KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Confederate/Nazi flag vs Anthem Kneeling

Confederate/Nazi flag vs Anthem Kneeling
Started by: Lestov16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

They know that a lot of people find it disrespectful, that is one of the main reasons they're doing it. of course, most will never admit it as they want to maintain the illusion of the moral high ground.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:20 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Like if you think Donald Trump is as bad as you claim then you have to be seriously ****ing deluded to think the Democratic party and mainstream media aren't in any way responsible for the fact that he managed to get elected.

The complete lack of self-awareness of those who think doubling down on the strategy the democrats and left-wing media were trying when managed to lose to Trump is honestly pretty baffling.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:24 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Let me get this straight, I morally and logically disapprove of them kneeling, but I think they have and should have every legal right to do so, and I don't think it's a remote equivalent with Nazi confederate shit. In this instance, do you consider me retarded?
Yeah, you morally and logically disapproving of them kneeling to the extent that you consider them "retarded" does imply to me that you're a stupid retard my friend. It helps that most of your other actions imply as much to me as well. thumb up

Having such strong feelings about something like this does paint you as stupid. thumb up thumb up

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:38 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

How do you logically disapprove of someone kneeling? Like what does that even mean? Like you have some science behind your view or something?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:45 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I guess he logically disapproves of doing it as a form of protest. Which, don't get me wrong, is fine, but to take such a vitriolic stance against them is retarded. thumb up

That said, I actually misremembered. Emperordmb didn't say that both were retarded, conflating the two, he just said the latter is childish and pathetic, with the former being worse. It was Silent Master who said both are retarded. So Emperordmb is at best slightly retarded, as opposed to Silent Master who is a mouth-breathing simpleton. thumb up

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:49 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by BackFire
How do you logically disapprove of someone kneeling? Like what does that even mean? Like you have some science behind your view or something?

TBF, some people complain here at any kind of protest if they can spin any sort of "leftism" or "liberalism" or "them Dems" into it.

Be it from the violent kind of protest people should complain about(breaking/burning/beating), to the loud but peaceful kind (2017 women's march), to the peaceful and quit kind (NFL kneelers).

Should also be noted that this country was founded by protestors; ergo protesting can be said a very American thing to do smile

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Oct 5th, 2017 at 05:57 AM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:54 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 06:04 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Emperordmb

Instead of digging their heels in the sand and remaining utterly convinced that it's the attitude of the American people that's the problem,
[/B]

More Americans vote for democrats than republicans tho
erm

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 06:04 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Lestov16
Which one is more traitorous
laughing out loud

Originally posted by NemeBro
Yeah, you morally and logically disapproving of them kneeling to the extent that you consider them "retarded" does imply to me that you're a stupid retard my friend. It helps that most of your other actions imply as much to me as well. thumb up

Having such strong feelings about something like this does paint you as stupid. thumb up thumb up
DMB needs to meditate some more yeah...

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 09:02 AM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Um, no. If you do not bring the message to the people who need to hear it, then the only people that are going to listen to it, are the people who already agree with you.
You can still bring the message (eg, street protests get plenty of coverage), just choose (imo) wiser times or places. Maximum exposure does not necessarily mean optimum exposure. Some times/places can have the opposite effect: hardening the opposition. I'm looking at this not from a justice pov, but from a practical one. You don't just want to be heard, you want to be thoughtfully considered.

Again, I defend their actions and grok their objective (for what it's worth, I believe, eg, that the freedom our flag represents should give me the right to burn a piece of dyed cloth), but I question the efficiency of the execution. The consequences of one's actions may not always be what you want, ie, inflaming, not engaging.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 09:33 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are you just posting this to be funny, or do you believe this silly bullshit? Serious question lol. You think the choices are either: burn down a city, or whine about some shit during a sports game or a play?

How about : you not burn down a city. How about you *peacefully* protest on your own time? Why is that wrong to suggest? Do not give me bullshit about how it gets attention, they already now have more than enough, and of course the attention isn't even focused on the issues the kneeling originally all began for, but shhh logic has no place here.

Is there a science behind disapproving of statues or the names of buildings? Before you respond: hurt feelings are not science.

Last edited by Surtur on Oct 5th, 2017 at 12:46 PM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 12:39 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

It means I think that it's a very impractical way for them to actually get support for their message, ergo it doesn't make logical sense to do.

Mindship described it pretty well here:
Originally posted by Mindship
You can still bring the message (eg, street protests get plenty of coverage), just choose (imo) wiser times or places. Maximum exposure does not necessarily mean optimum exposure. Some times/places can have the opposite effect: hardening the opposition. I'm looking at this not from a justice pov, but from a practical one. You don't just want to be heard, you want to be thoughtfully considered.

Again, I defend their actions and grok their objective (for what it's worth, I believe, eg, that the freedom our flag represents should give me the right to burn a piece of dyed cloth), but I question the efficiency of the execution. The consequences of one's actions may not always be what you want, ie, inflaming, not engaging.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Last edited by Emperordmb on Oct 5th, 2017 at 02:54 PM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 02:48 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by NemeBro
I guess he logically disapproves of doing it as a form of protest. Which, don't get me wrong, is fine, but to take such a vitriolic stance against them is retarded. thumb up

I'm moreso interested in the debate itself rather than being particularly emotionally invested in who does and doesn't kneel, because I do find it an interesting topic of discussion, but it's not something I'll lose sleep over.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 02:49 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Robtard
TBF, some people complain here at any kind of protest if they can spin any sort of "leftism" or "liberalism" or "them Dems" into it.

Be it from the violent kind of protest people should complain about(breaking/burning/beating), to the loud but peaceful kind (2017 women's march), to the peaceful and quit kind (NFL kneelers).

Should also be noted that this country was founded by protestors; ergo protesting can be said a very American thing to do smile

I mean as far as the women's march went, I disagree with the implication that women are somehow not the equals of men in American society and need some special protest, but aside from that, the women's march (with the exception of the people who were blocking traffic and got arrested for it) should be a model example for how these types of protests should be conducted.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 02:52 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

The right to protest doesn't mean you cannot morally disagree with people who are peacefully protesting, it just means that you have to uphold the stance that they should have the legal right to peacefully protest.

And there is a difference in reaction. Nobody thinks the non-peaceful and peaceful protests are the same thing. When polled prior to the Trump NFL shit most Americans both agreed that the kneeling during the anthem was disrespectful, but also that the players should have the right to do so, and I don't see anything reprehensible about this position.

With violent rioting and shit from BLM and Antifa, people completely disagree with it on a moral and legal level and want a police crackdown on this shit.

Most people who morally disagree with the peaceful protesting do believe that these people should have the right to do so even if they disagree, and anyone who actually thinks the government should crack down on peaceful protesting is holding an unconstitutional immoral and unethical view that I don't support, and I don't think anyone who disagrees with this kneeling would support either.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 03:01 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

laughing out loud too true.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 03:12 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tim Tebow fired for taking a knee to pray.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 03:21 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sable
Tim Tebow fired for taking a knee to pray.

Didn't the media mock him too?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 04:30 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Tebow was fired now? Thought he left the NFL because of lukewarm performance and he wanted to give Baseball a shot.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 04:35 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

B I N G O

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 04:37 PM