KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Americans already feeling effects of climate change, says report

Americans already feeling effects of climate change, says report
Started by: Beniboybling

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
but do you think that releasing carbon in the atmosphere has an impact on how much heat the atmosphere retains from the sun?

Problem is that CO2 levels do not necessarily correlate with periods of global warming [throughout history] because it is not the exclusive driver of climate change. Earth has a mechanism to absorb CO2 emissions in large quantities and even re-adjust its environment when subjected to anomalies.

Climate change is a very complex phenomenon; a large number of factors are involved including movements of Earth and Solar activity.

In-fact, Sun has the power to cook Earth with its powerful emissions.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Aug 16th, 2017 at 04:04 PM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 03:53 PM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Beniboybling
https://www.newscientist.com/articl...ge-says-report/But I thought it was snowing in Texas. confused

Did you know, water vapor is a greenhouse gas that contributes to the warming of the Earth's surface?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2017 05:44 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by darthgoober
The great thing about science is that once you truly understand the science you can predict outcomes with 100% accuracy because science is constant, unchanging, and easily predictable once every variable is accounted for.

Those are some batshit crazy settings you are using to trust science. The idea of "every variable is accounted for" is night impossible and cannot be proven at all. What we use to describe the universe (among other things) are mathematical models that never change because we invented them so they don't change, science is consistent for conventional reasons. Heck, there are even good arguments that make the idea of consistent/unchanging maths not allowing to demostrate everything: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%...teness_theorems

I'm just making this note because a lot of people consistently misrepresent how science works, not as an excuse for people to follow shitty climate predicting models.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 31st, 2017 06:10 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I love it when the Leftist EnviroNazis go on their rants about how Carbon Dioxide is BAD!

Lol!

Old Post Aug 31st, 2017 06:12 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Carbon dioxide makes the earth greener. But they didnt know that, anything with a unusual sounding name must be bad. But somehow drinking flouride must be good cause someone said so.

Only in bizzaro word is carbon dioxide bad and flouride good, only a stupid government could get its stupid people to believe it.

Last edited by Sable on Aug 31st, 2017 at 12:43 PM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2017 12:41 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

nobody says carbon dioxide is "bad". the problem is that we're producing too much of it.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2017 01:47 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Scientists (I hate using that general term fyi) are saying the planet is greener then ever before. More Co2 means more oxygen from plants.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2017 01:50 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Sable
Scientists (I hate using that general term fyi) are saying the planet is greener then ever before. More Co2 means more oxygen from plants.

wanna cite that?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 07:19 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sable

One time oxygen nearly killed every living thing on the planet. BAN OXYGEN NOW

SCIENCE!

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 08:57 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote