KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » The Three Questions

The Three Questions
Started by: eninn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bentley
Seitei

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
All you are saying is that pedophilia is okay, as long as you are married to the child. laughing out loud

It can be the lesser of two evils. I haven't been arguing about it being "good" because I don't think actions are unequivocally good either.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 06:48 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Pedophilia is a mental disorder.

Yes, but not one you seem to know a whole lot about.

Pedophilia is not wanting to have sex with children who are under the legal age of constent, but a sexual attraction to pre-pubescent children. When you say that people who are attracted to 17 years suffer from pedophilia you're not just displaying cultural ignorance, but a general ignorance in that particular field...

That was the question I was asking. Did Muhammad have sex with a 9 year old girl?

Okay.

Does it affect his status as a possible prophet?

Pedophilia doesn't say anything about someone in regards to capabilities, etc. Only that they suffer from that particular mental disorder.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 06:50 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Bentley
Oh, I don't think age makes things right.

Wait, age makes all the difference for a developing child.
The child would be an outcast.

He could take in a child that would be an outcast, and care for it, but a normal man would not want to have sex with that child.
Personally I find it disgusting.

I’m glad for that?
I meant to say coitus.

Okay.
You're surely aware that a girl at that age would not feel coerced and she'd be pretty much convinced that she wants to have sex with the guy. While that's rape, the fact that the girl is formatted for that makes the formatting more violent in our eyes than the actual coitus from her perspective at least.

A child cannot give consent.
Again, that girl who slept with a child once may have been the saviour of all your country, friends and family. She might've threated the child she raped with love and care, taking him out of the slums and giving him great education and a place in society. But you would kill her and be proud.

Her? Do you mean him?
The question was would I follow a pedophile. The answer is no. Today, I would report the person, but 2,000 years ago, I would have tried to kill the pedophile rather then follow them. I was giving you the depth of my answer.
I don't personally think raping children deserves death, even if it's a horrible crime. So obviously I disagree with the statement.

We disagree.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 06:58 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by krisblaze
Yes, but not one you seem to know a whole lot about.

Pedophilia is not wanting to have sex with children who are under the legal age of constent, but a sexual attraction to pre-pubescent children. When you say that people who are attracted to 17 years suffer from pedophilia you're not just displaying cultural ignorance, but a general ignorance in that particular field...

That wasn’t something I said. I was just telling you what the law is. Please stop putting words in my mouth.
Okay.
Does it affect his status as a possible prophet?

What is a prophet? I think it would affect his status.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 07:02 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Wait, age makes all the difference for a developing child.

Sure, but it doesn't necessarily comes with enough critical thinking to allow consent.

He could take in a child that would be an outcast, and care for it, but a normal man would not want to have sex with that child.

Again, after a while the kid would feel dishonored and just kill herself. Yay!

A child cannot give consent.

He cannot mean it. Children didn't exist conceptually back in the day.

Her? Do you mean him?
The question was would I follow a pedophile. The answer is no. Today, I would report the person, but 2,000 years ago, I would have tried to kill the pedophile rather then follow them. I was giving you the depth of my answer.

Again, if the person in question was the saviour of all things you love, you would report her and wouldn't care that everything burns. That's beyond destructive.

I'm making it a her because women can rape children too thumb up

We disagree.

So it seems.

Well, as long as you don't kill people is not a big deal.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 07:09 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Sure, but it doesn't necessarily comes with enough critical thinking to allow consent.

I’m glad we agree.
Again, after a while the kid would feel dishonored and just kill herself. Yay!

I don’t think that sex is a requirement for love.
He cannot mean it. Children didn't exist conceptually back in the day.

But we are also talking about how those action affect today.
Again, if the person in question was the saviour of all things you love, you would report her and wouldn't care that everything burns. That's beyond destructive.

I would not follow her, and I would report her. I would also keep a fire extinguisher close at hand.
I'm making it a her because women can rape children too thumb up

I understand.
Well, as long as you don't kill people is not a big deal.

Do you have a problem with solders killing the enemy?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 07:33 AM
Bentley
Seitei

I don’t think that sex is a requirement for love.

Keeping your loved one from killing herself sort of is.

But we are also talking about how those action affect today.

Eh, that's an entirely different beast. One thing is understanding the past and a very different thing is emulating the past. The Prophet cannot really do anything about the latter, is not a sin on his head.

I would not follow her, and I would report her. I would also keep a fire extinguisher close at hand.

This is sad. But at least you're brave I guess, doing the wrong thing on the open because you feel like you have to.

I think is weird considering how you judge people on history. But we humans have a contradictory nature.

Do you have a problem with solders killing the enemy?

Not particularly. It's obviously a problem when soldiers come back from the front traumatized and that cities have been razed.

I think any decent human would feel bad for kiilling people even when they deem it necessary.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 07:41 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Keeping your loved one from killing herself sort of is.

I don’t think that is realistic.
Eh, that's an entirely different beast. One thing is understanding the past and a very different thing is emulating the past. The Prophet cannot really do anything about the latter, is not a sin on his head.

Like I said, no one is going back in time to arrest Muhamad. It puts into question the judgment of Allah for picking such a prophet. Fortunately, it is all fiction anyways.
This is sad. But at least you're brave I guess, doing the wrong thing on the open because you feel like you have to.

I don’t understand way the reporting the rape of a child would be sad, or the wrong thing. I think you have it backwards.
I think is weird considering how you judge people on history. But we humans have a contradictory nature.

I don’t judge people of history. I never judged Muhamad. I simply asked a question. Perhaps the facts are the judge, and you are mistaken.
Not particularly. It's obviously a problem when soldiers come back from the front traumatized and that cities have been razed.
I think any decent human would feel bad for kiilling people even when they deem it necessary.

Have you ever read The Dead Zone by Stephen King?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 08:02 AM
Bentley
Seitei

I don’t think that is realistic.

That's how many dynasties worked back in the day. It was insulting not to mate with one of your wives, it could be seeing as degrading and hateful. Suicide was a very realistic outcome judging by history.

Marriage wasn't about love after all.

Like I said, no one is going back in time to arrest Muhamad. It puts into question the judgment of Allah for picking such a prophet. Fortunately, it is all fiction anyways.

Allah could pick people who did wrong things. If there is an entity such as Allah, it'd be hard to discern his motivations.

I don’t understand way the reporting the rape of a child would be sad, or the wrong thing. I think you have it backwards.

If by reporting the rape of a child you impeded someone from achieving something that would ultimately save your civilization, you are on the wrong. I'm talking about there being a lesser evil.

I don’t judge people of history. I never judged Muhamad. I simply asked a question. Perhaps the facts are the judge, and you are mistaken.

I can be mistaken, but I'm actually defending a rather tame thesis. I don't think we can just assume an action is evil on itself -there are things that arguably come close-. Evil is relative to the options available and the possible conséquences. Looking back in time and placing blame in people is very self-righteous, specially if you consider yourself justified in killing people because of a particular action.

Have you ever read The Dead Zone by Stephen King?

Not really, is it good?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 08:13 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

That's how many dynasties worked back in the day. It was insulting not to mate with one of your wives, it could be seeing as degrading and hateful. Suicide was a very realistic outcome judging by history.

I don’t think this applies to a 9 year old girl. She would not been aware.
Marriage wasn't about love after all.

How does a 9 year old girl fit into this?
Allah could pick people who did wrong things. If there is an entity such as Allah, it'd be hard to discern his motivations.

That is the problem with such gods.
If by reporting the rape of a child you impeded someone from achieving something that would ultimately save your civilization, you are on the wrong. I'm talking about there being a lesser evil.

This is too contrived. History could have play out in a better way than it did. Who is to know?
I can be mistaken, but I'm actually defending a rather tame thesis. I don't think we can just assume an action is evil on itself -there are things that arguably come close-. Evil is relative to the options available and the possible conséquences. Looking back in time and placing blame in people is very self-righteous, specially if you consider yourself justified in killing people because of a particular action.

Solders kill, and it is justifiable. Killing can be justified and not be self-righteous.
Not really, is it good?

It puts an interesting twist on the idea of killing for the greater good.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 08:29 AM
Bentley
Seitei

I don’t think this applies to a 9 year old girl. She would not been aware.

It can apply and it has applied in history. That's your recently invented notion of infancy speaking for you.

How does a 9 year old girl fit into this?

Arguably a 9 year old doesn't marry for love.

That is the problem with such gods.

To be fair, my personal knowledge of ancient times is limited, that's why I don't have a clear cut opinion in the subject.

This is too contrived. History could have play out in a better way than it did. Who is to know?

Do you realize there are people in governments that have to make this kind of call all the time? They ally themselves with people that have done much worse than raping and taking care of a child for life. They don't know better, but they are responsible for their actions.

So I don't think is contrived at all, we can make proposterous what if scenarios all we want, this is just a discussion. If you have the personal conviction that everything would be for the better, would you do it? Would you accept that there is much worse than pedophilia? That there is a greater good?

Solders kill, and it is justifiable. Killing can be justified and not be self-righteous.

The people you bring up are there to prevent killing, are in risk of being killed themselves and are trained for it. Again, I'm not the one who claims something is good or bad in the absolute, you're the one essentially saying "pédophiles should die, I would kill them myself".

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 10:27 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

...The people you bring up are there to prevent killing, are in risk of being killed themselves and are trained for it. Again, I'm not the one who claims something is good or bad in the absolute, you're the one essentially saying "pédophiles should die, I would kill them myself".

You are getting confused. We are talking about 2,000 years ago, and today.

Today I would report a pedophile, but 2,000 years ago in the fictional story you created for me, I would have killed the man. Now you are saying I want to kill the man today. Do you see how you are confused?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 03:58 PM
Bentley
Seitei

You are getting confused. We are talking about 2,000 years ago, and today.

Today I would report a pedophile, but 2,000 years ago in the fictional story you created for me, I would have killed the man. Now you are saying I want to kill the man today. Do you see how you are confused?

I see that you argue in a pretty flimsy matter about timelines, since earlier you said you cared about the now and not about the past. Governments also made sacrifices for the greater good 2000 ago... It doesn't matter.

So today in my fictional timeline you would report a crime even if it doomed many lives?

So 2000 years ago in my fictional timeline you would kill a man if it doomed many lives?

I mean it literaly doesn't matter at all for my argument. Are you dancing around it on propose?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 04:57 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

And we don't know if he put one in her when she was yet a child.

It is widely accepted in Islam that Muhammad married Aisha when she was 6-7 and consummated the marriage when she was 9(some sources say 10, more say 9) and he was in his early 50's.

So yes, we do know for all intents and purposes that Muhammad had sex with a child, as it makes no sense for the majority of Islam to go with this age considering all the stigma behind it, instead of the minority who claim she was 18 or older.

You can even google and find Islamic religious leaders speaking on the manner, just look for subtitled ones, unless you read Arabic and/or Farsi

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jan 14th, 2015 at 05:49 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 05:38 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

I see that you argue in a pretty flimsy matter about timelines, since earlier you said you cared about the now and not about the past.

There is no reason to insult me. I’m trying to follow you, but…
Governments also made sacrifices for the greater good 2000 ago... It doesn't matter.

Are we talking about the “I will not follow a pedophile” line? Because I’m not getting what you are talking about.
So today in my fictional timeline you would report a crime even if it doomed many lives?

You don’t know the future. Reporting the person could save many more lives. This is too contrived.
So 2000 years ago in my fictional timeline you would kill a man if it doomed many lives?

Again this is too contrived to speculate on. You have set up a no win scenario, that is not realistic.
I mean it literaly doesn't matter at all for my argument. Are you dancing around it on propose?

What propose?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 05:49 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Since you brought pedophilia yourself I expected a more nuanced discussion. Obviously we're at a corner.

As things are, I'm glad we talked.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 09:42 PM
Neisuh

Are we talking about today, or in the past?

Today, 18, unless the partner is within two years. I think that is how the law is today.

In the past, I would say puberty. 11 or 12? It depends on the girl.

Well, that's interesting, because she stayed at her parents house for 3-4 years before living with Muhammad. Aisha married at 9, not 7. Also, you're argument is just like murder. Didn't Europeans kill other Europeans during the 15th-16th century? Doesn't the world find that wrong today? So really, what argument is their.

Also, it was impossible for Muslims to rule the land that was 'claimed' by them, or so the history textbook's say. How many Muslims of Saudi Arabia were their, comparing that to Africa, Asia, and Spain? The Muslims of those lands followed Islams because they believed that Islam was true.

So, we can both say that Muhammad married Aisha at 9, yet it is a fact, from multiple sources at that time, that Muhammad waited until she was 12-13 until he allowed her to stay with him. She lived with her parents. That was really all to it. You can argue what you like, but this is fact, not speculation.

You're talking to a Muslim about your own personal opinions and beliefs. I would leave them alone, if they weren't so offensive and hateful and direly inaccurate.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 11:17 PM
Neisuh is currently offline Click here to Send Neisuh a Private Message Find more posts by Neisuh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Neisuh
Well, that's interesting, because she stayed at her parents house for 3-4 years before living with Muhammad. Aisha married at 9, not 7. Also, you're argument is just like murder. Didn't Europeans kill other Europeans during the 15th-16th century? Doesn't the world find that wrong today? So really, what argument is their.

Not all killing is murder, but yes, I do point out to Christians that the early Church has blood on its hand. I treat everyone fairly.
Also, it was impossible for Muslims to rule the land that was 'claimed' by them, or so the history textbook's say. How many Muslims of Saudi Arabia were their, comparing that to Africa, Asia, and Spain? The Muslims of those lands followed Islams because they believed that Islam was true.

There is nothing about Islam in my statements. I was just asking about pedophilia sense the information that has been given to me by other Muslims was that Muhammad had sex with a 9 year old girl.
So, we can both say that Muhammad married Aisha at 9, yet it is a fact, from multiple sources at that time, that Muhammad waited until she was 12-13 until he allowed her to stay with him. She lived with her parents. That was really all to it. You can argue what you like, but this is fact, not speculation.

Can you link any sources for this information? This would, if true, change my opinion.
You're talking to a Muslim about your own personal opinions and beliefs. I would leave them alone, if they weren't so offensive and hateful and direly inaccurate.

I was just asking questions that I never seem to get an appropriate answer to.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2015 12:13 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Since you brought pedophilia yourself I expected a more nuanced discussion. Obviously we're at a corner.

As things are, I'm glad we talked.

I was told that Muhammad had sex with a 9 year old girl. I know very little about Islam, and when I ask about this issue all I get is insults. This make me suspicious that first it is true, and seconds that it maybe still allowed.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2015 12:15 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

This super Muslim reads directly from the Hadiths, which gives the age of marriage at 6 and age of consummation at 9:

Whatcha afraid of? Why do you fear the truth?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jan 15th, 2015 at 02:11 AM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2015 02:07 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote