KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Freddy Vs. Jason

Freddy Vs. Jason
Started by: Senor_Pessoba

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KidRock

Anyone ever hear of Dr. Giggles??? Its a horror movie but this guy was nuts!!! he walked down the street stabbing people he also soved a vacmm throgh some other guy. Anyone ever hear of this movie?

Old Post Jun 27th, 2003 10:37 PM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

hey kid rock i know Neo is the shit lol, and nice name bro i a very big kid rock fan u like PanterA and MuDvAyNe also?

Old Post Jun 27th, 2003 10:57 PM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

i love pantera and mudvayne.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2003 11:03 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

a horror villian doesnt have to e super human to be scary. the thing that makes leatherface so utterly terrifying and unique is that he is not. he is human, and thus it makes it alot creepier to think of a human being doing all those things as opposed to a demon or invincible dead person. i dont find freddy or jason scary at all because it is impossible for anything like what they do to happen in real life. but what leatherface does is very real and can actually happen. and thats more terrifying then any fried up demon or dead child who drowned in a lake. also what makes leatherface so great is his lack of motovation. unlike freddy and jason and micheal myers, who all are doing what they do for revenge purposes. leatherface does what he does simply because he is insane and he belives he has to do what he does to survive. he is heads and shoulders above every other horror villian, none of them have the depth or eerieness that he does. he is the king because if it werent for him, none of the others would exist. he was the first, and he is still the best.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2003 11:10 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

yeah MuDvAyNe is my favorite band and PanterA is awsome as hell as u can see under my name for my status it says true cowboy from hell. yeah if u like them u got to like Rob Zombie mettalica Ozzy Black Sabbath and shit like that i am a hard core rock fan till death i love anything that pulsaits ya ear drum. but i am also into like linkin park and the used and disturbed and korn and sublime and shit like that too. how bout u guys out there what u dig in music

Old Post Jun 27th, 2003 11:36 PM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

tool, dredg, slipknot, slayer, deftones, machine head, fear factory, soul fly

Old Post Jun 27th, 2003 11:47 PM
DeNiro

Slipknot is the shit they r cool as hell. I like godsmack is good too and jimi hendrix and icp has some good shit too

Old Post Jun 28th, 2003 01:17 AM
Slybaghouse
A breath of fresh air

quote:
Originally posted by DeNiro
PanterA is awsome as hell as u can see under my name for my status it says true cowboy from hell.

I LOVE THAT ALBUM! evil face

cemetry gates, cowboys from hell and Heresy!!!!

rock

- Winston Churchill

Old Post Jun 28th, 2003 02:42 AM
Slybaghouse is currently offline Click here to Send Slybaghouse a Private Message Find more posts by Slybaghouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

**** yeah slybaghouse, that is a good ass cd of theres, i like Vulgar display of power and the great southren trend kill and reinventing steel aint so bad either.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2003 03:05 AM
BackFire

great southern trendkill is there best album. also sepultura is good.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2003 08:39 AM
KidRock

mudvayne kicks ass pantera is in probley my top 5 but my main man is none other then KiDrOck that dude kicks lots O ass lol

Old Post Jun 28th, 2003 05:15 PM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

yeah kid rock does. You dont get anything better when u r listning to cocky or american bad ass at full blast on ya radio.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2003 11:22 PM
kruegerKid
NOES Expert

Angry To BackFire349...

I totally disagree as I stated earlier, I'm not really saying he has to be superhuman but he, in my opinion, should have some other qualities other than human ones. This is because without them all he is another psycho, nothing special. Just because he is extremely demented and likes to wear human skins you think he is the king?
laughing

Think about these questions:

1. If I make a movie about a random serial killer, should we call that horror?
-No, it would be more drama, suspense than anything.

2. Just because someone kills for no reason that makes them scarier?
-No, it makes them crazier thats it.

3. If something that happened in the movie had the possibility of happening to us, does that make it scarier?
-No, I bet if you ask, most people would say they were more scared of Freddy, Jason, Chucky, Mike Myers, or IT than they were of Leatherface even though what happened in Leatherface would be far more likely to happen in real life, than the others.

Ridiculous is what I think the statements you made were. I don't care if he was first or last he didn't inspire anything. I admit he is alright but far from the best. I think what's happening is that you're letting your love of this guy overcome your commonsense, you should try evaluating the situation from a neutral standpoint.
wink

Last edited by kruegerKid on Jun 29th, 2003 at 04:33 AM

Old Post Jun 29th, 2003 04:26 AM
kruegerKid is currently offline Click here to Send kruegerKid a Private Message Find more posts by kruegerKid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

eek! *Holds back Backfire*

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Jun 29th, 2003 12:40 PM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

sorry. you are incorrect. he inspired every horror villian after him. this has been said by alot of the other directors who made similar characters. and actually, lots of people i know think leatherface is scarier then any of the other horror villians because he is the most realistic. oh, and what makes him the king isnt the fact that he wears human skin. its th efact that no other villian has been created that has his depth or that has combined all the winning factors of the other villians. he has the intimidation factor of jason and micheal myers. plus he's often funny. granted he isnt a wise ass like freddy. but thats no great feat. freddy crueger is basically another version of cravens old horror villian from his first movie last house on the left. krueg. anyways. leatherface is still unique to this day. that cant be said for any of the other ones. jason and micheal myers are basically the same. freddy, krueg, and chucky are all very similar. IT is basically the same as the thing. leatherface still stands alone, and is the only one that hasnt been copied to the dime. why is that? because there could never be another leatherface. oh and to answer those 3 questions....

1. no

2. yes. from what ive seen, the characters that scare me the most are the ones without motovation. henry -portrait of a serial killer is another example of this.

3. usually. of course there are exceptions. when i was younger and when i saw all the popular horror series that you mentioned, none scared me whatsoever, except the shining. but the only slasher horror movie that ever got to me was TCM. and that was because of its brutal realism. i guess its amatter of opinion, but if you know for a fact that something cant happen in real life, then why be scared of it?

and as far as your last paragraph goes. everything i say is from a neutral stand point. I've seen them all and then some. some you probably have never heard of. and after all those movies, leatherface is the only character that still intrigues me and that i find interesting. im sorry that you feel differently. but me, along with just about every other true horror fan i know has alot of respect for TCM and loves leatherface for the same reasons i do. calling me ridiculous is like calling many many other horror fans ridiculous as well. but if you want you're circle of generic copy cat killers. thats your choice.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2003 09:57 PM
kruegerKid
NOES Expert

Angry To BackFire349...

Incorrect? Maybe in your mind but I think otherwise. I can't believe you're over exaggerating leatherfaces character. You talk about how in depth he is and how none can compare. Sad, I would hope there would be no character similar to him, one is bad enough. Also, as far as how in depth his character is, that comment alone makes me laugh, he's nothing more than a psycho hillbilly. Is that supposed to scare me? I think not, apparently I have higher standards than you.
smart

Oh and by the way I never said I didn't have respect for TCM I just believe there are better and more scarier characters than leatherface. I also don't appreciate the comment about the "true horror fans" because it insinuates that I am not one, which is far from the truth. I'm also glad that leatherface intrigues you, he just doesn't have that effect on me.
sleep<--This is what he does to me

I also think this debate has continued for far to long. You can say whatever you like using as many arguments to defend your statement and I will still feel the way I do. From the way you are acting, I can assume the same about you. I'm not even going to waste my time anymore. You continue following horror movies that interest you and I will do the same, till my next post...
.... wink

--Final Fantasy Addict--

Last edited by kruegerKid on Jun 29th, 2003 at 11:15 PM

Old Post Jun 29th, 2003 11:06 PM
kruegerKid is currently offline Click here to Send kruegerKid a Private Message Find more posts by kruegerKid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

it looks like we have a Horror Buff show down on hour hands! *ding* *ding* The Forum Master BackFire V.S The Rising Rookie Understudy Kruegar Kid!!! Place your bets!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2003 02:16 AM
BackFire

no, i meant you are incorrect about him influencing other horror villians. this is fact because as i said, the directors of the other horror films have stated this numerous times and all give alot of respect to TCM and leatherface. thats the only thing you are factually wrong about. everything else is just a difference in opinion that i can respect. and as far as the 'true horror fans' thing goes. i did not mean to insinuate that you are not a horror fan. i meant, and i believe i said. that all horror fans i know love leatherface. which is true. thats not to say you are not a horror fan. i dunno if you are or not. so far all ive got to go with is you like nightmare on elmstreet and the other mainstreems horror movies. that tells me nothing about you or your dedication to the genre because lots of people who dont enjoy horror movies as a whole enjoy those ones. and if you are a hardcore horror fan then you are the first who doenst like leatherface. simple as that.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2003 06:11 AM
Sacrifice

I can't believe you guys are arguing over horror characters. blink

Old Post Jun 30th, 2003 02:59 PM
Sacrifice is currently offline Click here to Send Sacrifice a Private Message Find more posts by Sacrifice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

yeah, its what i do wink

Old Post Jun 30th, 2003 06:54 PM