KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Avengers vs Pacific Rim

Avengers vs Pacific Rim
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
That's like saying Kaiju are weak because they got beat up by manmade robots and explosions.

Asgardian/Dark Elven blades seem to be more or less on par (I.e. cut through whatever they want) and that sci-fi grenade was like a localized black hole opening up in his chest. erm

Finally a voice of reason

Old Post Feb 8th, 2014 06:41 PM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

This is a good match up but I think the Avengers will ultimately win. Iron man (tony stark) is to much of an X factor here. If Iron Man is limited to using only the amount of energy in one Arc reactor then I think Kaiju might win. However, if he is able to strategically retreat during the battle then it's only a matter of time before the monsters fall. I think Thor is certainly capable of handling the focus of at least two Kaiju. This isn't to say that I think the film version of Thor could down two of the Kaiju alone but I think he would be more than capable of keeping at least two of the monsters at bay or focused on him. I think the Hulk would be capable of defeating these monsters, but only one at a time. If he has to deal with more than one at a time he may get overwhelmed. Although, this is just because we don't know the full limits of his powers and endurance. Captain America, Hawkeye and black widow aren't going to be of much use here. Hawkeye could be use full if he has a scientist concoct some kind of special explosive or poisonous arrows, other than that these three will be limited to causing distractions with military vehicles.

I think it's definitely possible for the Avengers to win but I don't believe they have as much of an advantage that this forum does. In fact I think they're at a great disadvantage. Their victory will depend on the genius of Bruce banner and Tony start, not the might of their alter egos.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2014 11:05 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
This is a good match up but I think the Avengers will ultimately win. Iron man (tony stark) is to much of an X factor here. If Iron Man is limited to using only the amount of energy in one Arc reactor then I think Kaiju might win. However, if he is able to strategically retreat during the battle then it's only a matter of time before the monsters fall. I think Thor is certainly capable of handling the focus of at least two Kaiju. This isn't to say that I think the film version of Thor could down two of the Kaiju alone but I think he would be more than capable of keeping at least two of the monsters at bay or focused on him. I think the Hulk would be capable of defeating these monsters, but only one at a time. If he has to deal with more than one at a time he may get overwhelmed. Although, this is just because we don't know the full limits of his powers and endurance. Captain America, Hawkeye and black widow aren't going to be of much use here. Hawkeye could be use full if he has a scientist concoct some kind of special explosive or poisonous arrows, other than that these three will be limited to causing distractions with military vehicles.

I think it's definitely possible for the Avengers to win but I don't believe they have as much of an advantage that this forum does. In fact I think they're at a great disadvantage. Their victory will depend on the genius of Bruce banner and Tony start, not the might of their alter egos.

You're forgetting one of the Kaiju has an EMP. Tony dies at the start.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
That's like saying Kaiju are weak because they got beat up by manmade robots and explosions.

Asgardian/Dark Elven blades seem to be more or less on par (I.e. cut through whatever they want) and that sci-fi grenade was like a localized black hole opening up in his chest. erm

Those manmade robots were strong enough to use an entire ship as if it was a baseball bat. That's a better strength feat than Hulk's Leviathan punch, and the big Kaiju was overpowering Gypsy with one arm.

I disagree. We can't compare the grenades with black holes because the best those grenades ever did was destroy a throne. Not impressive.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2014 07:16 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I could picture hulk just jumping down Kaiju throats and then bursting out...like a chest burster

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Feb 9th, 2014 09:42 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by steverules_2
I could picture hulk just jumping down Kaiju throats and then bursting out...like a chest burster

Thor and hulk could both do this.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2014 10:22 PM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Yes they could...and afterwards hulk would punch thor smile

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Feb 9th, 2014 10:23 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

Hulk solos the whole thing. He punched the flying whale plane in the face and it fell over backwards and died. Hulk will punch them in the face they'll stagger backwards and pain. Then he'll continue to grapple and rip around their body causing immense pain. Then another K will try to eat hulk whole, but what's this? The hulk did an amazing hulk jump to a third K and the other end up tearing a chunk out of the other. Hulk jumps in the air and kicks one in the face straight down knocking it in to the water a massive crash. Hulk is then successfully eaten and swallowed by the second. It seems happy and turns to the others when suddenly it feels immense pain and hulks busts out of its throat like a beautiful green angel of death.

Hulk solo's whole fight.

Lets start by summoning feats.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2014 11:21 PM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
Hulk solos the whole thing. He punched the flying whale plane in the face and it fell over backwards and died.

I doubt that flying whale could tank a nuke.

I'm going with the Kaiju here. If it took days on constant military bombardment to take out the weakest one, then I'm pretty sure IM will deplete his entire arsenal before he takes on down. If Hulk manages to make one them bleed, the acidic blood will corrode Hulk into a skeletal husk. Thor is the only one with a chance here, and IDK if he can take down Slattern.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Feb 11th, 2014 07:17 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Hulk reverted back to Banner after falling from the Hellicarrier, the aliens also had him on the ropes at one point. Kaijus stomp him to death.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2014 11:37 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by NemeBro
Keep in mind that Thor is a considerably faster and smaller target than anything we see the Kaiju take out.

I doubt they can take a hammer to the eye too well.

Hulk and Thor are actually probably stronger, to be honest. Based on their showings against Gipsy Danger, who weighs "only" 450 tons or some shit.
+1

Thor lobotomizes one by one. The rest of the Avengers are boned though.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 13th, 2014 01:57 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Godzilla stomps

There no way the adaptation Avengers can take on the monsters from PR, these guys are way too big... really.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2014 02:21 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maxivitopowe
Herr Universem

Iirc Kurse wasn't really bothered by the impaling was he?

Don't nukes give out an EMP blast on detonation?
Iirc Tony want really affected after the rigours of both travelling unprepared in space and having a nuke basically go off in his face. When revived he seemed to have full mobility with his suit
Also you're forgetting that Thor can charge him up to 4000% [citation needed]

IMO Hulk breaks their skulls using kaiju shells, Thor gives them a tonsillectomy (hey real word) with Mjolnir and summons a Bifröst buster

(is this specially avengers movie avengers or just characters that have advanced since then ?[is Incredible Hulk canon?])

Ignore list : BoardWalker

Old Post Feb 13th, 2014 03:15 AM
maxivitopowe is currently offline Click here to Send maxivitopowe a Private Message Find more posts by maxivitopowe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Apparently an update on Gipsy Danger's mass has been made. It is now just shy of 2,000 tons.

Still too light but eh.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2014 03:17 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Iirc Kurse wasn't really bothered by the impaling was he?

Don't nukes give out an EMP blast on detonation?
Iirc Tony want really affected after the rigours of both travelling unprepared in space and having a nuke basically go off in his face. When revived he seemed to have full mobility with his suit
Also you're forgetting that Thor can charge him up to 4000% [citation needed]

IMO Hulk breaks their skulls using kaiju shells, Thor gives them a tonsillectomy (hey real word) with Mjolnir and summons a Bifröst buster

(is this specially avengers movie avengers or just characters that have advanced since then ?[is Incredible Hulk canon?])

There's no way Hulk and Thor can easily kill creatures that can tank the military for days. Also what defense do the Avengers have against the acid?

Originally posted by NemeBro
Apparently an update on Gipsy Danger's mass has been made. It is now just shy of 2,000 tons.

Still too light but eh.

Yeah the Jaegers definitely look heavier. Even so the big Kaiju lifted Gypsy and tossed it several miles. That's a better strength feat than anything movie Hulk has ever done imo.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2014 12:24 PM
emporerpants

Can someone explain to me how the kaiju took nukes but missiles in Striker Eureka's chest still kill them quickly?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2014 07:03 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by emporerpants
Can someone explain to me how the kaiju took nukes but missiles in Striker Eureka's chest still kill them quickly?

They are infused with powerful robot energy.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 13th, 2014 07:17 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Actually, I was thinking that perhaps they harvested an incredible amount of energy through a dimensional aperature code named simply as "plot hole."

Old Post Feb 13th, 2014 08:21 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

It's actually pretty hard for the Kaiju to defeat Hulk, Thor, and IM (other than EMP). They're pretty small, pretty fast, and pretty strong.

And while it will probably take a while for the team to defeat the Kaiju, I still think it's more plausible than the other way around. Only problem is by the time the Avengers defeat all the Kaiju, probably half the world would be dead.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2014 10:24 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

I don't believe they can tank a nuke. I think the wiki is wrong. Not uncommon for a wiki.

Lets start by summoning feats.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2014 11:02 PM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Psychotron
You're forgetting one of the Kaiju has an EMP. Tony dies at the start.

I wasn't forgetting that, I just don't know how much of an effect an emp blast would have on Starks Arc reactor. It's an element that I assume may be affected by an emp blast but there's nothing to suggest how strong of an affect it may have. I know he doesn't require reactors to live anymore but that energy is the same type of energy that powers his suits and I really doubt that an EMP blast would permanently shut his suits down. Like I said before if Start has no prep time an only access to one suit then the Avengers don't have a chance. If the Avengers have time to develop a strategy then I think they have an incredible chance of winning.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2014 07:55 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote