KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » WB to announce Superman/Batman & JLA movies

WB to announce Superman/Batman & JLA movies
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (232): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
emporerpants

Well, the movie it going to be called Batman vs Superman or Superman vs Batman. They also used a quote from the Dark Knight Returns about Bats beating Supes. This is why I'm worried. Obviously its still stupidly early to speculate, but what they've revealed thus far points at the fight between them being the focus. I really REALLY hope that isn't the case. Despite all of this though, I am still super psyched about Supes and Bats being on the big screen together and starting a shared universe! The positive will likely out weigh the negative.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2013 11:34 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Even if Batman beats Superman or looks better IMO that will be a good thing. He's more strategic than Superman so he should have the advantage.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2013 11:58 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by emporerpants
Well, the movie it going to be called Batman vs Superman or Superman vs Batman. They also used a quote from the Dark Knight Returns about Bats beating Supes. This is why I'm worried. Obviously its still stupidly early to speculate, but what they've revealed thus far points at the fight between them being the focus. I really REALLY hope that isn't the case. Despite all of this though, I am still super psyched about Supes and Bats being on the big screen together and starting a shared universe! The positive will likely out weigh the negative.

I think youre misquoting the article. No offence.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 12:01 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Originally posted by tkitna
I guess i'm bummed about this because eventually the wells going to dry up. I just wish they would develop some other characters so that they can give the JLA the green light. I guess i'm the only one thats had enough of Batman and Superman. At least i'm looking forward to the Guardians Of The Galaxy movie thats coming up. You guys can have this one.

You missed the part where they announced a Flash movie for 2016 and Justice League for 2017.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 01:06 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Femi32
You missed the part where they announced a Flash movie for 2016 and Justice League for 2017.
Not enough is his point. Marvel is setting the stage all over the place while they are just shoving Superman and Batman further down our throats.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 02:41 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Originally posted by quanchi112
Not enough is his point. Marvel is setting the stage all over the place while they are just shoving Superman and Batman further down our throats.

The point is progress is being made. I want to see other DC characters, too, and I'm still upset over WB's silliness from the past.

Besides, is WB supposed to suspend a Superman sequel because he just had his sixth movie from seven years ago? I can understand Batman, but Superman has had 2 movies in 26 years. Give Superman a break.

Also, this movie has the potential of expanding the DC cinematic universe. I hope that's the case.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 03:34 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Femi32
The point is progress is being made. I want to see other DC characters, too, and I'm still upset over WB's silliness from the past.

Besides, is WB supposed to suspend a Superman sequel because he just had his sixth movie from seven years ago? I can understand Batman, but Superman has had 2 movies in 26 years. Give Superman a break.

Also, this movie has the potential of expanding the DC cinematic universe. I hope that's the case.
I just feel that while it will make more initially it is stifling the expansive plans that could be set in motion here.

But I digress maybe dc is smart for not copying Mariel's plan with this team up movie. Still disappointed at the lack of other ideas at this point but I guess we have to wait and see.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 04:06 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
you people owe me money...

if this true regarding the plot...

also a new Bruce/Bats possibly already

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/co...ermanbats-movie

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 04:21 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I wouldn't mind seeing Jonah Hex get done again.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 04:40 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Well, that plot description seems promising. I really hope that it's true. Still don't see why they couldn't name it World's Finest though.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 04:46 AM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Well, that plot description seems promising. I really hope that it's true. Still don't see why they couldn't name it World's Finest though.

people owe me money because if the article is true , i was right about Kal and Bruce fighting initially

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 04:55 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

I hope its a new Batman than the nolanverse one, but really unless he is suitless Ironman and superman just plays a mindless brute, Batman is just going to be a glorified sidekick...

And that's not going to go over well with Batfans

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 07:00 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

It's not going to go to that Teen Wolf guy. If it does, I'll be pissed, because Richard Armitrage is perfect for it and will follow a long line of British actors that have been playing super heroes.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 11:10 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by -Pr-

Seriously? People are whining because Man of Steel is getting a sequel with Batman in it? I'm sorry, one of the, if not the single most well-known hero in the world has a movie, and they're making a sequel of it, and that's a bad thing?

If its half as bad as MOS, then yes.

I dont know, it just seems like Batman and Superman is all they can do. Give me something different already.

By Stoic

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 01:49 PM
tkitna is online now! Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I dont know, it just seems like Batman and Superman is all they can do. Give me something different already.
thumb up

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 02:39 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by -Pr-
This is going to seem rude, but: What the ****ing **** is up with this bullshit?

Seriously? People are whining because Man of Steel is getting a sequel with Batman in it? I'm sorry, one of the, if not the single most well-known hero in the world has a movie, and they're making a sequel of it, and that's a bad thing?

not to mention the fact that having Batman in this movie actually takes him out of the solo movie fold for a while, and allows them to, just like they've said, focus on other characters.

Though i'm sure all those people were just as mad when they decided to make Iron Man 2, or Thor 2, or Captain America 2. Or X-Men 3.

Sweet ****. Haterade must be in plentiful supply right now.

thumb up

Whats can you say to them. Haters gonna hate.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 05:28 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well, the movie it going to be called Batman vs Superman or Superman vs Batman.

If they are just at odds the whole movie then the title still makes sense.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 05:30 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Personally, I am hoping that they are just at odds. I am sure there will be a bit of a scuffle, and as long as it's made clear that Supes is holding back as much as possible while Bats whips out some k-nite or something (perhaps found from a joint waynetech/Lexcorp venture), I'll be totally on-board. I'm getting pretty pumped about this movie actually.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 07:51 PM
Darth Thor

Personally, I am hoping that they are just at odds. I am sure there will be a bit of a scuffle, and as long as it's made clear that Supes is holding back as much as possible while Bats whips out some k-nite or something (perhaps found from a joint waynetech/Lexcorp venture), I'll be totally on-board.

Well yeah.. It has to be something like that. The only other option is that Batman fights Superman in some kind of ExoSkeleton armor. Even then I'm sure either Kryptonian Tech and/or Kryptonite would be involved.

But still it's pretty much a guarantee that will be 1 fight in the movie(which will actually look cooler with some kind of BatBot) where Supes will probably still be holding back in fear of killing Batman.

Most likely for the majority of the film they will just be at odds. Batman will be getting into Supes head and outsmarting him at every turn. Supes will learn a lot with Batman as his Adversary. Batman will over time begin to admire Superman's innocence. They will defeat Luthor and Metallo(or another Supervillain) together and that will be the start of their legendary friendship and the Justice League.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 08:16 PM
Femi32

If its half as bad as MOS, then yes.

Well, we'll just have to wait and see if it's bad. Other than that, why be upset if it's being made? We've had 2 Superman movies in 26 years. That isn't over saturation.

As far as different is concerned, 2016 has Flash and 2017 has Justice League.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 08:26 PM