighting. They all worked together to stop the dragons. They fought together and to their surprise Ron went down. “This works to my advantage” Harry thought, “I can get rid of them easier this way.” “Hermione, Ginny” he said, “Get Ron and get out of here. I’ll be fine on my own from here.” And of course he was right, or at least he thought, he finished off the rest of the creatures in the room, but that was just the beginning.

Hermione and Ginny grabbed Ron and ran out of the room, he had been hit by a dragon and had a serious injury on his leg. “We need to get him to the hospital wing as quickly as we can.” Hermione said.

Harry watched them leave, then he turned and faced the other side of the room, and there he saw it, the one thing he had been looking for since he arrived in the room. The dagger shined in the light. Harry walked over to it ready to take it. The dagger was just sitting there on a pedestal just ready for the taking. “That can’t have been all the traps Voldemort set.” He reached over and grabbed it. “I guess that was it” he said.
Just then the room started to shake violently Harry dropped the dagger. The spot where the dagger landed opened up wide and the dagger disappeared. “it was a fake” he said, “but it opened up another room. I guess only one thing left to do.” So preparing himself for anything that was to come, Harry jumped into the hole. Harry slid down a tunnel which seemed like forever. When he reached the bottom, he was in a place that looked familiar, but couldn’t have been. “I’m way too far away from the chamber of secrets, how can I be in it. There is no way this is it, unless of course he built this one just to hide the dagger.”

The room he was in was a small stone room that looked like the little room where they had found Percy’s dead body only a few days ago. There was nothing in this room, Harry wondered where he needed to go from here, but unlike the room as it was in the chamber, there was only one door. “Well I guess I need to go through that door.” Harry said to himself. Harry opened the door, and again found himself in a familiar room. This time it was huge and it appeared to be swarming with creatures as well, luckily Harry had grabbed a cloak before the girls took Ron and left. Harry walked out a little and turned to see that he had walked out of a giant statue of Slytherin.

“Great,” he said to himself, “this room is huge and filled with creatures; I’ll never find the horcrux in here.” Just then he noticed something in the far right hand corner of the room. He saw a glint of light, and knew that was where the horcrux was. “Found at last” he said. “The question is, how I get there, I bet this room is swarming with traps and all the creatures pose a problem as well.

Harry slowly started across the room stunning and killing creatures on his way, as he got closer he suddenly heard something, actually it was about ten something’s, all of them saying the exact same thing, “I smell blood.”

Harry panicked he had no idea what to do. He had only ever dealt with one basilisk at a time. The first time, he had somebody blind it and had had a sword, and the second time he had somebody else to help boost the power of the spells. This time it was just him, and there were ten basilisks. He closed his eye and sent a couple spells at one, nothing happened. Then he had an idea. “ACCIO MIRROR” the two way mirror that Sirius had given him zoomed right into his hand. “ENGORGIO” he said pointing his wand at the mirror. The mirror grew to enormous size.

He placed the mirror out then sent spells toward the basilisk to get its attention. The basilisk zoomed in that direction right toward the mirror. Then it saw its own reflection and it became instantly paralyzed. He then proceeded to do the same thing for the other nine basilisks. The question now was, could he look them in the eyes without dying. Harry jumped out from behind the mirror with his eyes closed, he opened his eyes and saw the two yellow eyes of the basilisk, he fell over dead.

Draco was pacing back and forth back at spinner’s end, he had failed to protect the horcrux, but he had succeeded in killing Regulus Black. What was he going to do, he couldn’t go back and tell his master he had failed to protect the horcrux but he had succeeded in killing Regulus, although that was an accident, he had intended to hit Harry then heal him just to scare him off. When Regulus jumped in the way and stunned him, it made Draco a murderer, although he really wasn’t. Just then his arm burned red hot.

“I can’t go” he said to himself, “I’m protecting the horcrux as far as the Dark Lord knows, so I can’t come.” Excusing himself from telling the Dark Lord he had failed. Just then Snape apparated right by him. “Draco, don’t go” he said.

“I wasn’t going to.” Draco replied.

“I know what happened back in the room of requirement.”

“How do you know?”

“I have my ways, but you must use the skills I’ve taught you when you go back to the Dark Lord, become a spy for the Order just like I am.”

“I thought you weren’t a spy” Draco said, “you’ve been telling me you weren’t since we left Hogwarts last year.”

“I wasn’t sure I could trust you yet to keep it secret, and now that you are in the same position I am, with the same skills, I knew I could trust you.” Snape said

“Okay, what do we do?”

“Well we don’t go this time because we are protecting the Horcruxes, but if it burns again soon it means he wants us, then we go, and we say since we left our position to come to his side, is when the Horcrux was found.” Just then the Dark Mark burned again. Snape and Draco apparated to the graveyard to Lord Voldemort’s side.

“Why didn’t you two come when the Mark burned the first time?”

“Master, we thought it unwise to leave our posts of protecting the horcruxes as you asked.” Snape said, “but now you have made it seem more urgent that we came right away, sorry master.”

“Is this true Draco?” Lord Voldemort asked

“Yes master”

“In that case I will allow it because you were doing as I had previously asked, but know from now on, when the mark burns come immediately whether you are doing something for me or not.
“Now I have something that has come to my attention, apparently we now know where the Order’s headquarters are thanks to Bellatrix. We will plan out our attack and go on Christmas when they will least expect it. I will not go, it is not worth the risk, but I expect all of you to go, except for Draco and Snape who will still be guarding the Horcruxes.”

Old Post Jun 13th, 2006 10:21 PM