KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Rampage (2018)

Rampage (2018)
Started by: marwash22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
vansonbee
Isee

Well, I won't be confusing this ape with any of the other giant monster gorillas movies.

Plot? 3 way battle between the monsters in the city? My favorite monster probably the croc.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 08:16 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

As long as we get them climbing the buildings and eating people

and i found out there is a Crocodile in the from the games, First appeared in Rampage: Total Destruction.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 06:10 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Ahh George, Ralph ,and Lizzie. Good Times back in the day.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 11:10 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by vansonbee
Well, I won't be confusing this ape with any of the other giant monster gorillas movies.

Plot? 3 way battle between the monsters in the city? My favorite monster probably the croc.

Cuz he's blond?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 11:17 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by Patient_Leech

Alexandria Daddario was easy on the eyes.

I'll say. I've had my eye on her since True Detective.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 11:25 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

In before Midway's Cinematic Universe.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 11:33 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Bentley
In before Midway's Cinematic Universe.

Try the NetherRealm Cinematic Universe, Since Midway is dead.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 12:58 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

https://screenrant.com/rampage-full...toys/#gallery=1

So the thing that looks like a Crocodile is Lizzie after all... erm

guess they forgot Lizzie is suppose to be something like Godzilla.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2018 06:45 AM
TheOneFirestorm

I read a article why a person is optimistic that this movie avoids the video game movie curse is because it's obscure believing because of that being highly unfaithful to the source material it can still be succesful at the domestic box office.

The best way to avoid the video game movie curse is be mostly faithful to the video game the movie is freakin based on.
Either make the movie right by being faithful as possible or don't make the movie at all.

As usual this is Hollywood not caring about the source material at all for a movie that is based on a video game, all they care about is capitalize on a recognized name while having no intent of being faithful.

That's why it's best that this movie is a failure at the domestic box office.

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 06:41 PM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Uwe boll is planning a lawsuit against this film for using his brand RAMPAGE

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/uwe..._medium=JoBloFB

no expression........I guess the game Rampage was never released in Germany.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2018 01:59 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I still have this game on ps1.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2018 02:13 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

(please log in to view the image)

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2018 11:00 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Just saw it. Good for what it was. George was yhestar

Old Post Apr 14th, 2018 11:42 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Stupid that they didn't stick to people transforming into the giant animals just like the games

could've had a whole dilemma with it, Do they kill the creatures or find a way to cure them.

Last edited by Kazenji on Apr 15th, 2018 at 03:13 AM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2018 02:58 AM
Flyattractor

Having them be Animals makes its easier to keep them sympathetic.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2018 03:47 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Kazenji
Stupid that they didn't stick to people transforming into the giant animals just like the games

I also want a videogame-based movie to follow the source material 100% but it's a videogame-based movie. Directors are never gonna follow with that so I'll take a different approach to the monsters being animals than humans over what else they could've done with this.

quote:
could've had a whole dilemma with it, Do they kill the creatures or find a way to cure them.

Isn't that what they were doing though with George?

Last edited by Nemesis X on Apr 15th, 2018 at 04:16 AM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2018 04:06 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Nemesis X
I also want a videogame-based movie to follow the source material 100% but it's a videogame-based movie. Directors are never gonna follow with that so I'll take a different approach to the monsters being animals than humans over what else they could've done with this.

That's because alot of time when a movie studio adapt's a game, They don't know why people like it in the first place and they keep adding things to the film which aren't needed.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2018 04:23 AM
Flyattractor

That is called "Studio Stupidity". Usually the Result of "Research".

Old Post Apr 15th, 2018 05:10 AM
TheOneFirestorm

Originally posted by Kazenji

And the decision to be unfaithful is a lameass one.

A person involved concluded that because this obscure video game which I doubt is true it was released on PS1, and in arcades the person believed that's why this movie doesn't have to be faithful to the source material and could be successful at the box office avoiding the video game movie curse.

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post Apr 15th, 2018 08:19 PM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Aside from the issue of no humans mutating, I saw the movie and it was a blast to sit through. A real monster blockbuster. I've played the Rampage games and am a fan myself and can tell you this is a good one.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Apr 15th, 2018 at 11:07 PM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2018 11:00 PM