Austin Powers Title & Website News[Sunday, April 21st, 2002]
Film studios New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. on Wednesday said they agreed that comedian Mike Myers can use the title "Austin Powers in Goldmember" as the title of the upcoming spy movie that spoofs the James Bond films, reports Reuters.
The deal settles a months-long dispute that erupted in January when a Motion Picture Association of America arbitration panel ruled New Line and Myers could not use the "Goldmember" name for the third installment of the popular comedies because it was too close to a James Bond film title owned by MGM.
Back in January, MGM Vice Chairman Chris McGurk said the company has a "zero-tolerance policy" toward others who trade on the Bond name. The 20th Bond movie, "Die Another Day" is currently in production, and is set to hit theaters this fall.
In related news, the new Austin Powers [a http://www.austinpowers.com/]website[/i] has been relaunched with new features and goodies.
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]