KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Bane vs. Maul bros.

Darth Bane vs. Maul bros.
Started by: The Merchant

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Raptor22
The logic being used in this thread is quite poor.

Enlighten us then.

The only poor logic is coming from Neph

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 05:33 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by Nephthys
Bane's lightning outclasses Dooku's.

And his lightning was also dodged by a fodder semi-force sensitive old man named Hetton thumb up

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 05:34 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Originally posted by carthage
Enlighten us then.
ok.

Savage is a powerful combatant but mediocre lightsaber duelist at best. His main attributes are his physical strength, powerful tk, and the ability to tank punches and kicks. This is demonstrated in almost all of his fights.

These quotes r a little early in his training but they give a good base.

Obi wan- " This is the work of a reckless, impulsive animal"

Dooku- "u have no technique." "Sloppy"

Fights-

Master Halsey- savage uses his strength to crush his arm until he drops his lightsaber, then tanks his physical blows and beats him down while hes unarmed.

Obi-wan & Anakin- They pin him down, but he over powers them, throws them off, then drops a hover platform on them and flees.

Dooku- takes savage 7 swings to even connect once with dookus lightsaber, then when it does it overpowers dooku and he gets sent flying, then he gets zapped by dooku a bunch of times, turns on ventress, flails around for a bit missing more swings, finally connects and sends ventress flying, then tk's dooku.

Ventress- Savage tanks a few kicks to the face, a palm strike, another kick then slams ventresses head into a box disarming her. Then he grabs her leg and throws her accross the room. Savage proceeds to land some punches but is unable to strike her down with his saber, even though shes unarmed. She gets a saber from kenobi, and it cuts to maul vs kenobi.

Adi galia- savage tanks a leg kick, tk's her into a wall then impales her with his horns.

Kenobi out numbered- Savage did nothing but get kicked 7 times, 6 of them in the same leg then got his arm cut off.

Plo Koon- Tore off his mask.

Tatsu- probably his only victory thru sheer lightsaber skill. Unfortunately it was against a noob padawn, after he pissed savage off by calling him a coward, and got his hand cut off for it. Not really a master level skill performance.

Maul- oddly enough against the one person he fought that he doesnt have a massive strength/power advantage over, he gets disarmed and put down in less than 5 seconds. Weird huh.

Im seeing alot of physical/force overpowering and damage soak, but not much in pure skill.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 07:34 AM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I'm guessing you missed the part where Bane has no comparable showings, and highlighting the forms he knows doesn't mean he is a better duelist than Savage. You can breakdown his performances all you want, but as Bane has never beaten anyone without a nexus, amp, or Orbalisks apart from Sirak, your point is moot.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 07:36 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

****ing hell, dude has some nerve telling other people their logic is poor LOL.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 07:38 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Yeah, the Fodd'ari of legend loses yet another match.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 07:38 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

No one thus far has been able to actually show that Bane has better showings, so much as attack the tangential issue of Savage's lack of refinement. Which would be good if you're opponent had objectively better showings, Bane simply has no superior showings by virtue of his own skill:

Bane lost to Fohargh, lost to Sirak once and killed him, and only fought evenly with Darth Zannah who has only beaten a half-trained failed Jedi Set Harth. He only beat the Tython strike team with a nexus amp/orbalisks, and never beat any duelist comparable to Plo Koon or even Adi Gallia

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 07:41 AM
The Merchant

He also got stomped by a Mercenary team.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 07:42 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

He also got stomped by Sithspawn on Korriban in POD, and also got stomped by the orbalisks on Dxun lol

Last edited by carthage on Nov 15th, 2014 at 07:46 AM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 07:44 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
These quotes r a little early in his training but they give a good base.

Obi wan- " This is the work of a reckless, impulsive animal"

Dooku- "u have no technique." "Sloppy"
Subjective opinions mean little, this was Savage with barely any training, and Dooku said similar stuff about Grievous whilst watching him sparring. He even said to himself that Grievous was "hopeless", when, evidently he isn't.

quote:
Master Halsey- savage uses his strength to crush his arm until he drops his lightsaber, then tanks his physical blows and beats him down while hes unarmed.
You're missing the part where Savage caught his sword arm and disarmed him using a pretty common wrist pressure point, and the part where he dodged Hasley's blows and then beat him down with his axe. That was actually a decent showing of agility and skill and anyone with functioning eyeballs should hopefully be able to attest to this.

quote:
Obi-wan & Anakin- They pin him down, but he over powers them, throws them off, then drops a hover platform on them and flees.
This wasn't even a dueling scenario lmao, Savage was tasked with capturing one of the little flying dinosaur dudes. He had no reason to be fighting them.

quote:
Dooku- takes savage 7 swings to even connect once with dookus lightsaber, then when it does it overpowers dooku and he gets sent flying, then he gets zapped by dooku a bunch of times, turns on ventress, flails around for a bit missing more swings, finally connects and sends ventress flying, then tk's dooku.
You don't have to be "mediocre at best" to be outclassed by Dooku in terms of raw skill.

quote:
Ventress- Savage tanks a few kicks to the face, a palm strike, another kick then slams ventresses head into a box disarming her. Then he grabs her leg and throws her accross the room. Savage proceeds to land some punches but is unable to strike her down with his saber, even though shes unarmed. She gets a saber from kenobi, and it cuts to maul vs kenobi.
First off, both Savage and Maul received kicks to the face from both Kenobi and Ventress, so unless you want to group Maul along in your little downplay-fest, this is a moot point. Next, Savage actually dodged the palm strike, tanked one kick, dodged another blow and then pushed Ventress over the crate, disarming her. That was a good showing of martial arts skill for Savage. Your argument about her being unarmed and Savage failing to kill her kind of falls short when you consider shit like Ventress failing to kill Kenobi while he was unarmed and taunting her as if the whole duel was casual. For story purposes, characters who are disarmed pretty much never die. They do some cool dodging bullshit then regain a saber, 99% of the time.

quote:
Adi galia- savage tanks a leg kick, tk's her into a wall then impales her with his horns.
I think we're forgetting about the prolonged, even duel they had prior to this which had nothing to do with durability, physical stats or Force power. Sure, Savage won through durability and TK, but his skill carried him through the majority of the duel itself.

quote:
Kenobi out numbered- Savage did nothing but get kicked 7 times, 6 of them in the same leg then got his arm cut off.
This partly due to Kenobi surprising both brothers with an unorthodox, uber-offensive fighting form, and the fact the area was extremely cramped not allowing Savage to move around. Plus Maul has been kicked by Kenobi during duels a ridiculous number of times for someone who is meant to be a master of something like a dozen martial arts so it's really no slight against Savage.

quote:
Plo Koon- Tore off his mask.
Are you forgetting the extensive duel they had prior to this? The one where Savage had to contend with clone whilst dueling Plo simultaneously? There are panels where Savage is literally fighting Plo and dodging blaster bolts at the same time. Savage even landed a kick to boot. This fight actually shits all over your parade, I find it funny you even tried to mention it as a way of demonstrating Savage's lack of skill.

quote:
Maul- oddly enough against the one person he fought that he doesnt have a massive strength/power advantage over, he gets disarmed and put down in less than 5 seconds. Weird huh.
Maul used a wrist pressure point, and a pair of enchanted metal legs which have snapped Jedi bones and killed Jedi in single strikes, to subdue Savage, two things everyone listed here lacks, and this was Savage with minimal training.

Savage obviously isn't entirely based on skill, nobody is saying that. He's a mixture of strength and skill. His durability also helps him in some situations, and he takes advantage of his TK at certain moments. But a lot of you mother****ers act like he just runs in, breaks peoples wrists with one swing, tanks 90 punches and then blows the place up with TK, every fight. It's borderline short bus material.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 07:59 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

I'm guessing you missed the part where Bane has no comparable showings, and highlighting the forms he knows doesn't mean he is a better duelist than Savage. You can breakdown his performances all you want, but as Bane has never beaten anyone without a nexus, amp, or Orbalisks apart from Sirak, your point is moot.
i think ur getting a little obsessed with bane. I never mentioned him nor did i say he was a superior duelist to savage. (He is but thats beside the point). I was simply highlighting the poor logic being used to say that Savage is a highly skilled duelist. Then like usual u go on a rant about bane. Whats up with that?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 08:11 AM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your AVI is ugly as hell change it

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 08:12 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

i think ur getting a little obsessed with bane. I never mentioned him nor did i say he was a superior duelist to savage. (He is but thats beside the point). I was simply highlighting the poor logic being used to say that Savage is a highly skilled duelist. Then like usual u go on a rant about bane. Whats up with that?

The post was made in reference to earlier terrible posts by Neph. None of your points addressed how "poor of a duelist" Savage was anyway, so much as showcase your own nitpickings on why you thought he was- all of which were promptly rebutted by I like swords. This post is about Bane vs. the Maul brothers, so referencing deficiencies in Savage's form, yet not bringing up comparable showings for the person that's being argued for isn't adding anything new to the discussion.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 08:16 AM
Raptor22

The post was made in reference to earlier terrible posts by Neph. None of your points addressed how "poor of a duelist" Savage was anyway, so much as showcase your own nitpickings on why you thought he was- all of which were promptly rebutted by I like swords. This post is about Bane vs. the Maul brothers, so referencing deficiencies in Savage's form, yet not bringing up comparable showings for the person that's being argued for isn't adding anything new to the discussion.
so i cant discuss savages saber skills if i dont talk about bane in the same post? Thats weird because in ur response u went on about bane but didnt mention the brothers. Does that mean u didnt add anything new to the discussion also?

Also ils didnt rebut much, most of its excuses for lack of skill and things without context, which ill get to tomorrow because its late, but an example would be his first point where he compares dookus comments on grievous. Hes right he did say those things, but he left out the context that dooku was comparing grievous with some of the best swordsmen ever, and he didnt measure up to them. With savage he was simply saying hes sloppy as a duelist, not sloppy compared to mace or someone.

If u cant see the difference between the 2 comparisons there is probably no point in going any further with this tomorrow.

Last edited by Raptor22 on Nov 15th, 2014 at 08:47 AM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 08:44 AM
McP

I dont think, that Bane is inferior to level 8 duelists. I would place him around them, actually. But still, Maul alone should be able to beat Bane. They're about equals. With Savage on Maul's side, it's completly one-sided. Bros takes 10 out of 10.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 09:52 AM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Originally posted by McP
I dont think, that Bane is inferior to level 8 duelists. I would place him around them, actually. But still, Maul alone should be able to beat Bane. They're about equals. With Savage on Maul's side, it's completly one-sided. Bros takes 10 out of 10.

thumb up

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 02:53 PM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nalaniel

He hates how much he actually loves Bane.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 03:00 PM
Click here to Send Nalaniel a Private Message Find more posts by Nalaniel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also ils didnt rebut much, most of its excuses for lack of skill and things without context, which ill get to tomorrow because its late
lmfao

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 08:41 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
but an example would be his first point where he compares dookus comments on grievous. Hes right he did say those things, but he left out the context that dooku was comparing grievous with some of the best swordsmen ever, and he didnt measure up to them. With savage he was simply saying hes sloppy as a duelist, not sloppy compared to mace or someone.
Of course Grievous measured up to them, he measured up to Mace himself for a kick off, defeated Ventress, has plentiful accolades which would denote him qualifying as "some of the best swordsmen ever", ect. Grievous has challenged Dooku legitimately in sparring matches in the past, and that's with Dooku having the advantage of being his trainer and controlling what he is allowed to learn. The comparison is absolutely valid, therefore Dooku's subjective commentary on his apprentices means jack in comparison to the results they achieve.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 08:54 AM
WildBantha88

Bane doesn't even need his lightsaber. He wins via force powers

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 11:56 AM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote