KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Batman and Spider-Man swap cities. Who fares better against the other'senemies?

The Batman and Spider-Man swap cities. Who fares better against the other'senemies?
Started by: maxivitopowe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

Re: Re: The Batman and Spider-Man swap cities. Who fares better against the other'senemies?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by deathslash
erm You switched the villains of a high level meta with a high level street character? Of course Spider-man has better success under these circumstances.

+1

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2018 07:27 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Senor Cage
Pretty much. He also has access to a cosmic treadmill, can block telepathic attacks, attacks who can shrink sub atomic, attacks from Dr. Light, can react to 0.0003 of a second, etc.. his suit can do it all.

These frats don't count his last appearances, where he easily fooled Midnighter, infiltrated the JLA headquarters, etc...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.re...#ampf=undefined

Pretty much? I remember him nearly beating the JLA single handly but I don't remember all the superheroes teaming up against him and and him leading a cabal of superheroes. When did this happen?

Also not sure if Promtheus is a Batman supervillain. In other words I don't think Batman has fought him on his own without the help of other supervillains. Dr Doom is not part of Captain Americas rogue gallery but Cap has fought him many times teamed up with other superheroes.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2018 10:58 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

A gang of heroes (Supergirl, Starman, Flash, Shade, etc...) in JLA: Cry For Justice all ganged up on him.

He's considered a Batman villain. He's the Anti-Batman. Anyway, with prep, Prometheus would destroy Osbron.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2018 11:00 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

A gang of heroes (Supergirl, Starman, Flash, Shade, etc...) in JLA: Cry For Justice all ganged up on him.

He's considered a Batman villain. He's the Anti-Batman. Anyway, with prep, Prometheus would destroy Osbron.

Ahh but was he also leading a cabal of superheroes.

I don't care what he's called ( I know he's the Anti-Bat) I'm betting Batman has never fought him on his own. Am I right?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2018 11:02 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

He did fight him on his own, lol. Prometheus has appeared in other bat-books as well, includning BOP.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2018 11:03 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

He did fight him on his own, lol. Prometheus has appeared in other bat-books as well, includning BOP.

Nah sorry not buying it, yes I do think he fought him on how own in a 1 on 1 encounter not a prep war. I'll be honest I've only read Promtheus on his JLA showings which were very impressive. But I had a quick look at the Batman showings and it's not as clear cut as you're making it, for starters he was teamed up with Hush, he got poisned and it looked like Hush had to save his life or somebody else. And it looks like Batman wasn't even entirely concentrating on him because he had other objectives. Ok it looks like Promtheus as I suspected hasn't even got that many Batman showings. It still looks like he's not really a Batman villain. Punisher has fought Dr Doom that mean Dr Doom is part of Punisher's rogue gallery?

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/prometheus/4005-22784/

Sorry but Promtheus still doesn't have a showing as impressive as Norman Osborn not only did all the heroes have to team up against him but he was leading a team of other supervillains which included the likes of Loki and Dr Doom. Also i don't think in cry for justice Promotheus was fighting all the major teams that would include not just the JLA but JSA and Teen Titans. I don't think there was any JSA involved.

Yes Promtheus seems technologically superior but Norman isn't that bad and it looks like he's even more shrewder than Promtheus. Norman would have other ways to be a threat.

EDIT: My bad can see some JSA members in the team-ups but got some missing.

Last edited by Deadline on Nov 23rd, 2018 at 11:27 PM

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2018 11:24 PM
Senor Cage

Sorry, not buying it. Osborn isn't nearly half as intelligent as Prometheus, in terms of tech, nor does he have the resources he does. You can believe what you want, but Prometheus walks all over him. I could care less if Osborn lead a team of super-villains. LMAO.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2018 01:15 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Prometheus is not a Batman villain. We need a mod ruling on this.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 26th, 2018 07:31 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Sorry, not buying it. Osborn isn't nearly half as intelligent as Prometheus, in terms of tech, nor does he have the resources he does. You can believe what you want, but Prometheus walks all over him. I could care less if Osborn lead a team of super-villains. LMAO.

Well it doesn't matter wether you think that he walks all over Osborn because Prometheus has never fought Batman in a prep war.

If you want to ignore important points that's up to you but what Osborn did in Dark Reign is significantly more impressive than What Prometheus did. Fighting 'every' superhero in America and leading a cabal of major supervillains requires a lot of strategy and smarts. I'm stating the obvious but you don't seem to be interested.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2018 08:50 PM
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Thanos appeared in a Spider-Man book, he's a Spider-Man villain.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Nov 26th, 2018 10:28 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Deadline
Well it doesn't matter wether you think that he walks all over Osborn because Prometheus has never fought Batman in a prep war.

If you want to ignore important points that's up to you but what Osborn did in Dark Reign is significantly more impressive than What Prometheus did. Fighting 'every' superhero in America and leading a cabal of major supervillains requires a lot of strategy and smarts. I'm stating the obvious but you don't seem to be interested.

How did he fight them?

Old Post Nov 26th, 2018 11:42 PM
Stoic
Avenger

How would Batman get past Maximum Carnage? I find myself pulling for Spiderman more often than not, in this scenario . Batman would have an uphill battle against most of Spiderman"s rogue gallery. Take Morlun for example, he seems to be a far larger threat than most of Bruce's enemies combined. The radiation weakness is also a fairly new revelation that was placed on the character, and something that Batman would never know in a first encounter.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2018 11:15 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Stoic
How would Batman get past Maximum Carnage? I find myself pulling for Spiderman more often than not, in this scenario . Batman would have an uphill battle against most of Spiderman"s rogue gallery. Take Morlun for example, he seems to be a far larger threat than most of Bruce's enemies combined. The radiation weakness is also a fairly new revelation that was placed on the character, and something that Batman would never know in a first encounter.

Bruce would need prep for sure. He'd overcome pretty much all with prep.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2018 12:25 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by Stoic

Simply put, Batman is much much much much smarter than Peter and also Doc Oct btw. He is a super-genius when it comes to tactics and other fields of combat. Facing opponents who rely more on their raw power than their own smarts is an argument for Bruce not one against him. He would be less cocky than Spiderman, more careful because of the unknown circumstances. Propably he would first hack the Avengers and SHIELDS Database to learn what he needs to know. He would do the research and act accordingly, contrary to Spiderman.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Nov 27th, 2018 12:46 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

(please log in to view the image)

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Last edited by Parmaniac on Nov 27th, 2018 at 03:10 PM

Old Post Nov 27th, 2018 03:07 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by Parmaniac

laughing out loud thumb up

Though if you think about Batmans Enemies and that the signal is above a Police Station and that Batman first scouts before he appears, his enemies would have to be idiots to appear there in the first place.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Nov 27th, 2018 03:16 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

More like Batman's Enemies would be FOOLS if they think that THE BATMAN would Not be Ready for them to attack the Signal. Cause He is the GAWD DURN BATMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Nov 27th, 2018 05:25 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

How did he fight them?

He tricked the general public into thinking he was a good guy. He then used that to increase his status and power. I think he took over SHIELD it became HAMMER. He stole Tony Stark's tech (got Ghost to break in) and built himself a suit and he lead a team of super villains posing as heroes.

Some of it involved fighting with his team but most of it involved manipulation and strategy. He was running Hammer, had effectively an army of supervillains and was leading a cabal of major supervillans.

Anyway I think this is moot because I realise that it seems that Osborn has transcended Spiderman's rogues gallery.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2018 11:53 PM
Senor Cage

He tricked the general public into thinking he was a good guy. He then used that to increase his status and power. I think he took over SHIELD it became HAMMER. He stole Tony Stark's tech (got Ghost to break in) and built himself a suit and he lead a team of super villains posing as heroes.

Some of it involved fighting with his team but most of it involved manipulation and strategy. He was running Hammer, had effectively an army of supervillains and was leading a cabal of major supervillans.

Anyway I think this is moot because I realise that it seems that Osborn has transcended Spiderman's rogues gallery.

Prometheus did the exact same thing (tricked the Justice League, Midnighter (with a computer brain), the people, etc...

He took on some of DC's best heroes and had come up with plans to take down every meta on the planet (not just in the U.S.) and took down a trans/sky-father level being (The Shade) with utter ease.

We can agree to disagree, but for me, Prometheus is more impressive and leads in nearly every category, in terms of prep, strategy, and science. Osborn hasn't come up with the plans Promethus has.

Oh, and Prometheus's suit>>>Osborn's suit. Prometheus didn't have to steal any tech, he created his from scratch.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2018 12:59 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

He didn't build himself a suit; he stole one and HAMMER guys were working overtime just to make it operational for him.

It was missing components, repulsor tech and Tony in his most primitive armor (and heavily brain damaged) was able to fight IP Osborn for a good while.

Loved Dark Reign, though. And Osborn was a global threat when in charge of HAMMER, but the suit he stole was quite shitty. Norman may be brilliant, but he's no Stark.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2018 01:11 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote