KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Rampage (2018)

Rampage (2018)
Started by: marwash22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Movie is assjuice
Staying away from this crap

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 16th, 2018 02:07 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Better than Pacific Rim Uprising and definitely more enjoyable than Tomb Rider. A great Video Game adaptation.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2018 03:02 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Aside from the issue of no humans mutating, I saw the movie and it was a blast to sit through. A real monster blockbuster. I've played the Rampage games and am a fan myself and can tell you this is a good one.
\

Agree. This movie shouldn't be judged by it's cover definitely.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2018 03:03 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Might watch this in the movies since some people seem to be liking it.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 16th, 2018 06:36 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by TheOneFirestorm
And the decision to be unfaithful is a lameass one.

A person involved concluded that because this obscure video game which I doubt is true it was released on PS1, and in arcades the person believed that's why this movie doesn't have to be faithful to the source material and could be successful at the box office avoiding the video game movie curse.

The Resident Evil movie franchise was mostly successful at the box office too was it not? Perfect example, among video game movies at least as to how sales =/= quality, though glad to hear Rampage is more of a critical success for some fans at least. Am more considering of seeing this sometime just on that, though was also thinking of seeing Ready Player One.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2018 06:46 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by TheOneFirestorm
And the decision to be unfaithful is a lameass one.

A person involved concluded that because this obscure video game which I doubt is true it was released on PS1, and in arcades the person believed that's why this movie doesn't have to be faithful to the source material and could be successful at the box office avoiding the video game movie curse.

Well the first game also didn't have much a plot, Didn't bother with a plot until the sequels.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2018 07:20 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Watched this today, it was fun! thumb up

Old Post Apr 17th, 2018 10:07 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Enjoyed it too, Despite some of the changes

would've liked to have seen one of the animals climbing up the side of one of the buildings and reaching inside to eat person or anything for that matter.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 07:43 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I thought that pet Rat was going to be a plot point but I guess it wasn't.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2018 11:09 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by carthage
Movie is assjuice
Staying away from this crap

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 21st, 2018 11:17 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
definitely more enjoyable than Tomb Rider

Lol, most films are. Sadly.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2018 11:18 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by juggernaut74
I thought that pet Rat was going to be a plot point but I guess it wasn't.

Well the Rat is also a character in the games too

and yeah i thought it might'eve survived the space station explosion.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2018 02:48 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I mean the regular rat in the cage. People seemed to have an interest in it.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2018 03:37 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by riv6672
Watched this today, it was fun! thumb up

Alright, I will see it today.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2018 04:19 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I'm watching this Monday night... Building up hype!

Old Post May 5th, 2018 06:53 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

This was definitively one movie that I needed to watch. Since the original Pacific Rim no monster film had me this swayed, I expected it to be good and it delivered entirely on this premise. It might just become one of my top 5 videogame-to-film adaptations (it'd be higher if Rampage was more of a videogame worthy of adaptation big grin ). I want a sequel of some kind, heck make a tie in Videogame.

This is like a less dramatic War of the Gargantuas mixed up with a conventional 80s Godzilla movie (actually somewhat closer to IDW's Godzilla comics if you know those), so many tropes and homages to be found all over it. If you call yourself a kaiju fan you owe it to yourself to see his movie.

Old Post May 8th, 2018 07:07 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I rewatched this, the kids enjoyed it too, I think.

It's pretty good, clean fun.

Was there never any sequel talk? It did decently at the box office..

Old Post May 27th, 2023 06:20 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^No sequel talk I ever heard of. sad

I remember thinking if the Rock didn’t want to come back they could have done a The Fugitive/U.S. Marshalls deal and had Jeffrey Dean Morgan’s character star in the sequel.

He was ****ing awesome, and it would’ve been interesting to see what other “science shits the bed” situations the O.G.A. he worked for dealt with other than giant gorillas.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 27th, 2023 06:41 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ Good point. Yeah, he was good.

I don't see why The Rock wouldn't want to do another one, though. Motherf#cker has done some shitty movies since... **cough-junglecruise-cough**cough-blackadam-cough**

Old Post May 27th, 2023 06:45 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^ laughing

But yes, going back to Rampage wouldn’t be a step back for him.

Same w. the F&F series, but Vin done ****ed that one up.

Old Post May 27th, 2023 07:18 PM