KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » "The Thor Corp"-Revamped Thor Discussion Thread

"The Thor Corp"-Revamped Thor Discussion Thread
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Thor apparently has a girl kid named Torunn in Avengers World

The hits just keep coming.

Yep..

Gotta add her to the list of possibles too... My money's on Jane Foster... Goddess of Thunder.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 09:11 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Thor apparently has a girl kid named Torunn in Avengers World

The hits just keep coming.

Actually that's old news. She appeared in the awful Next Avengers movie and in the reboot Avengers series (broken time story).

Last edited by -K-M- on Jul 16th, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 11:08 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Why do all of Thor's heirs have to be women? I'd like to see Magni make a 616 appearance. Or at least a version of him.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 04:03 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Igniz
I reign supreme!

Okay guys.I got my hands on the Official Index of the Marvel Universe Thor.Its got all the issues of Thor Vol 1,2,3 and some series that has doubt on continuity in Thor's history.Lots of info.For example, Thor's first known appearance was in Journey Into Mystery#83.However, OIOTMU Thor states that Thor's first true appearance was in Venus#12 1951 which is also confirmed in OHOTMU HC#12 2010.Series like Thor:Vikings is now confirmed canonical as taking place between Thor Vol 2 #41 and #42.Thor the truth of history is also confirmed canonical taking place after Thor#474 and before Thor Vol 2 #50.Thor:Ages of thunder,Reign of blood,Man of war,The trial of Thor, and Rage of Thor are non canonical since they were depicted happening in a different Ragnarok Cycle.Stories depicted in Thor Annual#10 is still considered canonical and not retconned despite what Gaea said about being the first to appear out of chaos in Chaos War#4.This is because OIOTMU Thor still mentions the Demiurge.However, it makes it clear that the first that appeared out of the void was the planet Earth.This still makes what Gaea said in Chaos War#4 still true since Gaea's name is synonymous with Earth.And the first to came out of planet earth were the elder gods.This book was printed between 3/23/2011 and 4/11/2011.The Midgard Serpent was confirmed crushing the Earth.And not "Ethereal Earth" despite some people discrediting the feat.So Thor did overpower the Midgard Serpent.The book has so much stuff, its gonna keep me busy for a while.

cool cool

I'm the CEO of NEST!
Respect Chaos King Fear The Dread Dormammu Surtur Carnivore

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 10:55 AM
Igniz is currently offline Click here to Send Igniz a Private Message Find more posts by Igniz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

You wouldn't happen To have a scan of that Earth crushing statement would you?

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Jul 28th, 2014 03:12 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Yep..

Gotta add her to the list of possibles too... My money's on Jane Foster... Goddess of Thunder.

Just found this little gem. Goddamn I might be on to something after all.... embarrasment

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 01:08 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Just found this little gem. Goddamn I might be on to something after all.... embarrasment

Lol....even Thor is wearing no pants.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 06:42 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Writer Jason Aaron has dropped hints that readers have already met the lady who will wield Mjolnir in the pages of the new "Thor"

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=54977

CBR is going with Agent Roz Solomon

don't know how its her when she hasn't got blond hair.

Last edited by Kazenji on Aug 21st, 2014 at 04:34 AM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 04:30 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Where the heck is this from? Says Savage Hulk, but I thought that a a new series..

Originally posted by ODG
I always intended to post every single fight that Thor had with the Hulk because their rivalry is legendary. Somehow, I overlooked this brief fight from the past back before the original Avengers team even disbanded.

====
Hulk
====

Thor vs Savage Hulk, from Savage Hulk #1:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2014 11:25 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Where the heck is this from? Says Savage Hulk, but I thought that a a new series..
\

It can't be from the current one because Alan Davis draws it.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 08:38 AM
krisblaze

Tenth realm is meh...now [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Odin is back :/

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 07:10 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Did they mention Odin's brother or did that get ignored?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 07:52 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Well 'God of Thunder' has officially concluded. Real shame it had to be cancelled in order to make way for some random shenanigans, as it was one of(if not THE) best Thor-related titles to have ever been published, imo.

...Though I suppose that sort of rational falls perfectly in-line with many of Marvel's decisions in recent years. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 17th, 2014 11:41 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

Think the new Thor is Sif or Valkyrie

Old Post Sep 28th, 2014 06:57 AM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by abhilegend
Other than that a young Thor takes the same axe shot from a much stronger opponent and then adult thor gets his arm chopped off?

You don't see how that reflects poorly on Thor's durability. The axe is shit against anyone other than celestials.

Except Apocalypse tossed the axe at Young Thor. Malekith took a guillotine type swing at his arm. Can you not comprehend why the latter would possibly be far more damaging then the former?

No I don't. Especially since your direct comparison is Thor himself. erm

Now you're not even making any sense.

Originally posted by abhilegend
Hell that blind Apoc twin took the axe shot better than that. Thor himself took a shot from the same axe without any damage before.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/180...17-018.jpg.html

I don't even know what you're arguing anymore. Are you saying that the axe cannot hurt him?

And all this does is reinforce my earlier point. The amount of damage the axe does to someone on Thor's level or higher directly depends on the force behind it. Which I thought should be common sense but I guess I was wrong.

If Apocalypse had taken that swing, Thor's would be hurt a lot worse. Again, it's another impressive showing for Thor's piercing damage that further destroys the notion that he's weak in that category but that's it.

Not to mention Thor is depressed and/or possibly weakened. I don't know why he's mental state would so severely affect his physical durability but Gods being creatures of narrative/belief and such to the point it could even define them physically has been a reoccurring theme in the Thor verse for the last 5 years.

Which would make sense afterall:

Not that it's equivalent or the same thing as the axe scene.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Oct 2nd, 2014 at 04:48 PM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2014 04:36 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Except Apocalypse tossed the axe at Young Thor. Malekith took a guillotine type swing at his arm. Can you not comprehend why the latter would possibly be far more damaging then the former?
Well, because Apocalypse was shown far above Thor in strength while Malekith is what, class 30? And Thor took a guillotine type swing at Apoc, it cut the celestial armor and bloodied him. By your reason, Apoc should've been without an arm

quote:
No I don't. Especially since your direct comparison is Thor himself. erm

Now you're not even making any sense.
Only you can not understand such a simple example.

quote:
I don't even know what you're arguing anymore. Are you saying that the axe cannot hurt him?
That its shit in piercing power.

quote:
And all this does is reinforce my earlier point. The amount of damage the axe does to someone on Thor's level or higher directly depends on the force behind it. Which I thought should be common sense but I guess I was wrong.
You are in shock. Happens.

quote:
If Apocalypse had taken that swing, Thor's would be hurt a lot worse. Again, it's another impressive showing for Thor's piercing damage that further destroys the notion that he's weak in that category but that's it.
Only you can take a scene where Thor gets his arm chopped off and twist it into Thor having a great piercing durability. Get real. Do you see Superman or Hulk get their arms chopped off by a regular axe wielded by a class 30?

quote:
Not to mention Thor is depressed and/or possibly weakened. I don't know why he's mental state would so severely affect his physical durability but Gods being creatures of narrative/belief and such to the point it could even define them physically has been a reoccurring theme in the Thor verse for the last 5 years.
HAHAHAHA. Pure comedy at this point.

quote:
A random sword failed to cut Thor? This shit looks worse with each moment. Why Aaron, why?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2014 04:53 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Jarnborn has been established as a top tier magical weapon, I think it's misleading to get a whole measure of its power by just looking at how much gore it causes.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2014 05:40 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

I hope they say Malekith magically enhanced the axe with some Eye of Agamotto power level magical object. Its the only way Thor will get his honour back. Jesus, the big boys are looking like crap in their own books while the streetlevellers rule in every book. Great job Marvel

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2014 05:42 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

I forgot how amusing Thorbags can be, in justifying the pit of shit they're swimming in.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2014 05:44 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkOdin

spoiler/ rant warning

Odin is way out of character

Thor is now depressed/ depowered

Loses his hand but not his whoel arm like all-father Thor so i am guesing he gets it back at some point.

judging how the comic is going the all-mother is now the god of thunder.

And so how through all this the serpant is free but no one cares

I thought this series had a good chance to see Thor with mjolnir kick

some butt, however the rest of the series goes it is either going to take

the enitre run to get back on track or some how get even worse

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2014 08:04 PM
DarkOdin is currently offline Click here to Send DarkOdin a Private Message Find more posts by DarkOdin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote