KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Trump recognizes Jerusalem as capital of Israel

Trump recognizes Jerusalem as capital of Israel
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
And how do you expect them to co-exist though? They hate each other. They murder each other. I hear tales of Jewish kids being murdered, and then of the retaliation against the other side.

It really sucks, doesn't it?

There's no way around it other than just to forgive and forget and try to coexist. Many are doing it and trying it. Really trying hard. But, obviously, the wounds keep reopening over and over again.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 09:39 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

And how do you expect them to co-exist though? They hate each other. They murder each other. I hear tales of Jewish kids being murdered, and then of the retaliation against the other side.
They already co-exist to a degree. Muslims make up over 35% of Jerusalem's population. There's an entire Muslim Quarter inside of Jerusalem. The Islamic call to prayer rings out across Jerusalem every morning and evening.

Jerusalem is a perfect example of co-existence, it is located on the border of the Palestinian West Bank and Israel.

The only thing prolonging this conflict is Israel's corrupt government trying to curie international favors and Hamas's influence in the Gaza Strip

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 09:43 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

I never said Trump can't be criticized. My point is Trump has a point. This has done nothing, we haven't achieved peace.

Surt, a situation being violent and a situation being turned more violent aren't mutually exclusive.

And the point here is Trump is capitulating to terrorists like Hamas by weakening the position of those who want peace.

The situation was bad, Trump's actions will make the situation worse. That's not doing nothing, that's doing something bad.
quote:
The only thing prolonging this conflict is Israel's corrupt government trying to curie international favors and Hamas's influence in the Gaza Strip

Not taking another people's land is "capitulating".

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 09:46 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

So then what do we do. What we are currently doing now is not working.

Stop supporting Israel's oppression of Palestine people.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 09:50 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Surt, a situation being violent and a situation being turned more violent aren't mutually exclusive.

And the point here is Trump is capitulating to terrorists like Hamas by weakening the position of those who want peace.

The situation was bad, Trump's actions will make the situation worse. That's not doing nothing, that's doing something bad.

Not taking another people's land is "capitulating".

I get the situation was bad, but it doesn't seem to be progressing. Was there some major peace deal about to go down? I don't get it. I don't think either of them will ever want to share Jerusalem. At least not a significant amount.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 09:50 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
It really sucks, doesn't it?

There's no way around it other than just to forgive and forget and try to coexist. Many are doing it and trying it. Really trying hard. But, obviously, the wounds keep reopening over and over again.

Do you think Trump made the wrong move? I just keep thinking of how the Knesset is in Jerusalem. It seems Israel is being painted as the bad guys here.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 09:52 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think either of them will ever want to share Jerusalem. At least not a significant amount.
Mother****er they already are sharing Jersulaem

Originally posted by Firefly218
They already co-exist to a degree. Muslims make up over 35% of Jerusalem's population. There's an entire Muslim Quarter inside of Jerusalem. The Islamic call to prayer rings out across Jerusalem every morning and evening.

Jerusalem is a perfect example of co-existence, it is located on the border of the Palestinian West Bank and Israel.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 09:53 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Nope, we've given them 22 years to change. They have failed.

No we haven't. We've actively supported Israel as they've continued to pour gasoline on the fire by building settlements.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 09:53 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Firefly218
Mother****er they already are sharing Jersulaem

Well I dunno what to tell you lol. It seems like almost an impossible situation. Doing nothing certainly doesn't help. I dunno, split Jerusalem up? I doubt they'd go for it.

This is why I despise all religion. Because the people can be crazy and obsessive. We are letting imaginary beliefs dictate major events. Wtf.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 09:56 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

I get the situation was bad, but it doesn't seem to be progressing. Was there some major peace deal about to go down? I don't get it. I don't think either of them will ever want to share Jerusalem. At least not a significant amount.

And so Surt, we're left with two choices

A. leave the situation alone(which is not the same as supporting Israel's right to take Palestine land).

B. Make the situation better.

As Trump wants to intervene, he needs to intervene in a way which would do B.

Instead, he's intervened in a way which would make the situation worse.

If you want to make the situation better, condemn Israel's settlements as we condemn Palestine terrorists. Stop supporting oppression.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 09:58 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
And so Surt, we're left with two choices

A. leave the situation alone(which is not the same as supporting Israel's right to take Palestine land).

B. Make the situation better.

As Trump wants to intervene, he needs to intervene in a way which would do B.

Instead, he's intervened in a way which would make the situation worse.

If you want to make the situation better, condemn Israel's settlements as we condemn Palestine terrorists. Stop supporting oppression.

I truly don't support oppression and I truly don't' want anything bad to happen. I still do have problems with religion dictating things. I guess there is no real solution. I think Trump did this for two reasons. One is that he said he would do it. Trump loves to be able to point to a "win" or to a promise fulfilled. The other is to appeal to his evangelical base. I'm guessing for those people, some of whom voted for him thinking he would do this with Jerusalem, now feel their vote for him was worth it.

I have seen conflicting reports from experts, there is so much information you don't know who to trust. Some say some huge violence will erupt. Others say there will be a very brief period of tension and then things will balance out.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 10:04 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

I truly don't support oppression and I truly don't' want anything bad to happen. I still do have problems with religion dictating things. I guess there is no real solution.

I just gave you a potential solution:
quote:

The "you" is not referring to you, but rather the US government.
I think Trump did this for two reasons. One is that he said he would do it. Trump loves to be able to point to a "win" or to a promise fulfilled. The other is to appeal to his evangelical base. I'm guessing for those people, some of whom voted for him thinking he would do this with Jerusalem, now feel their vote for him was worth it.

Why he did it doesn't change what he did was bad. Hence Trump is fully deserving of criticism for his actions. Agreed?

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 10:12 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree, he still deserves criticism. Maybe my mind is changing about this, I don't want people dead. I just hate that this is how things have to be.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 10:17 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thoughts?

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 11:53 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Trump's action sends an unequivocal message of "We're solely on Israel's side. Period!" Which is stupid if Trump's trying to position the US as the mediator in the Israel/Palestine conflict. You can't be a mediator, for peace no less, when going into it you're clearly biased against one side. Captain Picard would be mocking Trump openly here.

Israel doesn't even need this acknowledgement Trump is giving them, they're for all intents and purposes a regional superpower, they could (and have, the Six-Day War) take on all their neighbors and win.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 12:11 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't want a single terrorist attack coming out of that place then. Not one.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 12:12 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

I don't want a single terrorist attack coming out of that place then. Not one.

Huh?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 12:15 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't want t see any of them committing terrorist attacks over this. They can show some civility. Let us see what happens.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 12:16 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Okay, sport. Maybe write Hamas a formal letter with your demands.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 12:20 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Okay, sport. Maybe write Hamas a formal letter with your demands.

Not at all, I'll let them display if they are pieces of shit or not. The next few days will tell us who the savages are.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 12:21 AM