KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Tourney - Low Meta

Tourney - Low Meta
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

Banned:
Chase
Longshot

We restrict everyone to just the list.

If we randomise,add some useless chraracters to the ban list.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 05:48 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

what ds said, + madrox of course. lol

personally i'd just as soon not randomize, but i'm fine if that's what everyone else wants to do. imo it just makes finding material that much harder, but honestly, whatever is fine by me.

can we draw from low meta and under or stick with the few in the list?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 06:06 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

I'm cool with sticking to our chosen.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 06:14 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

The Savage Land would be a cool hunger games like location for this tourney.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 06:32 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anyone pick Iron Fist yet?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 06:49 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Nope.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 06:56 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have a new laptop, which means I could do one of there without stumbling about on a damned phone.

Ok, I'm in. Could be more interesting then the usual trolly threads lately (I don't plan on winning, but I'll dig out all I have. smile )

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 06:59 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

You're going with Fist? Nice thumb up

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 07:00 PM
Bentley
Seitei

It could be interesting for people to pitch scenario ideas that could make matches interesting. We choose among the best and have them be voted either by the judges or publicly and if something is stupidly biased towards a unique character (stuff like Aquaman under water or stuff like that) we can make a redraft or pick a second choice for each player.

Would you guys fly if we tried something like that? I can handle receiving and sorting out the scenario proposals if you guys are up to it.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 07:26 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Sounds like Madrox was never actually banned, so I'll stick with him. cool

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 07:42 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smurph
Sounds like Madrox was never actually banned, so I'll stick with him. cool

Originally posted by leonidas
what ds said, + madrox of course. lol

personally i'd just as soon not randomize, but i'm fine if that's what everyone else wants to do. imo it just makes finding material that much harder, but honestly, whatever is fine by me.

can we draw from low meta and under or stick with the few in the list?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 07:47 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Bentley
It could be interesting for people to pitch scenario ideas that could make matches interesting. We choose among the best and have them be voted either by the judges or publicly and if something is stupidly biased towards a unique character (stuff like Aquaman under water or stuff like that) we can make a redraft or pick a second choice for each player.

Would you guys fly if we tried something like that? I can handle receiving and sorting out the scenario proposals if you guys are up to it.

my thought is that this would just add time to this thing but whatever.

i'm also thinking we need a list of characters chosen lol tbf, a couple of us chose characters thinking we were drafting under a different set of rules, or without knowing the rules. i'd still be partial to a blind draft at a set time to the host, so everyone has an equal chance to grab someone, even the late comers. also still wondering if we can draft lower than the tier....?

slash says he's heading it, and i'm good with that. set the rules, make the decisions and let's set a start date.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 07:51 PM
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Banned:
Chase
Longshot

We restrict everyone to just the list.

If we randomise,add some useless chraracters to the ban list.
thumb up if there's anyone else that everyone would like to see banned, please mention them now.

I'm not sure if I'm ok with just restricting it to the listed characters. I'd like all participants to have more options than that.

I'll take a vote on randomization. Let's say, if five people are ok with it, we do it?

If five people are ok with the savage land, then we'll have the fight there.

Who all is participating?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 08:26 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I'm ok with randomization, with Savage lands and with characters from lower tiers. Just don't bring stuff that will get insta banned.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 09:21 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash

Alright, so I went back over the thread and compiled a list of every character that the contestants have chosen. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Damborgson -->Black Canary
Leonidas ------>Triathlon
Supermutant -->Mystique
Bentley -------->Nightcrawler
"Id" ------------>Fantomex
Darksaint ------>Batman
Cdtm ---------->Iron fist

LoB nominated Klaw, Beatboks nominated Longshot, and Smurph nominated Madrox, but I'm banning those characters. Way too powerful. This means that LoB, Beatboks and Smurph get to choose another character. thumb up

Here are the rules:

Your characters come armed with what the normally use. If your character currently has a weapon, gadget, or suit that currently puts them past the low meta tier (a good example is deathstroke and his Ikon armor), you're not allowed to use that weapon gadget, or suit for pretty obvious reasons.

You are allowed to take characters from lower tiers as well as characters that aren't on this list. As long as it can be agreed that the character you choose is low meta or below, you can use them.

The battlefield will be the Savage land.

There will be no prep time.

This will be randomized and I will choose a few character to throw into the list to make getting your choice even harder.

I haven't decided on how many posts you get yet. If we go for one massive free for all, I'm probably going to make this a one post tourney. If we go with two smaller free for all battles with the winners of both fights having a final battle, then it can be a three post tourney. I'm also thinking that it could be cool to do this thunder dome style. One character starts in the battle zone and has to go through a gauntlet of everyone else's characters (getting full rest after each fight of course) and whoever wins has to continue running the gauntlet.

If you guys have a preference for how the posting style of the tournament should be, please say so.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 01:41 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

My 2 cents:

The list of characters looks good except for Fantomex. His misdirection is pretty hax especially against this tier.

Since the rest are around the same level, I don't think they need to be randomized. Just go with straight picks.

I prefer a massive free for all with one post.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 02:41 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by deathslash
thumb up if there's anyone else that everyone would like to see banned, please mention them now.

I'm not sure if I'm ok with just restricting it to the listed characters. I'd like all participants to have more options than that.

I'll take a vote on randomization. Let's say, if five people are ok with it, we do it?

If five people are ok with the savage land, then we'll have the fight there.

Who all is participating?

In that case, i nominate Fantomex to be banned as well, having used him in a BZ before and knowing his capabilities.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 02:42 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash

Originally posted by Supermutant
My 2 cents:

The list of characters looks good except for Fantomex. His misdirection is pretty hax especially against this tier.

Since the rest are around the same level, I don't think they need to be randomized. Just go with straight picks.

I prefer a massive free for all with one post.
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
In that case, i nominate Fantomex to be banned as well, having used him in a BZ before and knowing his capabilities.
alright then. Fantomex is banned. "ID", please choose another character.

Sorry guys, but I decided to go with randomization. I'd like to add that extra edge of excitement for the tournament. Also, nobody here would like to see DS argue using Batman.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 04:48 PM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Agreed on the banning thumb up and my final nominatio was actually mysterio

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 05:56 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

I'll pick something from what's left tomorrow, maybe.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 06:15 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote