KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones
Started by: Bardock42

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (142): « First ... « 131 132 [133] 134 135 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
Game of Thrones. That's a good show. We should talk about it.

laughing out loud

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 02:48 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

HBO just confirmed, No Arya spin off

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 03:01 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Well like AG pointed out, it's complaints that could be applied to previous seasons.

Name some of them and I will gladly explain to you why they don't apply to "good" seasons, aren't actually a point against this season's favor (because some of the complaints like Jon not being king are just stupid), point out different contexts which justifies the usage in early seasons, or concede that yes, that was a problem in season 1-4 but the show itself was still much better then.

quote:
No one cried about it then. It's just because it's the end and the writing in the end didn't benefit some of the big characters. Who cares? That's GoT. It's
not about the favorite characters living happilly ever after.

lol?

Bran is phucking KING. Jon somehow not only survives after killing Daenerys, but gets to do exactly what he wanted to do as per his talk with Tormund in episode 4: go north with Tormund. Sansa is queen in the motherphucking north. Fan favorites like Bronn are now, completely contrary to all reason, on the small council. Tyrion also survives and is Hand to the King once more. Sam is also Grand Maester purely due to what I can only assume is nepotism.

It is honestly bizarre that this is the only reason you think people could believe this season and indeed by and large this show blew cock. Most people don't hate Daenerys' descent into being a Mad Queen and then dying because they love her and wanted a more optimistic end for her, hell, a lot of people, particularly people online who complain a lot, hate her. It's because her development was rushed far too quickly and suddenly, mostly by virtue of making people in this season treat her like total garbage for no reason. This season started off acting like there were loads of legitimate reasons for people to think she's going to be a tyrant, when the only character who honestly had some understandable beef with her was Sam (Most other people would see the execution of the defiant Tarlys as justice since they betrayed their liege lord in a blatant power grab|).

quote:
We're used to it. But they delivered some visually stunning and compelling drama to finish it off. I don't get the complaints. People just like to b!tch about shows. I've never seen The Sopranos, but I remember everyone complaining about the ending of that, too.

I have seen the Sopranos, in its entirety, and it is not only a considerably better show than Game of Thrones as a whole, but the final season is not nearly as bad and even the ending proper which is a smash cut to black is not that bad.

quote:
It's not like Lost that just negated everything that ever happened and made it completely meaningless. That is an awful end to a series.

And so is this. thumb up

Albeit it was a hilarious end. Like my buddy Blax said, watching that phucking episode was like a fever dream.

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 04:02 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NemeBro
Name some of them and I will gladly explain to you why they don't apply to "good" seasons, aren't actually a point against this season's favor (because some of the complaints like Jon not being king are just stupid), point out different contexts which justifies the usage in early seasons, or concede that yes, that was a problem in season 1-4 but the show itself was still much better then.

lol?

Bran is phucking KING. Jon somehow not only survives after killing Daenerys, but gets to do exactly what he wanted to do as per his talk with Tormund in episode 4: go north with Tormund. Sansa is queen in the motherphucking north. Fan favorites like Bronn are now, completely contrary to all reason, on the small council. Tyrion also survives and is Hand to the King once more. Sam is also Grand Maester purely due to what I can only assume is nepotism.

It is honestly bizarre that this is the only reason you think people could believe this season and indeed by and large this show blew cock. Most people don't hate Daenerys' descent into being a Mad Queen and then dying because they love her and wanted a more optimistic end for her, hell, a lot of people, particularly people online who complain a lot, hate her. It's because her development was rushed far too quickly and suddenly, mostly by virtue of making people in this season treat her like total garbage for no reason. This season started off acting like there were loads of legitimate reasons for people to think she's going to be a tyrant, when the only character who honestly had some understandable beef with her was Sam (Most other people would see the execution of the defiant Tarlys as justice since they betrayed their liege lord in a blatant power grab|).

I have seen the Sopranos, in its entirety, and it is not only a considerably better show than Game of Thrones as a whole, but the final season is not nearly as bad and even the ending proper which is a smash cut to black is not that bad.

And so is this. thumb up

Albeit it was a hilarious end. Like my buddy Blax said, watching that phucking episode was like a fever dream.

Agreed entirely.

You won't get this reference, but the character development was as nonsensical as an anime called Kill la Kill.

Except, not in a good way.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 04:12 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by KingD19
Dany going crazy wasnt too far fetched though. She'd experienced so much bad shit in her life that there had to be a breaking point. And like Tyrion said she let her power get to her head. Most importantly her dad already did the same thing in similar circumstances. He was seeing enemies when there were none. Like how Dany declared war on the entire world.

Jon got it far worse.

The **** are you talking about! You have no idea what your talking about.

It took Aerys 20 years to become mad, 20 years after he was captured and tortured for weeks before being rescued by Barristan the bold. It wasn’t just 180 in the span of days.

Name me one evil thing Daenerys did because episode 5? People like to write bullshit excuses for idiotic writings, yet completely miss this fact.

-Tywin murdered a whole clan, while them out
-The Stark wipe out the Greystarks
-tyrion burned Stannis men
-Jon killed Janos for disobeying him
-Jon hung a little boy
-Robert smile when Elia was raped, and her children murdered
-Aegon burned Harrenhal and everyone inside
-Aegon and Visenya burned Dorne when’s Rhanneys die
-Arya killed all the Frey’s and even cooked the boys, then feed them to Walder

None of these people were called mad, but Daenerys is? The duck out of here. Useless and stupid writing does not change those facts.

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 05:35 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

There was literally no point in Jon being a Targ.

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 05:59 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by SquallX
The **** are you talking about! You have no idea what your talking about.

It took Aerys 20 years to become mad, 20 years after he was captured and tortured for weeks before being rescued by Barristan the bold. It wasn’t just 180 in the span of days.

Name me one evil thing Daenerys did because episode 5? People like to write bullshit excuses for idiotic writings, yet completely miss this fact.

-Tywin murdered a whole clan, while them out
-The Stark wipe out the Greystarks
-tyrion burned Stannis men
-Jon killed Janos for disobeying him
-Jon hung a little boy
-Robert smile when Elia was raped, and her children murdered
-Aegon burned Harrenhal and everyone inside
-Aegon and Visenya burned Dorne when’s Rhanneys die
-Arya killed all the Frey’s and even cooked the boys, then feed them to Walder

None of these people were called mad, but Daenerys is? The duck out of here. Useless and stupid writing does not change those facts.
I mean, Dany wasn't called mad either until she literally exterminated an entire city full of people. People just acknowledged that the potential for madness was there.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 06:06 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Tzeentch
I mean, Dany wasn't called mad either until she literally exterminated an entire city full of people. People just acknowledged that the potential for madness was there.

No, there wasn’t. It was just idiotic storytelling.

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 06:33 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Greyworm got respect so the rest doesn't matter.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 08:33 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
"Previous seasons" =/= Season 01.

The person you're referring to literally referred to seasons 1 and 2 lol. Unless, hold on, were you referring to someone other than this:

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Just a bunch of crybabies whining because their favourite show came to an end and not in a way they would’ve wanted. Sure, it had problems, but they could find those same kind of problems in S1, S2, etc.(the ostensibly good seasons) if they looked for them with the same fervorous butthurt they’re doing with S8.

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 11:36 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

https://m.worldstarhiphop.com/andro...VS3BEP1ku14IPD9 - Aaron Rodgers putting in his 2 cents and making a lot of sense.

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 02:01 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Iyo but you are not a smart man so who cares.

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 02:26 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by quanchi112
Iyo but you are not a smart man so who cares.

Never called myself smart. But I do have common sense and basic understanding of good characterizations.

Then I shouldn’t be surprise, your favorite character answer to the Universe was to wipe out all of the population. The idiot magically forgets, the same problem would once more arise in the near future.

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 03:32 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Inhuman
There was literally no point in Jon being a Targ.

False. Jon got to ride a dragon once due to his Targ-ness.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 04:17 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

The signs of Dany's madness were there since S1.

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 04:36 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Robtard
False. Jon got to ride a dragon once due to his Targ-ness.

And he didnt get murdered by the Drogon due to it.

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 05:46 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Fans have been expressing worry over some of the shit she's done since season 2.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 07:07 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
The signs of Dany's madness were there since S1.

Write them down, and I’ll prove everyone of them wrong.

I hate when people say stupid shits like this.

I guess Jon’s madness was also present in season one when he threaten a recruit by having Ghost eat him if they ever mess with Sam again?

Sam with Jamie causally tossing a little boy of a tower.

Or Sansa choosing being a Queen over her dire wolf and family.

Or Tywin sacking of Kings landing and allowing the rape of Elia and the murders of Aegon and Rhaennys.

Or Robert enjoying their death and calling them dragonspawn

Or The Stark wiping out the Greystark from the annals of Westeros

Or Tywin wiping out the Castamere

Yeah clearly, Daenerys was truly mad since season 1.

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 07:10 PM
SquallX

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Fans have been expressing worry over some of the shit she's done since season 2.

No they haven’t. It’s just people being retards and using season 8 as a way to explain the awfulness and assassination of her character in just one episode.

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 07:12 PM
ares834

What the **** are you on? People have been calling this shit for years now. There were some issues with how the handled it, particularity with characters (specifically Tyrion and Varys) suddenly worrying about Dany going mad and turning on her. But people have been speculating about it for years.

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 08:04 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote