KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Thor 2

Thor 2
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Hasn't anyone else seen Mandarin's more recent appearance/s??

don't need to base him on the first time he showed up in the books, Obviously he was a racist caricature then.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2013 05:43 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
I think the public couldn't swallow Tony creating force fields for the armour; advanced as the armour is, that would be too far out for them to buy.

Now, if he gets some alien tech somewhere in a future Avengers film and incorporates it into the armour, creating shields, that would be believed. We saw lots of force shields being used on Asgard in the new Thor movie, and people accept it without question because it's an otherworldly/alien realm with advanced magical tech we don't understand. In Avengers, the device creating the portal manages to shield itself because the power source is the otherworldly Tesseract.

I think the writers made the right call for now. And there is precedent in the comics of Tony getting some alien tech into the armour; his armour in The Heroic Age gets scanned by Ultron, who observes it now contains some Kree tech.

Its annoying though, because how do they know the audience won't be able to swallow that? Considering everything else the suit has shown capable of, force fields shouldn't be that far off yet. Some of his more futuristic tech may still be on the way though so I remain hopeful.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2013 12:54 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
LOL, Synder is laughing at Abrams all the way to the bank laughing out loud

Well considering it made more than the first solo outing of any Marvel character except Spider-Man, it clearly is a competition.

Anyway, this is about Thor, so stop with the DC Bashing.
Abrams is currently at the helm of Star Wars. laughing out loud

Can't wait to quote this ignorant quote of yours after gat is released.

Thor is doing quite well. Poor dc.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2013 12:56 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

What scene? Tyr was one of the familiar ones who debuted in the film, but didn't get properly introduced. I noticed no one else wearing helmets but Bor in the flashback and the Einherjar guard.

Might have been Tyr. His armor was golden and the horns on the front of the helmet were in a sort of "U" shape.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2013 12:56 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Its annoying though, because how do they know the audience won't be able to swallow that? Considering everything else the suit has shown capable of, force fields shouldn't be that far off yet. Some of his more futuristic tech may still be on the way though so I remain hopeful.

You know what? - next summer, Marvel is going to get away with a talking raccoon who shoots huge guns, and no one is going to guffaw and say that's implausible because Guardians Of The Galaxy will be a crazy sci-fi actioner set on worlds in outer space. The sense of disbelief will come built in. Rocket Raccoon, in his proper venue, is more plausible than an engineering Earth-based genius like Tony Stark being able to create force fields. It really is.

Besides, like Darth Power mentioned earlier, him going that far with the armour tech would have distanced the audience from the near-Batman Begins vibe of the films - the feeling we were watching something that could actually, maybe be built. Which was part of what helped anchor the audience to Tony, and the story.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 27th, 2013 03:44 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by quanchi112
Abrams is currently at the helm of Star Wars. laughing out loud

Can't wait to quote this ignorant quote of yours after gat is released.

LOL Abrams failed to come even close to DC! Snyder is laughing at his epic failure all the way to the bank laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 27th, 2013 08:28 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

You know what? - next summer, Marvel is going to get away with a talking raccoon who shoots huge guns, and no one is going to guffaw and say that's implausible because Guardians Of The Galaxy will be a crazy sci-fi actioner set on worlds in outer space. The sense of disbelief will come built in. Rocket Raccoon, in his proper venue, is more plausible than an engineering Earth-based genius like Tony Stark being able to create force fields. It really is.

Besides, like Darth Power mentioned earlier, him going that far with the armour tech would have distanced the audience from the near-Batman Begins vibe of the films - the feeling we were watching something that could actually, maybe be built. Which was part of what helped anchor the audience to Tony, and the story.

I still think it's being overthought. It's not like Iron man is gonna come up with forcefields and everyone will go "phuck this!" and walk out in droves. I think they can have Tony come up with almost anything, and as long as it's presented right, people will eat it up and think it's badass. Tony outdoing himself by leaps and bounds is a major theme with Iron man that transferred over to the movies. He created a new element, heck the possibilities are endless with that element alone.

Last edited by BruhMan on Nov 27th, 2013 at 08:48 AM

Old Post Nov 27th, 2013 08:39 AM
BruhMan
World Champion

double post

Old Post Nov 27th, 2013 08:45 AM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL Abrams failed to come even close to DC! Snyder is laughing at his epic failure all the way to the bank laughing out loud

Snyder sucks at just about everything he does. I dont think Snyder has ever made a good movie in his entire career - MoS sucked, Watchmen sucked, 300 sucked, Sucker Punch sucked etc...

The only reason MoS made so much money was due to its name. If that movie didnt have the superman brand to back it up, it would have been much less profitable than star trek.

The new star trek movie may have been a generic ripoff, but quality wise, it was still a much better movie than MoS.

Im gonna be laughing at you when antman does better than supes vs bats

Old Post Nov 27th, 2013 06:28 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Jeez will people not just let me Troll Quanchi?

Originally posted by Firefly218

The only reason MoS made so much money was due to its name.

Well no, because Superman Returns made no where near as much. And that actually included the name Superman, whilst MOS did not.

Im gonna be laughing at you when antman does better than supes vs bats

Again just trolling Quanchi.

But FYI that would be pretty funny if Antman made more than Supes vs Bats.

I actually think Paul Rudd's a good call for that if the rumour's true.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Nov 27th, 2013 at 06:59 PM

Old Post Nov 27th, 2013 06:56 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

False. It was still a success and disney thought so since he is at the helm of Star Wars another Disney product which will rape Superman at the box office.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2013 08:14 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Jeez will people not just let me Troll Quanchi?

Well no, because Superman Returns made no where near as much. And that actually included the name Superman, whilst MOS did not.

Again just trolling Quanchi.

But FYI that would be pretty funny if Antman made more than Supes vs Bats.

I actually think Paul Rudd's a good call for that if the rumour's true.

thumb up

Old Post Nov 27th, 2013 09:17 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by JayDaDon
I still think it's being overthought. It's not like Iron man is gonna come up with forcefields and everyone will go "phuck this!" and walk out in droves. I think they can have Tony come up with almost anything, and as long as it's presented right, people will eat it up and think it's badass. Tony outdoing himself by leaps and bounds is a major theme with Iron man that transferred over to the movies. He created a new element, heck the possibilities are endless with that element alone.

Sure; that's how he created new element for the 2nd film, and created a remote suit that assembled around from pieces in the third. And maybe by his next appearance in Avengers 2, he will have discovered a means to create an energy dampening field/force field. Perhaps by studying the tech around the Tesseract that got assembled, that created a force field. That would be a natural, organic way of him arriving at the tech.

Fans always want everything too quickly. I remember some of the complaints about SHIELD's first appearance in the first Iron Man - just a half dozen guys in dark suits & cars with no real tech, I heard some sniff. Nick Fury didn't even appear until the end credit sequence. Turns out they were just setting things up and teasing us. We got a bit more in Iron Man 2, then Thor, then Captain America - and finally a huge glorious reveal in Avengers. And The Winter Soldier is going to top even that, by the look of the previews.

Tony has some force-field capabilities in the comics, but doesn't use it very often because it's kind of a cop out. It certainly didn't get used when he first went against an Extremis operative the first time.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2013 01:07 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

I REALLY dig the theme of IM getting further and further each time we see him. First movie, he needs installed machines to put on his suit, Second, creates suitcase armor, new element, lazors. Avengers, his armor is flying around in a pod like the 90's comics. Third movie, Extremis, controllable armor and (small touch, but one of my fave moments of the movie) armor that just opens up and allows him to walk right in. I think it will be interesting to see what they have him come up with next.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2013 07:21 AM
Darth Thor

False. It was still a success and disney thought so since he is at the helm of Star Wars another Disney product which will rape Superman at the box office.

The guaranteed success of SW is all down to Lucas. Abrams couldn't make either of his Star Trek movies reach half a billion. Superman kicked his ass. New Star Trek's not even in Batman's league. Abram's nothing next to Synder and Nolan. New Star Trek is nothing next to DC's greats. Nolan and Synder are laughing at Abram's "attempt" at making a Half Billion to Billion dollar movie
laughing

Old Post Nov 28th, 2013 08:51 AM
quanchi112
Disney

The guaranteed success of SW is all down to Lucas. Abrams couldn't make either of his Star Trek movies reach half a billion. Superman kicked his ass. New Star Trek's not even in Batman's league. Abram's nothing next to Synder and Nolan. New Star Trek is nothing next to DC's greats. Nolan and Synder are laughing at Abram's "attempt" at making a Half Billion to Billion dollar movie
laughing
He made Star Trek relevant again and considering the shit that they other movies were they were a huge success.

Superman was destroyed by IronMan. Star Wars will destroy Superman. Abrams and I will be laughing at cha.

Khan is a great villain unlike the loser that Zod was in the film.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2013 05:42 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Abrams couldn't make either of his Star Trek movies reach half a billion.

Unlike Star Wars, Star Trek movies have always had limited appeal overseas. Many of the early ones didn't get widely released outside of North America. Like Westerns, they're considered too American in flavour (which is interesting, as the TV shows have been distributed everywhere for decades.) The newest film tried to address that by partially setting the film in London, and the box office was bigger, but it's still not there compared to the other big franchises.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2013 05:59 PM
Darth Thor

He made Star Trek relevant again and considering the shit that they other movies were they were a huge success.

Superman was destroyed by IronMan. Star Wars will destroy Superman. Abrams and I will be laughing at cha.

Khan is a great villain unlike the loser that Zod was in the film.

Lol more people watched Zod than Khan. Khan was a loser who got his as handed to him by Spock and Uhura laughing out loud

Star Wars success is all in the franchise. Nothing to do with Abrams. But if Episose 7 fails to beat TDK and TDKR then that will prove what a loser Abrams really is! Nolan will be laughing at him all the way to the bank! laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 28th, 2013 06:19 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Box office doesn't determine quality, according to you Michael bay should be laughing at Alfred Hitchcock?

Old Post Nov 28th, 2013 07:17 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bats2jm

Box office doesn't determine quality, according to you Michael bay should be laughing at Alfred Hitchcock?

it would mean that Ironman 3 was the best movie so far this year.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2013 08:27 PM
bats2jm is currently offline Click here to Send bats2jm a Private Message Find more posts by bats2jm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote