KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Some info on Frodo

Some info on Frodo
Started by: Mersie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dexx
wingless

it's deffenetley in the movie mersie...but i didn't read the english version of lotr..so i can't tell if it's in the books..it probably is.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2002 04:11 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

lol going on about unimportant parts is a thing most fantasy writters do

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Dec 13th, 2002 04:26 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

but those unimportant details make all the atmosphere and remain after you've finished reading it

Old Post Dec 13th, 2002 08:02 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

indeed. what is an "unimportant part" ? everything in every book can be seen on as unimportant details, but without it the book would be something like this; "Frodo got the ring and won in the end".

Old Post Dec 13th, 2002 08:27 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

this reminds me of that 30 seconds version...where was it now? hmm...

Old Post Dec 13th, 2002 08:33 PM
Julie
The Student

That's it...that's all you wanted...I can't say anything though ...becuase I would have thought underwood too until you said something.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2002 11:27 PM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mersie

Yea, the movie.
Mersie

Old Post Dec 14th, 2002 10:09 AM
Mersie is currently offline Click here to Send Mersie a Private Message Find more posts by Mersie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

mah, you know what I mean, tolkien describes a lot of things very detailed, other novels dont do this atleast most of them dont do that

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Dec 15th, 2002 02:03 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

oh but there are lots who do. and I wouldn't call them unimportant

Old Post Dec 15th, 2002 03:00 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

well..that's what makes a book a bestseller and sepparates Tolkien from other writers

Old Post Dec 15th, 2002 04:29 PM
Senga

Hi Everyone, I have just joined the forum.

I found this forum while searching for answers to the questions on LOTR competition. I have found it very helpful. So thought I would share my answers too.

Mersie did you ever get answer to the last Anagram on Task 7? I gave up on that one for ages but I found the answer today. It really had me beat, every now and then I revisited it.

"Long is gloom if in"

Tthis is the page that gave the clue I needed. Let's see if you can figure it out.. if not just post a message and I shall give you the answer. I think you get more of a buzz when you work it out for yourself though
:-)
http://www.theonering.net/movie/char/gimli.html

I'm still working on that silly puzzle .. broke the code ok and can help with that if you need it

Old Post Dec 21st, 2002 12:40 AM
Senga is currently offline Click here to Send Senga a Private Message Find more posts by Senga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

welcome to the forums, senga!

Old Post Dec 21st, 2002 12:47 AM
Mersie

Hi Senga
I'm up to date on everything at the moment, just finished the code thingy, tried to log onto the site yesterday but it would only load to 90% and then just sat there and wouldn't load anymore so gave up untill just now.
Is anybody else doing the competition?
Hope you all have a nice Christmas and New Year.
Mersie

Old Post Dec 21st, 2002 05:12 AM
Mersie is currently offline Click here to Send Mersie a Private Message Find more posts by Mersie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senga

Where in australia are you from mersie? I'm in Brisbane

Old Post Dec 21st, 2002 05:36 AM
Senga is currently offline Click here to Send Senga a Private Message Find more posts by Senga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

hey there...
didn't try that contest in the end....anyway..i don't like anagrams very much

Old Post Dec 21st, 2002 06:00 AM
Mersie

Wellington NSW, it's a Rural town between Dubbo and Orange.
What part of Brisbane do you live in?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2002 06:05 AM
Senga

Moorooka South side :-)

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2002 03:04 AM
pdunlap

"Back, you devils!" (Sam to the Ringwraiths)
Mersie, at Weathertop, Task 7, did you get the 2nd anagram?
Pdunlap

Old Post Dec 25th, 2002 05:33 AM
pdunlap is currently offline Click here to Send pdunlap a Private Message Find more posts by pdunlap Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mersie

Yes, I've got all the tasks finished so far, but don't remember what they were.
Mersie

Old Post Dec 25th, 2002 09:14 AM
Belguimrocks

Wow...It seems to me that most of these questions are from the movie. Considering in the book Frodo doesnt get the mithril vest from Bilbo, the same way as in the movie. smile... I read the second book and watched the movie...big dissapointment(the chopped the book up). But I still absolutely loved the movie... Anymore questions Mersie? I wanna get in on answering them

Old Post Dec 27th, 2002 06:32 PM
Belguimrocks is currently offline Click here to Send Belguimrocks a Private Message Find more posts by Belguimrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote