KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » "The Thor Corp"-Revamped Thor Discussion Thread

"The Thor Corp"-Revamped Thor Discussion Thread
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rage.Of.Olympus

(please log in to view the image)

Well, this will be....interesting. I was extremely curious how they were going to fit her into the Marvel Universe after her new origin could easily be a different interpretation of Asgard:
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

I guess when in doubt about introducing a divine based character, tie them into Asgard. erm

Aaron and Al Wing have been GREAT at their respective Thor books so I REALLY hope this story is good and her introduction is handled well without shitting on continuity or anyone.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2014 11:34 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

quote:
Plus, it's nice writing a character who can kick Thor's head in any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=52410

Well, that certainly has me looking forward to this mini-series. erm

Man, I was hoping Aaron was going to be the primary writer on this, not Al Wing. sad

Let me guess: New character introduced, beats up everyone in a misunderstanding proving how cool and awesome they are! Then they come together to confront Odin.

I HOPE this mini isn't that predictable and is actually a decent read.

Also, this is going to cause delays in AoA and more importantly, God of Thunder. I don't really care if they want to shoe-horn Angela into Thor's cosmology (I half-expected it tbh), but delaying my favorite comic books? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Apr 27th, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Old Post Apr 27th, 2014 10:32 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Shoehorning Angela into Asgardian is great. Hope they at least give her an Asgardianish name out of thatt.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 29th, 2014 03:35 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dampyre
In his weakened state King Thor could have finished Galactus off with his own power. The sword was used up in the final assaults against Galactus. It's pretty clear to me. How was Thor going to finish Galactus off with the sword when it was no more? Use your head, man.

We pretty much agree. I never said that the Annihiblade did not burn out. I'm just pointing out that Thor spared Big G.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 11:33 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Who said the Necro-Sword burned out?

Thor blasted Galactus once after their collision and literally just floated there talking as Galactus was tentacle raped.

And he did all of this rather easily.

Then it bleed out of him like it did Modern Thor in the first arc. I don't know why the process would destroy the blade this time and it didn't as it's know doing something with Galactus at the end there.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Jul 3rd, 2014 at 12:36 AM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2014 12:31 AM
Dampyre

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
We pretty much agree. I never said that the Annihiblade did not burn out. I'm just pointing out that Thor spared Big G.

Fair enough.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2014 02:04 PM
Dampyre is currently offline Click here to Send Dampyre a Private Message Find more posts by Dampyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dampyre

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Who said the Necro-Sword burned out?

Thor blasted Galactus once after their collision and literally just floated there talking as Galactus was tentacle raped.

And he did all of this rather easily.

Then it bleed out of him like it did Modern Thor in the first arc. I don't know why the process would destroy the blade this time and it didn't as it's know doing something with Galactus at the end there.

I'm just going by the dialogue, Rage, Galactus said that the sword was gone. And King Thor was surprised that he still lived after his assault. With that in mind there was nothing easy about it. It took a tremendous amount of energy to simply knock Galactus out. I guess you were wrong again about Galactus being dead. laughing out loud

Why did the process get rid of the blade? Because the writer said so, that's why. The funny thing is that all Thor accomplished was creating an even bigger menace to the universe than before. It would be funny if Galactus decided to go back to Earth and finish Thor off. He won't have a weapon to save him this time. Oh, Hungry Galactus>King Thor and his three granddaughters. laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2014 02:18 PM
Dampyre is currently offline Click here to Send Dampyre a Private Message Find more posts by Dampyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

I'm just going by the dialogue, Rage, Galactus said that the sword was gone. And King Thor was surprised that he still lived after his assault. With that in mind there was nothing easy about it. It took a tremendous amount of energy to simply knock Galactus out. I guess you were wrong again about Galactus being dead. laughing out loud

Galactus never said it was burned out. As a matter of fact, the brutality and ease of the beating should indicate just how beyond Galactus Necro-Thor was.

And he was wrong about it being destroyed as well apparently based on that last scene. I'm glad it was as it would have been a lazy way to dispose of the thing. As we saw from Modern Thor, being purged of the All-Black doesn't actually destroy the power, the blade itself.

King Thor was surprised he was alive after being purged of the blade. It could have been in reference to Galactus but I doubt it as it was very one-sided with Thor not even being hurt, and the only sign of trouble was when he started rejecting the thing. And that same process killed Modern Thor.

I never said it took little amounts of power to take out Galactus. You seem to think I'm implying he was weak or something. But as far as Necro-Thor was concerned, the fight was completely one-sided and it didn't take that great of an exertion from him.

He certainly looked dead to me but I was wrong. Not sure why that is such a source of amusement though?

Why did the process get rid of the blade? Because the writer said so, that's why. The funny thing is that all Thor accomplished was creating an even bigger menace to the universe than before. It would be funny if Galactus decided to go back to Earth and finish Thor off. He won't have a weapon to save him this time. Oh, Hungry Galactus>King Thor and his three granddaughters. laughing out loud

So now the process got rid of the blade, and didn't just randomly burn out against Galactus who Necro-Thor essentially two-pieced with ease?

Glad we've made some progress on that front.

I guess it's fortunate for you that even in this extreme situation, Thor is merciful and honorable, allowing Galactus to live. And even found him a planet to fed on like he first promised if Galactus left.

There very well might be another arc of Necro-Galactus coming after King Thor. That should be fun to see. It'd be cool to see King Thor enter the Odin Sleep, coming back stronger then ever to face this new threat. But, I'm tired of the Necro-Sword. One more arc and the thing has to be done away with.

Perhaps, but it was fairly even and King Thor actually had the advantage at the end before being blasted away after stopping the fight. Why is that funny? King Thor is hardly in his prime either and Galactus had fed before fighting the Girls of Thunder.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Jul 7th, 2014 at 11:56 PM

Old Post Jul 7th, 2014 11:53 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=53809

The Tenth Realm, Thor, Loki, Angela, Original Sins, Loki vs. Doom etc.

"Thor and Loki: The 10th Realm" concludes in early September, and that same month "Loki: Agent of Asgard" returns with issue #6, which is a "March to AXIS" tie-in that brings Loki face to face with not only Doctor Doom but Valeria Richards. How would you describe the dynamic between these three characters? What's it like playing them off of each other?

Doom and Valeria's dynamic I try to get from "Fantastic Four" as much as possible, so readers are advised to check that series out. I'd say Valeria is the one human being on Earth Doom cares about, and she's the only person on Earth who truly cares about Doom. It's very sweet, really.

As for Doom and Loki -- well Loki's put one over on Doom in the past, and sees no reason why he can't do it every time without fail. Except he's not the Loki he was, and things have changed. Meanwhile, Doom is -- extremely dangerous. He sees himself as the Overman -- he's overcome human failings to become something greater than human. I'd say it's quite Nietzschian, but Doom thinks he's a better philosopher than Nietzsche, and he's had several books of philosophy published to prove it. Anyway, Doom's spent a great deal of energy on the quest to achieve godhood -- so from his perspective, this is pretty much an evenly-matched fight. And he may be right.
"

This should fun to see. Doom is one of the few beings in the Marvel Universe who can match wits with Loki but the Trickster should always be more cunning of the two. Granted he's not the god he once was.

------------------------------------------------

"We know that the plot of "The Tenth Realm" involves the revelation that "Guardians of the Galaxy's" Angela is Odin's illegitimate daughter and hails from a secret Tenth realm of Asgard, but how does the story get rolling? What else do you want readers to know about the plot of the story?

Actually, Angela's more legitimate than Thor. (Although 'illegitimate' isn't that cool a word for a child born out of wedlock like what half the babies I know are. Those babies are too legit to quit in my opinion.)"

Just how much of Asgardian history will this shit retcon?

At least the art will be nice:

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Jul 8th, 2014 at 12:01 AM

Old Post Jul 7th, 2014 11:57 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

So how was the "original sin" story mentioned up top? Worth a read?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 8th, 2014 12:14 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Sounds like an interesting premise.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2014 02:19 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Thor The Unworthy...
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=54067

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 03:00 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

This is coming in October if I remember correctly.

Thor looks like he was banished or something along that line.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 12:46 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

They should really give this new character a different name rather then re-use the name Thor, Pretty sure its not a title like Deathlok.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 01:17 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by Kazenji
They should really give this new character a different name rather then re-use the name Thor, Pretty sure its not a title like Deathlok.

Ther Goddess of Thunder
Shor Goddess of Thunder
Thora Goddess of Thunder

or my personal favorite....

Twhore Goddess of Thunder Sex

Take your pick...

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 01:33 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Jason Aaron explains "THOR'S" NEW, FEMALE GOD OF THUNDER

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=54083

Hmmm so the original Thor will still be Thor Odinson

still going to reserve judgement, There's something going on.

Last edited by Kazenji on Jul 16th, 2014 at 01:40 PM

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 01:36 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by Kazenji
Jason Aaron explains "THOR'S" NEW, FEMALE GOD OF THUNDER

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=54083

Hmmm so the original Thor will still be Thor Odinson

still going to reserve judgement, There's something going on.
Oh fukk..

I think i know who the new Thor is..

It's gonna be Jane phukkin Foster. You can take that to to the bank!
sick

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 02:26 PM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Does anyone know what's going on on this picture?

Looks like Thor is turning into All Father Thor. Could be interesting, or it could be just a misleading cover. erm

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 02:53 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Does anyone know what's going on on this picture?

Looks like Thor is turning into All Father Thor. Could be interesting, or it could be just a misleading cover. erm

Maybe Esad's interpretation of connecting the current and future Thor...

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 08:19 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Thor apparently has a girl kid named Torunn in Avengers World

The hits just keep coming.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 08:43 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote