KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Started by: Firefly218

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (210): « First ... « 50 51 [52] 53 54 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Psychotron
It's trash and it shit all over the OT and fans of the OT.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Luke dies in the most retarded way possible. Leia dies but not before flying through space like ****ing Superman with the Force. Snoke is betrayed and killed by Kylo. Luke doesn't give a shit about Rey. Yoda's ghost has to force him to help Rey by lecturing him and burning down the tree with lightning. Yes, Force Ghosts can affect the physical world now and ghost!Yoda can do Force lightning. Rey's parents were nobodies. Snoke's backstory is never explained. Rey continues to be a Mary Sue. Kylo is now the main villain despite being a ***** Vader wannabe in TFA. Quips ****ing everywhere. Even the old depressed Luke and Yoda quip at each other.

It's a total shit show. Read at your own risk.
This is what I was worried about. I heard a lot of rumors they were going to do stuff like that....I might still see it but certainly not more than once.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 11:54 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
This is what I was worried about. I heard a lot of rumors they were going to do stuff like that....I might still see it but certainly not more than once.

Yes, it's extremely disappointing. I had high hopes that the stuff JJ set up in TFA would have a good payoff, but Ryan Johnson just when "lol **** that, we want the GoT audience". Nothing gets explaiend, except Kylo's backstory, which feels kind of overdone at this point, ironically.

What gets me is how illogical it is, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: now we have Kylo as the main villain, when he got his ass kicked by an untrained Rey in TFA. How am I supposed to feel any tension anymore? Rey is too OP for him, even Yoda basically says there's nothing Luke can teach her. Even worse is how depressing the endings for the OT cast are. Han and Leia's marriage disintegrated, and they're horrible parents too boot, they ship off Ben to his uncle when they sense his growing darkness instead of trying to help him. Han is killed by his son, Leia gets blown up (though she actually survives, but since Carrie's dead she won't be in IX), and Luke is a failure, a coward, and a blatant sociopath, who tried killing his own nephew in his sleep (reason why Kylo is evil).

This is a middle finger by Disney. It's clear they don't want the old fans. They're after a new audience.

Last edited by Psychotron on Dec 13th, 2017 at 12:23 PM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 12:19 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Flyattractor
What does it feel like to be "Dead Inside"?

I feel dead inside, but at least I have all that corporate shill mullah!! $$$

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 12:40 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

It's trash and it shit all over the OT and fans of the OT.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Luke dies in the most retarded way possible. Leia dies but not before flying through space like ****ing Superman with the Force. Snoke is betrayed and killed by Kylo. Luke doesn't give a shit about Rey. Yoda's ghost has to force him to help Rey by lecturing him and burning down the tree with lightning. Yes, Force Ghosts can affect the physical world now and ghost!Yoda can do Force lightning. Rey's parents were nobodies. Snoke's backstory is never explained. Rey continues to be a Mary Sue. Kylo is now the main villain despite being a ***** Vader wannabe in TFA. Quips ****ing everywhere. Even the old depressed Luke and Yoda quip at each other.

It's a total shit show. Read at your own risk.

Hey, can you blame [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Mark Hamill for wanting out? laughing out loud The way they killed off Han Solo was fucking retarded, too.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 02:24 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Hey, can you blame [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Mark Hamill for wanting out? laughing out loud The way they killed off Han Solo was fucking retarded, too.

Yeah, I'd say Mark was pretty restrained in the interviews lol. Luke [SPOILER - highlight to read]: dies even worse though. His Force batteries just kinda run out and he disappears like Obi-Wan .

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 02:28 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, I'd say Mark was pretty restrained in the interviews lol. Luke [SPOILER - highlight to read]: dies even worse though. His Force batteries just kinda run out and he disappears like Obi-Wan .

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Force batteries? Seriously? Wtf? Classic Star Wars fans will love that, though. Because nostalgia.

See this is one of the reasons Star Wars gets on my nerves. It's fantasy parading as science fiction. Which could be fine, but it's not even really very good fantasy. It's just very simplistic good vs evil. The characters are very one-dimensional.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 02:42 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by quanchi112
Snoke is greater than Palpatine. When the trilogy is over you'll owe me an apology.

That third movie.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 03:28 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

93% on RT these movies are ****ing juggernauts
I'll end up seeing this twice

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 04:33 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by carthage
93% on RT these movies are ****ing juggernauts
I'll end up seeing this twice

Lol. Believing bought reviews. RT and IMDB have been jokes for years.

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Force batteries? Seriously? Wtf? Classic Star Wars fans will love that, though. Because nostalgia.

See this is one of the reasons Star Wars gets on my nerves. It's fantasy parading as science fiction. Which could be fine, but it's not even really very good fantasy. It's just very simplistic good vs evil. The characters are very one-dimensional.

Basically he [SPOILER - highlight to read]: projects himself from the island to Kylo and they battle, but Luke exhausts himself and dies. I guess he takes after his mum, who also just gave up and died. His last words are something like "See you around, kid." It's awful.

Star Wars was always called science-fantasy though.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 04:58 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

two more days... two more days...

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 06:04 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 07:48 PM
The_Tempest is currently offline Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Arguably the most surprising scene in the movie.

Spoilers beware.

So tempted. But no. Thanks for the warning.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 07:52 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by Robtard
So tempted. But no. Thanks for the warning.

I can't wait for your thoughts in particular about this scene.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 07:58 PM
The_Tempest is currently offline Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Arguably the most surprising scene in the movie.

Spoilers beware.

Such a waste, just like everything else in this movie.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 08:01 PM
The_Tempest

Such a waste, just like everything else in this movie.

Haven't seen the movie yet, so I'll refrain from judgment. But I'll say this... at least that scene dared to be different from the standard formula.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 08:03 PM
Flyattractor

I got a friend that is all hard core to go see this movie. I need some good excuses to get out of going to see it. Anybody got any ideas?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 08:15 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Haven't seen the movie yet, so I'll refrain from judgment. But I'll say this... at least that scene dared to be different from the standard formula.

There's being different and there's being stupid. They just threw away everything that was set up in TFA for a shocking plot twist.

Originally posted by Flyattractor
I got a friend that is all hard core to go see this movie. I need some good excuses to get out of going to see it. Anybody got any ideas?

Tell him it's basically Character Assassination: The Movie.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 08:22 PM
ares834

So this isn't a shameless remake of ESB?

Good.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 08:25 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Won't work. This guy thinks the Hunger Games Movies were Really Good!

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 08:27 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

There's being different and there's being stupid. They just threw away everything that was set up in TFA for a shocking plot twist.

The plot of TFA sucked, though.
If this movie sucks, I'll definitely let you know.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 08:28 PM