KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » How many skyfathers can Galactus beat?

How many skyfathers can Galactus beat?
Started by: UKR

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset
Odin is nothing to a Celestial, Galactus is at least on a Celestial's level under normal circumstances.

all due respect--that's flat out wrong. under normal circumstances, celestials>>galactus. given average showings that is. unless you think thanos can knock a celestial on its arse as easily . . . and THAT was a 'well fed' galactus . . . i won't bother comparing high and low feats of odin and galactus. not necessary and it never does any good due to the variabilty of their portrayals. everyone goes by that one skyfather/celestial showing in thor 300. anyone ever mention that maybe, just MAYBE THAT showing was pis . . .?

and mephisto can and has been portrayed in many ways as well. just as thor has at times challenged him, he's melted ss effortlessly, cruched thor AND all the avengers without effort and obliterated strange in hell.

if this is a 'general version' of galactus, one odin level being would be enough challenge him--not beat him necessarily, but challenge him for certain.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 09:35 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by leonidas
all due respect--that's flat out wrong. under normal circumstances, celestials>>galactus. given average showings that is. unless you think thanos can knock a celestial on its arse as easily . . . and THAT was a 'well fed' galactus . . . i won't bother comparing high and low feats of odin and galactus. not necessary and it never does any good due to the variabilty of their portrayals. everyone goes by that one skyfather/celestial showing in thor 300. anyone ever mention that maybe, just MAYBE THAT showing was pis . . .?

and mephisto can and has been portrayed in many ways as well. just as thor has at times challenged him, he's melted ss effortlessly, cruched thor AND all the avengers without effort and obliterated strange in hell.

if this is a 'general version' of galactus, one odin level being would be enough challenge him--not beat him necessarily, but challenge him for certain.
When Thanos knocked over Galactus and didn't do any actually damage you mean, yea he was hungry and pretty weak.

What exactly is the general version of Galactus?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 09:38 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

When Thanos knocked over Galactus and didn't do any actually damage you mean, yea he was hungry and pretty weak.

The one that gets owned by thing, held by Annihilus, knocked over by Thanos, trapped, maimed, hungry, out prepped by Tyrant.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 09:39 PM
fangirl101 is currently offline Click here to Send fangirl101 a Private Message Find more posts by fangirl101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by fangirl101
The one that gets owned by thing, held by Annihilus, knocked over by Thanos, trapped, maimed, hungry, out prepped by Tyrant.
*sigh*

Please have an intelligent post the next time you reply to me.

You even give widely varied levels of power in your estimation of general Galactus...

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 09:41 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

*sigh*

Please have an intelligent post the next time you reply to me.

You even give widely varied levels of power in your estimation of general Galactus...

I know. That was just to irk you.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 09:42 PM
fangirl101 is currently offline Click here to Send fangirl101 a Private Message Find more posts by fangirl101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

sure

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 09:43 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

all due respect--that's flat out wrong--again. i could post the scan where thanos observed that galactus was fell nourished. i won't bother. and a general level is the galactus that is most often seen. i can post a sky-father level being (surtur) destroying a galaxy. how many times have we seen g do that? i'd love for you post post all your "galactus=celestial level" feats. you know, just for kicks. smile

skyfathers get a bad wrap. but everyone--including galactus--has bad showings. LOADS of them. and any showings that put him at 'celestial level' are very clearly the minority. so i go back to my original supposition--it would take a VERY powerful galactus to do what so many here are claiming he could do. a galactus we do NOT see very often (at all) in books.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 09:49 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I'll try to do an approximation of how often Galactus is actually impressive and how often he jobs when I revise his feats.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 09:53 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bentley
I'll try to do an approximation of how often Galactus is actually impressive and how often he jobs when I revise his feats.

He's hardly impressive in battle. He got pwned by T and A whom Silver Surfer defeated.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:00 PM
Utrigita

He's hardly impressive in battle. He got pwned by T and A whom Silver Surfer defeated.

By a Plot Device called the Crunch? If you failed to notice it Tenebrous and Aegis completely manhandle Surfer prior to him riding the crunch.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:03 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

all due respect--that's flat out wrong--again. i could post the scan where thanos observed that galactus was fell nourished. i won't bother. and a general level is the galactus that is most often seen. i can post a sky-father level being (surtur) destroying a galaxy. how many times have we seen g do that? i'd love for you post post all your "galactus=celestial level" feats. you know, just for kicks. smile

skyfathers get a bad wrap. but everyone--including galactus--has bad showings. LOADS of them. and any showings that put him at 'celestial level' are very clearly the minority. so i go back to my original supposition--it would take a VERY powerful galactus to do what so many here are claiming he could do. a galactus we do NOT see very often (at all) in books.

A celestial has been "harmed" by Thor's god blast. Thanos beats Thor.

Its true that Galactus is not much of a warrior, Galan was holding his ground against Tenebrous.

A hell of a showing for Surfer though.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:05 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UKR
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Utrigita
Probably the same as with Silver Age Superman to much power, I mean in those days half of Odin's power could destroy the universe maybe that's a bit of a overkill for a being that is working with Mortals, and is maximum dealing with something up to a galaxy level threat.

Because that is what Kirby decided would be the case when he introduced Galactus. Remember it was never Kirby's intention to involve Galactus on the level that he has been in comics since his creation. From what I have read Kirby intended him to be something along the lines of the Celestials but he was simply to popular with the readers.

Half of Odin's power could destroy the universe? Since when?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:10 PM
UKR is currently offline Click here to Send UKR a Private Message Find more posts by UKR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

A assesment made in the Astral Plan to be correct, earlier in the story before Galactus stats that he depleted vital energy to destroy all of Thanos Forcefields.

When have we seen A Celestial destroying a Galaxy? Never if I recall correctly, do we however have the statement from Kubik concerning the Celestials and Galactus that places them above him in terms of power? Yes we do.

The Celestials when looking at it have done surprinsingly little themselves, I can think of five Certain incidents showing their power and that's it. The Battle against the Destroyer, The Battle Against Thor, The closing of the access to Franklins Pocket universe, Throwing around planets in IG Saga, The confrontations with the three skyfathers.

The real difference between the Celestials and Galactus is that Galactus has many more appearances then the Celestials if the Celestials had been used to the extent that Galactus has then I would say that they would have some rather bad feats too.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:15 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by UKR
Half of Odin's power could destroy the universe? Since when?

Since before the retcon of Odin's evil half, changing the Evil to have been tapping into the Aspects infinity's power, not using Odin's power. Anyway that is how I understood it...

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:17 PM
zeel

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Without Odin, they cannot win. With Odin they might have a shot to hurt him. Also, it depends how strong Galactus is. If he is hungry they will kill him. If he is okay(not hungry not full) they got a shot. If he is full, then may all of Hell run in fear because they will meet the Skyfathers.

Ya know this is kinda laughable. Skyfathers cant beat galactus but sentery can stalemate him lol. Or at least some think he can stalemate him.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:19 PM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Utrigita
A assesment made in the Astral Plan to be correct, earlier in the story before Galactus stats that he depleted vital energy to destroy all of Thanos Forcefields.

When have we seen A Celestial destroying a Galaxy? Never if I recall correctly, do we however have the statement from Kubik concerning the Celestials and Galactus that places them above him in terms of power? Yes we do.

The Celestials when looking at it have done surprinsingly little themselves, I can think of five Certain incidents showing their power and that's it. The Battle against the Destroyer, The Battle Against Thor, The closing of the access to Franklins Pocket universe, Throwing around planets in IG Saga, The confrontations with the three skyfathers.

The real difference between the Celestials and Galactus is that Galactus has many more appearances then the Celestials if the Celestials had been used to the extent that Galactus has then I would say that they would have some rather bad feats too.

so he goes from 'well nourished' to . . . less than ( confused ) --to the point where thanos can send him flying--because he used power to break thanos's forcefield?? and you think he can somehow stay strong enough (assuming he started at that high a level to begin with . . .) to destroy multiple skyfathers? blink

your observation is more of an indictment than i could have come up with on my own . . .

and of course the celestials have a couple low showings as well--if you're talking about celestials 'in general' as opposed to singular celestials. i never claimed different. the thread wants to know how many skyfathers g could beat. at average showings, he'd have his hands full with one.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:46 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Bentley
A celestial has been "harmed" by Thor's god blast. Thanos beats Thor.

blink

anyway . . .

if you really wanted to 'hurt' me with your argument you should have used the sue example instead, btw . . .

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:48 PM
Bentley
Seitei

blink

anyway . . .

if you really wanted to 'hurt' me with your argument you should have used the sue example instead, btw . . .

Well, that would've been clear PIS. Also, lets face the facts that the godblast has never been compared with Thanos. Is within the realm of possibilities that one of Thanos best shots -after his upgrades- are in godblast levels.

Of course, I'm getting that out of nowhere, but its for the sake of the argument.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:53 PM
redhotrash

Galactus has been getting pretty badly mistreated by the writers. Same thing with Eternity. The guy is meant to be the living embodiment of the universe, and hes consistantly made to be the damsel in distress. Does anyone have a single impressive showing from eternity?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:58 PM
redhotrash is currently offline Click here to Send redhotrash a Private Message Find more posts by redhotrash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

so he goes from 'well nourished' to . . . less than ( confused ) --to the point where thanos can send him flying--because he used power to break thanos's forcefield?? and you think he can somehow stay strong enough (assuming he started at that high a level to begin with . . .) to destroy multiple skyfathers? blink

your observation is more of an indictment than i could have come up with on my own . . .

and of course the celestials have a couple low showings as well--if you're talking about celestials 'in general' as opposed to singular celestials. i never claimed different. the thread wants to know how many skyfathers g could beat. at average showings, he'd have his hands full with one.

I have no idea on how he moved from well fed to Low on Power, all I can say is that perhaps Thanos assesment wasn't entirely correct based on the sudden drop in power Because somehow based on Galactus previous showings I find it hard to believe that he went from Well fed to Starving by destroying Thanos forcefields. Annihilation Six where Galactus badly weakened destroyed a watcher, last time I checked a Watcher was above Skyfather...

I just find it strange that you are asking for a feat for Galactus destroying a Galaxy on his own when the Celestials have failed to done that too... I can however provide a Scan of Galactus teleporting a Galaxy...

Few and very far between. Can you mention a low feat for them beside the obvious with Sue? And the average Skyfather is what to be exact at Odin's level? Ore at Zeus level when he couldn't defeat Zuras?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 11:06 PM