KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The new Marvel Cinematic Universe and its future

The new Marvel Cinematic Universe and its future
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
the thing is though fox like, marvel, sony and wb know that they have to get the general audience to like these comic book characters

I didn't say anything about making the characters less likeable, though.

You can write a likeable version of a character whether they were likeable in the comics or not, without going too far away from how they're portrayed in said comics.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 03:11 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

When the day is announced that FF is coming home....I'll be the happiest man alive; at least on that day.

(please log in to view the image)

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 03:22 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

X-Men’s Wolverine and Avengers unite as Disney & Fox Close Deal!

https://comic-watch.com/2017/12/07/disneyfoxclosedeal/

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 03:22 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by -Pr-
I'd be worried about that too.

Can't say I agree, but okay.

I wasn't talking about spotlight.

I've been saying since I came to this site that Fox has largely been doing X-Men wrong. Literally before you even registered.
So then why freak out if the MCU gets their hands on the x guys ? I personally was never excited for the xmen or their villains. I want the FF and their baddies. I also really want the Surfer and Galactus. Oh yeah Annihilus too.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 03:25 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by quanchi112
So then why freak out if the MCU gets their hands on the x guys ? I personally was never excited for the xmen or their villains. I want the FF and their baddies. I also really want the Surfer and Galactus. Oh yeah Annihilus too.

I'm not freaking out, so calm down. I'm just tempering my expectations for the X-Men, having been burned so many times in the past.

I actually think they're far more likely to excel with the F4 and their villains than they would with the X-Men. And the MCU could do with a bit more sci-fi so them coming over is a good thing imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 03:33 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I'm not freaking out, so calm down. I'm just tempering my expectations for the X-Men, having been burned so many times in the past.

I actually think they're far more likely to excel with the F4 and their villains than they would with the X-Men. And the MCU could do with a bit more sci-fi so them coming over is a good thing imo.
I assure you I'm calm and not tearing the house up. Trust in Feige.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 03:39 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

I know fox was in the works (supposedly) on a standalone Doom movie... I hope the MCU does their own independent Doom movie....that would kick so much ass.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 03:40 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

They need to nail Doom and Reed. Fingers crossed.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 03:58 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I assure you I'm calm and not tearing the house up. Trust in Feige.

Mhmm.

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I know fox was in the works (supposedly) on a standalone Doom movie... I hope the MCU does their own independent Doom movie....that would kick so much ass.

I'm not even a huge fan of Doom, but I'd trust Disney more than I'd trust Fox to do it justice.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 03:59 AM
quanchi112
Disney

I pose this question which director would you fans of Doom trust.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 04:10 AM
Impediment
Endless

Martin Scorsese.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 04:12 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I didn't say anything about making the characters less likeable, though.

You can write a likeable version of a character whether they were likeable in the comics or not, without going too far away from how they're portrayed in said comics.

meh..

Originally posted by Inhuman
X-Men’s Wolverine and Avengers unite as Disney & Fox Close Deal!

https://comic-watch.com/2017/12/07/disneyfoxclosedeal/

hugh is already being rumored to appear in avengers 4...

https://www.cosmicbooknews.com/hugh...rine-avengers-4

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 04:23 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
meh..

hugh is already being rumored to appear in avengers 4...

https://www.cosmicbooknews.com/hugh...rine-avengers-4

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 05:34 AM
Dr Will Hatch

Any good director, really. It's less about the director and more about the story about why we haven't seen Doom and the Fantastic Four in the MCU yet if they're soon going to be introduced. Here's my pitch:

Takes place after the events of Infinity War.

Victor Von Doom has spent a great deal of time in Latveria, both leading the resistance against the corrupt royal family, and later, building the country into a utopia. He has already have designed and donned his power armor, mastered sorcery, etc, and he is solely interested in improving his home country and cares nothing about all the crazy shit that has been going on with the rest of the world. Aliens, Norse gods, sentient A.I, HYDRA, vibranium and shrinking technology does not interest him. In fact, Latveria has been shielded from all threats for a long time via something like Doctor Who's transduction barrier.
Anyway, Latveria under Doom's leadership is a repressive state along the lines of North Korea. It is a pariah on the world stage, listed dead last on the Universal Human Rights Index. Barely any information gets in or out about the country, which explains why nobody has referenced how advanced scientifically Latveria has become. The thing that causes Victor to come out of hiding is Reed Richards, his old college rival, who in light of what Thanos and several other worldwide catastrophes within the last ten years has publicly announced that he and his family will be the first people to walk on Mars as a test run to begin the human colonization into space so hopefully there will be a chance of humanity's perpetual survival. Reed has designed a ship that will get his family to Mars and back in a fraction of the time it would normally in the real world. Doom seethes with jealousy as he watches the space launch on television. Thanks to a shielding problem, Reed and company come back mutated by cosmic rays, of course, and later establish themselves as well loved superheroes, and an alternative to the Avengers which causes a jealous Victor to decide to attack them out of petty jealousy. He goes to New York with no particular goals in mind except beating the shit out of them and sending their souls to Hell. I have a great image in my head of a furious Victor just wailing on The Thing with his power armor clad fist over and over again, with Susan Storm coming to Ben's rescue at the last second.

Last edited by Dr Will Hatch on Dec 9th, 2017 at 07:09 AM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 06:57 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

We both know you need a competent director to execute the script. It it were this easy the dceu wouldn't be a trainwreck.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 02:31 PM
Impediment
Endless

If this deal happens and the X-Men officially come into the MCU, I hope that Hugh Jackman will return as Wolverine. I want to see Wolverine vs Hulk on the big screen very badly.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 03:14 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Nah should be completely rebooted to fit into the MCU. Everyone gets recast.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 03:56 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Impediment
If this deal happens and the X-Men officially come into the MCU, I hope that Hugh Jackman will return as Wolverine. I want to see Wolverine vs Hulk on the big screen very badly.
I think the best option would be for Marvel to green light one more wolverine movie and bring Hugh Jackman back one last time, and then you have Wolverine go into an alternate dimension and find himself inside Dr. Strange’s Sanctum Sanctorum.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 04:28 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Not Sure to be honest...I mean, I'd take the Russos if I could.. I'll have to think about that.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 06:08 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'd rather see Wolverine recast for the MCU, If the deal does come through

hopefully an actor more the height how he normally is in the comics too.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 06:15 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote