KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Apocalypse vs Gladiator

Apocalypse vs Gladiator
Started by: Philosophía

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
Why is this a debate? Apocalypse would manhandle Glads as an adult would handle a kid
Speed.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 10:38 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

These are Marvel characters Philo, they are all SLOW

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 10:40 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Excellent point.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 11:00 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

These are Marvel characters Philo, they are all SLOW

So, Surfer, Runner, Makkari, etc are slow?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 11:06 AM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
So, Surfer, Runner, Makkari, etc are slow?

I do not actually need to explain that a sweeping assumption about all Marvel characters was meant as a joke, right?

Hal's top speed might be above those you mention though shifty

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 11:23 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

marvel is slow
dc is shit with tp and energy projection

marvel is strong in science
dc is powerful in magic

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 11:47 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Golgo is twitching right now

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 11:52 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

I do not actually need to explain that a sweeping assumption about all Marvel characters was meant as a joke, right?

Hal's top speed might be above those you mention though shifty

travel speed isnt combat speed

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 12:30 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

travel speed isnt combat speed

I thought you are arguing for Surfer...
this is argument against Surfer...

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 12:33 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MrMind
I thought you are arguing for Surfer...
this is argument against Surfer...

yeah i know, surfer has excellent combat speed

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 12:35 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

yeah i know, surfer has excellent combat speed

Does he now?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 12:36 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by abhilegend
Does he now?

well... yeah. can't say the same the Hal

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 12:38 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

well... yeah. can't say the same the Hal

I'm willing to bet Hal has better combat speed feats than Surfer does

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 12:41 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by abhilegend
I'm willing to bet Hal has better combat speed feats than Surfer does
thumb up

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 12:47 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 05:50 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eaebiakuya

quote:
Gladiator choked her out, while Apocalypse restrained her entire body with one hand. The latter takes considerably more strength than the former.

Gladiator also chocked her with one hand, and she was with her arms free to fight back. Apocalypse restrained her body for a moment, dont letting her move or make much strengh. Anyway, i think it was possible more because his size than his pure strengh.

quote:
I don't see the Gladiator as the hit-and-run type. Besides, what's stopping Apocalypse from teleporting out of the way at some point? It's not like he's a pinata there, just waiting to get striked.

Sure, but he can use this in some moment of the fight, and it could him a opening to a sequence of attacks.

Apocalypse could teleport to avoid the attack but how he will see him? Gladiator can watch from very far - a galaxy away, and he will cover this distance in a very short time. He could attack Apolypse back for example. In a non PIS scenario, i think that is very hard for the mutant to see this attack coming.

quote:
Apocalypse doesn't need to always strike Thor with spine breaking shots in order to prove his superiority over Gladiator, though. The overall point still remains - he is portrayed as considerably stronger than Thor, which is what needs to be shown in order to argue the same over Gladiator. He also looked very good against Ikaris [who he shapeshift-stabbed through], and against Loki it was a scuffle, not necessarily a serious fight, and even then floored him with a headbutt.

But his "superiority" is only based because this strike and this fight. If you take this fight off, you have very few to argue that he is stronger, or even at same level of Gladiator. If you take of this fight, you have him struggling against guys who are low heralds (or lower) in phisical terms.

Also, he was portrayed stronger than the young Thor, not the regular Thor. Regular Thor destroyed Genesis without any effort.

quote:
A nova corps member is, obviously, not as durable as Apocalypse.

Sure. But i was trying to show that he can do more than "little damage" with this kind of attack.

quote:
I don't understand your position in regards to Gladiator's attack on Heimdall, are you saying that he flew the entire galaxy, but he slowed down before hitting Heimdall?

I think you are trying to say that even if Gladiator use this attack, this dont do more than a little harm in someone like Heimdall. My point is: a regular punch is stronger than a assault like that? A attack much faster than light, flying over a entire galaxy, in maybe less than one second? This make no sense. It only did little damage to Heimdall because the circumstances. I dont know if Gladiator slowed down, or if he just dont aim for the center of Heimdall body. But i dont think is reasonable to think that this kind of attack is weaker than punches, like the punch he used to defeat Vulcan. Do you think?

quote:
Furthermore, you're bringing up stuff like Ikaris and Loki, but you're ignoring the fact that Heimdall bloodied Gladiator in a hard fought fight, in the same example you're using:

Well, this fight was very fast. Gladiator defeated him in instants after he refused to surrender. Sure, he take some damage from a magical sword, but he kinda owned him after that. I think Apocalypse could take blood from Gladiator too.

quote:
Dodging something is not the same as being afraid of it. Apocalypse has dodged Cyclops' eye beams, too, yet palms them when he feels like it.

Ok, but did he tanked something on pair with Gladiator eyes blasts? This could damage him.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2019 12:14 AM
eaebiakuya is currently offline Click here to Send eaebiakuya a Private Message Find more posts by eaebiakuya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Gladiator also chocked her with one hand, and she was with her arms free to fight back. Apocalypse restrained her body for a moment, dont letting her move or make much strengh. Anyway, i think it was possible more because his size than his pure strengh.
You can't say "more because his size than his pure strength", since "size" is not the "thing" applying the pressure, that "thing" is the "strength". You could say that he gets 'stronger' with size, but he seemed just as strong when he was 'normal' size in their first encounter where he nearly shattered his spine, and nothing's stopping him from increasing in size here, either.

Also, it's easier to put pressure on the neck and KO somebody unconscious, than to immobilize their entire body -- with one hand.

quote:
Apocalypse could teleport to avoid the attack but how he will see him? Gladiator can watch from very far - a galaxy away, and he will cover this distance in a very short time. He could attack Apolypse back for example. In a non PIS scenario, i think that is very hard for the mutant to see this attack coming.

The combatants don't start a Galaxy away, so Apocalypse would see him just fine.

Go over the forum rules, please.

quote:
But his "superiority" is only based because this strike and this fight. If you take this fight off, you have very few to argue that he is stronger, or even at same level of Gladiator. If you take of this fight, you have him struggling against guys who are low heralds (or lower) in phisical terms.

Also, he was portrayed stronger than the young Thor, not the regular Thor. Regular Thor destroyed Genesis without any effort.

No, his superiority is based on two fights - under two different writers - against two different Thors, both separately, and together.

It is rather conclusive that Apocalypse is stronger.

Genesis is, also, not Apocalypse. And Thor used the axe against him.

quote:
Sure. But i was trying to show that he can do more than "little damage" with this kind of attack.

Against weak people, sure.

Can you provide proof against somebody on Apocalypse's level?

All you've showed up until now is Gladiator trying this against Heimdall, failing, and then going in an off-panel fight that he won, but bloodied him.

It doesn't ring of confidence in this tactic, I might say.

quote:
I think you are trying to say that even if Gladiator use this attack, this dont do more than a little harm in someone like Heimdall. My point is: a regular punch is stronger than a assault like that? A attack much faster than light, flying over a entire galaxy, in maybe less than one second? This make no sense. It only did little damage to Heimdall because the circumstances. I dont know if Gladiator slowed down, or if he just dont aim for the center of Heimdall body. But i dont think is reasonable to think that this kind of attack is weaker than punches, like the punch he used to defeat Vulcan. Do you think?

You used Gladiator bullrushing as a tactic.

It didn't work, on Heimdall.

You're not even giving me concrete opinion on why you think it didn't work on Heimdall. Or instances where it worked, for it to matter, against somebody on this level.

I'm trying to understand your position on why you think it would work on Apocalypse. You have to give me something.

quote:
Well, this fight was very fast. Gladiator defeated him in instants after he refused to surrender. Sure, he take some damage from a magical sword, but he kinda owned him after that. I think Apocalypse could take blood from Gladiator too.

If Gladiator would have defeated him in instants, his costume wouldn't be torn and he'd be bleeding.

It was a fight.

As I said, be careful what you use, or it might backfire.

I haven't even started on Gladiator's less flattering showings.

Would you be willing to take a bet that they're much lower than Apocalypse's?

quote:
Ok, but did he tanked something on pair with Gladiator eyes blasts? This could damage him.
Who says he needs to tank them?

He could shapeshift or teleport out of their way, if he doesn't want to get hit. Or shield himself from them. Plenty of options.

Hell, he could do any of that, and also hit Gladiator with his own:
http://i.imgur.com/IGt2s7C.jpg

smile

Last edited by Philosophía on Feb 22nd, 2019 at 11:27 PM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 11:18 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Fun fact: Glads got hurt by O5 Scott's optic blasts (pre-Krakoa upgrade).

While Nur was exposed to much stronger blasts and always laughed them off.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2019 01:04 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Fun fact: Glads got hurt by O5 Scott's optic blasts (pre-Krakoa upgrade).

While Nur was exposed to much stronger blasts and always laughed them off.

The same Cyclops that would go on to punch down Gladiator... Sounds right to me.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 24th, 2019 01:54 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Different fight, different universe stick out tongue

And it was post-Krakoa Cyke who staggered Glads with his almighty double fist punch.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2019 02:01 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote