KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Worthy Tournament - Odds Thread

Worthy Tournament - Odds Thread
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

maybe and maybe. i never had a problem with strange being in though. it's his prepped feats that tend to get all the talk but i've long been of the opinion that strange himself is pretty overrated in general. /shrug

Old Post Mar 25th, 2018 04:02 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Supermutant
I motion that on KMC henceforth and forever more the acronym LOB shall stand for Loser Of Battlezones!!!
So it shall be written. So it shall be done.

(please log in to view the image)

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Mar 25th, 2018 05:15 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I'm sending my write up tomorrow, I'm missing two scans and I'm too lazy to rush and get them at this time. Everything else is pretty much covered.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Mar 25th, 2018 10:33 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

I will try and send in my closing tomorrow night. I'm on a cruise in Vanuatu/ New Caledonia and while I purchased a wifi pack the speed is shite.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 12:48 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by leonidas
maybe and maybe. i never had a problem with strange being in though. it's his prepped feats that tend to get all the talk but i've long been of the opinion that strange himself is pretty overrated in general. /shrug

For the most part I agree except that it was stated to be classic Strange and that version has enough feats to validate auto shields that are pretty hard for most on this level to crack. Imagine adding a Mjilnor amp to those auto shields??

Most opening attacks wouldnt do shite, allowing Strange as long as he needs to use the eye to best know how to use Mjilnor to its utmost.

Most others here have to make a conscious effort to shield, and most dont have shields on that level (those that come close take a lot longer to be of effective use straight out of the gate).

Cant speak for others but that was the issue I had.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 01:01 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

so what does everyone think of the matches so far? without sounding too confident, i sort of like my chances of getting out of my match though i'm not entirely sure who i think will make out with the other spot. there are some clear problems with one post in particular, imo, but we'll see what the judges think i guess.

bentley and lob is surprisingly (to some, not to this bentley fanboy) complicated. personally, i think i'd have bentley ahead on points at the moment....

id and beats? knowing one post still remains, i def feel one of them has a distinct edge in the match atm....

there have also been a couple pretty nicely played plans laid out by a couple people. gotta say (without commenting on whether i think it would work or not) id's idea of making hellstrom unworthy is an excellent and very unique strat. not sure i'm smart enough to understand all of bentley's but i like the overall premise of what he's going for and even ds twisted the obvious ploy of turning to uru by making use of the ultron scan. not sure what judges will make of these plans (and i'll keep my own thoughts on how well or poorly i think each would work) but points at least for being creative gents.

anyone have a fave plan? no commenting on whether you think it would work (or worse posting PROOF to support your belief) because we don't want to sway judges or make arguments for competitors, but any plan you just really thought was pretty creative and totally unexpected?

Last edited by leonidas on Mar 27th, 2018 at 07:34 PM

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 07:32 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

I knew exactly what DS was going to do and I think someone even posted it exactly (though not in response to him I think, just if Jane got two hammers).

Huge fan. Even bigger fan of him abusing the no response rule too.

I have a new favorite in the tourney. I want to see just how much of a bastard he becomes if he moves forward.

His post is the only one I read out of that thread though. Him Bentley and LoB. The others were just snippets so I can't comment on them.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 07:42 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

No response rule?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 02:56 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

id and beats? knowing one post still remains, i def feel one of them has a distinct edge in the match atm....

What you see is what you get. Our match is finished.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 04:54 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

pretty entertaining i thought. thumb up

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 07:23 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

damn lob, trying to read your match is a total pain in the a$$... use bigger scans next time. judges love it when you make their job harder.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2018 09:29 PM
LordofBrooklyn

damn lob, trying to read your match is a total pain in the a$$... use bigger scans next time. judges love it when you make their job harder.

READING THE WORK OF THE LORDOFTHEBATTLEZONES IS WORTH IT!!!!

Old Post Mar 30th, 2018 10:09 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

laughing out loud

true. i'm even taking notes.
thumb up

Old Post Mar 30th, 2018 10:30 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Tournament is getting tighter. Waiting for the LoB vs Bently match. But so far

Super Mutant - Surfer
Leo - Loki
Id - Nate

Are going to be a fierce next round.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2018 02:22 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Agreed. This is good. Before I randomize I'll also give you all the opportunity to steal a defeated opponents pick should you wish to!

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Apr 5th, 2018 05:06 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

just wanted to let everyone involved know that this week and weekend are good for me, but most of the following 2 weeks posting will be very challenging for me. i'll effectively be out of town from the 18th until the start of may. there will be some days in there where i might be able to sneak in a post, but for the most part posting will be effectively impossible. if that sounds like it will be a problem for anyone, ds can take my spot so that i don't throw things completely out of whack for everyone else. figured i better let you all know now so you can make a decision about how to proceed.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 12:03 PM
LordofBrooklyn

just wanted to let everyone involved know that this week and weekend are good for me, but most of the following 2 weeks posting will be very challenging for me. i'll effectively be out of town from the 18th until the start of may. there will be some days in there where i might be able to sneak in a post, but for the most part posting will be effectively impossible. if that sounds like it will be a problem for anyone, ds can take my spot so that i don't throw things completely out of whack for everyone else. figured i better let you all know now so you can make a decision about how to proceed.

TRANSLATION....

I FEAR THE MIGHTY LOB!!!!

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 03:35 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

You're good my friend, shouldn't take longer than 2 weeks to finish up your match thumb up

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 03:51 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

LEONIDAS, I ACCEPT YOUR CONCESSION!!!

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 04:03 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Ok so we got our final 4 in.

LoB - Cyborg Supes.
Leo - Loki.
Super M - Silver Surfer
Id- Shaman X-Man

Um...so from a drafting point of view. This shit is fiercely competitive.

But the matchups are interesting.

LoB vs Loki: The result Shenanigans, some way in some form LoB will pull a scan of a Prego whopping on Loki. laughing

Id vs Super M: I am doing all the exposing *unzips.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 05:30 PM