KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » X-Men: Dark Phoenix

X-Men: Dark Phoenix
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 23 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

The whole final act was reshot making it an expensive film:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/simon-kinbe...-1835318288/amp

Basically it was gonna resemble Civil War with the X-Men pitted against each other over Jean, plus Jean was gonna have a Captain Marvel esque action sequence.

So the studio didnt want to come across as if they were imitating MCU story beats and action sequences.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2019 02:29 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Apocalypse was "rotten" too, wasn't it?

And it would have to try really hard in order to become the worst X-Men film.

I did like the trailer, so I'm trying to stay optimistic.

I was optimistic too , then the first act happened and bad script writing..

like I say KEEP KINBERG AWAY FROM THE MCU

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 8th, 2019 03:48 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Iirc some people here liked Apocalypse. So id definitely recommend it to them, as this is better. But it will likely be divisive.

That said, had some of the coolest action scenes in the entire franchise tbh. Have loved Magnetos arc through all 4 of these films. 1000* better than the Ian Mckellen version just being pure evil. As well as the friendship between the two Old Friends.

And I cant help but appreciate Kinberg for doing something none of the previous directors did. Which is to save just a Tiny bit of love for Cyclops. No major character arc for him or anything, but he was... finally... relevant.

Dude Apocalypse was a master piece compared to this.

Almost every character was wasted in this movie.

Magneto was a joke even first class version was more impressive.

The 1st hour of the movie is boring As Phuck.

Jean is boring As phuck, dont even get me started on the villain.

Plot of the movie is also really meh...

The last fight was the lamest shit in all of the X-men movies...

Tbh I felt like even Last Stand was more entartaining.

Bankai.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2019 05:59 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

...Wait; who the **** liked X-Men Apocalypse?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 8th, 2019 06:31 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Wow this was bad but I had to finish the series.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2019 06:33 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

So... My google feed literally just spoiled a part of this movie for me. Great. I need to disable that shit.

And no, not a small spoiler either. It literally says a character dies.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 8th, 2019 07:13 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Well you could predict that by the trailer since its X3 all over again...

Bankai.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2019 07:30 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Estacado
Well you could predict that by the trailer since its X3 all over again...

Sure, but still. They didn't even hint. Just blatantly said it. ****ers.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 8th, 2019 07:36 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Well the movie sucks ass bit time so it shouldnt bother you this was a truly unworthy ending for the franchise....

Bankai.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2019 07:41 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Google feed the one on the phone?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2019 07:41 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Well the movie sucks ass bit time so it shouldnt bother you this was a truly unworthy ending for the franchise....

Oh, if it had been a movie i wasn't expecting to dislike, i'd be raging.

Originally posted by Kazenji
Google feed the one on the phone?

yeah the one you swipe left to read. Sure, only last week I got a notification from google telling me the result of the main event of the AEW ppv too.

I wish google would just **** off.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 8th, 2019 07:43 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Funniest shit was when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Quicksilver tried to attack Jean while she was floating he tried to use sorround debris as platforms to reach her but she just casually removed one of them under Peter's feet and tossed him asside like nothing. 5 seconds later Beast is asking Charles that if he should take her out with a tazor...

Magneto was a complete joke in this[SPOILER - highlight to read]: his best move against the main baddie was trying to shoot her with a lot of guns while she had healing...

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Jun 8th, 2019 at 08:00 AM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2019 07:55 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by -Pr-

yeah the one you swipe left to read. Sure, only last week I got a notification from google telling me the result of the main event of the AEW ppv too.

I wish google would just **** off.

I remember seeing stuff on that feed for Endgame and it's only been out for a week

people in general even on social media they need to not feel the need to spoil everything.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2019 08:21 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Dude Apocalypse was a master piece compared to this.

Almost every character was wasted in this movie.

Magneto was a joke even first class version was more impressive.

The 1st hour of the movie is boring As Phuck.

Plot of the movie is also really meh...

The last fight was the lamest shit in all of the X-men movies...

Tbh I felt like even Last Stand was more entartaining.

Disagree with almost all of this.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2019 09:37 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

So reading some of the reviews, and sounds like a lot of them dont really think this is terrible, but are just butthurt that this was even made, because they wanted Logan to be the last one of the Fox X-Men films.

Also 65% of audiences liked it on RT. And under their new system, those votes have been verified to have seen the film.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jun 8th, 2019 at 09:43 AM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2019 09:40 AM
steverules_2

She is the villain isn't she?

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 8th, 2019 10:09 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Not really.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Early in the movie X-men are sent to space to save some astronauts.
An accident happens Jeans absorbs the phoenix force. Later she is starting to lose control and she kills someone by accident. The villains are an unknown alien race(nothing is explained about them) who try to claim the force for themselves and thats it. The only thing they mention about them is that they followed the force to Earth but Jean absorbed it before they could get their hands on it. The reason Magneto is trying to kill her is cause she kills someone by accident but Erik quickly changes his mind later on. So no she is not a villain at all she is just running away from problems. The aliens are kind of parasytes who use human BodY as host.

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Jun 8th, 2019 at 11:47 AM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2019 11:39 AM
steverules_2

Is it as bad as F4 2015?

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 8th, 2019 11:43 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Nah its not that bad.

Fight scenes are MEH compared to previous movies and the plot is really boring...

They got the force right tho cause like in the comics it is explained to be the spark that ignited the Universe.

Bankai.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2019 11:49 AM
tkitna

Originally posted by -Pr-
...Wait; who the **** liked X-Men Apocalypse?

I did

By Stoic

Old Post Jun 8th, 2019 01:23 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote