KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Besides, if anyone should really represent Minecraft, it's the monsters. Make the cube that spawns them the fighter to switch between different things like Endermen, Creeper, Spider, etc. like Pokemon Trainer does with Charizard and Ivysaur. I'm just saying it's the best choice by far and not Steve if Minecraft was still on the table.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
How is he not a juggernaut of gaming? New characters made it in.

He's from the best-selling game series of all time.

He alone could very well bump the sales way up.

I don't get your beef with who the default Dragon rep is. So you have to scroll for Erdrick. You saying he shouldn't be playable at all then? Bruh.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 12th, 2019 at 11:11 AM

Old Post Jun 12th, 2019 10:57 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
Minecraft is a great game. Is Steve a great character? Is Steve even a character? He's a nobody.

Edit: Also Tetris is the best-selling game series of all time. Should we add the Line Block?
It is not.

Tetris was, it no longer is. The difference being that Steve is an actual character that people recognize and know. He's the protagonist of minecraft.

People don't need character development, in my opinion, to be likable.

Think about how many characters you know that have absolutely no character development.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 12th, 2019 01:34 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Erdrick is the most famous hero in the entire DQ series by leaps and bounds, whereas in FF at least secondary characters like Lightning and Squall can be at least slightly compared to Cloud in terms of popularity (not exactly in terms of likability), but DQ is a whole different ball game. I can confidently say Erdrick and even the Descendant of Erdrick are by far the most popular characters and it isn't. even. close.

Again, perceived popularity is a weird way to dictate which skin is the default. Putting the protagonist of the Latest Entry (which is a pretty awesome game) makes sense from a marketing perspective and it's an objective standard. No one is surprised Link sports his Breath of the Wild look despite Ocarina of Time Link having "the most popular look".

Again, I'm surprised people are even complaining about this. Lot's of other DQ heroes are beloved by the fanbase.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jun 12th, 2019 02:05 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

Look people who say Steve or Sora immediately get on my nerves (but so did Cloud and look anything can happen).

And don't get me started on the Goku crowd. He's not even a video game character he just has video games. Its like asking for Jake Sully from Avatar.

The Genos and Waluigi crowd will probably be left out to dry, but the Waluigi crowd has better odds as he's in the main Mario ensemble. (but he an assist so that reduces his chances to about 0).

Crono? Well maybe. They love sword fighters and he is a legacy character from the SNES.

Tails I think wouldn't be too outlandish and would make someONE happy I'm sure.

People asking for Master Chief... just stop.

BUT WE REALLY NEED IS MORE MUTHA F@KCING FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTERS! Bring ME hECtoR!

Lets start by summoning feats.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2019 12:14 PM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
Look people who say Steve or Sora immediately get on my nerves (but so did Cloud and look anything can happen).

And don't get me started on the Goku crowd. He's not even a video game character he just has video games. Its like asking for Jake Sully from Avatar.

The Genos and Waluigi crowd will probably be left out to dry, but the Waluigi crowd has better odds as he's in the main Mario ensemble. (but he an assist so that reduces his chances to about 0).

Crono? Well maybe. They love sword fighters and he is a legacy character from the SNES.

Tails I think wouldn't be too outlandish and would make someONE happy I'm sure.

People asking for Master Chief... just stop.

BUT WE REALLY NEED IS MORE MUTHA F@KCING FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTERS! Bring ME hECtoR!
Anyone from any series could come to Smash at this point, assuming they're from a video game, and said video game is huge.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2019 03:20 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deft

I hope see to Crash or Geno

Old Post Jul 28th, 2019 03:17 AM
deft is currently offline Click here to Send deft a Private Message Find more posts by deft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

I hope to see Ryu Hayabusa.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Jan 20th, 2020 02:14 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Byleth in Smash. The 5th challenger could've been a Nintendog and I don't think many would've been as livid with that choice compared to another Fire Emblem character. Man is the internet going berserk.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2020 07:49 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

As it is, Banjo and Terry Bogard were the MVP's of the initial fighter pass for me. Fire Emblem representation in Smash is always going to be divisive, but another promotional character is small potatoes when we've got a 2nd fighter pass and thus a whole season 2 of DLC on our hands.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2020 10:00 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anyone from any series could come to Smash at this point, assuming they're from a video game, and said video game is huge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y30...ndex=3&t=0s

I want to see Crash.

Granted I would never, ever buy one of these games, but I just want to see it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2020 10:42 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

So guys. Vault Boy from Fallout is in Smash as a Mii costume. With how much we've talked about Fallout in the past, surprised this wasn't mentioned yet.

And here's the new fighter.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 10:44 AM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Byleth in Smash. The 5th challenger could've been a Nintendog and I don't think many would've been as livid with that choice compared to another Fire Emblem character. Man is the internet going berserk.
Rather a Nintendog or Byleth then a ****ing Pirahna Plant.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2020 07:12 AM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

The only real choice for another 3rd party character is Tomba.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2020 07:09 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

So guys. Vault Boy from Fallout is in Smash as a Mii costume. With how much we've talked about Fallout in the past, surprised this wasn't mentioned yet.

And here's the new fighter.

Bethesda content in Smash.

I knew what that was going to lead to.

Still, at this point, Ryu Hayabusa, one of the last icons from the NES era, is my most wanted character for this game.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Aug 13th, 2020 04:41 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

So, Steve made it in a bit ago...

Thoughts?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2020 06:17 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

*ahem*

**** little mac and **** little mac abusers.

This is a thread dedicated to throwing shade at the ultimate scrub character in Smash. In any other game this loser would be considered a joke character- not even pickable outside of 4 player FFA smash.
Le invincible frame data man
Le super armor on everything man
Le one-punch man press ftilt to win man

Oh but wait he has bad recovery so that makes him """""f-tier""""" because we all know there aren't like 50 stages in the game that have walls instead of ledges!

The fact that his air game is garbage is even more proof of how poorly designed piss this character is. He is the definitive scrub character. He is cheese incarnate. A character who absolutely, no-fun-allowed dominates one aspect of the game while dying instantly if he gets knocked off stage at 50% has no place on a fighting game.

Press F to spit on this man.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 6th, 2020 01:11 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Smash's success is proof there's a sucker born every minute. laughing out loud

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2020 04:16 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

No way it's gonna be Steve when each DLC is looking to be representing a different company.

That post didn't age well did it? lol

Old Post Nov 7th, 2020 10:10 AM
ares834

Thoughts?

Absolute garbage. I'd rather have another FE rep than Steve.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 12:03 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Steve I was whatever on, but Tracer is the only 3rd party addition that would honestly make me tilted at this point. Supporters of the FPS icons (Master Chief, Doomguy, etc) and Crash (because Activision) would be collectively pissed.

If Sakurai approached Activision at all though (or vice-versa), I think it would've had to be for Crash, not Overwatch.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 01:10 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote