KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect KMC Comic Tournaments

Respect KMC Comic Tournaments
Started by: Digi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
http://img504.imageshack.us/f/img50...lairwindsh5.jpg

That sh*t is high level. I had forgotten about these amazing drawings, Ambient.

Well then! I learned something new today.

Anyway, cool, and thanks to the few of you contributing stuff. I may not update it terribly soon, but it'll be added to my list.

PG, what the hell is that Poccy stuff supposed to be? I lol'd, then no expression 'd.

Thanks, i actually made a few short comics depicting that tourney matches but i can't seem to find them.. shoot that would have been cool..

My Artwork

Old Post May 27th, 2010 02:31 AM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Ambient
Thanks, i actually made a few short comics depicting that tourney matches but i can't seem to find them.. shoot that would have been cool..

eek!

Yes, yes it would have.

Old Post May 27th, 2010 04:06 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by Ambient

Try harder, dammit, we need those.

Old Post May 27th, 2010 04:19 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

(please log in to view the image)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

From Delph's mixed genre tourney - B*tch of Fire.

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post May 27th, 2010 07:14 AM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stall_19
Herald of Galactus

Good God, I don't know how you guys do this. I thought I knew a lot about the comics after reading basically all the Avenger, Spider-Man, Daredevil and Fantastic Four comics but damn! I have no clue about these DC characters so I wouldn't have a clue as to what is going on. I also wouldn't have these scans on hand to support each argument. I'm not quite sure how everything works here yet but it would take more comic knowledge than I have to compete in these things. Much respect to all.

Old Post May 27th, 2010 11:01 AM
Stall_19 is currently offline Click here to Send Stall_19 a Private Message Find more posts by Stall_19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Stall_19
Good God, I don't know how you guys do this. I thought I knew a lot about the comics after reading basically all the Avenger, Spider-Man, Daredevil and Fantastic Four comics but damn! I have no clue about these DC characters so I wouldn't have a clue as to what is going on. I also wouldn't have these scans on hand to support each argument. I'm not quite sure how everything works here yet but it would take more comic knowledge than I have to compete in these things. Much respect to all.

Heh. It takes time. No one was a pro on day 1. But that's part of the reason this thread is here, so people can browse through them and see what tourneys are like, either to learn or just for fun The respect forum is also a huge help with scans. It didn't used to be as big, so scans were harder to come by, but now it's entirely possible to go through a tourney without ever uploading a scan yourself. I wouldn't recommend that, but it certainly takes some of the burden off of doing it all on your own.

Old Post May 27th, 2010 04:10 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
(please log in to view the image)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

From Delph's mixed genre tourney - B*tch of Fire.
that room is a fire hazard lol

Old Post May 27th, 2010 07:30 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Stall_19
Good God, I don't know how you guys do this.

umm, because we're no-life nerds.....? confused

Old Post May 29th, 2010 03:28 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

R.I.P. this thread

Old Post Jun 8th, 2010 02:05 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by psycho gundam
R.I.P. this thread

confused

What, because there hasn't been a post for a few days? There's always downtime between tourneys.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2010 04:10 PM
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

I don't get how battlezone works...

Old Post Jun 25th, 2010 06:18 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Black bolt z
I don't get how battlezone works...
Battlezone Guidelines

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jun 27th, 2010 07:29 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Some of this epic stuff should probably be put on the new wiki shifty

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Sep 26th, 2010 03:35 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dude....memories. I hated debating Scoob. The guy was too damn charming and funny. It was litterally impossible not to take his side. And leo is too damn intelligent. He's a teacher....unfair. Is it me or do tourneys tear everyone's nerves up? I hated to read responses. Still, awesome thread digi. No Shocktopus pic?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 9th, 2011 09:21 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by long pig
Dude....memories. I hated debating Scoob. The guy was too damn charming and funny. It was litterally impossible not to take his side. And leo is too damn intelligent. He's a teacher....unfair. Is it me or do tourneys tear everyone's nerves up? I hated to read responses. Still, awesome thread digi. No Shocktopus pic?

I swear I had a Shocktopus pic in the tourney you entered with him. I'll double check.

I used to get snippy and angry in tourneys. I mellowed immensely during the course of my involvement.

Scoob was horrible to face, I agree. I think I beat him once in a round robin (he was teamed with leo, actually...one of my prouder moments), only to lose to them in the playoffs of that same tourney. Fortunately I was either hosting, judging, or teamed up with him in most of his other tourneys. We didn't face a ton. Blair and I butted heads far more often. I don't have a winning record against him (I'd actually love to know my overall record in tourneys), but it was satisfying to have to go through him for my only win.

Last edited by Digi on May 10th, 2011 at 02:10 AM

Old Post May 10th, 2011 01:55 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I never got snippy.......I got enraged. laughing out loud No more entering tourneys for me. I'll watch, though.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 10th, 2011 04:18 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Yeah, gotta agree with LP on not always enjoying reading responses ... partly because you had to continuously debate (argue) against the same things you had already countered in your opener or in previous replies (or at least thought you had countered)

Also, I almost always used an hour or more per reply due to reading, re-reading, thinking, researching, uploading scans and then putting it all into text ... then re-reading my own text for errors or repitition, having a final look over in case I missed anything ... and then realising I had gone over the character limit and having to edit out a couple hundred words while keeping the content intact.

All the while making sure it never sounded patronising or antagonistic .. not that everyone else subscribed to this philosophy stick out tongue

Still fun though (honestly)

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on May 23rd, 2011 at 04:43 AM

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 04:41 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Scoobless
All the while making sure it never sounded patronising or antagonistic .. not that everyone else subscribed to this philosophy stick out tongue

who'd ever do that.....? big grin

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 01:50 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

There IS a Shocktopus pic, btw. Just find the right tourney...it's in the links section of it.

And that giant RR tourney probably artifically inflates my all-time record. Losing in the semis in most tourneys means going maybe 2-1. In that tourney, it meant something like 7-2. I'm going to try to piece it together though so that I have my record.

If any other vets want to add up their all-time records (scout's honor here kids, nothing to gain by embellishing), I'll post them somewhere on page 1.

Last edited by Digi on May 24th, 2011 at 04:36 AM

Old Post May 24th, 2011 03:56 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

My all-time record, nearest I can tell, is 19-9. The only one that's a bit iffy was the loser bracket FFA I won in an old Evangel tourney. I counted it because it got me back into the tourney (only to lose to Khell).

Also, I counted the tourney that didn't finish but was sitting in semi-final limbo (my team went 3-2 there). It's listed in the thread, and lasted a while, so it's there.

Delph's giant RR tourney helped. 7-2 from that one. Still 12-7 without it, but it was a nice stat-padder.

4 of my 9 losses are to Blair or a team with him on it. At least I made it count after my lone victory against him.

More stats forthcoming, I'm sure. I'm a sucker for this stuff.

Last edited by Digi on May 26th, 2011 at 04:42 AM

Old Post May 26th, 2011 04:19 AM