KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Avengers 2012

The Avengers 2012
Started by: jhonebrin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (29): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Well they had plans for a Avengers movie back in 2005, But before they got to that big project they wanted to do each character first..... cept for maybe Black Widow & Hawkeye since they've only made cameo's.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 01:19 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

^ I thought Captain America was better than Thor. Thor worked better as a comedy to me than it did as an action movie.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 06:40 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Myth
Thor worked better as a comedy to me than it did as an action movie.

I agree. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 07:08 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

^ I thought Captain America was better than Thor. Thor worked better as a comedy to me than it did as an action movie.

Well that was the point. In Straczynski's recent Thor series he resurrected the character on Earth by placing him in a small southern outback town and had him bring Asgard there. It worked and no doubt the creators of the Thor movie based alot of their ideas on that particular Thor mixed wisely with Kirby scientific advanced Asgard. Which worked.

Both Cap and Thor where comedies as where the vibe that their original comics evoked. I liked both films I just wanted more action in the two. Especially in Captain America, I wanted more feats with the shield. But yes I agree Thor had heavy comedic elements and they were certainly welcome.

People need to not take such characters so seriously and embrace the canon for what it was. Fun.
If Thor and Captain America were as serious as Dark Knight and Green Lantern they would've failed as films.

Last edited by the ninjak on Mar 9th, 2012 at 07:22 PM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 07:19 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Worked out well for South Park

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 10:02 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by steverules_2
Worked out well for South Park

They did a episode about it?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2012 01:11 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

I honestly felt Captain America was the weakest link in the build up to the Avengers.

I mean all he really did was run fast & jump high in the movie....

In all the trailers, that scene where he's surrounded by soldiers with flame throwers...I thought, "Wow..how awesome...can't wait to see how he gets out of that situation...?"

He bloody surrenders!!!
What a disappointment.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2012 01:32 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

A 40 minute scene of Captain America sucking on donkey testicles would have improved that film. thumb down

The Avengers trailer looked pretty awesome in 3D, I'll admit. They show way too much in trailers these days, though.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2012 04:57 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
A 40 minute scene of Captain America sucking on donkey testicles would have improved that film. thumb down

*Facepalm*

should be glad with what you got otherwise go watch the 1990 movie.....

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 12:23 AM
ares834

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I honestly felt Captain America was the weakest link in the build up to the Avengers.

I mean all he really did was run fast & jump high in the movie....

In all the trailers, that scene where he's surrounded by soldiers with flame throwers...I thought, "Wow..how awesome...can't wait to see how he gets out of that situation...?"

He bloody surrenders!!!
What a disappointment.

I agree. Captain America was very disapointing, it was better than IM2 but that's not saying much. On the other hand I loved Thor.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 12:34 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Captain America was freaking awesome imo. Thor was just pretty good. Loki was a nice villain and some of the fights were cool, though Thor was way too powerful.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 12:40 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Even further proof the skrulls & Kree are not in it

Joss Whedon Reveals Why He Didn't Use Them

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...s/news/?a=56132

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 01:18 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Nephthys
Captain America was freaking awesome imo. Thor was just pretty good. Loki was a nice villain and some of the fights were cool, though Thor was way too powerful.

Tommy Lee Jones almost stole the damn movie. He was the best part of C.A., imo.

I gave C.A. a 6.5 and Thor a 7. Both enjoyable films. They are not "freaking awesome" films, though.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2012 01:09 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Mar 13th, 2012 06:01 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Okay, Hulk is starting to look a little Trisomy 21-y now. He has that same retarded expression in every picture.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2012 11:46 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

What the hell is trisomy?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2012 12:17 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Kazenji
What the hell is trisomy?

You probably know it better as Down Syndrome. Google is your friend...

Old Post Mar 13th, 2012 12:49 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

You probably know it better as Down Syndrome. Google is your friend...

Don't need to use Google since you've told me the other name for it.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2012 12:57 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Okay, Hulk is starting to look a little Trisomy 21-y now. He has that same retarded expression in every picture.

Early Hulk was definitely a little simple in his early years. And as years went by became his own entity. Became more self aware. Started talking. And eventually starting using real tactics.

It's a good choice and how dare you be so insensitive!mad

What would you prefer him to be all sophisticated and handsome? Givr him a stylized haircut. And an ultra cool costume to match?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2012 02:06 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I probably never would have thought of it, but Robtard mentioned it a while back. He planted it in my head...

Old Post Mar 13th, 2012 02:25 PM