KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Trump recognizes Jerusalem as capital of Israel

Trump recognizes Jerusalem as capital of Israel
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

So you're setting up special rules? We've already had violence (just as The State Department warned it would happen) break out over this specifically, what else do you want/need as proof?

If it's more blood, you'll likely get it as I doubt either side is backing down over this.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 12:22 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

At the UN today The US ambassador to The UN said 'Israel will not be bullied by the UN'

If anyone can name 2 or 3 countries which have violated more UN resolutions than Israel let me know.

I don't get how since before any of us here were born Israel were allowed to keep on just going into other peoples borders respected by everyone, drawn up, made official, wittnessed by all the countries at the UN... just keep disrespecting those borders and keep building and taking over - how are people not going to get ****ing pissed off at that - I'm not against anyone - but if you agree to stuff - agree to it - don't agree to things and then do what you like anyway and then be like totally - completely shocked when people aren't 100% delighted with you.

This settlement thing honestly - settling people who say oh I'm jewish therefore forget where I was born and raised I can be Israeli yeah I'm totally going there and settling on an illegal land grab, settlement, Grant to settle? Bingo! - oh someone else was living there - they had a village and a town there - really? - it all looks real new - smh - Theres a story about a girl, its winter and she asks a man for shelter the man lets her enter and takes everything she has and sends her out, a passer by stops at the house and says but you have a house she has nothing - give her back her shoes - its cold outside - the man says: but my feet are cold - my house has no heat - the passer by says - but those shoes, they are two sizes too small for you friend - for the love of god, Israel- those palestinians - give them back everything you took from them - get out of their waters - they can't even use their beaches because you have an illegal occupation going on there - but israeli fishing vessels are okay to come and go as they please in palestines waters = and palestine can't even access international waters through their own waterfront = its the worlds largest prison camp and they just keep taking more and more of it = and acting surprised when passers by stop by and say = that is not cool = you don't even need to do all that = The reason you're taking this land more and more of it is so you can have more and more land to give to people who aren't israeli = weren't even born within 5 thousand miles of the place = but are jewish so they automatically have more #privilege to live there than people actually born there = its ****ing sick is what it is = and surtur read up on the subject I wasn't going to say anything but for the love of god = what was said to The UN by the US = AND then coming back to see this ignorance still going = omfg = Surtur your opening post = the reason I didn't answer it when you posted it is = some things if you have to explain them... (I've been there, done that couple of years ago - Eventually We, I and a few others said to this one guy = read a book = seriously = Read a book = and then we said = create a reading list = we could advise you but its best for you to create your own reading list = with books from both sides = read books by jewish / israeli authors on the history / subject / on jewish history = so you know where they've been = where they are = read books from palestinian authors = or from western authors who have been to palestine and israel = leave the tv the news just leave it = and get to know the subject = then come back with your own findings = thats what we said to him = did he even try to do a little of that = no = for me I was like ugh not this again and left it for others to have a go)

Some questions you have to find the answers yourself

It took me a little over ten years to fully understand the subject = along the way I had a conversation with one other passer by we were talking about some event this would have been in the 60s or something where about 150 to 300 men were taken and told to report to a school in palestine territory and shot to death in broad daylight = that book we were talking about has got to be one of the heaviest books I've ever read = and it exists because some one could not understand why and how something like this was not reported = like zero coverage = that was when I stopped reading on the subject. If you're pro israeli look I'm not against israel. It is true that israel needs to defend itself. It is also true that there have been people acting in the name of Israel who have at times gone TOO FAR (way too far) in getting even = Newtons Third Law.

I think the root cause of a lot of ignorance is what they teach people at school in history

In our history lessons we did 3 countries from 3 different continents

Excluding the two world wars we covered 4 other wars on two different continents

I remember when I looked at the history syllabus for one country I was in = smh

For my own reading I picked a latin american country it gave me a solid background on the region at the age of 16.

Btw Bill Clinton was a dick over Bosnia = he screwed them over with the no fly zone

Last edited by shiv on Dec 9th, 2017 at 03:06 AM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 02:55 AM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by shiv
At the UN today The US ambassador to The UN said 'Israel will not be bullied by the UN'

If anyone can name 2 or 3 countries which have violated more UN resolutions than Israel let me know.

I don't get how since before any of us here were born Israel were allowed to keep on just going into other peoples borders respected by everyone, drawn up, made official, wittnessed by all the countries at the UN... just keep disrespecting those borders and keep building and taking over - how are people not going to get ****ing pissed off at that - I'm not against anyone - but if you agree to stuff - agree to it - don't agree to things and then do what you like anyway and then be like totally - completely shocked when people aren't 100% delighted with you.

This settlement thing honestly - settling people who say oh I'm jewish therefore forget where I was born and raised I can be Israeli yeah I'm totally going there and settling on an illegal land grab, settlement, Grant to settle? Bingo! - oh someone else was living there - they had a village and a town there - really? - it all looks real new - smh - Theres a story about a girl, its winter and she asks a man for shelter the man lets her enter and takes everything she has and sends her out, a passer by stops at the house and says but you have a house she has nothing - give her back her shoes - its cold outside - the man says: but my feet are cold - my house has no heat - the passer by says - but those shoes, they are two sizes too small for you friend - for the love of god, Israel- those palestinians - give them back everything you took from them - get out of their waters - they can't even use their beaches because you have an illegal occupation going on there - but israeli fishing vessels are okay to come and go as they please in palestines waters = and palestine can't even access international waters through their own waterfront = its the worlds largest prison camp and they just keep taking more and more of it = and acting surprised when passers by stop by and say = that is not cool = you don't even need to do all that = The reason you're taking this land more and more of it is so you can have more and more land to give to people who aren't israeli = weren't even born within 5 thousand miles of the place = but are jewish so they automatically have more #privilege to live there than people actually born there = its ****ing sick is what it is = and surtur read up on the subject I wasn't going to say anything but for the love of god = what was said to The UN by the US = AND then coming back to see this ignorance still going = omfg = Surtur your opening post = the reason I didn't answer it when you posted it is = some things if you have to explain them... (I've been there, done that couple of years ago - Eventually We, I and a few others said to this one guy = read a book = seriously = Read a book = and then we said = create a reading list = we could advise you but its best for you to create your own reading list = with books from both sides = read books by jewish / israeli authors on the history / subject / on jewish history = so you know where they've been = where they are = read books from palestinian authors = or from western authors who have been to palestine and israel = leave the tv the news just leave it = and get to know the subject = then come back with your own findings = thats what we said to him = did he even try to do a little of that = no = for me I was like ugh not this again and left it for others to have a go)

Some questions you have to find the answers yourself

It took me a little over ten years to fully understand the subject = along the way I had a conversation with one other passer by we were talking about some event this would have been in the 60s or something where about 150 to 300 men were taken and told to report to a school in palestine territory and shot to death in broad daylight = that book we were talking about has got to be one of the heaviest books I've ever read = and it exists because some one could not understand why and how something like this was not reported = like zero coverage = that was when I stopped reading on the subject. If you're pro israeli look I'm not against israel. It is true that israel needs to defend itself. It is also true that there have been people acting in the name of Israel who have at times gone TOO FAR (way too far) in getting even = Newtons Third Law.

I think the root cause of a lot of ignorance is what they teach people at school in history

In our history lessons we did 3 countries from 3 different continents

Excluding the two world wars we covered 4 other wars on two different continents

I remember when I looked at the history syllabus for one country I was in = smh

For my own reading I picked a latin american country it gave me a solid background on the region at the age of 16.

Btw Bill Clinton was a dick over Bosnia = he screwed them over with the no fly zone
I have Egyptian friends born after Israel kicked the Arab worlds butt, who didn't even realise they had done it.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 11:24 AM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by Surtur
And if within the next month or so we do not see a drastic increase in violence, what then?
It still wouldn't make his assertion of Jerusalem being Israel's capital any more just or correct. You didn't even bother reading my post, did you? Either that or you just conveniently ignored it.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 11:39 AM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Scribble
It still wouldn't make his assertion of Jerusalem being Israel's capital any more just or correct. You didn't even bother reading my post, did you? Either that or you just conveniently ignored it.

I didn't ignore it. This is 8 pages long, I will go back and see which comment you mean.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 06:13 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Scribble
That's not what this is about. It's about the fact that Israel does not have the right to assert Jerusalem as its capital. It is a multicultural city with many religions, primarily Abrahamic ones living there, and many ethnic groups too. The idea of Israel claiming the capital as its own is essentially an act of war, and generally when someone tries to take someone else's home, that's an act of war regardless of religion or nationality. Trump is essentially fanning the flames of war, for no good reason.

But is the Israeli parliament not located in Jerusalem?

quote:
Not all Islamic terrorists are the same. Isis for example is taking the 'jihad' overseas and are a particular type of Islam-driven terrorism; whilst Hamas are terrorists who see themselves as freedom fighters against an invading force, and they are also Muslim. They're much more comparable to the IRA than Al Qaeda.

I agree not all terrorists are the same, there are different groups. But they are all utterly horrible people if they go out and harm and murder other people over this. That to me can not be debated. There is no valid excuse for this.

quote:
I think it was Adam who said you were uninformed on this topic and I have to agree, you are showing very little background knowledge on the topic. Previous aims were not to 'stop Islamic terrorism', they were to try to resolve border and territory disputes. Trump, taking one particular side, is going to damage many years of work towards a two-state solution, which is seen as the most positive outcome in the situation and the one that causes the least amount of death and destruction.

Adam likes to say a lot of things that aren't true. I recognize the history, but it seems the fear that we have in the here and now is the backlash because terrorists are going to get violent.

In the past there were reasons not to do this. But they were not hidden. Presidents promised anyways and then backed out. Clinton. Bush. Obama. None of these folk were informed of the situation? Of course we know better, they were. But some of them said repeatedly they would do this anyways.

Last edited by Surtur on Dec 9th, 2017 at 06:19 PM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 06:17 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like this chick.
Watch: Nikki Haley smokes the United Nations in blistering speech over Trump’s Jerusalem declaration

"First, Haley explained that for thousands of years, Jerusalem has been the capital of Israel, even in times of strife, war and exile.
Then, she explained that what Trump did this week has been the will of the American people — both Republicans and Democrats — for decades. “This week, President Trump made the decision to no longer deny the will of the American people.”
“Israel, like all nations, has the right to determine its capital city,” Haley said, explaining that the seat of the Israeli government is located there and so should diplomatic missions.
Peace only happens when “all parties are honest with each other,” Haley remarked, adding that Trump’s actions resulted from “an honest assessment of reality.” Haley explained: “Change is hard, but we should never doubt what the truth can do.”
Haley also reiterated the U.S. government’s commitment to the peace process between Israel and Palestine."

Just to be clear: people here are free to correct her, to point out anything said above is false. We get this too:

"Haley said:

And finally, I will not let this moment pass without a comment about the United Nations itself. Over many years the United Nations has outrageously been at the world’s foremost centers of hostility towards Israel. The U.N. has done much more damage to the prospects for Middle East peace than to advance them. We will not be a party to that. The United States no longer stands by when Israel is unfairly attacked in the United Nations. And the United States will not be lectured to by countries that lack any credibility when it comes to treating both Israelis and Palestinians fairly.

The former South Carolina governor went on to explain that it’s no “coincidence” that famous peace agreements between Israel and its Middle Eastern neighbors were signed at the White House.

“Israel will never be, and should never be, bullied into an agreement by the United Nations,” Haley said."

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 10:38 PM
Flyattractor

To make things really interesting we should move the U.N to Jerusalem as well.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 10:40 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The problem I see here is the standard with Trump. Lower the bar so very low he can't help but succeed lol. Some in the media seemed almost giddy over potential violence over this, but we saw people acting like this was gonna be Armageddon.

The stuff going down seems innocuous when compared to Armageddon. Why set the bar so low?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 10:44 PM
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 11:57 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Didn't two people die and violence broke out over this, already?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 11:58 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

thumb up

Four dead now actually.

Perhaps Surt should specify in litres the quantity of blood that needs to be spilt for him to care.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 12:35 AM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Task

Run A line by line Fact Check

On the U S delegate's statement to the UN

Last edited by shiv on Dec 10th, 2017 at 07:17 AM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 07:08 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Beniboybling
thumb up

Four dead now actually.

Perhaps Surt should specify in litres the quantity of blood that needs to be spilt for him to care.

I care over even one death, I never said I want anyone to die. What I said was it doesn't seem to be the Doomsday scenario put forth.

But then again with Trump people have the tendency to set very low standards.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 03:43 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

I just saw a clip where other Presidents declared Jerusalem the capital of Israel as well. Why is this such a big deal now?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 10:26 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by socool8520
I just saw a clip where other Presidents declared Jerusalem the capital of Israel as well. Why is this such a big deal now?

Because after being advised by The State Department and other experts, they all chose not to go through with the plan.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 10:29 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

So...he's being singled out because he has follow-through?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 10:31 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

You can understand why though, can't you?

Politically, all we get is a slap on the back from Israel, and a bigger target on our back.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 10:37 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

"Follow-through" for its own sake is a very stupid policy. Other presidents have wanted to do it, but reneged when they were educated on the matter and the ramifications that would come with it. Pros Vs Cons, so to speak.

Like if you promised your daughter a pony when she was 4 and then didn't actually get her one because you did some research and realized having a pony in an apartment is a bad idea. Does this mean you're a shit for not fulfilling a promise? No. It means you looked at the bigger picture and made the smart move after the fact.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 10:41 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by Robtard
"Follow-through" for its own sake is a very stupid policy. Other presidents have wanted to do it, but reneged when they were educated on the matter and the ramifications that would come with it. Pros Vs Cons, so to speak.

Like if you promised your daughter a pony when she was 4 and then didn't actually get her one because you did some research and realized having a pony in an apartment is a bad idea. Does this mean you're a shit for not fulfilling a promise? No. It means you looked at the bigger picture and made the smart move after the fact.

Yeah, you pretty much suck for promising something and not following through in the scenario you posed. I would never promise my daughter a pony because I know I'm not giving her one. lol

I would have assumed these people would have told them of the ramifications of this move before they proposed it, but they said it anyway. I don't the issue really. Isn't their parliament there?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 10:47 PM