- Ares encounters the Age of the Sentry version of the Sentry and thinks he is dealing with the prime Sentry. During the fight Sentry gets angry and one-shots Ares: http://imgur.com/a/Ri0wJ
Scans from: Contest of Champions #3 & #4
HEROES & VILLAINS vs (AOS) SENTRY
- Sentry wants the contest participants to stop fighting each other. They don't listen to him, so he gets angry, turns into the Void and one-shots all of them with a thunderclap: http://imgur.com/a/W1myK
Scans from: Contest of Champions #5
Brian Michael Bendis talks about Sentry's power set:
Bendis: "We've now unveiled all of our cards - about who the Sentry is and what his powers are. We've unveiled in Dark Avengers #12 that the Sentry, on top of his powers, has powers like the Molecule Man. He actually has the ability to craft / to form a reality from a molecular level. And that's where his powers have come from. [...] And there is no limit to the power level that he has."
Men...i really have to say. This thread is beautiful to The Sentry's name. Thanks to Enzeru and even Angry Scott for keeping this thread alive for an almost unknown but very great character. Makes me so happy that this thread is flourishing
It looks like the Sentry is back. The last time we saw the 616 version of the Sentry, he was a Horseman of Death and helped the Avengers defeat the Celestial Exitar and fly his dead body into outer space.
He seems to be back now and here is all the information I gather from the four panels:
- The Sentry was actually still in space, but apparently in a coma. Doctor Strange had built a safe place for the Sentry in his own mind, where he could live in peace.
- Doctor Strange says that the Sentry is fixed, but the Sentry seems to still have his doubts about what happens when he uses his power (the Void comes).
- Despite his doubts the Sentry agrees to help Doctor Strange, who then wakes him up.
And the teaser for the next Doctor Strange issue (#383), which will come out at the 20. December 2017: "SENTRY VS ASGARD!"
He gets a lot of stupid hate because no writer since Bendis tried developing him/making the readers understand how he WORKS. Which is why you keep both fans and Marvel writers screaming "Superman clone."
Haven't got a reply yet but twitter is never usually the best medium for that type of conversation. Will have to message him somewhere else privately I think. I will update you if/when something happens.
The thing about the comic selling out was a tweet he made.
Yeah, no. Can we please not bother the writer with questions about the Sentry? I know you're all excited, but it's very unlikely that you'll get an answer you're looking for. You should know better.
Just wait and look forward to what's next. And keep your expectations low, because it's a Doctor Strange book and Sentry is only guest starring in it.
Regarding the Death Seed... A lot of stuff could have happened and whatever happened will probably be tackled on. Some stuff I could imagine is:
+ Doctor Strange used his magic to pull the the Death Seed out of Sentry.
+ Maybe Sentry met Celestials, who appeared to take Exitars body back home and also freed the Sentry from the Death Seed.
+ I personally viewed the Sentry as being above the Death Seed in the first place, so I don't know why he himself shouldn't have been able to get rid of it. It had been stated, that the Death Seed was merged to the hosts on a molecular level... and given Sentrys power set... Maybe he got sick of it and spit it out.