KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Griffin versus the Decepticons.....

Griffin versus the Decepticons.....
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Ok, heres a list of Decepticons for each scenario:

Scenario 1:
Megatron
Starscream
Barricade
Frenzy: Just for laughs
Brawl
Scorponok: That's the name of the Decepticon in the desert, yes?
Bonecrusher
Blackout
And every Decepticon shown in ROTF, minus the Fallen and Devastator.

Scenario two:
Same as above, but include the Fallen and Devastator.

Dude, it takes only one hit from any of the above to turn the Leprechaun into porridge.

You really think he's going to be popping in and out so fast while trying to target a Decepticon that has enough momemtum as so he could teleport it into a volcano without ever being tagged by anyone one of them? Really, really?

Also, Griffon was hit before, remember the scar on his neck, from a previous battle he almost didn't escape from. If humans with cable-hooks can hit him, super-robots with an array of blasters, missiles and explosives can.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 09:26 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Not even. The Decepticons huddle up so that Griff has to get close, then dash as Blackout unleashes the attack. Rinse, repeat.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 09:27 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Just had a thought, RJ. The robots have a high enough heat resistance to survive orbital entry, volcano heat isn't likely to harm them.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 09:42 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, that pretty much settles that.

Another concessionless debate over with.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 09:47 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh well, I'm sure there would be a way to kill them. One thing's for sure, they'll never catch him.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 01:13 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here's a thought. Upon watching Transformers again, I watched the scene very closely where they entered Earths atmosphere. They weren't in robotic form, they were in some type of shell form, only their heavily armored parts were exposed. This implies that there are certain parts of a transformers body that would not be able to survive the heat. Also, we are talking about being totally submerged in volcanic lava, dude.

Thread still open yes

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 01:19 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Dude, it takes only one hit from any of the above to turn the Leprechaun into porridge.

You really think he's going to be popping in and out so fast while trying to target a Decepticon that has enough momemtum as so he could teleport it into a volcano without ever being tagged by anyone one of them? Really, really?

Also, Griffon was hit before, remember the scar on his neck, from a previous battle he almost didn't escape from. If humans with cable-hooks can hit him, super-robots with an array of blasters, missiles and explosives can.
Yes, I do, he is literally too fast for them to target, anyone who has seen Jumper can see this.

And sorry to burst your bubble, but he says "If it moves I can jump it." It is never implied that an object HAS to be literally in motion, just that it can be moved. He was gonna jump that bomb and "blow the Paladins to kingdom come", remember? And he jumped their "device" back to his lair, see?

Griffin was hit when he was a wee lad, during he and Rolands first fight, he probably assumed Roland was just some pimp with a Sinatra doo.

There was one particular human who hit Griffin, Roland, and he was like the king shit Paladin, he knew everything about them and had years of training. The two in the coliseum couldn't hit shit. AND remember the Decepticons know nothing of Griffin or his powers.

So, Griffin can jump any Decepticon at will, to whereever he wants, AND Griffin can jump faster than the Decepticons can track and fire. Remember the scene of Nightcrawler in the oval office? big grin They are pretty much at hs mercy here, their only real hope is that he just happens to jump back into a stray gun blast.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 01:31 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by XanatosForever
Not even. The Decepticons huddle up so that Griff has to get close, then dash as Blackout unleashes the attack. Rinse, repeat.
And Griffin will totally fall for this, he will attack them as they are in their little gay robotic huddle? roll eyes (sarcastic)

IF they do this, he can simply jump a bomb back at them, and when the ensuing blast causes them to scatter, he picks them off one by one.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 01:34 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Begs the question, how do the Decepticons know about the the Paladins?

They know about everything since they hack the internets.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 01:49 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

In this battle, they know nothing of the Paladins or the Jumpers.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 02:00 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

So basically, you've rigged it and decided Griffin wins despite contrary evidence and logic?

That's how you know it's an RJ thread.

You've decided Griffin wins for no good reason, you're the only person who seems to think so or understand this premise, and yet you still think the debate is valid?

You scripted everything out, then when someone suggests logic to the contrary, you simply decide what he would do to counter it and win.

It's actually frightening how dense you are if you still don't understand the concept of a fantasy battle debate.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 03:24 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Let's take it one thing at a time.

Griffin starts jumping around, here, there, Paris, China, etc, how do they catch him?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 03:26 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

How is that a fight?

Back to you.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 03:43 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Second question:

Griffin can jump anything that can be moved, he showed no limitations as to size. What's to stop him from jumping onto the back of a Decepticon and porting it into the ocean, into a volcano, into the Grand Canyon?

Answer these individually, let's be civil and talk about it.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 03:44 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Second question:

Griffin can jump anything that can be moved, he showed no limitations as to size. What's to stop him from jumping onto the back of a Decepticon and porting it into the ocean, into a volcano, into the Grand Canyon?

First question: They shouldn't have to catch him. It's a fight, not a game of tag. If he's jumping away from them all the time, he's not attacking them, so it's not a fight. That puts that tactic out of the window.

Second question: How the Hell would jumping a Decepticon into the Grand Canyon do anything but annoy it or them? Into the ocean? Did you even WATCH the movie? Megatron jetpacked out from the Laurentian Abyss. Others went down there to resurrect the guy as if it was a bathtub. What is dropping them in there going to achieve? Especially considering they are alive and moving. RAVAGE survived being that deep, and you think this will spell the doom for the entire Decepticon army?

All this considered, and your memory ineptitude aside, you're acting like Griffin is going to win by dropping them off a cliff? Get a clue, dude.

Also, there's nothing to suggest volcanic lava would kill them. Considering that at peak, Earth entry temperature is around 7,800 Kelvin. That's 7,526 degree Celcius.

Volcanic lava maxes out at 1,200 degree Celcius. That's before and during primary eruption. Not after cooling.

Transformers entering Earth's atmosphere were not wearing any armour, it's called a protoform. They are robots from Cybertron whose alternate forms are that of inorganic entry asteroids. They then transform BACK into robots to scan Earth vehicles.

Even if they were wearing armour, it would be partially covering. So the very fact that any of their structure can tolerate what amounts to seven and a half thousand degrees Celcius without damage...well. That just about suggests that they can take a little over a thousand degrees in heat. Submergance is irrelevant.

Volcano argument = Done.

My question to you: How is Griffin going to win this, or even fight this? Same question any of us have asked for ages.

It's not going to happen.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Last edited by Alpha Centauri on Nov 5th, 2009 at 04:08 AM

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 03:58 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Second question:

No, not 'anything that can be moved', he specifically implied/said he could jump anything in motion, ergo, Decepticon isn't walking, rolling, swimming or flying, he can't jump something of their size.

He could likely teleport a few, but as the movie shows, humans can tag the Jumpers, ergo, Griffin is going to get hit at least one time when facing so many opponents. One shot is all that is needed.

-Ocean isn't going to harm them. They're shown hanging down at the Oceanic trench while they're reviving Megatron.

-Volcano heat is debatable. Survived orbital entry

-High fall/drop is debatable as well. Survived crashing into ground, buildings and an Aircraft carrier after orbital entry.

Fight comes down to: 'do you think Griffin can teleport all of them and destroy them somehow without ever being hit once?' Logic and screen feats dictate he could not.

Edit: I see AC basically said/asked the same thing a minute before me.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 03:59 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Volcano heat isn't debatable.

High fall/drop isn't even debatable. Example;

Megatron was wading into masses of human firepower and cracking off fusion cannon shots. Being dropped off a cliff isn't going to bug them. Then factor into it that it'd have to be a HUGE drop, and that they can fly anyway. Starscream will transform before he hits, and Megatron has a jetpack.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 04:04 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
First question: They shouldn't have to catch him. It's a fight, not a game of tag. If he's jumping away from them all the time, he's not attacking them, so it's not a fight. That puts that tactic out of the window.
How do you figure? Jumping is Griffin's power, it's what he does, you want to do a scenario where he can't jump?

quote:
Second question: How the Hell would jumping a Decepticon into the Grand Canyon do anything but annoy it or them? Into the ocean? Did you even WATCH the movie? Megatron jetpacked out from the Laurentian Abyss. Others went down there to resurrect the guy as if it was a bathtub. What is dropping them in there going to achieve? Especially considering they are alive and moving. RAVAGE survived being that deep, and you think this will spell the doom for the entire Decepticon army?

All this considered, and your memory ineptitude aside, you're acting like Griffin is going to win by dropping them off a cliff? Get a clue, dude.

Also, there's nothing to suggest volcanic lava would kill them. Considering that at peak, Earth entry temperature is around 7,800 Kelvin. That's 7,526 degree Celcius.

Volcanic lava maxes out at 1,200 degree Celcius. That's before and during primary eruption. Not after cooling.

Transformers entering Earth's atmosphere were not wearing any armour, it's called a protoform. They are robots from Cybertron whose alternate forms are that of inorganic entry asteroids. They then transform BACK into robots to scan Earth vehicles.

Even if they were wearing armour, it would be partially covering. So the very fact that any of their structure can tolerate what amounts to seven and a half thousand degrees Celcius without damage...well. That just about suggests that they can take a little over a thousand degrees in heat. Submergance is irrelevant.

Volcano argument = Done.

My question to you: How is Griffin going to win this, or even fight this? Same question any of us have asked for ages.

It's not going to happen.

-AC

Guess you got me there, I guess he cannot kill them. Maybe he'd **** a few of them up, but the stronger ones, no. On a side note, surely there are some places on Earth he can drop them where they cannot escape, the ones without propulsion packs anyway. Not all Decepticons have proplusion packs, am I right?

As far as disposing of them so that he can escape, I don't see why this would be a problem for him. I don't see a way they will be able to kill him, he will be jumping too fast.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 04:44 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, not 'anything that can be moved', he specifically implied/said he could jump anything in motion, ergo, Decepticon isn't walking, rolling, swimming or flying, he can't jump something of their size.

He could likely teleport a few, but as the movie shows, humans can tag the Jumpers, ergo, Griffin is going to get hit at least one time when facing so many opponents. One shot is all that is needed.
Well, you think Griffin is likely to jump into the path of a gun blast?

quote:
Fight comes down to: 'do you think Griffin can teleport all of them and destroy them somehow without ever being hit once?' Logic and screen feats dictate he could not.

How do you figure? How can they hit someone they cannot see?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 04:47 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Question: Say Griffin jumps with a Decipticon to an elevation of 12,5000 feet, then drops it into a rocky faced mountain, a place with jagged cliffs, whatever. What kind of damage will be done? Bear in mind I am talking about the Decepticons without jet packs.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 05:00 AM