KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Super Smash Bros. Wii U

Super Smash Bros. Wii U
Started by: Bro SMASH

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 27 28 [29] 30 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I'm gonna buy and download Cloud absolutely but doesn't mean I'm not confused still. There has been no explanation other than "Sakurai magic" for his inclusion. Next thing you know that magic will be giving the Smash community Master Chief from Halo. Makes as much sense.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 09:00 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Why would you guys be confused about Cloud's inclusion?

He is one of the most popular video games of all time. A fan requested character since the very first game. And most likely in the top echelon of write-in characters for the recent Smash Brothers Fan Poll of character wishlist....

I can understand shock, sure. But confusion? Outright befuddlement?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 01:17 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Personally, I'd prefer 3rd parties that have had more a history with Nintendo like Simon Belmont, but I get what they were going for there. At least the possibility of Snake returning doesn't seem as outlandish now.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 06:22 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

The only Belmont that we'll ever get in Smash is Pachinko Belmont.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Quincy
Who would you have wanted from Dragon Quest? I'm partial to the Hero from 8. Or Terry

The Hero from 8 is a good choice, considering the game is currently on sale for 3DS.

It'd be fun if they featured different heroes as palette swaps.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 07:18 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Holy f**k...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Bayonetta actually made it...

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 10:38 PM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I'll get her at some point, but don't really care for the other newcomer.

Given what we got now, it is kinda funny how Snake had to be toned down in moveset because of some "no guns" rule Smash apparently had at the time.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Dec 15th, 2015 at 10:46 PM

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 10:40 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

A lot have told me there was no possible chance for Bayonetta to get in and I should be realistic because she's "too sexy".

WELL WHO HAS THE LAST LAUGH NOW SUCKERS!?

HAHAHAHA!!!

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 10:53 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

I'm so flaccid right now.

Ah well. I don't have to buy her. Corrim and Cloud look kinda neat though.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 10:59 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

Yeesh, the Fire Emblem hard-on Sakurai seems to have is a bit extreme. I mean it's got more reps than Zelda now and that's one of Nintendo's top selling franchises.

I'm also disappointed that they brought back vets that weren't in the initial roster and Wolf wasn't one of them. Especially considering he was the most unique out of all the "clones". He could have been used to promote Star Fox Zero.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 11:25 PM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AuraAngel
I'm so flaccid right now.

(Said ironically about Bayonetta. Lol.)

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 12:57 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Indeed. Never saw the appeal.

Cloud is out and except for maybe Pac-Man he's the most fun character for me. Love Roy, Marth, and even little Pit but Cloud is soooooooooooooo fun.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 01:51 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Bayo has a very fitting fighting style for Smash actually, quite creative when you consider how forced most movesets come to their respective players.

And cosigned for Fire Emblem being overepresented, the series has been at risk of cancellation so many times it isn't even funny. At least Lucina is only a clone so she didn't steal precious developping time.

I'm just glad they are no longer spamming Pokemon amiibo and that King K. Rool is never getting into the game.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 05:39 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

I totally get people being upset that another fire emblem character joined the game.

I however, am super excited.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 01:02 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

I won't say that I'm upset about Corrin; just disappointed. He's at least a sizable step (or two) above Lucina, though.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 04:45 PM
KCJ506

You know if the Japanese audience not being happy about Corrin and Bayonetta is true, now I'm pretty curious as to whom they wanted for the ballot. If the US has its 90's characters, Shantae, Shovel Knight, and impossible characters, and Europe has Bayonetta, who did Japan want?

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 05:00 PM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

In a way it's a bit of a throwback to Melee, putting Corrin in there for Western Audiences

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 05:19 PM
Quincy
Debaser

Besides, who better to exemplify the Nintendo Legacy than Corrin? At least he's made an impact. Who would you prefer? That Ridley Dragon thing from Metroids?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 05:43 PM
ares834

Yes.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 06:36 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

No one even knows what Ridler even is from or does

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 07:10 PM
Quincy
Debaser

Never mind I'm done with this joke, my heart's just not in it

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 07:11 PM