KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super: Broly - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super: Broly - Discussion Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (64): « First ... « 38 39 [40] 41 42 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
-Freeza goes from being WEAKER than he was on Namek, to being roughly on par with n00b-SSB Goku... Just by training for a couple months.

-Freeza then goes from being on par with n00b-SSB Goku, to being identically matched with SSB Goku just before the ToP... This is a Goku who had trained in the RoSaT for THREE dayS/yearS, and had received multiple zenkais from his battles in the U6v.s.U7 Tournament, and the Zamasu arc... Yet Freeza was able to increase his power by the same degree just by *thinking* about fighting Goku while he was bound in hell(he didn't even have to physically train.)

-Freeza then has some of the most intensive fights of his life during the ToP, and has had an undisclosed amount of time since the ToP to further bolster his powers in this film, yet I'm to think he has just inextricably...Plateau'd here? Give me a break.
You're failing to realize that aside from that, there's a 20 minute fight and that's no good.

5 second fights. Goku vs Superman. Darth Vader sucks.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 03:04 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by cdtm
Kind of. Being able to breath in space and survive in pieces makes him look like a monster.

Otoh, he also gets roughed up relatively easy, for an apex villain. Newbie SSJ Goku and Blue both had his number. He was one shot a few times, by Trunks and Goku (Though weakened in the second case.) And in the ToP, he only looked good against small fry, and a very weakened Jiren.

Overall, I can see the Deadpool reputation, but the fact is he's never really shown the capacity to stand against someone nearly at his level. Much less someone that's supposed to be the strongest thing ever BEFORE he reach's his Apex form.

And Estacado, that "stronger after the ToP" excuse only works if someone's a Saiyan. Goku and Vegeta narratively became stronger.

You have clearly no clue what you are talking about.

Frieza who had lost to noob Goku became an equal to a much stronger Goku just by thinking about killing him and being unable to move because he was trapped in a coccon for a long time...

Bankai.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 03:11 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by One Big Mob
You're failing to realize that aside from that, there's a 20 minute fight and that's no good.

5 second fights. Goku vs Superman. Darth Vader sucks.

Depends on how it's done.

Was Anakin vs Obi Wan 2 better then Anakin vs Obi Wan 1? (The answer is no.)

The Zamasu arc suffered from this, imo. Lots of long, drawn out fights that didn't go anywhere.

If this 20 minute fight were more like, say, Goku and Beerus, then great. That was long, and done well.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 03:13 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The only "?s" right now are:
[SPOILER - highlight to read]:
a.) Which forms Gogeta uses. SSB for sure, but there are conflicting reports as to the forms he uses beforehand(some have said base, some have said SSJ, some have said SSG.)

b.) If Cooler(ie. the brother of Freeza) was actually referenced.

Those questions should be answered in the days to come.
These questions have been answered, btw.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]:
a.) Sounds like we'll get base, SSJ, and SSB Gogeta.

b.) Cooler(Freeza's brother) is NOT mentioned in this. Evidently when Freeza was thinking about his wish from the Dragon we are shown some images of his other forms, and a statement is made that some of those forms look "cool" because they are "taller". Hence the initial confusion from the translators.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 15th, 2018 at 04:01 PM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 03:44 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Also, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Tarble is apparently referenced the Minus/flashback sequence... Which is surprising to me, given that he was redacted from DBS entirely.

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 15th, 2018 at 04:02 PM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 03:49 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Geekdom also said everybody who saw the movie said this is the BEST dragon ball movie ever made.

Bankai.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 06:53 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

And apparently the scene when Broly goes SSJ initially is one of(if not *the*) most awesome transformation scenes in the franchise.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 07:51 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Galan as the mod of this forum your job is to:

Get yo ass on a plane, travel to Japan, record the movie with an HD camera, make english subtitles for it and share it with us.

Bankai.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 08:30 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

A few new scenes in this commercial:

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 08:36 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Estacado
Galan as the mod of this forum your job is to:

Get yo ass on a plane, travel to Japan, record the movie with an HD camera, make english subtitles for it and share it with us.
Sounds good. thumb up

I'll post it sometime in December. smile

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 08:38 PM
Estacado
Legendary

A few new scenes in this commercial:

That track is so good but I dont know why.....

Bankai.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 08:41 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Any description on how does the full power transformation look like?

I really hope they kept some aspect of the skin burst/explosion from the old movies...

Cant wait to see what kind of dialogues Broly has...

Bankai.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 08:59 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I haven't seen any emphasis placed on his FPSSJ transformation at all, so I doubt it's similar to the LSSJ transformation in the previous movies... Otherwise people would be wanking the hell out of it.

As for Broly's dialogue: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I've heard that he speaks in a very rudimentary/basic way, because he hasn't been taught how to properly speak during his isolation. I guess Paragus doesn't really give a shit about anything but making Broly a weapon in this.

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 15th, 2018 at 09:12 PM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 09:06 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Still hoping it wont be just pumpin them muscles...

Here is the Broly workout routine if you wanna be a 507lbs beast...

http://superherojacked.com/2018/11/...orkout-routine/

Bankai.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 10:13 PM
MrMind

Originally posted by Estacado
Still hoping it wont be just pumpin them muscles...

Here is the Broly workout routine if you wanna be a 507lbs beast...

http://superherojacked.com/2018/11/...orkout-routine/

eat clen, tren hard

Old Post Nov 16th, 2018 05:41 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

There is one thing I don't get. Why does Frieza goes over all the trouble described on the movie [SPOILER - highlight to read]: to send Broly to troll Vegeta and then ends up getting pummeled for his troubles?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 16th, 2018 08:39 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Cause he loves pain...

Bankai.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2018 09:14 AM
carver9

Lol... heard that Broly and Gogeta is going to be so powerful that their punches is going to be ripping space time.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 16th, 2018 01:22 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, and apparently that happens before either of them are even using full power.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2018 02:08 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Also the power output of their fight is destroying multiple planets...

Thats is some World Breaker Hulk lvl shit aight Carter?

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Nov 16th, 2018 at 02:46 PM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2018 02:43 PM