KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (206): « First ... « 182 183 [184] 185 186 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by samhain
He hates Negan, but fails to grasp the point that he's supposed to.

Exactly.
I hate the character, which is why he would rank high on any list of favorite characters i'd make.
Tried explaining that to someone here once, and hashtag triggered him to no end.
Negan's awesome.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 04:06 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It all depends why you hate a character.

If you hate Negan because of the things he does and because he successfully evokes a reaction in you and want to see what he'll do next, then yes that's good.

However I suspect Quanchi, like myself, finds him redundant and relatively boring. So I dislike him, but not for the right reasons. I simply don't find him engaging. That's not the right 'dislike' for a villain.

I hated Joffrey, but I was always captivated by his presence on screen, my dislike for him made me more engaged in the show. Negan for me is the opposite.

Last edited by BackFire on Nov 22nd, 2017 at 08:16 AM

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 05:30 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Yeah, i definitely hate him for the right reasons, then.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 05:47 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yeah, a good villain should evoke a strong emotional response to their actual character's actions. Whether you love or hate them. Not because you find them dull or boring.

Another example of a villain I actually utterly despise, because she is such a unlikable c*** is Black Mariah, on Luke Cage. I hate that character, which shows that she was actually well done. Because you are meant to hate the character, because she was utterly vile, and you always knew that whatever she was busy with, it definitely meant trouble for the heroes.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 07:17 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Dolores Umbridge, for me, for pretty much the same reasons.
Not just saying that, either. Until Negan i dont think there was a character i hated more.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 10:47 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

A lot of people I know seem to hate Negan because he killed Glenn but I never really had a problem with that. It's a zombie show FFS, over 7bn people have died off-camera so get over it.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 12:39 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Me personally, I can take or leave Negan. I like the actor who plays him, but he's nowhere near the best TV villain of all time nor is he the incompetent, incapable fool that others are making him out to be.

Backfire, you come on here and explain your reasoning very well and with good points, others seem to only visit this thread just to go; 'NEGAN SUX!' every time he drops a pencil or sneezes. I guess because, unlike others here, you're an adult.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 12:51 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

NEGAN SUX! wink

Really, he does. That pencil will never be the same.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 01:08 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

His plot armour stopped that pencil from going through his foot.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 01:16 PM
riv6672

Originally posted by samhain
His plot armour stopped that pencil from going through his foot.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 01:23 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 02:56 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

So who was in that helicopter?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 01:35 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by juggernaut74

They havent said yet. Here's some theories.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.gold...-poll-news/amp/

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 05:03 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
He is not physically imposing enough.

It matters.
He doesn't have to be physically imposing to be a great villain. I found him utterly annoying and as soon as he starts talking I can't wait until he stops. Sadly, they won't ever find another presence like the Governor it would appear. That guy was a badass and a psychopath. Miss ya, Guv.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 05:08 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by juggernaut74

Maybe it is the same Helicopter from the first season still just out flying around.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 09:35 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Just did a Google search about Negan.

laughing out loud

"It's very obvious that the writers and showrunners love Negan. They were talking about how awesome he'd be as a villain ever since the season six finale. This has not materialized, but the writers keep assuming that audiences are just naturally resonating with him. Mostly, I just find myself cringing and tuning out during his ridiculously long, drawn-out scenes. Negan is a one-note villain with no discernible motives beyond cruelty who talks endlessly, boastfully, cracking unfunny jokes and generally annoying everyone around him. The showrunners said audiences would love Negan and feel bad about it since he's such a terrible monster. Instead, we dislike him not because he's a bad guy, but because he's so irritating and omnipresent."

I called this from the beginning while other lemmings the Robtards, the Galan's, etc. of the world who showed up right on cue saying how awesome this guy was from the onset. The lemming effect is powerful and strong. It's so hilarious to see people just falter off when even they came to the conclusion this guy isn't as cool as I initially thought and are eating their own words.

Quan was right once again.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...o/#6b4ad63f3ecf

Season 8 just continues to drag the mess that is Negan onward.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 08:25 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Seems quan's upset over something again.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 08:37 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Meh. Dont read that off topic trash.

Anyone interested in the Fear The Walking Dead development where [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Morgan is joining their cast?
Not sure if this is a promotion or demotion.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 11:37 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

This show has become so hilariously bad. Every single episode is chock full of teeth shatteringly cringey speeches. Character development has ground to a complete standstill and now when a character changes its usually to the polar opposite of what they were and for absolutely no discernable reason. Everyone with more than 5 lines of dialogue now seems to have plot armour that would see them survive a point blank nuclear blast. Everyone else is cannon fodder. Like when 2 groups of people are standing opposite each other and shooting thousands of rounds at each other for 3 episodes and no one important gets killed....hilarious.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 11:48 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Robtard
Seems quan's upset over something again.
Just pointing out I was right about Negan being a terrible villain who only gets more annoying with time.
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^Meh. Dont read that off topic trash.

Anyone interested in the Fear The Walking Dead development where [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Morgan is joining their cast?
Not sure if this is a promotion or demotion.
Discussing the current shows villain is on topic, illiterate guy.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 11:51 PM