KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2016)

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2016)
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Damn bro, Then what's your problem with The Fifth Element then.

I wasn't being serious, that is why I posted the clip of the awful acting from the movie. Also the part where Eddie Redmayne for some reason is shirtless but wearing mascara, it's how I always pictured alien dictators would dress.

Last edited by Surtur on Mar 31st, 2017 at 01:06 PM

Old Post Mar 31st, 2017 01:03 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Well, I watched the trailer for this again the other day with my wife this time and I might try to lean more toward the positive because I want to put some faith in Luc Besson. He's a talented guy. We're watching his La Femme Nikita right now. I had seen it a long time ago and remembered liking it. It's still very good. Some dated music, but not too unexpected since it was 1990. Haven't finished it yet, but so far it holds up very well in a very charming sort of way.

From the trailers for this, though, it looks like he may have gotten a little too carried away with the digital effects and visuals, but let's hope not. That's no doubt what they had to do to make it live up to the comic. My wife pointed out that the girl in this played the Enchantress in Suicide Squad. I never would have realized that: Cara Delevingne

Old Post Apr 5th, 2017 06:07 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

this looks like another 'Jupiter Ascending'/'Battlefield Earth'

Old Post Apr 5th, 2017 06:15 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

Lockdown was garbage, and it seems this will follow suit. Ah well.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2017 11:20 PM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Ascendancy

Based on what?

all assumptions it seems at this point.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 01:03 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Ascendancy

Lockout is fun, mostly due to Guy Pearce and other good character actors.

This looks questionable, yes, but still looks way better than Justice League and most other lame-as-f#ck comicbook movies.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 01:54 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I heard John Carpenter sued them over Lockout, It burrowed alot from Escape From New York and won.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 02:07 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I heard John Carpenter sued them over Lockout, It burrowed alot from Escape From New York and won.

I suppose the premise is a pretty shameless rip-off, but I like Lockout and didn't particularly care for Escape From New York, probably more due to it being a bit dated.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 12:22 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I thought it was a bit meh with my first time watching it, But having watched it a few more times i've grown to it.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 12:37 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I thought it was a bit meh with my first time watching it, But having watched it a few more times i've grown to it.

Which one, Lockout or Escape from NY?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 01:09 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Escape from NY.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 01:11 PM
John Murdoch

I enjoyed both Escape From NY and Lockout, and IMO John Carpenter made perhaps the best horror/sci-fi movie ever (The Thing) and one of the best fantasy/comedy movies ever (Big Trouble in Little China).

http://www.themovienetwork.com/arti...iarism-and-wins

As the article mentions in passing, the court case sets an interesting precedent for how movie IP at least is dealt with in France.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2017 10:51 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by John Murdoch

http://www.themovienetwork.com/arti...iarism-and-wins

As the article mentions in passing, the court case sets an interesting precedent for how movie IP at least is dealt with in France.

Surprised something like that hasn't started in Hollywood, With the amount of movies that hav burrowed from other movies.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2017 06:51 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Saw a pic on Facebook of Robert Rodriguez filming the remake of Escape From NY.

Should be fun.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2017 07:06 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Saw a pic on Facebook of Robert Rodriguez filming the remake of Escape From NY.

Uh, IMDB mentions nothing of this..

Old Post Apr 10th, 2017 12:44 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Uh, IMDB mentions nothing of this..

http://screenrant.com/escape-from-n...iguez-director/

Old Post Apr 10th, 2017 12:50 PM
Flyattractor

ENCY is a movie that DOES NOT NEED TO BE REMADE!

Old Post Apr 11th, 2017 09:59 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by playa1258
Looking forward to this. Fifth Element was a good film. I like the style.
Your opinion is shit personified.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2017 02:14 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

This movie is ****ed. Its the most expensive french film ever made, and its going to utterly flop.

Im going to see it anyway, because the visuals look nice and I want to support big sci-fi, but this film is going to get screwed in the box office. I dont think even china will save it.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 12th, 2017 02:20 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Tzeentch
This movie is ****ed. Its the most expensive french film ever made, and its going to utterly flop.

Im going to see it anyway, because the visuals look nice and I want to support big sci-fi, but this film is going to get screwed in the box office. I dont think even china will save it.
Agreed.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2017 02:31 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote