KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (68): « First ... « 47 48 [49] 50 51 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

Finally saw this yesterday.

Thor, awesome. Very hilarious. Didn't like it that he didn't have a "let's get back in shape" approach. I did understand why he had to give up the throne and that was a good call. Didn't like it that they passed it to [who?], however. They needed to do better character building. Perhaps it was there but I just didn't give a shit about her character enough to think she should be Asgard's new king.

I enjoyed Thanos' character. He didn't flinch at all when he saw himself get beheaded. His character was consistent and it was done well. His double-bladed sword thing was overpowered. Cap's shield should not have have been beaten down like that. However, I understand it was setting Cap up to use Thor's Hammer. Also, the hammer thing was cool as hell and Cap is awesome. However, it should have shown him struggling to grab the hammer, first, before he just called it like he had the Force.

I like Quill's setup with Gamora. Hope they get back together. smile

Timeline stuff...I understood it mostly. Converged timelines once the stones are restored thereby getting rid of the splits, etc.

Cap converged their timeline when he went back in time to restore the stones. So he didn't come back after he converged the timelines. There's no issues, here, with how the timeline system was supposed to work with Cap staying behind to marry his love. Loved that part of the series.

Also, I knew they had to kill Tony. But I didn't like it. I also understand that RDJr.'s character had to be killed off. His freak out and break down after being rescued from space was believable and real. His whole character and build up through out the movie was top notch. Loved how the handled Cap and Ironman.

Super loved it when Stark hugged Peter Parker a long time. It was awkward for Peter, no doubt. But that was the feels of a man who loved the boy as his own, missed him for 5 years, and blamed himself for failing for 5 years. It was like the mirror-follow-up of when Peter thought Stark was giving him a hug in the car and it was awkward. Now Peter feels awkward from the hug. Nicely wrapped up self-referencing scene. smile But...true to Peter's character, he said, "...but this is nice." Such a wholesome Spider-man! big grin

I didn't like how they treated my boy, Banner. I didn't like the lack of a healing factor. I didn't like that Hulk did not get revenge against Thanos.

Everything related to Captain Marvel: hated it. I strongly dislike her character, now. She's just awful everything. SJW personified.

And the all-women thing? So much cringe. Absolutely terrible. Hated it. It was so bad that I feel bad for the actors in that scene.

Also, based on Thanos' strength, Cap's head should have been splattered when he finally beat him. Didn't like the inconsistency with Cap's durability. I know it's a movie. But he's not supposed to be like Hulk. He's supposed to be a Superhuman but not extremely superhuman.

Didn't like the quantum entanglement data-leaking crap they did with Gamora's sister (don't care about the name...). There were better ways to handle the leak of information about their soul-stone collecting shenanigans.

I can put more thoughts down.

All in all, a good send off. A good wrap-up. Loved Lang's character. Loved his story wrap-up. Loved most story wrap-ups, really. 8 out of 10. Perhaps a 9 out of 10 the next time I see it. Bruceskywalker and I agree again on a movie rating: shocking. smile

Also, I was okay with the new Captain. Actually...felt fitting. Hawkeye was too evil and corrupted to carry the shield. Peter is his own hero but can wield the shield. Good call on the writers part. However, he's not super....

Last edited by dadudemon on May 17th, 2019 at 07:29 PM

Old Post May 17th, 2019 07:26 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

My friend took off a point in his rating cause there was no scene after the credits

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Last edited by steverules_2 on May 19th, 2019 at 04:31 PM

Old Post May 19th, 2019 04:27 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

So no need to sit thru what I am sure is 45 minutes of credits...At Least! That is very good to know.

Old Post May 20th, 2019 04:51 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
So no need to sit thru what I am sure is 45 minutes of credits...At Least! That is very good to know.

Not unless you wanna see the Spider-Man far from home trailer which I’ve heard they’ve added to the end apparently

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post May 20th, 2019 08:47 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by steverules_2
Not unless you wanna see the Spider-Man far from home trailer which I’ve heard they’ve added to the end apparently
Was not available the first night but now the new trailer is after the credits. The end of these phases is the biggest thing to ever hit the movies. What a great moment to be alive!

Old Post May 21st, 2019 06:01 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Spoiler banners are officially gone.

It's been long enough.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 21st, 2019 09:52 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

I thought this movie was so overhyped. It was good, but it honestlywas not that good.

Old Post May 21st, 2019 10:14 PM
ShadowFyre is online now! Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

You're right, it wasn't good. It was damn near perfect.

Old Post May 21st, 2019 10:30 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I thought this movie was so overhyped. It was good, but it honestlywas not that good.
These two movies were the best films of all time. Nothing has ever stuck the landing such as they have. Mcu is simply the best.

Old Post May 21st, 2019 11:30 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
You're right, it wasn't good. It was damn near perfect.

Not even close. Not even in my top 10 MCU films.

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 02:28 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Not even close. Not even in my top 10 MCU films.
Your opinion is suspect. You never cared for Thanos so I am not surprised.

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 02:30 AM
Darth Thor

^ Except Infinity War is in my top comic book movies of all time. So there goes your daft theory.

Days of Future Past was a far superior time travel superhero film IMO.

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 02:46 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

^ Except Infinity War is in my top comic book movies of all time. So there goes your daft theory.

Days of Future Past was a far superior time travel superhero film IMO.
Infinity War is the greatest film of all time. This is the runner up. Both exceptional for different reasons. You are crazy. This film wrapped up 22 films and was the icing on the cake. We will likely never have a culmination to match this again in our lives.

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 02:56 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by quanchi112
Infinity War is the greatest film of all time. This is the runner up. Both exceptional for different reasons. You are crazy. This film wrapped up 22 films and was the icing on the cake. We will likely never have a culmination to match this again in our lives.

No Im just being objective. You and others I feel are just taken in by the hype.

Its wrapped things up nicely for certain characters but that doesnt make it as good as some of the MCU classics. Its not even close in fact.

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 08:25 AM
Impediment
Endless

Endgame was a lot of fun and was well made, but it’s nowhere near the greatest comic book film of all time.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 10:11 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

No true MCU fan would say this is even top 5 on the MCU shifty

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 10:54 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

No Im just being objective. You and others I feel are just taken in by the hype.

Its wrapped things up nicely for certain characters but that doesnt make it as good as some of the MCU classics. Its not even close in fact.
No, our opinions just differ. You pretending to know what is best is ridiculous especially since you are always so wrong.

This is the second greatest film of all time. The end battle was the best action sequence in all of cinema. Being wrong about Thanos and how much better he is than Thor, the fact Thor lost in IW which I told you was also confirmed in the film, etc. Thanos has a weapon to ward off his axe even laughing out loud. I bet sitting there knowing I told you all of this prior to seeing it really left you feeling defeated. Oh and you claimed carol was too fast for Thanos to even touch her when he withstood her attacks threw her aside then defeated her amidst a mad dash for the stones against multiple heroes must have just caused you to lose it.

I told you so, kid.

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 11:45 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Bentley
No true MCU fan would say this is even top 5 on the MCU shifty
D. Thor loves Shazam more. No doubt. He is no MCU fan.

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 11:55 AM
Darth Thor

No, our opinions just differ. You pretending to know what is best is ridiculous especially since you are always so wrong.

I gave my opinion. Stop freaking out making out Im pretending my opinion is some fact.

Lol @ me always being so wrong though. See below.

This is the second greatest film of all time. The end battle was the best action sequence in all of cinema.

You're just fanboying over Thanos. The whole end battle didn't work for me one bit. Felt too forced. You could take the whole end action scene out of the film and it wouldn't change anything sans Tonys death. Was a plot twist just for the sake of a big action scene. Didn't work for me at all.

Being wrong about Thanos and how much better he is than Thor, the fact Thor lost in IW which I told you was also confirmed in the film, etc.

Unfortunately for you you didn't have enough faith at the time to accept my Stormbrraker Thor vs Base Thanos challenge. So the joke is on you.

Thanos has a weapon to ward off his axe even laughing out loud. I bet sitting there knowing I told you all of this prior to seeing it really left you feeling defeated. Oh and you claimed carol was too fast for Thanos to even touch her when he withstood her attacks threw her aside then defeated her amidst a mad dash for the stones against multiple heroes must have just caused you to lose it.

I told you so, kid.

Nah I was laughing when both SW and CM solo'd Thanos. Best one on one fighter in the MCU really helped him there didn't it? LMAO

Your claim about Hulk being the Avengers powerhouse is your most laughable claim to date post these two films.

Thor beat Hulk in Ragnarok without any weapons. Now Thor has Strombreaker, which he would EASILY cut up Hulk with, no contest at all. Whilst all Hulk has is a broken arm, and worse strength feats than Ant-Man. "Strongest Avenger"? laughing out loud Iron Man was clearly taking the mick.

Last edited by Darth Thor on May 22nd, 2019 at 01:23 PM

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 01:21 PM
quanchi112
Disney

I gave my opinion. Stop freaking out making out Im pretending my opinion is some fact.

Lol @ me always being so wrong though. See below.

It is funny how you talking trash about the finale of three phases. This just is not for you. You are just a Star Wars ot guy. Those films are pure shit compared to this. Laughable acting, inferior action, inferior characters, and an anticlimactic stomp of Vader is your preference. Gross.

quote:

You're just fanboying over Thanos. The whole end battle didn't work for me one bit. Felt too forced. You could take the whole end action scene out of the film and it wouldn't change anything sans Tonys death. Was a plot twist just for the sake of a big action scene. Didn't work for me at all.

[/B]
I do not know anyone who did not like the end battle. More proof the MCU is just not your thing. To have the visuals of Thanos sitting amongst the wreckage of avengers mansion while three of the original avengers come to face him. Thanos was not worried in the slightest. He showed up at their house, trashed it, and teleported down and waited with no backup without a worry. It was so utterly glorious.

quote:

Unfortunately for you you didn't have enough faith at the time to accept my Stormbrraker Thor vs Base Thanos challenge. So the joke is on you.[/B]
I told you Thanos destroys him but idiots like you were not able to glean the obvious because he had the stones throughout the majority of Infinity War. Thor gets wrecked so I am right once again. You ignored the filmmakers explaining Thanos has more skill than Thor and is the better fighter because you are a biased poster. Now you see for yourself it aint close.

Your Superman will fall. Cannot wait to destroy you in a battlezone. I will dissect the evidence and already have a different approach in mind.

quote:

Nah I was laughing when both SW and CM solo'd Thanos. Best one on one fighter in the MCU really helped him there didn't it? LMAO

Your claim about Hulk being the Avengers powerhouse is your most laughable claim to date post these two films.

Thor beat Hulk in Ragnarok without any weapons. Now Thor has Strombreaker, which he would EASILY cut up Hulk with, no contest at all. Whilst all Hulk has is a broken arm, and worse strength feats than Ant-Man. "Strongest Avenger"? laughing out loud Iron Man was clearly taking the mick. [/B]
SW lost. Thanos had her taken care of and survived an all assault. She came back later with a lot more females trying to deny Thanos who still prevented carol from getting to the van.

Hulk is the only avenger who could use the stones and survive. Thor could not. This proved once and for all he is the powerhouse of the team. That is undeniable proof. Tony stark settled this in Thors final movie. Strongest avenger.

Thor did not win. You lying about the outcome when both fighters were still up and able to continue. Thor would die Hulk was able to continue. Thanos survived using the stones twice while being impaled by the axe.

I won on every single claim. If we asked the directors they would laugh your Thor bias. Hulk is stronger, more durable but Thor has more skill and better weaponry.

Carol lost. She was defeated. Thanos withstood her shots and threw her annoying ass away. She flew back to the fight he quickly without any experience with the stones pulled one off and have the power to use it without any inanimate object to withstand the power of the stone to defeat her. Thanos beat her despite all the heroes converging and taking turns against Thanos. I told you all. Just wait. Thanos won. He is unbeatable in one on one. They did not lie. Even tony stark called him unbeatable. They were so morally defeated it was glorious. The emotional effect he had on Thor had to upset you. The entire universe will always remember Thanos impact.

Greatest villain of all time. My personal favorite really separated himself from all others of any movie.

Last edited by quanchi112 on May 22nd, 2019 at 02:29 PM

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 02:16 PM