KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » X-Men: Dark Phoenix

X-Men: Dark Phoenix
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Even if Fox allowed Marvel to use Wolverine, chances are Marvel would want to use their own version, and not Fox's version.

Remember when Sony let Marvel use Spidey, Andrew Garfield got the sack.
First of all very few people care about Garfield's version of spidey as compared to the millions of people who grew up with Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine. Secondly, Garfield's spidey was in a very established universe that's not totally compatible with MCU so marvel HAD to reboot the character whereas Jackman's Wolverine is in a Foxverse where continuity doesn't really matter so no need to reboot. Thirdly, Marvel rebooted spidey because they have a different vision (younger kid) and want to use him long term and properly incorporate him into the MCU, which is why they rebooted. Jackmans's wolverine, on the other hand, doesn't need to be properly incorporated into the MCU it can be just a one-shot or a small role.

Also Fox would never give Marvel wholesale permission to use the Wolverine character so they can reboot him, never. What Fox might be willing to do is give Marvel Hugh Jackman's iteration of Wolverine, because Fox is done with the actor.

So Marvel gets Hugh Jackman and Fox gets to reboot Wolverine with a new actor in their own time. Sounds like a smooth transition to me.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2017 12:45 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Dude I was just giving an example with Garfield. I wasn't saying it's exactly the same.

Still I just don't see Marvel wanting to use Fox's version of Wolverine. For all the people who grew up with him, none of the Wolverine films (save perhaps his send off film) were as popular as the Marvel proper films.

As for continuity, no matter how much Fox doesn't care about that, there's just no way audiences won't disassociate a Jackman Wolverine from the Fox X-Men movies.

Also if Marvel are going to go for any character Fox has, it's Galactus and Silver Surfer.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 01:25 AM

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2017 01:20 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Jackman has gone on the record saying that only thing that would really interest him in taking on the Wolverine role again would be an MCU film. Would be awesome, but I can't really see it happening. None the less, if you told me 3 years ago that Sony and Marvel would work out a deal for Spidey I would have never believed it.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2017 02:57 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I'm down with more Singer. Loved Apocalypse.

Old Post May 15th, 2017 08:13 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ God no.

Old Post May 15th, 2017 10:05 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Liked it but didn't love it, but meh. Even The Gifted show Singer's involved in doesn't look that impressive to me from the trailers, and after how Legion didn't really do it for me despite watching the whole season...

To top that off, still think they're going back to Phoenix too fast, as friends of mine felt when I shared that info.

Old Post May 15th, 2017 03:44 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Fassbender set to return as Magneto in Dark Phoenix

http://www.cbr.com/fassbender-xmen-...x-new-mutants/i

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 16th, 2017 12:35 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Magneto can do little or nothing to the likes of Phoenix, but besides that, still need more to be convinced we'll have a better adaptation again.

Old Post May 16th, 2017 02:05 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by carthage
Fassbender set to return as Magneto in Dark Phoenix

http://www.cbr.com/fassbender-xmen-...x-new-mutants/i

Link "Not Found"

Old Post May 16th, 2017 02:15 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 16th, 2017 02:21 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

No surprise there from CBR, That bullshit happens alot from them.

Old Post May 16th, 2017 02:21 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

http://www.cbr.com/x-men-dark-phoenix-shiar-empire/

Shiar empire rumored to have a role in the film

Can a mod also retitle the thread to Xmen-Dark Phoenix??

Old Post Jun 7th, 2017 10:52 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The Shiar? Now I'm somewhat more interested since they helped make the Phoenix story good. Still of the belief too that movie Apocalypse had used Shiar technology since Fox doesn't have rights to the Celestials; they're in the MCU.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2017 11:42 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Old Post Jun 14th, 2017 07:34 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And they're making Lilandra the villain for the movie's story when she wasn't.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 02:46 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, wtf. Further proof they don't understand or are blatantly ignoring the source material... Dammit.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 02:53 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 08:43 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Magneto rumored to form the cult of Acolytes/his space sanctuary Avalon

Genosha also rumored to be in the film

http://screenrant.com/x-men-dark-phoenix-magneto-story/

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 09:20 PM
rox

Originally posted by playa1258
Xavier would mindrape them. Look what SW was able to do.

especially the logan version. just have one of his seizure and there all dead unles wolvie or laura is around.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2017 11:10 PM
rox is currently offline Click here to Send rox a Private Message Find more posts by rox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Old Post Aug 29th, 2017 07:16 PM