KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Batman and Spider-Man swap cities. Who fares better against the other'senemies?

The Batman and Spider-Man swap cities. Who fares better against the other'senemies?
Started by: maxivitopowe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SamZED

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Do tell please school me on parkers superior will power over Wayne
Or you could read a book or two and see all the things Pete accomplished through sheer will power? Because if you honestly think he's weak willed I'm not wasting time arguing. Heck the very reason Ock has a different approach on fighting crime is because he's seen Pete's memories and said all the things Pete's done through sheer power of will are impossible. But I'm curious what do you base your opinion on.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 12:34 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

There's a difference between being weak-willed, and simply having less will-power than someone.

I would never claim Parker was weak-willed, but I would still argue that Bruce edges him out in will-power.

As far as villains go, I would think that, obviously, Parker would have more success than Bruce would against most villains. I just worry about the Joker, and how he'd handle him.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 12:39 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by -Pr-
There's a difference between being weak-willed, and simply having less will-power than someone.

I would never claim Parker was weak-willed, but I would still argue that Bruce edges him out in will-power.

As far as villains go, I would think that, obviously, Parker would have more success than Bruce would against most villains. I just worry about the Joker, and how he'd handle him.
I personally don't agree but see how the argument can be made for both characters. My response was to Sin's comment that specifically stated that Pete is "weak willed" and that's just ridiculous.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 12:48 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by SamZED
I personally don't agree but see how the argument can be made for both characters. My response was to Sin's comment that specifically stated that Pete is "weak willed" and that's just ridiculous.

Yeah, my statement was more to Sin too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 12:49 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Or you could read a book or two and see all the things Pete accomplished through sheer will power? Because if you honestly think he's weak willed I'm not wasting time arguing. Heck the very reason Ock has a different approach on fighting crime is because he's seen Pete's memories and said all the things Pete's done through sheer power of will are impossible. But I'm curious what do you base your opinion on.

Don't condescend. My statement is correct. Spiderman is NOT as strong willed as Batman. Maybe if you hadn't interjected prematurely you would have seen that was the stance I'd taken. The "weak-willed" comment was more out of jest than anything.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 12:53 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Don't condescend. My statement is correct. Spiderman is NOT as strong willed as Batman. Maybe if you hadn't interjected prematurely you would have seen that was the stance I'd taken. The "weak-willed" comment was more out of jest than anything.
If you believe Batman has superior will (although I disagree) you're entitled to your opinion. But what you actually said was "Batman is not weak willed as Parker". Not the same thing. And I don't see how it'd change anything in the context of this thread seeing how Pete's will had nothing to do with Ock using a mind-wiping machine to erase the remains of Pete's personality. Don't see how Batman would've faired any better under the circumstances. And speaking of will power, Ock ultimately failed seeing how Pete willed himself back already.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 01:06 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

If you believe Batman has superior will (although I disagree) you're entitled to your opinion. But what you actually said was "Batman is not weak willed as Parker". Not the same thing. And I don't see how it'd change anything in the context of this thread seeing how Pete's will had nothing to do with Ock using a mind-wiping machine to erase the remains of Pete's personality. Don't see how Batman would've faired any better under the circumstances. And speaking of will power, Ock ultimately failed seeing how Pete willed himself back already.

Because when it comes to being controlled by machines, telepaths or gods Batman has proved time and time again his will power is absolute and I have no doubts that he would have repelled otto and rather easily

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 01:09 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

SamZED, you're wrong. And I hate you.

How many times has Spiderman chucked in the towel and contemplated giving up his life as Spidey?

When Batman tries to chuck it in, his own psychosis fights back and refuses to let go. If Otto tried to take over, his backup Batman would fight back, and he would be fiercer than Parker.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 01:24 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Because when it comes to being controlled by machines, telepaths or gods Batman has proved time and time again his will power is absolute and I have no doubts that he would have repelled otto and rather easily
Good thing mind control is not as addictive as Bane venom... Do I really need to bring up all the times Spider-man's fought and resisted mind control to prove a point. There's more to will power than that because otherwise freaking Deadpool would have more will power than Batman. In my opinion will power is finding strength to keep fighting when there's no hope left and fighting when there's no fight left in you. And when it comes to that Spider-man is not far behind guys like Cap and Supes.
For example, in one of the older books we've seen Pete die while protecting a little girl from an explosion. They both ended up in Death's realm. There was Thanos and lady Death herself. The girl's spirit was "unconscious" and Thanos told him that she's too far gone and belongs to Lady Death now while Pete can still get back among the living if he chooses to. Needless to say he was absolutely helpless in that situation. What did he do? Basically said "FU" to both of them and went up against a 40-foot Thanos.

Then there's this (he was dead three seconds ago):
http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/3126476.html
And billion other similar showings.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
SamZED, you're wrong. And I hate you.

How many times has Spiderman chucked in the towel and contemplated giving up his life as Spidey?

When Batman tries to chuck it in, his own psychosis fights back and refuses to let go. If Otto tried to take over, his backup Batman would fight back, and he would be fiercer than Parker.
I'm never wrong and you're just jealous.

Giving up the life of superhero was never about will. And while we're on the subject Pete was once given the chance to give up being Spider-man, get back to normal life, basically rewrite history so that uncle Ben would be saved. And he wanted that more than anything but refused because that'd also mean giving up the responsibility and hoping that some other hero will save all the people he saved.
Psychosis exactly. Batman loves being Batman more than he loves helping people. Otherwise he would've ended Joker a long time ago his morals and code be damned. At some point it just becomes hypocrisy. Seriously I'd pay a great sum of money to see Batman in a situation similar to the one Vash (Trigun) was in. Vash ultimately made the right choice sacrificing his humanity, Batman would've probably just let everyone die and be full of himself. All is good as long as he personally doesn't pull the trigger, right? Ock would've erased him by pointing out that hypocrisy.evil face
And Pete is not done fighting yet, see the later SSM issues.

Last edited by SamZED on Feb 10th, 2014 at 02:10 PM

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 02:07 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm glad you're being sarcastic about Batman, because wow... laughing out loud

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 02:20 PM
DarkSaint85

Good thing mind control is not as addictive as Bane venom... Do I really need to bring up all the times Spider-man's fought and resisted mind control to prove a point. There's more to will power than that because otherwise freaking Deadpool would have more will power than Batman. In my opinion will power is finding strength to keep fighting when there's no hope left and fighting when there's no fight left in you. And when it comes to that Spider-man is not far behind guys like Cap and Supes.
For example, in one of the older books we've seen Pete die while protecting a little girl from an explosion. They both ended up in Death's realm. There was Thanos and lady Death herself. The girl's spirit was "unconscious" and Thanos told him that she's too far gone and belongs to Lady Death now while Pete can still get back among the living if he chooses to. Needless to say he was absolutely helpless in that situation. What did he do? Basically said "FU" to both of them and went up against a 40-foot Thanos.

Then there's this (he was dead three seconds ago):
http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/3126476.html
And billion other similar showings.

I'm never wrong and you're just jealous.

Giving up the life of superhero was never about will. And while we're on the subject Pete was once given the chance to give up being Spider-man, get back to normal life, basically rewrite history so that uncle Ben would be saved. And he wanted that more than anything but refused because that'd also mean giving up the responsibility and hoping that some other hero will save all the people he saved.
Psychosis exactly. Batman loves being Batman more than he loves helping people. Otherwise he would've ended Joker a long time ago his morals and code be damned. At some point it just becomes hypocrisy. Seriously I'd pay a great sum of money to see Batman in a situation similar to the one Vash (Trigun) was in. Vash ultimately made the right choice sacrificing his humanity, Batman would've probably just let everyone die and be full of himself. All is good as long as he personally doesn't pull the trigger, right? Ock would've erased him by pointing out that hypocrisy.evil face
And Pete is not done fighting yet, see the later SSM issues.

And in reply (good job bringing up Clark, btw), where Superman fails against Mageddon, Batman saves him by refusing to give up.

They're both close in willpower, anyways. Most comic book characters are. Even Deadpool - an argument can be made for him. It takes a certain someone to pull on tights and do what they do everyday. Highest of all would be the Hydra and AIM grunt agents, when they repeatedly go up against the Avengers/X-men/FF. They're fighting literal gods, with comic book lazer guns....that takes gumption and will.

In a battle of willpower, my money will be on Batman.

In this thread, still Bats, but its much much closer now that the Spideys have Horizon Labs.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 02:21 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by -Pr-
I'm glad you're being sarcastic about Batman, because wow... laughing out loud
Who says I'm being sarcastic?shifty
See I know how to work the system, first I trash Batman's character then I make a short comment praising Superman's will power to balance it out and avoid getting permabanned by you. I'm a real life evil genius. evil face

But I was serious when I mentioned the Trigun scenario, I would really like to see what Batman would do in a similar situation.

And in reply (good job bringing up Clark, btw), where Superman fails against Mageddon, Batman saves him by refusing to give up.

They're both close in willpower, anyways. Most comic book characters are. Even Deadpool - an argument can be made for him. It takes a certain someone to pull on tights and do what they do everyday. Highest of all would be the Hydra and AIM grunt agents, when they repeatedly go up against the Avengers/X-men/FF. They're fighting literal gods, with comic book lazer guns....that takes gumption and will.

In a battle of willpower, my money will be on Batman.

In this thread, still Bats, but its much much closer now that the Spideys have Horizon Labs.
But are they really that strong or just retarded? I mean the AIM and Hydra agents.laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 02:39 PM
DarkSaint85

But are they really that strong or just retarded? I mean the AIM and Hydra agents.laughing out loud

It's a fine line, a fine line I tell you!! mad mad

No more retarded than going up against 2/5ths of a cosmic force, one of whom's a Hell Lord, the other, an avater of destruction.

Or attempting to mind probe an alien weapon from before our Universe that was created to kill gods, aided only by the Manjobber and a crying Clark.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 02:43 PM
maxivitopowe
Herr Universem

Ignore list : BoardWalker

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 03:20 PM
maxivitopowe is currently offline Click here to Send maxivitopowe a Private Message Find more posts by maxivitopowe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Otto then gets beaten bloody by the Batman of Zur En Arrh....

Morrison is non canon in my Bat-verse

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 03:24 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

It's a fine line, a fine line I tell you!! mad mad

No more retarded than going up against 2/5ths of a cosmic force, one of whom's a Hell Lord, the other, an avater of destruction.

Or attempting to mind probe an alien weapon from before our Universe that was created to kill gods, aided only by the Manjobber and a crying Clark.

Batman was crying like a girl with a minor contact with Maggeddon's mind and J'onn was protecting him from full contact with Maggeddon. Superman took ALL the suffering in the maggeddon warhead in himself and smiled after that.

Also remember Emperor Joker when Bruce was crying like a girl and Kal took pity on him and took all his memories in himself?

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 04:49 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by abhilegend
Batman was crying like a girl with a minor contact with Maggeddon's mind and J'onn was protecting him from full contact with Maggeddon. Superman took ALL the suffering in the maggeddon warhead in himself and smiled after that.

Also remember Emperor Joker when Bruce was crying like a girl and Kal took pity on him and took all his memories in himself?

All non-canon and lies!!!!!!!!

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 04:58 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

All non-canon and lies!!!!!!!!

laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 05:07 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Abhilegend is super annoying when it comes to superman, but awesome when he uses his powers for good (aka Spider-man)

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 07:28 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Yea because batmans rogues take it easy on him

On average, Spidey's rogues gallery is larger and far more dangerous. Don't act like their interchangeable.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 07:30 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote