KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Greatest game you never played

Greatest game you never played
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Actually, its also Steam's fault.

Case in point, I bought KOTOR 1 off the gamestop PC store app, and it worked fine.

Yet on Steam you hear issues of stuttering, hard crashes, glitches and stuff.

It works great for SOME new games. -COUGH- ARKHAM KNIGHT!!! -COUGH-

But for a lot of the games, I'd rather pirate a game then buy it off steam because it'd probably run better.

Even Skyrim under recommended settings was running like shit for me, and this was when my pc was in good condition.

That's complete bullshit.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2016 12:54 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Ugh. Thought it meant "greatest game you ever played." So ignore my previous comment lol

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Feb 18th, 2016 12:56 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Speaking of Gamecube..the game "Eternal Darkness Sanity's Requiem" is awesome. A cool game about cosmic horrors.

Originally posted by -Pr-
****ing love that game. So many hours wasted adding characters and setting up dream fights.

Yeah, I'd spend hours just creating new characters and tweaking their powers. Sometimes I'd create huge battle royals and put both sides under the control of the computer and watch the carnage. But yeah the mod link I posted adds even more stuff to it, I spent over an hour going over the new attributes.

Originally posted by Smasandian
That's complete bullshit.

It's actually not, I had problems with the KOTOR series on Steam as well, though not the same problems. For me on Steam KOTOR 1 works perfectly. But KOTOR 2 has one big flaw in that the camera messes up and begins to slowly rise up higher and then it just goes to a weird angle and it just makes the game unplayable. But a non-steam version of KOTOR 2 worked fine.

Though speaking of that I will put KOTOR 2 on the greatest games nobody played, for one reason: most people who have played it have not played the most complete version. You see a lot of content was cut out. But this content has been restored for the PC version so you can download it and apply it, Steam even has it for download too. It adds cutscenes and some new items and quests. One of the new things is you go with HK-47 on a mission to the droid factory.

Last edited by Surtur on Feb 23rd, 2016 at 11:00 PM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2016 10:54 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

That's par for the course for any game, especially PC games.

KOTOR 2 was plagued with bugs on all versions. I remember the PC version having huge issues. You can make the case that Steam shouldn't be selling a product that doesn't work (even though it's normal for PC games to work for some people and it doesn't for others), and allow refunds (before they did) but Valve is under no obligation to fix the product. It's just a store.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2016 12:17 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Yeah especially the one mod for Freedom Force vs the Third Reich. But I'm not talking about a mod that adds new levels, rather one that adds a whole shitload of new feats and powers..as well as new custom animations for the powers(like the green boxing glove a GL is known for shooting at enemies). Cool new additions like telekinesis.

http://www.mike.va.com.au/ffx/index.htm

I always thought the second game was the best. It does neat stuff like allowing you to play as Timemaster.

They had that for base FF, too. Summoning mechs had Kyle Rayner written all over it.

Ever play that one mod that had Wolverine and Minuteman teaming up against Predators and aliens and all kinds of stuff? Somehow, they got Minutemans voice actor for it.

That JLA mod was great, too. Based on the animated series, with nods to the Crisis and 90's comic book history.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2016 12:54 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I never played Ico or Shadow of the Colossus despite always hearing good things. Also never tried and of the God of War games. Or any of the Battlefield games.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 24th, 2016 01:11 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just dug of Freedom Force and that crossover mod. It was called The Great Hunt, and it started out with Wolverine, Martian Manhunter, and Minuteman teaming up.

And as I just rediscovered, it was also friggan impossible. The first mission puts Wolverine against Grundy, Shocker, and Electro all at once. The second mission has you trying to stop the Wrecking Crew from destroying a school, a Predator, Shocker, and Grundy run interference. What makes the second especially impossible, is the buildings are made of cardboard.. They go down in under ten seconds against a cl 100, let alone a group of them..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2016 03:28 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Pac-man Championship Edition XD.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 24th, 2016 06:32 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Hm. Witcher 3. Got it it 3x (a free download from my vid card, bought actual PC game cuz stupid thing wouldn't download right then bought it for my PS4).

Still haven't got around to playing it.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2016 06:55 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bentley
Pac-man Championship Edition XD.

That game will steal your soul. As will its sequel.

Still try and S rank the Spiral 10 minute course every now and then.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2016 01:58 PM
ares834

Originally posted by jaden101
I never played Ico or Shadow of the Colossus despite always hearing good things. Also never tried and of the God of War games. Or any of the Battlefield games.

Shadow of the Colossus is great. One of my favorites. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get into Ico at all. Perhaps I would have enjoyed it had I played it when it was initially released rather than over a decade later when the HD remaster was released. It’s makes me wonder if I would enjoy SotC had I played it for the first time on the HD remaster rather than the initial release.

Originally posted by Surtur
It's actually not, I had problems with the KOTOR series on Steam as well, though not the same problems. For me on Steam KOTOR 1 works perfectly. But KOTOR 2 has one big flaw in that the camera messes up and begins to slowly rise up higher and then it just goes to a weird angle and it just makes the game unplayable. But a non-steam version of KOTOR 2 worked fine.

Though speaking of that I will put KOTOR 2 on the greatest games nobody played, for one reason: most people who have played it have not played the most complete version. You see a lot of content was cut out. But this content has been restored for the PC version so you can download it and apply it, Steam even has it for download too. It adds cutscenes and some new items and quests. One of the new things is you go with HK-47 on a mission to the droid factory.

Interestingly enough, I just finished a replay of KotOR 2 on steam and I didn’t run into any problems at all.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2016 06:05 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hmm, perhaps they were able to fix the problem. Though I don't think everyone who played it experienced problems so it could just be that. Also whenever I have the game open if I plug my controller in the camera begins spinning around uncontrollably.

On that note I'm still surprised when I come across the more recent PC games that do not support controllers. Some only support xbox 360 controllers. Though there are ways to fool them into thinking your controller is a 360 one.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2016 09:42 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I had to think about this for a while. I don't know if it's any good, but I've always wanted to play Monster Hunter for the Wii. Never got the system though.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2016 06:43 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Stoic
I had to think about this for a while. I don't know if it's any good, but I've always wanted to play Monster Hunter for the Wii. Never got the system though.

Tri is not all that good as far as MH games go. The water combat is a bit broken and uneven, the rooster of monsters and weapons is fine but Switchaxe and Slime are unbalanced.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 25th, 2016 06:54 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Stoic
The best ones are definitely either the ones on the PSP or the 3DS.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 25th, 2016 07:20 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Bentley
Tri is not all that good as far as MH games go. The water combat is a bit broken and uneven, the rooster of monsters and weapons is fine but Switchaxe and Slime are unbalanced.

Its not unbalanced. You can kill any monster in the game with Slime just as fast as you can with Sword & Shield.

Unless they left more things unbalanced on Tri then they did 3 Ultimate.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 25th, 2016 07:22 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by jaden101

Battlefield games are best played online, The single player campaigns for them are usually shit.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2016 07:32 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Serpent in the Staglands, which is now on Steam. One of those quality indie RPG's that come to places like Steam. It's on GOG too despite coming out in 2015:

In case anyone is wondering the trailer contains gameplay footage too.

Last edited by Surtur on Feb 27th, 2016 at 10:32 PM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2016 10:30 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

nt

Old Post Feb 27th, 2016 11:05 PM
John Murdoch

Best games I've never played that are very mainstream hits:

- Bioshock
- The Last of Us
- Any Final Fantasy after IX (from fans and publications, X is always near the top, though I've heard from a friend and through following Dark Pixel that FFXII is great)

Games I consider great that never caught on with the masses:

- The Tex Murphy series of neo-noir cyberpunk adventure games. Starting specifically at Under a Killing Moon through The Tesla Effect, as Mean Streets was nigh-unplayable to me and Martian Memorandum takes a long time to get used to.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 07:01 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote